Is there anyone on thai board who was helped by Affirmative Action?

Here is my thing about Obama.

I listened to his speech on the new program being set up to help kids of color and disenfranchise those who are not of color. I agreed with a whole lot of what he had to say. But with Obama nothing ever matches what he says.

He said that when young he got high and didn't do well in school. How does that jive with then getting into Columbia and Harvard. Even at Occidental he does not brag about good grades. So what gives with him? Is he full of BS about getting high and not doing well? I have to think so. I think he is trying to buy himself a story that relates him more to the black experience. In other words he grew up white with responsible white grandparents but wants to be perceived as growing up in the black experience and overcoming the same. I think he must have done well at Occident or Columbia would not have taken him in the first place. Either that or he had connections. I am thinking the latter, thus making him the perfect Manchurian candidate.

Anyone on this board have a daughter?

Is she involved in sports? If she is, you can thank Title 9 which opened up equal access for womens sports

Before Title 9, Girls sports were Field Hockey, Basketball and Softball.....mostly Cheerleading

Any young girl today has a dozen or more sports available to her plus equipment and facilities

You mean Title IX, which REDUCED access to sports for boys?! (Offhand: my sister's school cut what had been a superb baseball program due to Title IX.) My wife never had an issue...she played varsity baseball in high school, and was one of the better players (first base or pitcher) on the team.

Oh yes.....Title "Eye-Ex"

More boys participate in sports than ever before. What happened was school were forced to look at the sports opportunities they had open for girls. As important, girls were given access to better fields, better equipment and better coaching
If you ever watch the Olympics, the improvement of American women can be attributed to Title IX

Wow, government. It's just wonderful, isn't it RW?

Anyone? Anyone?

Post your stories here

I lost a consulting project because of affirmative action. He was a real nice man, but not nearly as qualified as I was.

Or, your competitor gave a better presentation and was a better salesman. Just like whites are tired of blacks crying wolf...im tired of whites crying AA everytime they fail. LOL, white man faila, blame the black man instead of taking responsibility. Pull up your boot straps and try harder. Quit pointing your finger and blaming society for your failure to get a contract. Look at yourself and where YOU failed in not getting this contract. Its not the black man's fault, its not Obama's fault, its not Bush's fault, its not the GOP or the Donkey party's fault...it is your fault

Someone please point me in the direction where I can benefit from AA...i haven't seen or experienced, but I'll take advantage of it just to balance everytime I have been passed over for a promotion or job because of my skin color. PLease, show me where I can take the job you have and more than likely got because of white privilege.

Last edited:
Anyone? Anyone?

Post your stories here

I lost a consulting project because of affirmative action. He was a real nice man, but not nearly as qualified as I was.

Or, your competitor gave a better presentation and was a better salesman. Just like whites are tired of blacks crying wolf...im tired of whites crying AA everytime they fail. LOL, white man faila, blame the black man instead of taking responsibility. Pull up your boot straps and try harder. Quit pointing your finger and blaming society for your failure to get a contract. Look at yourself and where YOU failed in not getting this contract. Its not the black man's fault, its not Obama's fault, its not Bush's fault, its not the GOP or the Donkey party's fault...it is your fault

Someone please point me in the direction where I can benefit from AA...i haven't seen or experienced, but I'll take advantage of it just to balance everytime I have been passed over for a promotion or job because of my skin color. PLease, show me where I can take the job you have and more than likely got because of white privilege.

Obviously there's a lot more to the story that I'm not going into here. I do like when someone on a message board disagrees with your view, then it's a fail unless I provide proof, which is pretty much impossible in this forum.

Something makes me think you would have no such reaction to a story on someone who said they were benefited by affirmative action... :eusa_whistle:

Growing up in racist Hawaii, with all the money in the world? Must have been terrible.

You guys are funny......I know you are serious and all that but I really enjoy how you claim Obama grew up in such wealth while you run candidates like Romney, McCain and Bush

I have no problem with Obama growing up wealthy, or Romney, McCain or Bush for that matter. My response was towards you describing how rough Obama had it being a black man growing up.
I had a better childhood than he did

Obviously there's a lot more to the story that I'm not going into here. I do like when someone on a message board disagrees with your view, then it's a fail unless I provide proof, which is pretty much impossible in this forum.

Something makes me think you would have no such reaction to a story on someone who said they were benefited by affirmative action... :eusa_whistle:
Im against AA...your not getting my point...what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Additionally, I simply don't believe you. You don't need to provide more proof, you would have if you TRULY believed what you were saying. Im just saying, Im tired of whites claiming failure because of AA. A black man claims discrimination, the gloves come off, a white man claims AA...everyone all of a sudden empathizes and sympathizes with the poor beaten up soul who was discriminated against in a conspiracy to take away from the poor Jim crow whites and give all of their riches to the privileged blacks.

I think it is hilarious when a white person claims he or she is so bad off because of AA. I think it is hilarious when whites have had generations of true freedom and opportunity and blame their existence on food stamps and trailer park living on AA and teh evil black man that the government has done so much for.

Its an absence of reality, a justification of failure born solely on blaming someone else for failure. Thats why I am against AA, it takes away the excuses.

Last edited:
"we need a Dego [sic]"?? :eek:

And still we have a (apparently very young) poster who wants 'proof' about how things used to be... ?

"Hard to believe, Harry"...

you took me seriously?......come on Pogo even Franco knew .....:lol:

You weren't serious? :dunno:

How would I know? It's not that far from the reality... although I can't think of a scenario where a "Dego" would have to be hired, stranger things have happened.

Maybe it was your confusion over your own gender?

Oh, I'm not confused over that one at all. Come back to my avatar when you hit puberty and you'll suddenly get it.

I've seen your avatar before, and you object to "she" but won't say "he" ... now that's what I call confuserated.

You may want to hook up with NovaSteve. At the very least he'll create a thread about you. Especially if that confuseration gets you hired somewhere. :thup:

Im against AA...your not getting my point...what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Additionally, I simply don't believe you. You don't need to provide more proof, you would have if you TRULY believed what you were saying. Im just saying, Im tired of whites claiming failure because of AA. A black man claims discrimination, the gloves come off, a white man claims AA...everyone all of a sudden empathizes and sympathizes with the poor beaten up soul who was discriminated against in a conspiracy to take away from the poor Jim crow whites and give all of their riches to the privileged blacks.

I think it is hilarious when a white person claims he or she is so bad off because of AA. I think it is hilarious when whites have had generations of true freedom and opportunity and blame their existence on food stamps and trailer park living on AA and teh evil black man that the government has done so much for.

Its an absence of reality, a justification of failure born solely on blaming someone else for failure. Thats why I am against AA, it takes away the excuses.

Thanks for the clarification. Now I grasp it and we're in the, "I don't give a rats ass" what you think category. I reject your premise I can't state my view on a message board without "proof." And I laugh at you for thinking that I'm blaming anyone for my career, which has been great. I spent it in management and management consulting and now I own and run my own business. But there's no doubt I got screwed on that one project. It didn't really affect me personally, I had plenty others to chose from. But that doesn't make it right.

Anyone? Anyone?

Post your stories here

I love the way that some people call other people liars because they don't like their personal story on a thread that is supposed to be about personal stories.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Thanks for the clarification. Now I grasp it and we're in the, "I don't give a rats ass" what you think category. I reject your premise I can't state my view on a message board without "proof." And I laugh at you for thinking that I'm blaming anyone for my career, which has been great. I spent it in management and management consulting and now I own and run my own business. But there's no doubt I got screwed on that one project. It didn't really affect me personally, I had plenty others to chose from. But that doesn't make it right.
Apparently you do care enough to post your failure on this board and blame it on AA. I don't give a rat's ass? Sure I do, I just don't understand why everyone is just supposed to take your word for your claims and deem AA bad.

In addition, why does a black claiming discrimination afford so much scrutiny and vitriol as compared to a white person claiming discrimination - who is automatically justified, even if devoid of any facts.

21st century, AA is wrong. late 20th century, AA bad. Mid 20th century, AA necessary because of institutionalized racism and discrimination. Still overall bad because no black person can be deemed as succeessful because whites like you point their fingers and say that the black person only made it because of AA.

Perhaps your success is only because of white privilege and is a result of Jim Crow laws and institutionalized discrimination.

I love the way that some people call other people liars because they don't like their personal story on a thread that is supposed to be about personal stories.

LOL....your the one who had multiple examples of how the bad black man has an advantage over you, right? Same message to you, pull up your bootstraps, try harder and quit blaming everyone else for your failure.

What years did you serve in the military? (and thanks for your service)

You guys are funny......I know you are serious and all that but I really enjoy how you claim Obama grew up in such wealth while you run candidates like Romney, McCain and Bush

I have no problem with Obama growing up wealthy, or Romney, McCain or Bush for that matter. My response was towards you describing how rough Obama had it being a black man growing up.

Well good for you, RW. I on the other hand wasn't so fortunate.

And AA let him achieve more. :eusa_whistle: :evil:

Growing up in Hawaii, I don't know that is a little hard to beat. Maybe having two responsible parents would have been better. But it appears his grandparents did well by him. So much for racism.

LOL....your the one who had multiple examples of how the bad black man has an advantage over you, right? Same message to you, pull up your bootstraps, try harder and quit blaming everyone else for your failure.

What years did you serve in the military? (and thanks for your service)

When blacks say they were "benefitted" by affirmative action, then you're good with that and don't see that whomever they benefitted over was harmed. But if we just state we were discriminated against by affirmative action, then we're liars who have to prove what we said. Oh, and you're against affirmative action.

1) When you figure out what your position is, let us know.

2) You don't grasp the concept of a message board.

You are one angry little fellow though.

And AA let him achieve more. :eusa_whistle: :evil:

Growing up in Hawaii, I don't know that is a little hard to beat. Maybe having two responsible parents would have been better. But it appears his grandparents did well by him. So much for racism.

If Affirmative Action is that effective, then yes it was well worth it

In addition, why does a black claiming discrimination afford so much scrutiny and vitriol

Vitriol? Let's go to the video tape...

What an idiot...

:lmao:

Talking in general. Nonetheless, you just proved your skills by hurling your insults instead of discussing the topic.

Forum List

Back