Is Teaching a respected Profession in This country?

Teaching a respected Profession in the United States?

• yes

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • no

Votes: 26 68.4%

• Total voters
The greed & politics need to be removed from the Public School System. Teacher Unions add nothing to Public Schools. In fact they only hurt them in the end. Once they decided they were going to be so greedy and start indoctrinating children on being good little future adult Democrats,everything began to collapse. And that's where we are today. Many nations are passing us up in Education. You have to remove the politics & greed. Until this happens,our Public Schools will only continue to crumble further. The Wisconsin Governor should probably be looking for ways to fire these protesting Teachers. It could be a fantastic opportunity to get rid of the greedy political activists in the Schools. I guess we'll see what happens.

So, are you trying to say that teachers pay of between 45-75,000.00 a year isn't fair?

Face it, those teachers and other union workers in Wisconsin are going to have to accept serious compromise, or say good bye to their jobs........Their benefits are no longer sustainable. the taxpayers can't afford to supplement their very generous benefits any longer. They need to start shelling out more from their own pockets. Private sector employees are doing it, so can they!

Funny, but I sure as hell didn't hear you whining your ass off when your inept messiah slapped a pay increase freeze on fed workers.......Nope, note one whiney liberal screetch from you or any other whiney liberal up here. .....But all be damned if a Repub tries to make tough choices. In your feeble minds, the world will implode.

You people and your hypocrisy is laughable:lol::lol::lol::lol:

YOu DO know they compromised and took cuts and took on some more of their health benefits last year....right?
And it's now quite apparent they have no choice but to take on more cuts and more of their health benefits........Their very generous benefits cannot be sustained. As is the case in may other states.

Like Obama himself said, all americans are going to have to basically bite the bullet. Time for the union goons to start biting away.......Or face mass lay offs.

So, where's that outrage over your beloved Messiah freezing pay increases on federal employees. I mean that would be akin to waging war on the middle class also, eh?

LMAO!:lol:
I don't know who that person is you are referring to. I blame your teachers for not doing a good job.

The greed & politics need to be removed from the Public School System. Teacher Unions add nothing to Public Schools. In fact they only hurt them in the end. Once they decided they were going to be so greedy and start indoctrinating children on being good little future adult Democrats,everything began to collapse. And that's where we are today. Many nations are passing us up in Education. You have to remove the politics & greed. Until this happens,our Public Schools will only continue to crumble further. The Wisconsin Governor should probably be looking for ways to fire these protesting Teachers. It could be a fantastic opportunity to get rid of the greedy political activists in the Schools. I guess we'll see what happens.

I wonder what talking point blog you lifted that from.

My husband makes three times my salary. He said he wouldn't do what I do for ten times.

Volunteer one day. Then get back to me.

I love what I do. But take away my benefits and pension, and I'd be out in a heartbeat. My bartender friends do very well here at the shore.
So, who's trying to take away anybody's benefits and pensions?

That's not what is happening here. What is happening is that like every other american, it's time for the union types to start paying more into their benefits and pensions. The private sector is doing it, and has been for many years. No reason whatsoever that the union types can't start doing the same. It's long overdue.......It's either that, or get layed off and don't collect shit.

Kids are not failing, the economy is failing, where are those simple jobs in industry these people need.

It is flat out wrong to try and give every kid the same education. We need workers and jobs for workers. Problem is we lost so many jobs those few of us who do work where the dollar is created, not spent, are too few to support fat government.

This is a fight against a fat government that refuses to quit over eating.

Are teachers respected, wrong question, at the wrong time, for the wrong problem.

The question is does the government have the right to hold the public hostage. The teachers are the government, not the public. Our fight is against the government which is a proven failure in everything they do.

We need new leaders with old ideas, the ideas of our founders. There is plenty of waste to cut from the educational system, funny how we are forced to ask if teachers are respected, not if the waste should be cut.

YOu DO know they compromised and took cuts and took on some more of their health benefits last year....right?
And it's now quite apparent they have no choice but to take on more cuts and more of their health benefits........Their very generous benefits cannot be sustained. As is the case in may other states.

Like Obama himself said, all americans are going to have to basically bite the bullet. Time for the union goons to start biting away.......Or face mass lay offs.

So, where's that outrage over your beloved Messiah freezing pay increases on federal employees. I mean that would be akin to waging war on the middle class also, eh?

I don't know who that person is you are referring to. I blame your teachers for not doing a good job.
I'll make it simple on your lil' feeble mind........WHERE.....IS.....YOUR......OUTRAGE.....OVER.......PRESIDENT.......OBAMA.....FREEZING......PAY.......INCREASES.....ON....FEDERAL...EMPLOYEES?

There!.......Slow and to the point. that should allow you the time to grasp the question.

Last edited:
But to answer the thread question, no, teachers aren't as respected as they once were. Neither are cops. Neither are pastors. Neither are the elderly.

Why?

Because we have glorified a culture that values rap stars, ball players, sex addicts, hippies, gays, pot smokers, and just about any other irregular behavior outside of traditional morals. We have glorified all of that above the traditional pillars of respect from our past: Which once was grandfathers, cops, teachers, firemen, etc.

But now, if you believe in some type of morality and proper behavior, then you're ridiculed in our society. Add to the mix lawyers who are ever so willing to file a lawsuit for every hurt feeling in the world, and you get today's society.

Needs to be repeated.
Well said. :clap2:

I'll make it simple on your lil' feeble mind........WHERE.....IS.....YOUR......OUTRAGE.....OVER.......PRESIDENT.......OBAMA.....FREEZING......PAY.......INCREASES.....ON....FEDERAL...EMPLOYEES?

There!.......Slow and to the point. that should allow you the time to grasp the question.

Freezing pay? Sure. No problem. And I suspect that the teachers of WI are fine with a pay freeze (rather than the 2% cut they took)...but that is not what the governor is wanting....maybe you did not know that. I blame your teachers for failing you.

I will always respect most Teachers but i will never respect Democrats and Teacher Unions. They have both destroyed our Public School System. They're behaving like spoiled brats. Not surprising though. The Wisconsin Governor should call their bluff and boot these Teachers.

I will always respect most Teachers but i will never respect Democrats and Teacher Unions. They have both destroyed our Public School System. They're behaving like spoiled brats. Not surprising though. The Wisconsin Governor should call their bluff and boot these Teachers.

Libocalypse maybe it's not how you meant it, but I certainly wouldn't put all the blame on one party, or even an overwhelming majority of it.

Libocalypse maybe it's not how you meant it, but I certainly wouldn't put all the blame on one party, or even an overwhelming majority of it.

Well the Democrats & Teacher Unions have most of the power in our Publc Schools so i have to blame them mostly. They are constantly pushing their greedy political agenda on the kids. It's all about the indoctrination process. They only care about creating those future adult Democrats. They have lost their way. Many countries are now passing us up in Education. We need to get the political activists out of the class room. These activists only serve themselves and the Democratic Party. They stopped caring about the kids a long time ago. Until the activists are removed,our Public Schools will only fall further & further behind the rest of the World.

Well the Democrats & Teacher Unions have most of the power in our Publc Schools so i have to blame them mostly. They are constantly pushing their greedy political agenda on the kids. It's all about the indoctrination process. They only care about creating those future adult Democrats. They have lost their way. Many countries are now passing us up in Education. We need to get the political activists out of the class room. These activists only serve themselves and the Democratic Party. They stopped caring about the kids a long time ago. Until the activists are removed,our Public Schools will only fall further & further behind the rest of the World.

And schools in our states with no unions?

Freezing pay? Sure. No problem. And I suspect that the teachers of WI are fine with a pay freeze (rather than the 2% cut they took)...but that is not what the governor is wanting....maybe you did not know that. I blame your teachers for failing you.
What the governor is wanting is for the union types to start paying their fair share. It's a long overdue concept. Just like the private sector, compromise has to be made.

Doing things your way and the union way will only cause loss of jobs, at a great cost to the students and their parents This isn't an issue that you can just gloss over based on your patisan hack BS......Face it, if this were a dem governor doing the same thing, you wouldn't whine whatsoever.....And you know it's fucking true.

Face it, those teachers and union employees are making damn good money. 45-77 G's isn't the chump change that you're used too. They can afford to dig in their pockets a lil' deeper. Just like every other american is having to do.

I blame your former teachers for your not being able to grasp such a simple concept. Ya' should have paid more attention in class instead of fucking off all the time.

Last edited:
(For example, taking sick days and using students for their own gain is irresponsible IMO.) I'm still unsure as to why teacher unions are so important. Do teachers really have it that bad that they need to pay union dues for representation that they cannot get themselves?

X....are you saying if said teacher has the flu they should come in anyway and infect the kids who then go home and infect their household?...just asking.....

Harry! Are you saying it's okay for the lying striking teacher cnut to call in sick when they aren't and then drag the children out into the streets to strike with them?? what kind of role model is that?

is that what he is saying?.....if so i misread him.....:eusa_angel:

Right but the other party has had many opporunities when they had full control of government to make radical changes and they didn't. All the major issues in government are the fault of both parties and somewhat equally as each party will always eventually get their opportunity to undo what the other party did.

Two separate issues. Most of my friends are willing to accept contributions to benefits and pension- despite contactual obligations. They are not willing to be demonized and vilified. Bodecea's thread was about respect. Obviously posts abput pedophilia and videotaping, suggest that the economy is not the issue.

Teacher bashing - the new trend in bigotry.

Two separate issues. Most of my friends are willing to accept contributions to benefits and pension- despite contactual obligations. They are not willing to be demonized and vilified. Bodecea's thread was about respect. Obviously posts abput pedophilia and videotaping, suggest that the economy is not the issue.

Teacher bashing - the new trend in bigotry.

Teacher bashing because of the union is just as silly as union loving because of teachers.

I've always received respect from parents and students. Does that mean there aren't disagreements? No. However, since we have had mutual respect we work it out, often becoming best advocates for each other.

The real problem comes from administrators. In private schools this can be a career killer. However in public schools, the unions have become so powerful that it's near impossible to get rid of incompetent teachers, while great new teachers see the axe because of tenure.

I'd be more pro-union if those were the issues that were being addressed and how to help teachers be more effective and schools make a significant contribution to community by helping children and parents from early months onward. Instead what we see are huge union leader salaries, working to protect jobs whether useful or not. Endorsements and union monies being spent on politicians, not on issues that the vast majority of members would want.

Ask a classroom teacher if they want more lobbyists in DC or state capital or rather contributing to a school plan for incorporating modules for instruction.

Truth to tell, unions can help with making schools better, for the most part they no longer do. Many if not most teachers would rather spend their dues on their classes, if they knew they wouldn't get axed on a whim of a disgruntled parent and a limp-spined administrator. That the unions now protect against quite well. If the state/districts found a way to address that issue, teachers unions would certainly have a problem.

Forum List

Back