Is The President of the United States Above The Law?

Is a President of the United States above the law?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
YES or NO

Explain and cite any authority if you believe a President of the United States is above the law.

yes, he actually is, any president has executive privilege. why is it you all don't know that? can't you look shit up on a web page and see it? really are you showing your true dumbness? rhetorical, I get it.

You're suggesting that any POTUS has executive privilege allowing him to obstruct justice. Is that your claim? Are you taking clues from Rudy?
You twits are so phoney and hypocritical. Most Americans see what's happening and the Democrats are going to get their butts kicked good next year.

And, according to the standard they set in 1998, Democrats do not believe perjury and obstruction rise to the level of an impeachable offense.
We've covered that. So let me just say.... no.
The debate records of the House and Senate very clearly, and without ambiguity, say otherwise.

I ask again:
Having determined in 1998 that perjury and obstruction are not impeachable offenses, for what rational reason would the Democrats now argue otherwise?

There are no debate records of the Senate. There was no debate.

I will answer you again. There doesn't have to be a rational reason. The House has sole power to impeach. Period. That's what the Constitution says.
Yes there must be treason or a crime committed for impeachment.

What constitutes a high crime or misdemeanor is entirely up to the House. I'm not sure how many times this has to be said. The House has sole power to impeach. If the House wants to impeach the President because of a bad hairdo, they can.
Nope that is not True if it was left up to congress any president would be subject to the whims of Congress and there would not be a supperation of powers. If somehow wins the whitehouse that stunt can and will be pulled on them

The debate records of the House and Senate very clearly, and without ambiguity, say otherwise.

I ask again:
Having determined in 1998 that perjury and obstruction are not impeachable offenses, for what rational reason would the Democrats now argue otherwise?

I will answer you again. There doesn't have to be a rational reason. The House has sole power to impeach. Period. That's what the Constitution says.

What constitutes a high crime or misdemeanor is entirely up to the House. I'm not sure how many times this has to be said. The House has sole power to impeach. If the House wants to impeach the President because of a bad hairdo, they can.

You must have the Constitution of some other country, mine says "High crimes and misdemeanors"

Your Constitution also says the House has sole power of impeachment. So please, other than the House, who has the authority to define high crimes and misdemeanors?
To impeach but not to impeach for anything But if dems want to go with they don't like his hair that will back fire
IT WILL BE NOTHING BUT REPUBLICANS IN THE HOUSE AND SENATE. WITH EXCEPTION FOR THE RETARDS IN HEAVY BLUE AREAS.

You must have the Constitution of some other country, mine says "High crimes and misdemeanors"

Your Constitution also says the House has sole power of impeachment. So please, other than the House, who has the authority to define high crimes and misdemeanors?

Yeah...who has the authority to define the "people"? Can cats and dogs be deemed "the People"?

That doesn't answer my question. Who, outside the House, can define high crimes and misdemeanors?

First of all it was a stupid question, one which Frank excels in.

Your question is significant, and the only answer can be inferred in Art II, sec. 4:

"The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors"

High Crimes are felonies, and I have no doubt that Obstruction of Justice [18 U.S. Code s/s 1512] is a Felony:

(b)Whoever knowingly uses intimidation, threatens, or corruptly persuades another person, or attempts to do so, or engages in misleading conduct toward another person, with intent to -

(1) influence, delay, or prevent the testimony of any person in an official proceeding;
(2) cause or induce any person to -
(A) withhold testimony, or withhold a record, document, or other object, from an official proceeding;
(C) evade legal process summoning that person to appear as a witness, or to produce a record, document, or other object, in an official proceeding
shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.

Seem as if this applies to Trump, Pence and Pompeo, along with Rudy and other legal representatives who advise Trump, Pence, Pompeo and Rudy to break the law.
Bill Clinton was charged with obstruction

Yeah...who has the authority to define the "people"? Can cats and dogs be deemed "the People"?

That doesn't answer my question. Who, outside the House, can define high crimes and misdemeanors?

First of all it was a stupid question, one which Frank excels in.

Your question is significant, and the only answer can be inferred in Art II, sec. 4:

"The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors"

High Crimes are felonies, and I have no doubt that Obstruction of Justice [18 U.S. Code s/s 1512] is a Felony:

(b)Whoever knowingly uses intimidation, threatens, or corruptly persuades another person, or attempts to do so, or engages in misleading conduct toward another person, with intent to -

(1) influence, delay, or prevent the testimony of any person in an official proceeding;
(2) cause or induce any person to -
(A) withhold testimony, or withhold a record, document, or other object, from an official proceeding;
(C) withhold testimony, or withhold a record, document, or other object, from an official proceeding;​

shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.

Seem as if this applies to Trump, Pence and Pompeo, along with Rudy and other legal representatives who advise Trump, Pence, Pompeo and Rudy to break the law.

Where did Trump "obstruct" anything?

Today, or last night, when he told the EU Ambassador to not appear before the Congressional Committee.

See my post #143 which you not so cleverly tried to cover with a foolish comment.
No vote has been taken for an impeachment inquiry he can ignore it until the cows come home

In order to obstruct you have to had done something against justice and be charged and Then interfer. Mollification of Democrats bad feelings is not an obstruction issue.

Democrats are so pitiful. How sad that a once great American political party has become a cesspool of treacherous corrupt hypocritical moonbat lawyers.

YES or NO

Explain and cite any authority if you believe a President of the United States is above the law.

yes, he actually is, any president has executive privilege. why is it you all don't know that? can't you look shit up on a web page and see it? really are you showing your true dumbness? rhetorical, I get it.

You're suggesting that any POTUS has executive privilege allowing him to obstruct justice. Is that your claim? Are you taking clues from Rudy?
You twits are so phoney and hypocritical. Most Americans see what's happening and the Democrats are going to get their butts kicked good next year.

Thanks so much Nostradamus, would you please PM with who wins the Super Bowl Next Year?

Democrats are so pitiful. How sad that a once great American political party has become a cesspool of treacherous corrupt hypocritical moonbat lawyers.

Aw, how sad. That leaves the voter only one choice; voting for the party of Trump is to throw away 227 years of government of the people, by the people, for the people.

I'll stick with the party of the people and you can continue to support the Plutocrats & Corporatism.

willard seems to think he does:

In order to obstruct you have to had done something against justice and be charged and Then interfer. Mollification of Democrats bad feelings is not an obstruction issue.

Insane, i.e. totally out of touch with reality.

*Shrugs*

You and the left think illegal Rapist killer Mexicans are.

Witness tried to warn MTN manager moments before M13 murder

COMMUNITY NEWS / 11 SEPTEMBER 2019, 10:33AM / CHANELLE LUTCHMAN
620x349

Mohamed Yusuf Janoo Joosab was stabbed to death on a bridge on the M13. Supplied
Durban - Moments before Mohamed Yusuf Janoo Joosab was stabbed to death on a bridge on the M13 near the Westwood Mall, a passer-by tried to warn the MTN employee about the impending danger.
In the Durban High Court on Monday, Khoase Leonard Mphuthi testified that he was robbed by the same two men a month earlier, and when he saw Joosab walk towards them, he tried to alert him.

YES or NO

Thanks so much Nostradamus, would you please PM with who wins the Super Bowl Next Year?
Patriots, duh!

Aw, how sad. That leaves the voter only one choice; voting for the party of Trump is to throw away 227 years of government of the people, by the people, for the people.

I'll stick with the party of the people and you can continue to support the Plutocrats & Corporatism.
Oh yeah, the party of the people. I don't think it's the people pushing higher taxes and making Social Security and Medicare weak.

No. Neither is the House of Representatives superior to the Executive Branch.
well actually, a president has executive privilege, the only person in the country, and therefore he is indeed above the law. Let's just call a spade a spade.Actually, the speaker of the house is the next one that has that honor after the president. But the FBI or CIA don't, nor does any intelligence agency.

the prez cannot invoke executive privilege to cover up a crime.

It is insane to pretend that voting for Trump is somehow "throwing away" government by the people.

The plutocrats, they supported HIllary in the last election. You know that. WHy are you lying?

YES or NO

Patriots, duh!

Odds today, you could be correct:

NE: 9-5
KC: 6-1
NO: 8-1
SF: 14-1

*Shrugs*

You and the left think illegal Rapist killer Mexicans are.

Witness tried to warn MTN manager moments before M13 murder

COMMUNITY NEWS / 11 SEPTEMBER 2019, 10:33AM / CHANELLE LUTCHMAN
620x349

Mohamed Yusuf Janoo Joosab was stabbed to death on a bridge on the M13. Supplied
Durban - Moments before Mohamed Yusuf Janoo Joosab was stabbed to death on a bridge on the M13 near the Westwood Mall, a passer-by tried to warn the MTN employee about the impending danger.
In the Durban High Court on Monday, Khoase Leonard Mphuthi testified that he was robbed by the same two men a month earlier, and when he saw Joosab walk towards them, he tried to alert him.

lol... you think YOU are.

Forum List

Back