Is It Right That American Citizens Should Have To Stand Over 5 or 6 Hours In Line Just To Vote?

Assuming the dems win the WH and the Senate, and pass a law mandating polling stations for federal elections per # of citizens within some distance, I wonder what the Barrett Court would do.

It might rule a violation of states rights. Elections are local, not federal.

Or should something be done about that so that it's made as quick, easy and efficient as possible?

Give your reasons for your answer.

Or should something be done about that so that it's made as quick, easy and efficient as possible?

Is it right that most mail in votes have no chain of custody, are highly insecure, and easily subject to fraud?

I look forward to your answer.

Report: More than 1600 Polling Places Have Closed Since the Supreme Court Gutted the Voting Rights Act
Most of them are in minority communities

along party lines on the supreme court., and 1700 are in TX.

What are the republican afraid of.
Exactly!

Who do those LOCAL communities go to fight to get their voting precincts re-opened?

The funny thing is most of the places with long lines are controlled by Democrat's.
So you know, create a problem to bitch about knowing many in the population are too stupid to realize YOU CREATED THE PROBLEM and have no intention of fixing it.
Who's in charge of setting up and managing polling places?

Report: More than 1600 Polling Places Have Closed Since the Supreme Court Gutted the Voting Rights Act
Most of them are in minority communities

along party lines on the supreme court., and 1700 are in TX.

What are the republican afraid of.
Exactly!

Who do those LOCAL communities go to fight to get their voting precincts re-opened?
The local folks in charge of it, Dumbass.

With today technology why are we not using our phones to vote and use technology to use fingerprint or other forms of scan in ID?

No. That is a clear indication that their either are not enough polling places, not enough hours for polls to be open, or there needs to be more early voting.

Not everyone has that amount of time to stand in line...they have to work.
That's another move to suppress voters. Having the election on a Tuesday. Why a Tuesday? Why not a Saturday?

If it were on Saturday, you’d bitch about that too.

“They don’t want you to vote. If they did, we wouldn’t vote on a Tuesday. In November. You ever throw a party on a Tuesday? No. Because nobody would come.”
Chris Rock

Actually, it's Tuesday because The Founders wanted everyone to be able to vote.
Some had to travel a long distance to vote, and as we were a moral society then, No one wanted to travel on the Lords day.
So you had Monday to get there and Tuesday to vote.

The "Founders" didn't create the Tuesday rule. That wasn't enacted until well into the 19th Century but it was for the reasons you note.

What difference does it make? Dems created any delays so let them figure out the answer if you don't want to wait in line. I am voting Trump so will stand in line as long as it takes.

I'm not sure why anyone should have to wait any longer at all. The line may be longer due to distancing but the actual voting process shouldn't change much. If it does, it is only for the voter's protection and I thought bleeding liberals WANTED that! Other than that, if you fear you might wait so long or expect you will, I thought that was why we had mail in voting.
Yep exactly right.

You trampers and republicans make it so hard to vote, WHY? they steal elections.
The PEW article LITERALLY shows the EXACT OPPOSITE!!!!

:laughing0301:

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/resear...ase-sheds-light-on-past-polling-place-changes
They are making it easier to vote by allowing anyone in a precinct to vote in any location, not just their assigned one.

You are fucking stupid.
Well..yeah it does....sorta....it's easier for some..not so easy for others--fewer locations does mean longer travel times and probably longer lines to vote.
Which is why most places are giving a couple of weeks to the process.

But at some point..economics plays a role as well...and i think..this election, that everyone is served adequately.

I think you're correct on this one.

I wouldn't be calling folks stupid though, were I you. Glass houses and all~

The fact is the Republican Party wants to make it nearly impossible for people to vote.

You can't just make it impossible for one party to vote. There are no Republican lines and Democrat lines.

It is true that Republicans don't want to make it easy to vote, and that's a good thing. If you don't want to put any effort into voting, it probably means you don't care about it that much. If you don't care about it that much, it likely means you know little about WTF you're voting on.

If only politically knowledgeable people could vote our government would be in a lot better shape. We would end up with a lot better leaders. But as it is today, we have too many Obama Money people voting; people so ignorant of our country they don't know which side is up and which side is down.

If it were up to me, you would have to take a very simple test before being handed a ballot. Nothing very difficult, just a simple basic test to see if you have the most minimal knowledge of what's going on.

I couldn't get past the ridiculous first sentence.

They target blacks and those in college and young. The groups that are mostly democratic voters.

Too bad the courts of this nation say you are a liar.

Those lines are on purpose. The red states don't put enough voting machines in the polling places or they put malfunctioning machines. They close voting places so there's only one or two for hundreds of thousands of people to vote.

We don't have those problems here. Even when we did vote at voting booths.

We went 100% mail in ballot in 2005 so no one ever stands in line or is ever denied their right to vote.

Registering to vote is easy and voting is easy here. It should be that way in every state.

The republicans know that they lose if everyone votes so they do everything they can to prevent democrats from voting.

It should be illegal but it's not.

If I lived in a red state I would never vote in person at voting place. I would always vote mail in ballot.
My question is...who's in charge of closing and/or opening these voting precincts?

Last edited:

Those lines are on purpose. The red states don't put enough voting machines in the polling places or they put malfunctioning machines. They close voting places so there's only one or two for hundreds of thousands of people to vote.

We don't have those problems here. Even when we did vote at voting booths.

We went 100% mail in ballot in 2005 so no one ever stands in line or is ever denied their right to vote.

Registering to vote is easy and voting is easy here. It should be that way in every state.

The republicans know that they lose if everyone votes so they do everything they can to prevent democrats from voting.

It should be illegal but it's not.

If I lived in a red state I would never vote in person at voting place. I would always vote mail in ballot.
My question is...who's in charge of closing and/or opening these voting precincts?
Depends on the state...some have county level oversight..some strictly state. I bet most decisions regarding the relocation and closing of polling sites, is at a state level..given the importance and the inevitable perceived political nature of such a move.

You can't just make it impossible for one party to vote. There are no Republican lines and Democrat lines.

It is true that Republicans don't want to make it easy to vote, and that's a good thing. If you don't want to put any effort into voting, it probably means you don't care about it that much. If you don't care about it that much, it likely means you know little about WTF you're voting on.

If only politically knowledgeable people could vote our government would be in a lot better shape. We would end up with a lot better leaders. But as it is today, we have too many Obama Money people voting; people so ignorant of our country they don't know which side is up and which side is down.

If it were up to me, you would have to take a very simple test before being handed a ballot. Nothing very difficult, just a simple basic test to see if you have the most minimal knowledge of what's going on.
I don't think that's a good idea.

America has a sordid history of taking tests to vote.

Look at what you're doing here...

The factual claim is made that Republicans are making it DIFFICULT to vote.

You counter by stating nobody is making it IMPOSSIBLE to vote.

That wasn't the claim, but that's the counter argument you're making.

See the problem there?

It's dishonest at it's core.

Republicans would do a lot better to simply counter w/honest arguments against their political opponents, not made up ones.

Last edited:
Is it right that most mail in votes have no chain of custody, are highly insecure, and easily subject to fraud?

I look forward to your answer.
Well, if you can prove a history of abuse in that regard, I'd gladly give you an answer.

With today technology why are we not using our phones to vote and use technology to use fingerprint or other forms of scan in ID?
Good question, why don't we?

Do you think the Republican Party would be down w/that idea?

Personally, I think the Democrats would be cool w/it.

Forum List

Back