Is It Right That American Citizens Should Have To Stand Over 5 or 6 Hours In Line Just To Vote?

It's neither right or wrong. Some people will wait all day at the welfare office to get free food, they can wait to vote.

Why should citizens have to stand in line for hours when the alternative is to vote by mail in less than five minutes?

Voting should not be an ordeal. It should be fast, safe and convenient.

They could adopt my idea and problem solved. No need to vote by mail. The line is because of people standing at those stupid tables blackening holes; something you can do at home or in your car. Presenting ID and slipping your ballot into the reader takes about 60 seconds.
Yup
Just do it at home and drop in any mailbox

Why should I give up my right to vote by mail just because Republicans are so damn paranoid?

Or should something be done about that so that it's made as quick, easy and efficient as possible?

Give your reasons for your answer.

No, it is not right. Voting should me made easy, efficient, and SECURE. Vote by mail is a potential solution which is what absentee voting provides. I do not support the model proposed by Democrats where ballots are mailed out unsolicited based on a registered vote list that Democrats refuse to purge voters who have died, voters no longer living in district, or voters who have been inactive for six or more years. I am also concerned when I hear and see accounts of bulk ballots intended for voters ending up in the trash never to arrive at the voters' residence.

Something already has been done here to make voting both cheaper for the government and more convenient for us voters: mail-in voting. I use it here in Arizona, just filled out my ballot this past Sunday. The only downside I've noticed is that we're among the states that have retention elections and so it is tempting to skip going down the list of 50 judges answering whether they should be retained or not. Much faster to go down that list punching responses in a voting booth as opposed to marking a ballot with pen for each.

I've read/heard about the voter suppression issue that is claimed to be going on in recent years, especially in Georgia, through the consolidation of polling places. The few articles I've read does leave an impression that there's something rotten in Denmark (I love old idioms).

Yup

Why should I give up my right to vote by mail just because Republicans are so damn paranoid

Because at the mailbox you don't have to present an ID. Vote by person and a ID is required. That's why.
I sign my name on the mail in ballot and the signature is verified against the one on file

An ID is easier to fake than a signature

Why should citizens have to stand in line for hours when the alternative is to vote by mail in less than five minutes?

Voting should not be an ordeal. It should be fast, safe and convenient.

They could adopt my idea and problem solved. No need to vote by mail. The line is because of people standing at those stupid tables blackening holes; something you can do at home or in your car. Presenting ID and slipping your ballot into the reader takes about 60 seconds.
Yup

Why should I give up my right to vote by mail just because Republicans are so damn paranoid?
Republicans arent wearing the diapers over their mouths.

Or should something be done about that so that it's made as quick, easy and efficient as possible?

No, it is not right. Voting should me made easy, efficient, and SECURE. Vote by mail is a potential solution which is what absentee voting provides. I do not support the model proposed by Democrats where ballots are mailed out unsolicited based on a registered vote list that Democrats refuse to purge voters who have died, voters no longer living in district, or voters who have been inactive for six or more years. I am also concerned when I hear and see accounts of bulk ballots intended for voters ending up in the trash never to arrive at the voters' residence.
They announce when ballots are mailed

If you did not receive one, call them up

Here is what we have done in Texas this election cycle:

Another factor: Many states, including Arizona and Texas, two states subject to preclearance restrictions before Shelby, have allowed counties to adopt regional vote centers, a change that means voters in the jurisdiction can vote at any location, not just at a single assigned polling place. Proponents say that even though jurisdictions using vote centers offer fewer locations for voting, vote centers actually give voters more options. Seventeen states allow the use of vote centers, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures, though not every county in each of those states uses them (and Iowa does not use them for federal elections).

This year, more states and counties are turning to vote centers as a way to combat the strains of the pandemic and use larger spaces with room for social distancing, such as fairgrounds or arenas. Maryland, for example, is consolidating its usual 1,600 polling places into a few hundred vote centers after local election officials told the governor they could not find enough poll workers to staff the usual number of locations.

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/resear...ase-sheds-light-on-past-polling-place-changes
Marc is running with a bullshit smoke screen to bitch about voter suppression. It's a fucking lie.

No. That is a clear indication that their either are not enough polling places, not enough hours for polls to be open, or there needs to be more early voting.

Not everyone has that amount of time to stand in line...they have to work.
The funny thing is most of the places with long lines are controlled by Democrat's.
So you know, create a problem to bitch about knowing many in the population are too stupid to realize YOU CREATED THE PROBLEM and have no intention of fixing it.

No. That is a clear indication that their either are not enough polling places, not enough hours for polls to be open, or there needs to be more early voting.

Not everyone has that amount of time to stand in line...they have to work.
The funny thing is most of the places with long lines are controlled by Democrat's.
So you know, create a problem to bitch about knowing many in the population are too stupid to realize YOU CREATED THE PROBLEM and have no intention of fixing it.

And the republicans are busy making up the voting right laws, and they are busy closing polling places.

Texas only has 1 drop off ballot in a county. Works for 10 , not working for 2 million.

Report: More than 1600 Polling Places Have Closed Since the Supreme Court Gutted the Voting Rights Act
Most of them are in minority communities

along party lines on the supreme court., and 1700 are in TX.

What are the republican afraid of.
Look at my post RIGHT ABOVE YOURS!!!

:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

Report: More than 1600 Polling Places Have Closed Since the Supreme Court Gutted the Voting Rights Act
Most of them are in minority communities

along party lines on the supreme court., and 1700 are in TX.

What are the republican afraid of.

Link?

Forum List

Back