Is it REALLY best that EVERYONE can Vote?

With Election Day less than 48 hours away, I again wonder…

Is it REALLY in the best interests of this nation that EVERYONE is allowed to Vote?

I look at the people I interact with every day in public, who I work with, and the news I see in the media and I truly wonder why it is that so many people really want most people to be allowed to vote. I’m not talking about illegals, criminals, the mentally deficient, etc… I’m just talking about the average citizen on the street.

Haven’t we see enough of the imbeciles and crooks that the general population continues to elect on both ends of the spectrum? When do we start working to ensure only the truly qualified individuals get a say in these vital decisions?

Education level — Democrats​

Those with a high school degree or less who identify or lean toward Democrat: 45%
Those with some college education who identify or lean toward Democrat: 47%
Those with a four-year college degree who identify or lean toward Democrat: 54%
Those with post-grad experience who identify or lean toward Democrat: 63%

Education level — Republicans​

Those with a high school degree or less who identify or lean toward Republican: 47%
Those with some college education who identify or lean toward Republican: 45%
Those with a four-year college degree who identify or lean toward Republican: 39%
Those with post-grad experience who identify or lean toward Republican: 31%

I’ve long been a proponent of a 3 year “National Service” requirement to earn citizenship. Right after high school. Choose not to do it and you lose any chance to become a citizen and any/all support from the Government
So WTF do you think you would do with that many kids? It would cost too much.

1. LIAR. Showing that you paid taxes is NOT a fee. You already pad the taxes, duh.
2. LIAR. I'm a retiree, and I pay IRS taxes. Retirees could even be exempt, if they show their Medicare card.
If you must pay taxes to vote then you have paid the fee to vote in fact you have paid the govt. not to come and take away what you own.

I wouldn’t suggest a monarchy, but the representative system we currently have has proven itself a total failure.

You are suggesting a voting system where some are more worthy than others.

The guy living under an overpass has as much a right to vote as the guy who built the overpass. Both will vote in their best interests

So WTF do you think you would do with that many kids? It would cost too much
No it wouldn’t. I said National Service, not Military service. You replace every secretary, clerk, and office fuck in the US Government with these kids. The DOT, the Department of the Interior, etc… Younpay these kids minimum wage to replace the sack of shit career scum in the Government.

No it wouldn’t. I said National Service, not Military service. You replace every secretary, clerk, and office fuck in the US Government with these kids. The DOT, the Department of the Interior, etc… Younpay these kids minimum wage to replace the sack of shit career scum in the Government.
You get what you pay for

Is it REALLY in the best interests of this nation that EVERYONE is allowed to Vote?

I look at the people I interact with every day in public, who I work with, and the news I see in the media and I truly wonder why it is that so many people really want most people to be allowed to vote. I’m not talking about illegals, criminals, the mentally deficient, etc… I’m just talking about the average citizen on the street.

Haven’t we see enough of the imbeciles and crooks that the general population continues to elect on both ends of the spectrum? When do we start working to ensure only the truly qualified individuals get a say in these vital decisions?
Everybody but you. Beat ya to it.

Not currently. We pay these government employees excellent salaries/benefits and rarely get anything useful out of them.

I spent 40 years with those employees. Most have college degrees and years of experience.
They understand the laws, rules and regulations for spending the taxpayers money. They are the constant that keeps the government running.

Do you feal entitled over others? Fair and free elections. It's the way we roll.

No. Look at how far our country has fallen by allowing women to vote.

When our Republic started, most people didn’t have the right to vote, just land owners.

Absolutely.
Absolutely wrong. 18-year-olds should never, ever be given the right to vote.
All they know for their entire existence is free food, free clothes, free room and board, free toys, and free health care. just free everything and without any responsibility. With that kind of background, I just wonder what party they would gravitate to?
If women negatively impact this election and help elect far-left liberals candidates based on their demented need for total abortion rights while completely ignoring the importance of all other issues, I would likely add them to the list too.

Opinion noted.

All they know for their entire existence is free food, free clothes, free room and board, free toys, and free health care. just free everything and without any responsibility. With that kind of background, I just wonder what party they would gravitate to?
If women negatively impact this election and help elect far-left liberals candidates based on their demented need for total abortion rights while completely ignoring the importance of all other issues, I would likely add them to the list too.

So only those you agree with should vote.........

The reasoning was they were old enough to fight and die for their country, they are old enough to vote

Forum List

Back