Is man a spiritual being?

Do you believe anything that sod heb writes?
I just like to catch him in his bs, it's non stop. Just like you.
Was the beginning of space and time bullshit?
You have no idea what you're talking about on this subject.
I’ve explained it in great detail to you many times.

You are literally arguing against science.
You think you're theories make sense, but they don't. But that doesn't stop you from seeing them as facts. Learn the difference between theory and fact, that could help your debating on this site.
If you could actually explain how they don’t in a logical fashion I would be willing to reconsider them, Taz. Go for it. But please use facts.

Was the explanation that the reason the flood account exists in all cultures of antiquity because they shared a common history before the migration from the cradle of civilization bullshit?
All cultures have had floods. There's zero geological evidence of a 40 day worldwide flood.
Different discussion, Taz. But they all have an account because before the migration from Mesopotamia they shared a common history. Like I said before the first 11 chapters of the Torah is an allegorical account of the history of the world that we all share.
"is an allegorical account of the history of the world", so not a real account of things that actually happened, got it. :lol:
How else would you expect men of 6000 years ago to capture it, Taz?
You mean the Chinese?

A revelation from God who created space and time. How else could they have known.

Same thing for man was created from dust.
Gee, they decided that everything had a beginning. They watched children being born, animals being born, plants starting out as seeds, fish growing, ...so it's pretty ordinary that they would think that the world had a beginning, which they got wrong, "Let there be light", their "beginning". happened some 400 million years after the BB. And they never mention time and space.

FYI, man doesn't come from dust.

Yes, man does come from dust. Star dust.

Imagine a man 6000 years ago being shown a revelation of time lapse images of the Big Bang, stellar evolution, chemical evolution (supernovas) emergence of life, evolution of life and emergence of consciousness.

That man would be exposed to the processes of the natural world, not the invocation of fear and superstition.
Belief in God is a functional advantage which is why it persists from an evolutionary point of view. So your argument makes no sense.

Nonsense. As usual, your claims are utterly unsupported.

It has been science that has peeled back the layers of fear and superstition that previously assigned to the gods such tasks as making thunder and lighting, floods and earthquakes. As layer after layer of fear and superstition promoted by the religious hierarchies has been peeled back by science, the gods have become less and less relevant and their duties have become more and more superfluous.
I never said God controls these events.

Was the explanation that the reason the flood account exists in all cultures of antiquity because they shared a common history before the migration from the cradle of civilization bullshit?
All cultures have had floods. There's zero geological evidence of a 40 day worldwide flood.
Different discussion, Taz. But they all have an account because before the migration from Mesopotamia they shared a common history. Like I said before the first 11 chapters of the Torah is an allegorical account of the history of the world that we all share.
"is an allegorical account of the history of the world", so not a real account of things that actually happened, got it. :lol:
You mean the Chinese?
Nope. Try again. I know you can do it.

You do realize that pigs are actually quite smart, don't you? And I don't see the connection with people who don't think very deeply, with a smart animal like a pig.

Pigs are not the subject. People who do not think deeply are. The teaching of people who do not think deeply will fuck up your mind. Don't be gullible or you will become stupid and other people will devour you like wild beasts.

This is the hidden subject instruction and warning of the law.

Now go and eat some bacon and learn something for once.
So it's ok to eat bacon, because it's a symbolic law?

yes. the subject is not directly connected to the literal meaning of the words used just like when Jesus said, eat my flesh.

The flesh of one creature or another whether clean or unclean is a metaphor for teaching.
So when it says, don't eat those animals, it means it's ok to eat them. :lol: :cuckoo:

Its not about animals or what you eat for dinner. Its about the type or animals people can be and a warning to stand guard over the purity of your own mind and think deeply otherwise some talking serpent is going to come crawling along one day and poison your mind and you could become a dummy for life.

If you don't believe me just look at what happened to Ding.
So like I said, when it says, don't eat those animals, it means it's ok to eat them. That's beyond dumb. I bet you're even wearing your little round dunce cap right now. :biggrin:

You do realize that pigs are actually quite smart, don't you? And I don't see the connection with people who don't think very deeply, with a smart animal like a pig.

Pigs are not the subject. People who do not think deeply are. The teaching of people who do not think deeply will fuck up your mind. Don't be gullible or you will become stupid and other people will devour you like wild beasts.

yes. the subject is not directly connected to the literal meaning of the words used just like when Jesus said, eat my flesh.

The flesh of one creature or another whether clean or unclean is a metaphor for teaching.
So when it says, don't eat those animals, it means it's ok to eat them. :lol: :cuckoo:

Its not about animals or what you eat for dinner. Its about the type or animals people can be and a warning to stand guard over the purity of your own mind and think deeply otherwise some talking serpent is going to come crawling along one day and poison your mind and you could become a dummy for life.

It was a wise decision of yours to bail on our discussion.

Was the beginning of space and time bullshit?
You have no idea what you're talking about on this subject.
I’ve explained it in great detail to you many times.

You are literally arguing against science.
You think you're theories make sense, but they don't. But that doesn't stop you from seeing them as facts. Learn the difference between theory and fact, that could help your debating on this site.
If you could actually explain how they don’t in a logical fashion I would be willing to reconsider them, Taz. Go for it. But please use facts.
You seem to think that you know what existed before the BB, that's absurd.

You mean the Chinese?
Nope. Try again. I know you can do it.
With those Chinky little pictogram things.

You know you guys would get slaughtered in the bull ring. Make a thread there and send me an invite. I will be more than happy to oblige you in your folly.

Time for me to go play golf.

It was a wise decision of yours to bail on our discussion.
Shouldn't you be getting ready for church? Be nice, drop a C-note in the plate today.

So like I said, when it says, don't eat those animals, it means it's ok to eat them. That's beyond dumb. I bet you're even wearing your little round dunce cap right now. :biggrin:

No, it means if you eat the flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate you will become an unclean creature that cannot ruminate.

You already know this. I see the pig blood dripping from your unclean lips and drooling down your fat chin.

Gee, they decided that everything had a beginning. They watched children being born, animals being born, plants starting out as seeds, fish growing, ...so it's pretty ordinary that they would think that the world had a beginning, which they got wrong, "Let there be light", their "beginning". happened some 400 million years after the BB. And they never mention time and space.

FYI, man doesn't come from dust.

Imagine a man 6000 years ago being shown a revelation of time lapse images of the Big Bang, stellar evolution, chemical evolution (supernovas) emergence of life, evolution of life and emergence of consciousness.

That man would be exposed to the processes of the natural world, not the invocation of fear and superstition.
Belief in God is a functional advantage which is why it persists from an evolutionary point of view. So your argument makes no sense.

It has been science that has peeled back the layers of fear and superstition that previously assigned to the gods such tasks as making thunder and lighting, floods and earthquakes. As layer after layer of fear and superstition promoted by the religious hierarchies has been peeled back by science, the gods have become less and less relevant and their duties have become more and more superfluous.

You’re lamenting the fact that religions simply don't have ability to instill the paralyzing fear they once had. As knowledge has increased, the layers of superstition that define religious belief have come to understand that natural events (planetary eclipse, tornadoes, thunder, lightning, etc.), are not the results of angry gods but are forces of nature. We largely understand those forces and events. If you want to know the date and time of every lunar eclipse in the next 1,000 years, you could consult a religious figure (who might tell you "it's up to the will of the gods" and may want to slaughter a lamb ), or you could ask an astronomer who will explain the orbits of planets around the sun and the coincidence of planets in those orbits.

The instillation of fear as a means to enforce religious belief is still a tactic, but that tactic is much less effective when science counters fear and ignorance with knowledge and reason.

No, it means if you eat the flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate you will become an unclean creature that cannot ruminate.

You already know this. I see the pig blood dripping from your unclean lips and drooling down your fat chin.
Your bible decoder ring is just an idiotic conspiracy theory. It reminds me of my kooky 12th grade English teacher. We'd write poems and she'd infer 30 different things that they "could" mean and then the authors were like, "ermmmmmmm, NO."

Last edited:

I'm a vegetarian, making you WRONG AGAIN!!! :biggrin:

So Jews don't eat pigs for real?

Like your beliefs on reincarnation?
It's the only one that has actual proof.
You may be on to something here Taz. If the human lives for approximately 800 years or so they surely need new skins along the way. Common sense I would say but the word even goes a little further in describing this when Jesus tells us that we will be as the angels and with the host of Jacob one is able to see the angels coming and going.
Wtf are you talking about?
I am sharing portions of the Bible with you so as to let you know that as a human (adam---you that person asleep or as the dead not knowing what the spirit in you is) reincarnation is there, just as you are stuck here on this planet. It is written about in, "that book of fairy tales" you claim you don't believe in.
Just because something is written in a book of fiction doesn't make it so.
What you consider a book of fiction I consider a guide for the spirit of the son of god portion in humans (MAN- the spiritual beings created both in the male and female versions). That is not to say you must read the Bible to be saved, resurrected or have belief in the supernatural but one must still believe with all their mind, body, heart and soul. A very dear friend of my believed and she did not read the Bible but she loved to hear the Word when it wasn't tainted with the precepts of worldly humans and pharisees. She was also baptized in Jesus's name prior to her passing.

The account of Genesis recorded the creation of time and space. It was passed down orally for thousands of years before Moses recorded it. The creation of time and space from nothing has been proven true. So ancient man knew 6000 years before science knew that there was a beginning.
No, it is about the creation of the concept of heaven and earth, a world above and the world below, separated by the establishment of divine light, spoken into existence through law which teaches people to distinguish between clean and unclean, good and evil, true and false, right and wrong, life and death.
So what happens to people who eat ham, for example?

The account of Genesis recorded the creation of time and space. It was passed down orally for thousands of years before Moses recorded it. The creation of time and space from nothing has been proven true. So ancient man knew 6000 years before science knew that there was a beginning.
No, it is about the creation of the concept of heaven and earth, a world above and the world below, separated by the establishment of divine light, spoken into existence through law which teaches people to distinguish between clean and unclean, good and evil, true and false, right and wrong, life and death.

What happens to people who eat ham? They enjoy it.

Swine are unclean creatures because they do not ruminate. Their flesh defiles and contaminates the mind.

This is just a metaphorical reference to people who do not ruminate, think deeply, and just swallow any kind of garbage, teaching, belief system, ideology, sales pitch, or religion without thinking deeply about it at all..

If you swallow the teachings of people who do not ruminate, think deeply, it will defile and contaminate your mind and you will become an unclean creature that cannot ruminate, think deeply.

Here is the wisdom of God. This is my flesh.
As far as worldly flesh goes uncured pork alters the red blood cells in a manner that makes them clot together. Pork is really not all that healthy for humans. What they eat remains in the meat and they are a critter that is still very capable of spreading a lot of disease. Do not touch the dead carcass as it also carries diseases which one can pick up just handling it. Recently documented was a sixty year old woman with extreme arthritis in her hands due to cutting meat that was infected years ago.

Deu 14:8

Spiritually speaking one shouldn't eat swine/unclean things to feed the spirit (notice not pork but swine is the word used). Meaning don't get you spiritual food from a retard, a bullish ass, a zombies, false visionary, sucker, etc.....

Historically people who did not submit to the popular gods promoted by the ruling elite were marginalized, persecuted and killed, even entire families.

Belief has been more a consequence of the instinct to survive than evidence of anything spiritual.
And yet it persisted throughout the ages.

But it seems that you are agreeing with me that spirituality is prevalent in man.
It persisted while being forced on us. And once our parents were brainwashed they brainwashed us.

We certainly were not given an option

Atheism now that it’s acceptable is taking off. The internet is helping to kill religion too. I didn’t have access to atheist resources when I was a kid. The priest had an advantage.

We we we? Us us us? Are you speaking for yourself or a crowd?

Becoming an atheist because scripture is not the literal truth just as dumb as believing that it is all the literal truth.

If you don't understand the hidden subjects, you don't even know what they are, how can you make accurate judgments about it one way or the other??

You might as well read a math book, fail to understand it, and then declare there is no such thing as math.
I have read and understand enough to know hogwash

OK.. the story of the bodily ascension of the risen Christ. Some people read it, fail to understand the subject, and claim to believe. You read the story, failed to understand the subject and do not believe.

Fair enough, the literal reading is hogwash.

If a person came along and showed you how the bodily ascension story was not about Jesus floating up into the sky but about leaving the tomb of the religious beliefs and practices he was born into and his daily struggles keeping faith in his decision until he died would you still disbelieve?

even though its also your story?
I have not posted some things here before because it is a lengthy to tell the story about some of the things I have seen over the years but I can tell you that with God anything is possible. People see things and cannot always articulate well what they have witnessed because what they have seen is in the spirit and it does not fit within a worldly view; therefore these things are not always easy to describe, especially to non believers; Nor do people always know if they were/are in the spirit or not when they see/saw things or have had certain experiences.

It's the only one that has actual proof.
You may be on to something here Taz. If the human lives for approximately 800 years or so they surely need new skins along the way. Common sense I would say but the word even goes a little further in describing this when Jesus tells us that we will be as the angels and with the host of Jacob one is able to see the angels coming and going.
Wtf are you talking about?
I am sharing portions of the Bible with you so as to let you know that as a human (adam---you that person asleep or as the dead not knowing what the spirit in you is) reincarnation is there, just as you are stuck here on this planet. It is written about in, "that book of fairy tales" you claim you don't believe in.
Just because something is written in a book of fiction doesn't make it so.
What you consider a book of fiction I consider a guide for the spirit of the son of god portion in humans (MAN- the spiritual beings created both in the male and female versions). That is not to say you must read the Bible to be saved, resurrected or have belief in the supernatural but one must still believe with all their mind, body, heart and soul. A very dear friend of my believed and she did not read the Bible but she loved to hear the Word when it wasn't tainted with the precepts of worldly humans and pharisees. She was also baptized in Jesus's name prior to her passing.

What happens to people who eat ham? They enjoy it.

Swine are unclean creatures because they do not ruminate. Their flesh defiles and contaminates the mind.

This is just a metaphorical reference to people who do not ruminate, think deeply, and just swallow any kind of garbage, teaching, belief system, ideology, sales pitch, or religion without thinking deeply about it at all..

If you swallow the teachings of people who do not ruminate, think deeply, it will defile and contaminate your mind and you will become an unclean creature that cannot ruminate, think deeply.

Here is the wisdom of God. This is my flesh.
As far as worldly flesh goes uncured pork alters the red blood cells in a manner that makes them clot together. Pork is really not all that healthy for humans. What they eat remains in the meat and they are a critter that is still very capable of spreading a lot of disease. Do not touch the dead carcass as it also carries diseases which one can pick up just handling it. Recently documented was a sixty year old woman with extreme arthritis in her hands due to cutting meat that was infected years ago.

Deu 14:8

Spiritually speaking one shouldn't eat swine/unclean things to feed the spirit (notice not pork but swine is the word used). Meaning don't get you spiritual food from a retard, a bullish ass, a zombies, false visionary, sucker, etc.....
It doesn't matter if you follow a book of fiction or not, we're all going to the same place. To think that people of don't accept Jesus are going somewhere else is not only unproven, but ludicrous.

As for eating unclean animals, I'm a vegetarian, I eat things for health reasons, not mystical reasons.

Who knows. Early man.

What we do know is it occurred about 3000 years or so before Moses recorded it.

And were passed down orally for thousands of years.
Tell your son a story, and tell him to tell it to his descendants for the next 3000 years and see what you get. Not the original story, that's for sure.

So creation happened 3000 before Moses, so like, 5000/6000 years ago?
Don’t be a dipshit. The origin of the account of Genesis was 6000 years ago.
But when did the BB happen?
I’ve told you many times before. 14 billion years ago.
So why did god wait 14 billion years to make us?
I’m not sure it is within the capacity of a cable man to understand.

Tell your son a story, and tell him to tell it to his descendants for the next 3000 years and see what you get. Not the original story, that's for sure.

So creation happened 3000 before Moses, so like, 5000/6000 years ago?
Don’t be a dipshit. The origin of the account of Genesis was 6000 years ago.
But when did the BB happen?
I’ve told you many times before. 14 billion years ago.
So why did god wait 14 billion years to make us?
I’m not sure it is within the capacity of a cable man to understand.
So you don't know then. Got it. :biggrin:

You’re lamenting the fact that religions simply don't have ability to instill the paralyzing fear they once had. As knowledge has increased, the layers of superstition that define religious belief have come to understand that natural events (planetary eclipse, tornadoes, thunder, lightning, etc.), are not the results of angry gods but are forces of nature. We largely understand those forces and events. If you want to know the date and time of every lunar eclipse in the next 1,000 years, you could consult a religious figure (who might tell you "it's up to the will of the gods" and may want to slaughter a lamb ), or you could ask an astronomer who will explain the orbits of planets around the sun and the coincidence of planets in those orbits.

The instillation of fear as a means to enforce religious belief is still a tactic, but that tactic is much less effective when science counters fear and ignorance with knowledge and reason.
No one is forcing you to believe anything.

But if it as you believe that everything proceeds from the material world and that evolutionary forces are responsible for the spirituality that has always existed in overwhelming numbers the it can only be because spirituality provides value and function advantage over materialism.

Otherwise you are literally arguing against science.

Forum List

Back