Is Teaching a respected Profession in This country?

Teaching a respected Profession in the United States?

• yes

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • no

Votes: 26 68.4%

• Total voters
Why the hell should teachers be more RESPECTED than the kid who works in McDonalds.

Teaching is a noble profession, but they CHOSE to go into that feild. So that doesn't make them any better or more important the the rest of the people.

sheeesh.

There you have it...a sad product of a lazy teacher, I'm sure.

Kid at McDonalds = Teacher = ditchdigger = doctor = airline pilot = janitor = bus driver.

Lets pay them all the same.

Isn't that your LIBERALS WET DREAM?
make up your minds, will ya.
And you've already insulted my edumaction, don't ya have sumthing new?

Last edited:
No. But neither is doctor, lawyer, or professor. Heck even clergy aren't that respected anymore. I don't know when it happened, but at some point people stopped respecting jobs that required a degree or any level of learning, instead choosing to believe that five minutes of work on google can make them equal to a person who has dedicated their life to a chosen profession.

I'm sorry...you seem to be under the impression that that has not happened before. It does. I blame your teachers for not teaching you how to research an assertion before making it.

Not in Florida. We are a right to work state and Nurses cannot legally strike. Nurses care about their patients. Evidently teachers don't give a fuck about their kids otherwise they'd have their asses in the classroon teaching.

So, in Florida, nurses can be treated like crap (they often are) and they have no collective options to change their lot....sounds like a fun state to work in.

Of course teachers don't care about kids, Willow. :rolleyes: Teachers are in it for the money, don't you know?

Unlike nurses in Ca. who walk off the job and leave their patients to rot. Very caring assholes those liberals. and btw. nurse's in Fla aren't treated like crap.

Teaching is respected.

Unionizing in order to manipulate the political system for excessive benefits and pensions is not.

Teachers ARE Unions. Unions ARE Teachers.

If teachers WERE respected by kids, parents, America...do you think unions would be necessary?

You have to earn respect just like everyone else, it's not an entitlement.. how come you teachers think you can sit in a rubber room for years and receive your pay?? what makes you so damn entitled?? doyathink? how come math teacher bring Brokeback Mountain to school and force 11 year olds to watch it? You think respect is owed to you? doyareallynow???

Why the hell should teachers be more RESPECTED than the kid who works in McDonalds.

Teaching is a noble profession, but they CHOSE to go into that feild. So that doesn't make them any better or more important the the rest of the people.

sheeesh.

There you have it...a sad product of a lazy teacher, I'm sure.

Kid at McDonalds = Teacher = ditchdigger = doctor = airline pilot = janitor = bus driver.

Lets pay them all the same.

Isn't that your LIBERALS WET DREAM?
make up your minds, will ya.
And you've already insulted my edumaction, don't ya have sumthing new?

No, I do not blame you...I blame your teachers. Personal responsibility for one's own education is for suckers, right, Stephanie?

No. But neither is doctor, lawyer, or professor. Heck even clergy aren't that respected anymore. I don't know when it happened, but at some point people stopped respecting jobs that required a degree or any level of learning, instead choosing to believe that five minutes of work on google can make them equal to a person who has dedicated their life to a chosen profession.
It's cool to look down on people that serve the public. This can be traced directly back to Ronald Reagan.

Teaching is respected.

Unionizing in order to manipulate the political system for excessive benefits and pensions is not.

If teachers WERE respected by kids, parents, America...do you think unions would be necessary?

No need to answer my post. You've answered my question. What you have stated is incorrect. No more discussion is necessary.

Have a nice day.

Teaching is respected.

B'loney. It's the union thuggery that is reducing respect. Teachers Are Not Unions - they are forced to join unions as a condition of receiving a job. I know quite few here in CA who would happily see their union eliminated.

Teaching is respected.

You have to earn respect just like everyone else, it's not an entitlement.. how come you teachers think you can sit in a rubber room for years and receive your pay?? what makes you so damn entitled?? doyathink? how come math teacher bring Brokeback Mountain to school and force 11 year olds to watch it? You think respect is owed to you? doyareallynow???

What exactly are you babbling about? (Your teachers obviously were bad teachers)

"I know a few..." so therefore it must be so.

LoLing @ that notion.

:lol:

It's cool to look down on people that serve the public. This can be traced directly back to Ronald Reagan.

Thats the long and short of it.

What exactly are you babbling about? (Your teachers obviously were bad teachers)

You should pay attention. It's recent news. Kerry on.

I don't know every teacher in CA - but of the ones in my acquaintance, the majority do not want to be part of a union. That's my personal experience - and in CA which has very aggressive unions in an overly politically correct, it's quite telling that some would admit their disdain for their union.

But I guess it's "cool" these fine upstanding public SERVANTS closing down their schools because they are too busy out PROTESTING for their own self gratification.

you betcha it's cool to look down on them, and it should be done with scorn from the American people who PAY THEIR SALARIES.

But I guess it's "cool" these fine upstanding public SERVANTS closing down their schools because they are too busy out PROTESTING for their own self gratification.

you betcha it's cool to look down on them, and it should be done with scorn from the American people who PAY THEIR SALARIES.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I don't think anyone should automatically be given respect because of their profession. There can be bad teachers, bad soldiers, bad doctors, etc etc etc.

I do find myself giving a lot of respect to doctors because even if they're jerks they're forced to help people. Plus there's a lot easier ways of finding a 6 figure job (without the medical malpractice) than being a doctor in terms of the length and difficulty of education.

And it must be cool for the President and his party to deride a real grassroots movement as a bunch of RACISTS and to demonize job creators as criminals.

I have many teachers in my family, both of my Grandmothers were teachers and of my father's family 3 out of 4 were teachers and out of my generation, 6 out of 14 are teachers with another 3 being nurses...and 2 firefighters. And then 2 of us military. We have public service in our bloodline.

And it is amazing to watch how in the last 20 years how teaching has come to be so denigrated. Why do we wonder at how we compare with other countries and cultures that respect education and educators?

You are being hypocritical.

A few days ago you were making donut jokes about a disabled cop.

Then post a thread on how people aren't respectul enough towards teachers and other public service employees?

Start with yourself. Then demand others to respect public service.

If you didn't treat them like shit they'd have no reason to object.

Forum List

Back