Is there anyone on thai board who was helped by Affirmative Action?

In addition, why does a black claiming discrimination afford so much scrutiny and vitriol

Vitriol? Let's go to the video tape...

I lost a consulting project because of affirmative action. He was a real nice man, but not nearly as qualified as I was.

What an idiot...

:lmao:

Talking in general. Nonetheless, you just proved your skills by hurling your insults instead of discussing the topic.

:laugh2:

What a douche bag. You started the insults, Homey:

Nutz said:
LOL, white man faila, blame the black man instead of taking responsibility. Pull up your boot straps and try harder. Quit pointing your finger and blaming society for your failure to get a contract. Look at yourself and where YOU failed in not getting this contract. Its not the black man's fault, its not Obama's fault, its not Bush's fault, its not the GOP or the Donkey party's fault...it is your fault

Second, I said it didn't really affect me, I had other projects. And you're a flaming hypocrite, take your own advice.

Nutz said:
I'll take advantage of it just to balance everytime I have been passed over for a promotion or job because of my skin color

I have some advice for you, you're blaming the white man instead of taking responsibility. Pull up your boot straps and try harder. Quit pointing your finger and blaming society for your failure.

LOL, dumb ass.

I love the way that some people call other people liars because they don't like their personal story on a thread that is supposed to be about personal stories.

LOL....your the one who had multiple examples of how the bad black man has an advantage over you, right? Same message to you, pull up your bootstraps, try harder and quit blaming everyone else for your failure.

What years did you serve in the military? (and thanks for your service)

When blacks say they were "benefitted" by affirmative action, then you're good with that and don't see that whomever they benefitted over was harmed. But if we just state we were discriminated against by affirmative action, then we're liars who have to prove what we said. Oh, and you're against affirmative action.

1) When you figure out what your position is, let us know.

2) You don't grasp the concept of a message board.

You are one angry little fellow though.

I know where I stand...I stand against hypocrisy. I don't blame anyone for my failures...if someone chooses a white person over me, oh well...why would I want to work for someone if I weren't the first choice? Why would I want to have that stigma and provide fodder for the racists? As I stated and you fail to comprehend, ( i guess because of your need to hurl insults instead of understand) AA was a necessity at one point. Yes, it may have harmed another...that is miniscule compared to the lack of opportunity given to blacks throughout history. Are you a Jim Crow denier?

"we need a Dego [sic]"?? :eek:

And still we have a (apparently very young) poster who wants 'proof' about how things used to be... ?

"Hard to believe, Harry"...

you took me seriously?......come on Pogo even Franco knew .....:lol:

You weren't serious? :dunno:

How would I know? It's not that far from the reality... although I can't think of a scenario where a "Dego" would have to be hired, stranger things have happened.
there are enough minorities in the PO where AA doesnt come into play as far as the hiring goes.....

I know where I stand...I stand against hypocrisy. I don't blame anyone for my failures...if someone chooses a white person over me, oh well...why would I want to work for someone if I weren't the first choice? Why would I want to have that stigma and provide fodder for the racists?

Can't decide where you stand again? Which is it, what you said now, or what you said before?

Nutz said:
I'll take advantage of it just to balance everytime I have been passed over for a promotion or job because of my skin color

Then there's this.

Nutz said:
i guess because of your need to hurl insults instead of understand
And yet as I showed the quote, YOU started the insults.

I clearly said it it didn't affect me much, I had other projects, which you called "vitriol." You said you would and wouldn't take advantage of a lower bar. You keep saying "I" need to insult when you started the insults and I showed you the post.

Grow up.

Anyone? Anyone?

Post your stories here

I was denied apprentice status because I was not a minority. AA
I also was denied an opportunity to work for the then NJ Bell....AA
And of course after having scored all batteries in the 90th percentile on the postal exam, I lost out to AA on that too.
AA was supposed to reverse the tide of minorities being denied "equal" opportunities for employment. Not turn the working world on it's head.

Dear Welfare Queen: What aspect of the quota was artificial?

I was the beneficiary of Veterans' Preference when I got my first job with the Federal Government. Based on the test, I was at the top of the list (104%, with 5 points Vet Pref), but the employer didn't want to hire me because I did not have a college degree at that time. But he was forced to do so, because I was at the top of the list AND a veteran.

Does that count?

Not the same.
Please address the subject matter of the thread.
Your issue was " because I did not have a college degree"...

I was the beneficiary of Veterans' Preference when I got my first job with the Federal Government. Based on the test, I was at the top of the list (104%, with 5 points Vet Pref), but the employer didn't want to hire me because I did not have a college degree at that time. But he was forced to do so, because I was at the top of the list AND a veteran.

Does that count?
BTW...All quotas are manipulation of the marketplace.

Does that count?

Vets Pref is not based upon gender or skin color and no employer has ever been required to have a certain number of vets working for them.

To compare the two is pure bullshit and you should be ashamed of yourself for even considering doing it.

It's a fair comparison. Whether required by law or not, it's still passing over qualifications in favor of status.

Same thing.
Wrong...One can change what they do...They cannot change what they are.
Huge difference

It's a fair comparison. Whether required by law or not, it's still passing over qualifications in favor of status.

Same thing.

No they are not the same thing.

Can I, as a white man, qualify as a AA hire? No.

Can a black man or a woman qualify as a vet pref? Yes, just as I can only if they are actual veterans.

This Vet Pref is based upon how you have lived your life, not what you were born with.

Doesn't matter; it's still status over qualification for the job. Unless what that veteran did in the military directly relates to the job, it's the same thing: hiring based on who you are rather than what your talents are.

Of course is matters.
Military service is a choice. Ethnicity? Ok, try changing THAT!
Just admit you were wrong.

Vets Pref is not based upon gender or skin color and no employer has ever been required to have a certain number of vets working for them.

To compare the two is pure bullshit and you should be ashamed of yourself for even considering doing it.

Same thing.

Not even the Federal government has to hire "unqualified" people. BTW White skin and male gender does not necessarily mean you are more "qualified" than a woman or minority..

Further, before the civil rights era, hiring was not based on merit... First come first hired, as long as you were a white male, was the normal way of life back when!
Ahh the "white privilege" argument...
BTW, on hiring unqualified people, the federal government is the biggest culprit. Have you seen some the rocket scientists that work in urban post offices?
Should the young people of today be paying for the shit that went on more than 50 years ago?
Really? What did THEY do wrong?
Once AA was invented, it quickly went from a good idea to being a method of payback.

Doesn't matter; it's still status over qualification for the job. Unless what that veteran did in the military directly relates to the job, it's the same thing: hiring based on who you are rather than what your talents are.

DUH! what if you're a minority veteran as opposed to a White veteran? who gets more points? in fact i believe you get more points for being a non-veteran minority than being a non-disabled veteran period. i could be wrong

"Points"? :lol:

What are we dealing with -- a game show?
I see you are unfamiliar with public sector exams.
For example. On the USPS exam there is a 10 point bump for veterans.
So if a veteran gets every question correct, the score is 110.

No they are not the same thing.

Can I, as a white man, qualify as a AA hire? No.

Can a black man or a woman qualify as a vet pref? Yes, just as I can only if they are actual veterans.

This Vet Pref is based upon how you have lived your life, not what you were born with.

Of course is matters.
Military service is a choice. Ethnicity? Ok, try changing THAT!
Just admit you were wrong.

The question is not "whether it's a choice"; the question is whether it's got anything to do with the job. Which is the point that that post, and all those posts, make. Or is the word "status" over your tiny little head? Moreover, military service isn't necessarily a choice anyway.

Go ahead -- admit you're wrong.

Last edited:
When the TEA was first hiring I was the only white male to apply in the initial group for our airport. Guess who was the only one not hired? And I have disabled vets pref.

Molon Labe

You seem bitter. How do you know you were the only white male? How do you know you weren't the least qualified? Me thinks there is more to your claims of reverse discrimination. In other words, its easier to blame AA for your failures than accepting responsibility.

If a black man said he was discriminated against on the job or not hired because the color of his skin, would you say BS? Or do you think you should have gotten this job or something different in your other case of reverse discrimination because of white privilege?

" How do you know you were the only white male?".....He looked around the room?
Are you implying discrimination in reverse did or does not exist?
There is no such thing as "white privilege"...I am living proof of that.

Why did we need Affirmative Action

Because after the Civil Rights Act the immediate reaction of the racists was.....you may declare them coloreds equal, but I'll be damned if I hire one

So Affirmative Action laws were passed and the response was......I have coloreds working for me ...look at that guy sweeping the floor

So we ended up with quotas. Not just for blacks, but women, Hispanics, Asians. You needed to hire minorities not just for menial jobs but working level and management. Many struggled at first...but the workplace changed forever

We didn't. The big lie of the left on this is that government was protecting blacks from evil businesses. Actually the issue was government. Think about that Jim Crow laws were ... laws ... which means they were created by ... government. Southern bus companies didn't want their primary revenue stream forced to the back of the bus, government did. It was government that segregated schools and separated bathrooms and drinking fountains.

Government created the problem, then government came up with a "solution," and as they always do government then brandishes their solution as a weapon to grow their power. In free markets, blacks will have no problem getting jobs and gays will have no problem getting wedding cakes. The companies that don't hire the best employees will lose in the marketplace. I realize you were a hack employee who mailed it in and you're interchangeable with any employee that needs to be micromanaged, but there are lots of good ones and blacks like any other group who chose to work hard will be rewarded. It's government that is the belligerent party in all this.

Last edited:

We didn't. The big lie of the left on this is that government was protecting blacks from evil businesses. Actually the issue was government. Think about that Jim Crow laws were ... laws ... which means they were created by ... government. Southern bus companies didn't want their primary revenue stream forced to the back of the bus, government did. It was government that segregated schools and separated bathrooms and drinking fountains.

Government created the problem, then government came up with a "solution," and as they always do government then brandishes their solution as a weapon to grow their power. In free markets, blacks will have no problem getting jobs and gays will have no problem getting wedding cakes. The companies that don't hire the best employees will lose in the marketplace. I realize you were a hack employee who mailed it in and you're interchangeable with any employee that needs to be micromanaged, but there are lots of good ones and blacks like any other group who chose to work hard will be rewarded. It's government that is the belligerent party in all this.

Government created racism and sexism? I did not know that. Ya learn sum'pm every day.

I gotta let go of this linear time thing that tells me slavery and racism were long established before we even had a government. Apparently history happens in random order and can be swapped around at will. My head swims.

Last edited:

What complete bullshit
You should be embarrassed to have posted it

Jim Crow was a cultural institution. It was instituted and enforced primarily by the public. It applied not just to business, but life as a whole. The key aspect was that blacks knew their place. Not just in the back of the bus, but in day to day life

Government created racism and sexism? I did not know that. Ya learn sum'pm every day. I gotta let go of this linear time thing that tells me slavery and racism were long established before we even had a government. Apparently history happens in random order and can be swapped around at will. My head swims.

Strawman. That isn't what I said. You're an angry little dwarf, aren't you?

Forum List

Back