Is it REALLY best that EVERYONE can Vote?

Anathema

Crotchety Olde Man
Apr 30, 2014
The Olden Days
With Election Day less than 48 hours away, I again wonder…

Is it REALLY in the best interests of this nation that EVERYONE is allowed to Vote?

I look at the people I interact with every day in public, who I work with, and the news I see in the media and I truly wonder why it is that so many people really want most people to be allowed to vote. I’m not talking about illegals, criminals, the mentally deficient, etc… I’m just talking about the average citizen on the street.

Haven’t we see enough of the imbeciles and crooks that the general population continues to elect on both ends of the spectrum? When do we start working to ensure only the truly qualified individuals get a say in these vital decisions?

The federal government has always had the good and the bad, it is no different now than two hundred years ago, want to know why DC is run by humans..

Can either of you explain WHY you want the morons, the idiots, the uneducated, I’m uninformed, and the just plain immoral members of society given the same weight as the decent men of this country?

Well, I believe you listed those who gave us our last two presidents so............................ maybe you have a point.

The Deity didn’t screw up. The unfairness of life is a feature of the system, not a bug. It’s designed to force us to show whether we will do what we Should rather than just what is easy or “fair”.
Then beat yourself regularly because it's not fair to do as such. But, if you want to suppress the freedom and liberty you have to other Americans you ain't gonna get very far, better get a picture puzzle and keep yerself busy.

With Election Day less than 48 hours away, I again wonder…

Is it REALLY in the best interests of this nation that EVERYONE is allowed to Vote?

I look at the people I interact with every day in public, who I work with, and the news I see in the media and I truly wonder why it is that so many people really want most people to be allowed to vote. I’m not talking about illegals, criminals, the mentally deficient, etc… I’m just talking about the average citizen on the street.

Haven’t we see enough of the imbeciles and crooks that the general population continues to elect on both ends of the spectrum? When do we start working to ensure only the truly qualified individuals get a say in these vital decisions?
Well, you are an utter crackpot, and you get to vote.

Clarification: Only those who PAY FEDERAL INCOME TAXES should be allowed to vote.

(sales taxes are state taxes)
That would be like charging a fee to vote. Paying federal taxes is no gift it is a burden of being a citizen, a retiree pays no taxes yet you want people who retire to be unable to vote along with retired military members...You seem demented on just what liberty is.

That would be like charging a fee to vote. Paying federal taxes is no gift it is a burden of being a citizen, a retiree pays no taxes yet you want people who retire to be unable to vote along with retired military members...You seem demented on just what liberty is.
where did you get the idea that retirees pay no income taxes?

if you want to suppress the freedom and liberty you have to other Americans you ain't gonna get very far.
Not sure why it is you think that I vote very often.
Well, you are an utter crackpot, and you get to vote
Yet most of the time I don’t vote. I won’t be voting for any candidates on Tuesday. I’ll vote NO on all four ballot questions and leave the rest of the ballot blank; as I often do.

Forum List

Back