Is there anyone on thai board who was helped by Affirmative Action?

Why did we need Affirmative Action

We didn't. The big lie of the left on this is that government was protecting blacks from evil businesses. Actually the issue was government. Think about that Jim Crow laws were ... laws ... which means they were created by ... government. Southern bus companies didn't want their primary revenue stream forced to the back of the bus, government did. It was government that segregated schools and separated bathrooms and drinking fountains.

Government created the problem, then government came up with a "solution," and as they always do government then brandishes their solution as a weapon to grow their power. In free markets, blacks will have no problem getting jobs and gays will have no problem getting wedding cakes. The companies that don't hire the best employees will lose in the marketplace. I realize you were a hack employee who mailed it in and you're interchangeable with any employee that needs to be micromanaged, but there are lots of good ones and blacks like any other group who chose to work hard will be rewarded. It's government that is the belligerent party in all this.

What complete bullshit
You should be embarrassed to have posted it

Jim Crow was a cultural institution. It was instituted and enforced primarily by the public.[/red] It applied not just to business, but life as a whole. The key aspect was that blacks knew their place. Not just in the back of the bus, but in day to day life

Yes, because of course the public can create laws on their own and arrest people without government.... :lmao:

My God you have completely sold out to love of government. You really are dumber than TM. I didn't think it was possible anyone could be.

We didn't. The big lie of the left on this is that government was protecting blacks from evil businesses. Actually the issue was government. Think about that Jim Crow laws were ... laws ... which means they were created by ... government. Southern bus companies didn't want their primary revenue stream forced to the back of the bus, government did. It was government that segregated schools and separated bathrooms and drinking fountains.

Government created the problem, then government came up with a "solution," and as they always do government then brandishes their solution as a weapon to grow their power. In free markets, blacks will have no problem getting jobs and gays will have no problem getting wedding cakes. The companies that don't hire the best employees will lose in the marketplace. I realize you were a hack employee who mailed it in and you're interchangeable with any employee that needs to be micromanaged, but there are lots of good ones and blacks like any other group who chose to work hard will be rewarded. It's government that is the belligerent party in all this.

Government created racism and sexism? I did not know that. Ya learn sum'pm every day. I gotta let go of this linear time thing that tells me slavery and racism were long established before we even had a government. Apparently history happens in random order and can be swapped around at will. My head swims.

Strawman. That isn't what I said. You're an angry little dwarf, aren't you?

At least I know what my own gender is. You're a silly little transvestite aren't you?

Actually it's exactly what you said. I even put it in what we call "bold" font (that means it's darker) so it would stand out. "Government created the problem". It's prolly not too late to go back and edit it out or delete the whole post and make me look like I made it all up. Free tip.

Last edited:
Government created racism and sexism? I did not know that. Ya learn sum'pm every day. I gotta let go of this linear time thing that tells me slavery and racism were long established before we even had a government. Apparently history happens in random order and can be swapped around at will. My head swims.

At least I know what my own gender is. You're a silly little transvestite aren't you?

I love liberty and hot women, so I combined them. When you get to puberty, you'll get it.

Actually it's exactly what you said. I even put it in what we call "bold" font (that means it's darker) so it would stand out. "Government created the problem". It's prolly not too late to go back and edit it out or delete the whole post and make me look like I made it all up. Free tip.

I said government created the Jim Crow laws. You said I said government created racism and sexism. The racism part isn't the same, and you made up the sexism part completely.

What complete bullshit

Jim Crow was a cultural institution. It was instituted and enforced primarily by the public.[/red] It applied not just to business, but life as a whole. The key aspect was that blacks knew their place. Not just in the back of the bus, but in day to day life

Yes, because of course the public can create laws on their own and arrest people without government.... :lmao:

My God you have completely sold out to love of government. You really are dumber than TM. I didn't think it was possible anyone could be.

It s sad that you can actually carry the views you do

The public elected officials and you can be damned sure they elected officials who supported segregation. Jim Crow was a cultural institution tha was enforced at all levels of society. From the government down to people's day to day interactions

I love liberty and hot women, so I combined them. When you get to puberty, you'll get it.

I said government created the Jim Crow laws. You said I said government created racism and sexism. The racism part isn't the same, and you made up the sexism part completely.

So you have no idea that AA applies to sexism too - even though you parade around in a dress while objecting to the pronoun "she". And you think "Jim Crow laws" were the problem, and just showed up all by themselves out of nothing for no reason whatsoever.

That's so cute. :badgrin:

Last edited:
What complete bullshit

The public elected officials and you can be damned sure they elected officials who supported segregation. Jim Crow was a cultural institution tha was enforced at all levels of society. From the government down to people's day to day interactions

It's sad that you didn't work harder in school, or on your job, or in life. But that's another discussion.

The Jim Crow laws were laws ... enacted by government. Without government, they could not have been enforced. Buy a book and read it one day, it's never too late to start educating yourself.

So you have no idea that AA applies to sexism too - even though you parade around in a dress while objecting to the pronoun "she". And you think "Jim Crow laws" were the problem, and just showed up all by themselves out of nothing for no reason whatsoever.

That's so cute. :badgrin:

You're mixing posts. The post you responded to was about Jim Crow laws. They weren't about sex. Expecting my post to cover every point simultaneously is so ... you. As for your playground banter, I seriously hope you are a kid. For your sake.

Last edited:

It's sad that you didn't work harder in school, or on your job, or in life. But that's another discussion.

The Jim Crow laws were laws ... enacted by government. Without government, they could not have been enforced. Buy a book and read it one day, it's never too late to start educating yourself.

Sorry pal

I'm done arguing with someone who has their head in the sand

DUH! what if you're a minority veteran as opposed to a White veteran? who gets more points? in fact i believe you get more points for being a non-veteran minority than being a non-disabled veteran period. i could be wrong

"Points"? :lol:

What are we dealing with -- a game show?
I see you are unfamiliar with public sector exams.
For example. On the USPS exam there is a 10 point bump for veterans.
So if a veteran gets every question correct, the score is 110.

depends on the persons preference Spoon....some get only 5.....and you have to score at least 70% to even qualify....

How it Works
If you meet the criteria for preference and achieve a score of 70 or higher either by a written examination or an evaluation of your experience and education, you will have 5 or 10 points added to your numerical ratings depending on the nature of their preference.
For scientific and professional positions in grade GS-9 or higher, names of all eligibles are listed in order of ratings, augmented by veteran preference, if any. For all other positions, the names of 10-point preference eligibles who have a compensable, service-connected disability of 10 percent or more are placed ahead of the names of all other eligibles on a given register. The names of other 10-point preference eligibles, 5-point preference eligibles, and non-veterans are listed in order of their numerical ratings.
Entitlement to veterans' preference does not guarantee a job. There are many ways an agency can fill a vacancy other than by appointment from a list of eligibles.

Sorry pal

I'm done arguing with someone who has their head in the sand

You let the government off the hook, the government that enacted and enforced the Jim Crow laws, and "I" have my head in the sand?

You didn't know that the Nazi's laws were government either, did you big guy?

That's right, because the government invented racism.

Not only that but they made it happen retroactively, so that it started two hundred years before the government itself did. Now that's power. :thup:

Affirmative Action is discrimination - anyone helped by it cannot remove that tarnish!

Anyone who has a wife or daughter can thank affirmative action

Read a highschool yearbook from the 50s or 60s and see what girls listed as their future plans. The smart ones wanted to be a nurse or teacher. Others would list beautician or cashier. If you went into business you listed secretary. Most just put housewife

That was what used to be the opportunities for women before Affirmative Action

You can stick with that interpretation if you like.
Women were not necessarily excluded from the workplace.
Women and men had certain roles they fulfilled.
Men were expected to find a woman, marry her, buy her a home, raise children, go to work and provide for his wife and family. Women were expected to raise the children, keep the house and serve their husbands.
it had little to do with discrimination. This was our culture. A culture that has evolved.
Nice try at attempting to include women as minority group.
That dog will not hunt.

There's only one person that's ever been helped by affirmative action. And that person was, is, and ever shall be Satan. His tendrils are creeping ever further into every orifice of what's left of American culture

Wut wut?

The devil's greatest trick was convincing the world he didn't exist. But guess what, affirmative action does exist.

Far from silly

Everyone looks at affirmative action as a law to help the "colored"

In fact, the group that was helped the most by Affirmative Action was women. Affirmative Action opened up thousands of career fields to women that were formerly "mans work". Even the military

If your wife or daughter aspires to be anything better than a secretary, they can thank affirmative action

Sureeee

Hard work has nothing to do with their success.

Good to see your plans as democrats is to further divide the nation with bullshit like this.
I can see it now...republicans hate women because affirmative action is for them too.

Women before Affirmative Action worked hard. But they were told that they should be happy with that Secretarys job because they didn't have what it takes to be managers. Women were best suited for nursing jobs but those slots in Med School were reserved for men.

Another sexist asshole who thinks women who raised a family, cared for a home, etc were somehow useless.
I can see it now. You walking up to my Mom and spewing your rhetoric. She'd first tell you off then if you opened your mouth, beat the living shit out of you.

I got favorable treatment for a job because of my veteran status.

I went to school under the GI Bill.

I got a special deal on a mortgage because of my veteran status.

I get a property tax exemption because of my veteran status.

Does any of that count as help?

Thank you for your service to the country.
The direct answer to your question is No.. Not in the context of AA.

Anyone on this board have a daughter?

Is she involved in sports? If she is, you can thank Title 9 which opened up equal access for womens sports

Before Title 9, Girls sports were Field Hockey, Basketball and Softball.....mostly Cheerleading

Any young girl today has a dozen or more sports available to her plus equipment and facilities

Title IX is a fail! Instead of providing women with athletic opportunities in and of itself, the remedy was to reduce athletic opportunities for men.
It is this and most other liberal policies that had the best of intentions. To lift those perceived to be disadvantaged.
The unintended consequences are when these polices such as title IX are implemented at the expense of others.
Title IX has created more problems than it has solved.
Some of the actions implemented since Title IX became law are illogical.

That is because Conservatives like to use Affirmative Action as a hammer against blacks. You only got where you are because of Affirmative Action

They don't like to admit that their own wives and daughters benefitted from the program

Tell me again which pew do I kneel behind as I pray to the looney left?

I don't really care.......as long as you put money in the collection plate

And that is the basis of liberalism. Feeding the lib collection plate.
Other people's money. Without it, liberalism would resemble an old pile of dog shit. It would dry up and blow away in the wind.

Not even the Federal government has to hire "unqualified" people. BTW White skin and male gender does not necessarily mean you are more "qualified" than a woman or minority..

Further, before the civil rights era, hiring was not based on merit... First come first hired, as long as you were a white male, was the normal way of life back when!

so discrimination is ok as long as the government tells you to.

I did not say that! BTW, essentially, white males control the government even with a black president... Are you suggesting that white males discriminate against one another?

As a matter of fact, YES!!!!

Forum List

Back