Is It Right That American Citizens Should Have To Stand Over 5 or 6 Hours In Line Just To Vote?

Look at what your doing here...

The factual claim is made that Republicans are making it DIFFICULT to vote.

You counter by stating nobody is making it IMPOSSIBLE to vote.

That wasn't the claim, but that's the counter argument you're making.

See the problem there?

It's dishonest at it's core.

Republicans would do a lot better to simply counter w/honest arguments against their political opponents, not made up ones.

Who's making anything up? I admitted that the Republicans don't want to make it easy to vote, and I support that. It's why voter-id is so controversial. Voter-id takes a little effort, effort some Democrat constituents won't go through. They'll just stay home.

Instead of being honest and stating some of their base are lazy good for nothings, they get out their ace in the hole card--racism. How does one law that applies to everybody equally, racist? It's not. It's a Democrat lie.

The Democrats have the welfare vote wrapped up. Many people who are on welfare are lazy people who don't want to work. They just want to sit home playing video games all day. So they're not going to put any effort into voting.

Who's making anything up? I admitted that the Republicans don't want to make it easy to vote, and I support that. It's why voter-id is so controversial. Voter-id takes a little effort, effort some Democrat constituents won't go through. They'll just stay home.

Instead of being honest and stating some of their base are lazy good for nothings, they get out their ace in the hole card--racism. How does one law that applies to everybody equally, racist? It's not. It's a Democrat lie.

The Democrats have the welfare vote wrapped up. Many people who are on welfare are lazy people who don't want to work. They just want to sit home playing video games all day. So they're not going to put any effort into voting.
That's quite insulting.

So I'd imagine I would never see any "you're insulting the American voters" arguments from you. Right?

I don't think that's a good idea.

America has a sordid history of taking tests to vote.

Why is it not a good idea?

Let's say MLB decided to let the citizens vote for the players of their city's teams. In your city, they allowed anybody to vote. In my city, you had to demonstrate you have an acute knowledge of major league baseball to vote. Who do you think will have the better team, my city or yours? We'd wipe the playing field with your team.

The same should hold true of voting. If you don't even know what the hell you're voting on, of course you won't end up with the best players.

That's quite insulting.

So I'd imagine I would never see any "you're insulting the American voters" arguments from you. Right?

I didn't know it was possible to insult many of the American voters considering the guff they swallow every four years from various candidates then happily pull a lever for them anyway.

That's quite insulting.

Correct, it is insulting which is why the Democrats won't say it. But it's the truth. I also don't believe the Republicans concerns are about positive identification either. They are just making people put some effort to vote. Both parties know it. Neither will admit to it, but that's what's really going on.

Or should something be done about that so that it's made as quick, easy and efficient as possible?

Give your reasons for your answer.

No. That is a clear indication that their either are not enough polling places, not enough hours for polls to be open, or there needs to be more early voting.

Not everyone has that amount of time to stand in line...they have to work.
That's another move to suppress voters. Having the election on a Tuesday. Why a Tuesday? Why not a Saturday?

If it were on Saturday, you’d bitch about that too.

“They don’t want you to vote. If they did, we wouldn’t vote on a Tuesday. In November. You ever throw a party on a Tuesday? No. Because nobody would come.”
Chris Rock

Actually, it's Tuesday because The Founders wanted everyone to be able to vote.
Some had to travel a long distance to vote, and as we were a moral society then, No one wanted to travel on the Lords day.
So you had Monday to get there and Tuesday to vote.

The "Founders" didn't create the Tuesday rule. That wasn't enacted until well into the 19th Century but it was for the reasons you note.

The founders of the rule, silly.

Correct, it is insulting which is why the Democrats won't say it. But it's the truth. I also don't believe the Republicans concerns are about positive identification either. They are just making people put some effort to vote. Both parties know it. Neither will admit to it, but that's what's really going on.
How does gerrymandering factor into your analysis?

It's another thing both parties do. Or do you think only Republicans re-district?
See...?

You're doing that dishonest thing again.

I simply stated "gerrymandering", not "Republican gerrymandering."

Yet, your response was a partisan one.

Yes, I know that that BOTH parties do it.

Please respond to the question I asked.

Thanks.

What, is it not fair for you? Is it racist that you have to stand in a fucking line to vote where you fucking mental slaves have to make your ass be a victim again of evil oppressive America?

You brainwashed idiot.
Are you going to answer the OP question or not?

It's another thing both parties do. Or do you think only Republicans re-district?
See...?

Thanks.
Since you provided no link in your OP to back up your claim, tell us where these 6 hour lines are MarcATL

See...?

Thanks.

I made that assumption based on your party affiliation. To answer your question, I don't have a problem with it.

I made that assumption based on your party affiliation. To answer your question, I don't have a problem with it.
OK, so you don't have a problem w/partisan political forces putting their thumb on the scale and setting things up so that they can be able to shut down precincts that their opponent's constituents are predominantly in.

Would that be a correct understanding of your position?

Or should something be done about that so that it's made as quick, easy and efficient as possible?

Give your reasons for your answer.

No. That is a clear indication that their either are not enough polling places, not enough hours for polls to be open, or there needs to be more early voting.

Not everyone has that amount of time to stand in line...they have to work.
That's another move to suppress voters. Having the election on a Tuesday. Why a Tuesday? Why not a Saturday?

If it were on Saturday, you’d bitch about that too.

“They don’t want you to vote. If they did, we wouldn’t vote on a Tuesday. In November. You ever throw a party on a Tuesday? No. Because nobody would come.”
Chris Rock
If the day of the week prevents you from voting, you probably didn't really want to vote all that much in the first place. Same for standing in line. If you want to do something, you don't let minor inconveniences stand in your way.

It was originally done for convenience. Those reasons no longer apply and it should probably be moved to a Saturday but that is becoming less of an issue as more and more places open early voting.

The national elections should be a national holiday. Everybody gets off of work so they can vote.

We can replace Columbus day and end that argument.
I'd like to see election day fall the day after taxes are due.

See...?

Thanks.
We, see it in the context and matches EVERYTHING ELSE YOU POST! You are making this about oppression again and you spoiled people have it sooooo unfair.

No wonder none of you people are leaving and ESCAPING the TYRANNY.

Oh, wait. That's the opposite point. Africans are so embarrassed by your cries of oppression. Did you make lebron a little richer or buy Nike that pays commie Kaepernick 50 million dollars to portray a che like victim as their sweatshops produce those $500 dollar sneakers you buy?

As Malcolm X once said. You are a traitor to your own race. I don't give a shit how much you virtue signal about your fake concerns.

You ignore the facts and play the victim card every damn day. Go tell your white patronizing racist masters all about it. Not me.

See...?

Thanks.
We, see it in the context and matches EVERYTHING ELSE YOU POST! You are making this about oppression again and you spoiled people have it sooooo unfair.

No wonder none of you people are leaving and ESCAPING the TYRANNY.

Oh, wait. That's the opposite point. Africans are so embarrassed by your cries of oppression. Did you make lebron a little richer or buy Nike that pays commie Kaepernick 50 million dollars to portray a che like victim as their sweatshops produce those $500 dollar sneakers you buy?

As Malcolm X once said. You are a traitor to your own race. I don't give a shit how much you virtue signal about your fake concerns.

You ignore the facts and play the victim card every damn day. Go tell your white patronizing racist masters all about it. Not me.
He's not even really black. Just another pos lying and stirring up racial divide.

Forum List

Back