Is the word LIE overused in politics now?

Example.

Trump said of Harris, "...She really is a Marxist."

People call that a lie. Some will say it is false.

But it's neither. It just Trump's opinion.
Then in fourth grade english he should have said...

'In my opinion, she is really a marxist...' or 'I think she is really a Marxist...'

What he was saying was a statement of fact....

He is the difference
Statement of fact:
Donald Trump is a convicted criminal.

Statement of Opinion:
I think Donald Trump is worst President in US modern history.

Example.

Trump said of Harris, "...She really is a Marxist."

People call that a lie. Some will say it is false.

But it's neither. It just Trump's opinion.

What the fuck are you smoking? It's a falsehood and a lie.

Trump knows damn well that Harris never advocated against private bussiness ownership. He is plenty ignorant but not THAT ignorant.

I see it in so many places. Someone disagrees with you, and they call it a lie.

I wonder if people are even aware of the definition and just don't care.

A statement someone makes might not be a lie. It could just be an opinion, an interpretation, or a mistake.
If you make a statement that something happened… that’s not opinion

It’s either true or not

So no coup, no lawsuit - despite buckets of empty bluster from the GOP ending in pathetic failure, and Harris receiving the most delegates of any candidate after Biden dropped out.

So much for your latest round of bullshit MAGA lies about your imaginary 'coup'. You demonstrate my point elegantly by just apeing whatever Trump tells you to think.
There was a coup. You were disenfranchised by your "betters" LOL, STFU
lalalala generic.gif

So no coup, no lawsuit - despite buckets of empty bluster from the GOP ending in pathetic failure, and Harris receiving the most delegates of any candidate after Biden dropped out.

So much for your latest round of bullshit MAGA lies about your imaginary 'coup'. You demonstrate my point elegantly by just apeing whatever Trump tells you to think.
There was a coup. You were disenfranchised by your "betters" LOL, STFUView attachment 1023435

There was a coup. You were disenfranchised by your "betters" LOL, STFUView attachment 1023435

Nope. Trump said there was a coup, backed with jackshit. So you ape what you were told to think. Its what MAGA is good for.

The nomination goes to whomever gets the most delegates. Harris got the most delegates.

Laughing.....you don't even know what a coup is. Its just what you were told to think. Even the GOP that blustered about all the lawsuits they were going to file slunk away with their tail between their legs........as Trump's lies were just more meaningless, pseudo-legal gibberish.

Then in fourth grade english he should have said...

'In my opinion, she is really a marxist...' or 'I think she is really a Marxist...'

What he was saying was a statement of fact....

He is the difference
Statement of fact:
Donald Trump is a convicted criminal.

Statement of Opinion:
I think Donald Trump is worst President in US modern history.
You are the dumbest poster on this board. That is a fact.

I made the statement in post #31. It was a statement--not a question. Quit deflecting. I've stated facts re: the lies this admin has made and you have done nothing but deflect. Deny that Walz told the lies I referenced. Deny that Harris HAS NEVER WON A PRIMARY OR ANY OTHER ELECTION FOR THE OFFICE OF POTUS. LMAO, you can't do it. LOL, democrat hypocrites projecting.
Walz was at that rank when he retired and he never claimed to have been on combat

That’s fact. Saying otherwise would be lies

Or you could be like some left-leaning fact checks who create lies. I agree with the OP. It demonstrates how soft and dumb much of the public has become.
Fact checkers show their information sources unlike what you did in that link...

That is the difference, the MAGA lots scream lies and cry that fact checkers are unfair but they don't see that they are basically messengers of the truth.

Time and time again we have asked MAGA on this forum to show sources and evidence and we are met many times with just insults..
As a matter of fact, you are not a 'commie' if you ask for proof.

Personally, I think some people spend too much time on sites that just reinforce the narratives in their heads and find in capable of facing the possibility that they have been sold a false narrative.

Just as an example from your link:
  • 1A. Kamala spoke for two minutes narrating what she was going to do, but failed to answer a direct question.
That is not a lie, that is something politicians do... Trump was the one that let her away with it... She would just bait him and he couldn't keep his mouth shut because he lack discipline... That lack of discipline is one of the reasons he should not be President and he showed it.

That’s a perfect example of not knowing fact from opinion

MAGA has been carefully cultivated to believe that their feelings are evidence. That even if there aren't facts to support their claims, if they feel true, that makes the claims true.

These poor mushrooms.

You have to realize that rational people can accept different opinions.

The leftist drones only have one reality... They believe whatever their leadership tells them to believe, and say anything that doesn't agree with that to be a lie.

Their party and it's leadership are their gods.

Then they parrot the talking points they are given like they are incapable of independent thoughts.

It's actually sad that they are not open to rational discussions.
That’s exactly what Trumpers do. Trump says something and you morons ape it

Uh-huh. And why would I ignore Joe Biden on his motivation for leaving the race being his desire to focus on the remaining months of his presidency.....and instead believe some random Boston Podcaster named Charles Moscowitz who insists he knows better?

Give me a source better than Joe Biden on why Joe Biden left the race?

Did you vote for Harris? That's a coup, moron. It wasn't violent, but a coup just the same. They overruled the will of the voting public by forcing Biden out after his disastrous debate performance. I was giving you credit for being naive, but I take it back, you're just stooooooopid.
You're disingenuous. As if I believe one fucking thing you say. :auiqs.jpg: What do you possibly care that Brandon dropped out? How does this affect you? Why do you continuously call it a coup. Because you and your goofy magaturds think it's cool? :rolleyes:

Where do they eat cats and dogs, Skyliar?
Who are 'they'?

Trump lied his ass off and said that Haitian immigrants in Springfield Ohio were eating cats and dogs.

And MAGA mindlessly aped that bullshit, just like you mindlessly aped your pseudo-legal gibberish about 'coups'.

All MAGA is good for....is repeating whatever bullshit Trump makes up.

Not in Springfield

Good example of a MAGA lie

And yet these dips mindlessly ape the lie that Haitian immigrants in Springfield Ohio are eating cats and dogs.

Even when bomb threats are being called in. Even when schools are being evacuated. Even when death threats pour in.

The lie is the core of MAGA. And they'll cling to it no matter who it hurts.

Uh-huh. And why would I ignore Joe Biden on his motivation for leaving the race being his desire to focus on the remaining months of his presidency.....and instead believe some random Boston Podcaster named Charles Moscowitz who insists he knows better?

Give me a source better than Joe Biden on why Joe Biden left the race?
Joe Biden hasn't told the truth for decades. These days he doesn't even know what he is saying most of the time. The only thing he said that I believe is "cornpop was a bad dude"

Forum List

Back