Is Teaching a respected Profession in This country?

Teaching a respected Profession in the United States?

• yes

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • no

Votes: 26 68.4%

• Total voters
Seriously, why don't you look at what those teachers are making a year. 45-75 g's on average. Certainly not pocket change.

Face it, nobody is trying to take their pay away, their benefits away, their pensions away. It's time they start digging deeper into their pockets just like everybody in the private sector must do nowadays. They are no better than anybody else. They can most definitely afford it.

What a grandious lie that is.
So, show it's a lie. Show us where the governor wants to take away their pay, benefits, or pensions..........SHOW IT!

And, YOU are the last person who should be calling anybody a liar......LMAO!

They already took 2% of their pay and they are personally covering MORE of their own health costs....this latest is in addition.

And you are the last person to call me a liar....:lol::lol::lol:

(Yeah, not original....but Wicked certainly isn't worth it)

As with any other profession:
There are good teachers, bad teachers, great teachers and terrible teachers.
The difference however is that due to teacher unions you can't get rid of the bad and terrible ones!
And because of that - the profession has lost a a lot of credibility and respect.

The difference however is that due to teacher unions you can't get rid of the bad and terrible ones!And because of that - the profession has lost a a lot of credibility and respect.

Simply not true.

The difference however is that due to teacher unions you can't get rid of the bad and terrible ones!And because of that - the profession has lost a a lot of credibility and respect.

Simply not true.

Simply true.
The process to fire bad teachers is a truly Herculean task for administrators to take on.
In fact, last years nationwide teacher of the year appeared in a documentary showing just how ridiculously hard it is to fire teachers.
In his state it is no less than a 16 step process that also requires the entire board (all members must be present) to meet not once, not twice but three times to access if the teacher should still be fired.

What a grandious lie that is.
So, show it's a lie. Show us where the governor wants to take away their pay, benefits, or pensions..........SHOW IT!

They already took 2% of their pay and they are personally covering MORE of their own health costs....this latest is in addition.

The union agreed to the 2% cut. No reason for them to bitch about that. And when you are asked to pay more of your own health care coverage, it is an investment in yourself meaning, no pay lost. Same goes for pensions!

Get a fuckin' clue!

Simply not true.

Simply true.
The process to fire bad teachers is a truly Herculean task for administrators to take on.
In fact, last years nationwide teacher of the year appeared in a documentary showing just how ridiculously hard it is to fire teachers.
In his state it is no less than a 16 step process that also requires the entire board (all members must be present) to meet not once, not twice but three times to access if the teacher should still be fired.

I see you moving your goal posts....

Earlier you said you can't get rid of bad teachers...now you say it's hard....make up your mind...or move those goalposts again.

The union agreed to the 2% cut. No reason for them to bitch about that. And when you are asked to pay more of your own health care coverage, it is an investment in yourself meaning, no pay lost. Same goes for pensions!

Get a fuckin' clue!

So you admit that teachers are taking pay cuts....I accept your concession.

Simply not true.

Simply true.

I see you moving your goal posts....

Earlier you said you can't get rid of bad teachers...now you say it's hard....make up your mind...or move those goalposts again.

I am not moving anything. I think everyone understands exactly what I said originally and secondly, and it is the same.
You cannot get rid of bad teachers.
The process is so absurdly hard that administrators don't take a teacher on unless it is something illegal - like dating a student.

Get a fuckin' clue!

So you admit that teachers are taking pay cuts....I accept your concession.
Yes, they did take a NEGOTIATED pay cut. And the governor is not proposing a further pay cut......So, you trying to claim that they are trying to take their pay is dishonest.......No surprise there.

Now, are you going to admit that you made that dishonest claim?

He wants a union-free state. Stop with the spin.
Spin, my ass.......He's telling the teachers and their union that their demands are unstustainable. The state is broke, and sacrifices have to be made. It's not about busting the unions. It's about a common sense approach to dealling with a severe budjet crisis. One of many common sense approaches that are going to have to be made across this country.......The days of people playing the victim card are over.

Read the bill. Watch the news. In fact, check out O'Reilly - the "no spin zone". WI will soon become a "right to work state". If you support that, that's your perogative. But at least know what you're arguing.

Remember them complaining that the teachers aren't willing to give back anything...and when it is pointed out they've already taken a pay cut and cut in heathcare benefits...suddenly it's not the same as giving back....these are the kinds of people that either didn't take advantage of education when it was given them...or the kind of people who raise children you worry about. Maybe both.

Besides "moving the goal posts" they are denying the facts. It's quite bizarre.

Remember them complaining that the teachers aren't willing to give back anything...and when it is pointed out they've already taken a pay cut and cut in heathcare benefits...suddenly it's not the same as giving back....these are the kinds of people that either didn't take advantage of education when it was given them...or the kind of people who raise children you worry about. Maybe both.
You're such a snarky lil' dufus.

Here......Just to clarify for your simple lil' mind.

THE...GOVERNOR....IS....NOT....TRYING....TO....TAKE.....AWAY.....THEIR.....PAY.

THEY....NEGOTIATED.....A.....PAY.....CUT.

MEANING......THEY......AGREED......TO......THE.....PAY.....CUT

ALSO.....MEANING.....THEY......HAVE......NO......REASON......TO......BITCH....ABOUT.....IT.

THIS.....IS.....A.....SEPERATE......ISSUE.

IT.....IS.....NOT......ABOUT......TAKING......AWAY......THEIR.....BENEFITS....OR....PENSIONS...EITHER.

IT......IS......ABOUT......THE.......PUBLIC.....SECTOR.......HAVING......TO......BITE.....THE....PROVERBIAL (big word for your simple mind, sorry)......BULLET.

There!....Nice, slow and, to the point. I hope you can wrap your lil' mind around such a difficult thing to understand.

Now, are you going to admit that you were dishonest (no surprise there) when making the claim that the governor is trying to take their pay?

I have many teachers in my family, both of my Grandmothers were teachers and of my father's family 3 out of 4 were teachers and out of my generation, 6 out of 14 are teachers with another 3 being nurses...and 2 firefighters. And then 2 of us military. We have public service in our bloodline.

And it is amazing to watch how in the last 20 years how teaching has come to be so denigrated. Why do we wonder at how we compare with other countries and cultures that respect education and educators?

What is with you and wanting to be like the rest of the world? Are you that much of a sheep? I guarantee our teachers make a SHITLOAD more money than they make anywhere else...perhaps we should emulate THAT as well.

Teachers have taken a hit because they have unionized themselves out of respectability, honesty, and any sort of sympathy. They get fat on the public tit, and they do a piss poor job of educating. So as their ability and ethics have declined, so has the American view of teachers become more and more jaded and negative.

I have many teachers in my family, both of my Grandmothers were teachers and of my father's family 3 out of 4 were teachers and out of my generation, 6 out of 14 are teachers with another 3 being nurses...and 2 firefighters. And then 2 of us military. We have public service in our bloodline.

And it is amazing to watch how in the last 20 years how teaching has come to be so denigrated. Why do we wonder at how we compare with other countries and cultures that respect education and educators?

What is with you and wanting to be like the rest of the world? Are you that much of a sheep? I guarantee our teachers make a SHITLOAD more money than they make anywhere else...perhaps we should emulate THAT as well.

Teachers have taken a hit because they have unionized themselves out of respectability, honesty, and any sort of sympathy. They get fat on the public tit, and they do a piss poor job of educating. So as their ability and ethics have declined, so has the American view of teachers become more and more jaded and negative.

Yes, you think teachers are criminals. That is pretty much your stand on it. We get it.

Besides "moving the goal posts" they are denying the facts. It's quite bizarre.

Your head is stuffed with cabbage.
I moved no goal posts, you and your buddy repeating it doesn't change that.

Extraordinary golden-clad-diamaond encrusted benefit packages helped bankrupt the auto industry and is now bankrupting state governments.

Get over it. It needs to change.

Yes, you think teachers are criminals. That is pretty much your stand on it. We get it.
Yeah, when teachers accept doctors notes, fraudulently, they damn sure are criminals......Not that you would care about that. Seeing as though you're nothing more than the A-typical left wing idiot.

And it looks as though there are going to be a whole hell of a lot of teachers and a few doctors who are going to be brought up on criminal charges.......GOOD!......Throw the book at 'em, and make examples of 'em......Let it be known that it's not going to be tolerated......We are a nation of laws. Lets teach those students who were abandonded by those teachers just that!

Lord knows those teachers who are taking those students RIGHT to an education aren't teaching them a damn thing right now, are they?

And the fact that an A-typical left wing idiot such as yourself defends those criminals, and their abandonment of those students, clearly shows that like those teachers, you don't give a damn about those children either........It's all about screwing anybody you can to fulfill your left wing fantasies. And if it means screwing over the children and their parents, so be it.

People like you are disgusting......Lets just hope you're not a parent. Lord knows you'd be one of those that are part of the problem.

Yeah, when teachers accept doctors notes, fraudulently, they damn sure are criminals......Not that you would care about that. Seeing as though you're nothing more than the A-typical left wing idiot.

And it looks as though there are going to be a whole hell of a lot of teachers and a few doctors who are going to be brought up on criminal charges.......GOOD!......Throw the book at 'em, and make examples of 'em......Let it be known that it's not going to be tolerated......We are a nation of laws. Lets teach those students who were abandonded by those teachers just that!

Lord knows those teachers who are taking those students RIGHT to an education aren't teaching them a damn thing right now, are they?

And the fact that an A-typical left wing idiot such as yourself defends those criminals, and their abandonment of those students, clearly shows that like those teachers, you don't give a damn about those children either........It's all about screwing anybody you can to fulfill your left wing fantasies. And if it means screwing over the children and their parents, so be it.

People like you are disgusting......Lets just hope you're not a parent. Lord knows you'd be one of those that are part of the problem.

I blame your teachers for your lack of education....as for your obvious lack of class.....well....:eusa_whistle: They say it's all in how people are raised....or not raised.

Forum List

Back