Is It Wrong to Think Homosexuality is a Sin?

Don't let them make you feel bad about your marriage. There is nothing wrong with it, and you have found a person that you love and enjoy, and that is the only thing that matters. :smiliehug: And you are a great person too. :)

Nothing said could make me feel bad about my relationship. I have the approval of my friends/family and that is all that matters. The rest can deal with it or get bent. lol

Good. I hate to think of you reading some of this crap and feeling bad. Some people are ignoramuses.

The only people that can really make me feel bad are already on my side. The rest is just noise.

It's not like heterosexuals (and people of all categories) don't deal with the same thing. If you are married and fall in love with someone else, it's considered a sin by Christians (well, if you act on it anyway). In fact, it's WORSE actually, because not only do Christians frown on it, pretty much everyone one else does too (believer or not). The difference is, homosexuality is in the process of moving from "taboo" to mainstream, so there is more outward resistance.

AS they should. A married person made a commitment and an oath to God, so knowing that why would you go and "fall in love" with someone else? Don't put yourself in those kinds of situations. With homosexuality, they are not HURTING another person.
And you prove my point. Thanks!

Nothing said could make me feel bad about my relationship. I have the approval of my friends/family and that is all that matters. The rest can deal with it or get bent. lol

Good. I hate to think of you reading some of this crap and feeling bad. Some people are ignoramuses.

The only people that can really make me feel bad are already on my side. The rest is just noise.

It's not like heterosexuals (and people of all categories) don't deal with the same thing. If you are married and fall in love with someone else, it's considered a sin by Christians (well, if you act on it anyway). In fact, it's WORSE actually, because not only do Christians frown on it, pretty much everyone one else does too (believer or not). The difference is, homosexuality is in the process of moving from "taboo" to mainstream, so there is more outward resistance.

AS they should. A married person made a commitment and an oath to God, so knowing that why would you go and "fall in love" with someone else? Don't put yourself in those kinds of situations. With homosexuality, they are not HURTING another person.
And you prove my point. Thanks!

Well, the gay couple hasn't committed any "sins." They aren't harming anyone else. Adulterers are selfish, self centered and hurt others.

It's not like heterosexuals (and people of all categories) don't deal with the same thing. If you are married and fall in love with someone else, it's considered a sin by Christians (well, if you act on it anyway). In fact, it's WORSE actually, because not only do Christians frown on it, pretty much everyone one else does too (believer or not). The difference is, homosexuality is in the process of moving from "taboo" to mainstream, so there is more outward resistance

Infidelity is about as frowned on as getting a speeding ticket in our society. Sure, you shouldn't do it, but it's mostly forgiven and forgot about rather quickly.
In a sense, yet, if talking with people I know, at work etc., if someone is cheating on their mate, people are disgusted and talk badly about them, but if talking about a gay couple, it's looked at as a nice thing or at a minimum a too each their own thing

So do you agree that adultery is a worse "sin" than homosexuality?
I think it is frowned upon more in society for sure...as for win, if you believe in sin, God would be the judge

It's not like heterosexuals (and people of all categories) don't deal with the same thing. If you are married and fall in love with someone else, it's considered a sin by Christians (well, if you act on it anyway). In fact, it's WORSE actually, because not only do Christians frown on it, pretty much everyone one else does too (believer or not). The difference is, homosexuality is in the process of moving from "taboo" to mainstream, so there is more outward resistance

Infidelity is about as frowned on as getting a speeding ticket in our society. Sure, you shouldn't do it, but it's mostly forgiven and forgot about rather quickly.
In a sense, yet, if talking with people I know, at work etc., if someone is cheating on their mate, people are disgusted and talk badly about them, but if talking about a gay couple, it's looked at as a nice thing or at a minimum a too each their own thing

I think it is frowned upon more in society for sure

I didn't ask that. I asked you if you felt that adultery was a bigger sin than homosexuality. Yes or no?

Cheating should be looked down upon, gay or straight. Breaking an oath is one of the most dishonorable things one can do; however, they are both sins at the end of the day if you're religious.

Cheating should be looked down upon, gay or straight. Breaking an oath is one of the most dishonorable things one can do; however, they are both sins at the end of the day if you're religious.

That is what SOME of the religious folks think apparently. They just love judging except when it's done to them. Lol.

I think it is frowned upon more in society for sure...as for win, if you believe in sin, God would be the judge

Given the man we elected President

It does not appear that infidelity has much influence on the Christian vote

That is what SOME of the religious folks think apparently. They just love judging except when it's done to them. Lol.

Yeah, some certainly do. Those types sure love to throw your sins in your face, but suddenly change their tune to "we're all sinners" when it's thrown back at them.

Yeah, some certainly do. Those types sure love to throw your sins in your face, but suddenly change their tune to "we're all sinners" when it's thrown back at them.

Well, I really don't see how homosexuality is a sin at all. You can't help that. You aren't treating anyone else badly because of it.

1b2ffa8fd3ff9c28c05a258535d3eef4--story-time-the-story.jpg

Well, I really don't see how homosexuality is a sin at all. You can't help that. You aren't treating anyone else badly because of it.
The only people that need concern themselves with sin are believers, should be irrelevant to others. If you believe anyway, only God is the ultimate judge. No person is really in any place to say, only have opinions

That may be the dumbest and most defensive post I've ever seen from you....

It wasn't dumb at all. It is totally true.

Whether or not someone considers my life sinful is entirely irrelevant to me, that is until they attempt to use or craft laws to harm me.

The only people that need concern themselves with sin are believers, should be irrelevant to others. If you believe anyway, only God is the ultimate judge. No person is really in any place to say, only have opinions

Yet, you started the thread asking a question. Maybe you should have specified that only other religious peoples can answer.

I agree with him

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Forum List

Back