Is there not ONE Democrat on this site who will admit that this mess is.....

Rabbi, you got your ass kicked on this thread. When the best rebuttal you can come up with is but but but Obama's been President for 6 years.......so fuking what? What does that have to do with this shutdown?

No dude, these fine people have educated YOU. Lets see if the education "took". I bet it doesn't. In a few minutes you will be back saying the Dems shut the government down. Pitiful American you are.

Zeke, you're a stump broke gap toothed illiterate with a 2nd grade education. You really shouldn't lecture people on "education." If you dont know why it is significant that Obama has been president for 5 years, with a Democratic Congress for msot of that time, I really can't help you. Get an adult to explain it.

No you asshole. You explain it. What does the length of time that Obama has held office have to do with the Rethugs shutting down the government. That was what your thread was about wasn't it? Shutdown? Or do you even know what you were talking about.

Hey rabid. At least get enough education to use spell check. Your message board does provide you with that. Helps you look more "educated" when spelling and punctuation is correct.

But I told you that you wouldn't learn anything from the education these fine folks provided you. And you didn't. Are you just stupid or just stubborn? Ah fuck it, who cares what you are. Stupid is my bet. Carry on.

Sure does

If the extreme left is successful at its "high hopes" of breeding out the GOP and conservatives

Who is going to pay for all the failed programs that the Democratic base uses?

God, you can't have everyone in the 'cart"
someone has to pull it

You keep hanging on to that falsehood. It is working for you.

Sure does

If the extreme left is successful at its "high hopes" of breeding out the GOP and conservatives

someone has to pull it

Yup and the taxpayers of America are going to be the big losers.

Neither party gives a damn because, hey, they are taken care of for life at our expense.

You can bet your ass none of them will be pulling any cart.

Sure does

someone has to pull it

Neither party gives a damn because, hey, they are taken care of for life at our expense.

And......another one. Keep em' coming. Brown Americans never pull carts.

This all goes back to the fact that the GOP's base of older whites is very anxious and uncomfortable about the ethnic and racial changes taking place today.

Obama's election was a traumatic event for them. They were shocked and devastated by it. His re-election just added to their mental instability. The fact that the one time in most of their whole lives that the GOP held unified power is seen by most as a error-filled fiasco just adds to their steaming anger.

80% of medicare users are white, but just less than 50% of newborns are white. This country is changing, and changing fast.

The GOP's base doesn't believe that anyone but their elderly and white supporters are deserving of government assistance. That's why the farm bill's subsidies for mostly white, rural farmers passed, while food stamps were scrapped. That's why government involvement in healthcare is unacceptable to them....except medicare part D, the most recently new debt-growing entitlement.

This isn't going to end well for the GOP. I predict it's demise, frankly, in a generation. It had a good run, till the corrupt Nixonians decided to attract the emotionally stunted and reactionary white South, with their racial anxieties and close-minded social views.

I heard an interesting stat yesterday.

In 1988 GHW Bush got 59% of the white vote against Dukakis. That landed him a 7 million vote victory with over 400 electoral votes.

In 2012, Romney got 59% of the white vote against Obama. That landed him a 4 million vote loss and 206 electoral votes.

Dwell on that a spell. See if you can develop a rational plan of action for the GOP moving forward.

Yes it is true the demographics of America are changing. The US is becoming more brown, and with it a new generation dependant on government.

So, are you racists ready to do your victory dance when whites become the minority?

Hey I am not worried. I can compete with anyone. How about you?

But I have met quite a few brown people on construction sites. Not a one taking money from the government. All I see is hard work for low pay. I am sure your experience is somehow different. Matter of fact, the biggest losers I know personally all call themselves Republicans. And they are white. Don't work, don't wanna work unless they get 25 bucks an hour for doing basically nothing. They have no skills. But I am sure your experience is much different.

Yup, there are plenty of jobs, Obama caused the Great Recession, and a default won't hurt the economy...absolute brainwashed idiocy...

I blame the Democrats for giving in to Republican extortion in 2011. President Obama negotiated with Republicans and extended the Bush Tax cuts. This was perceived by Republicans as weakness in the President and they added it to their playbook
Threaten to close government and default on our debt in non-election years and we can get what we want even though we lack the votes

This childish nonsense has to end once and for all

Sure does

someone has to pull it

Who said they did?

I was agreeing about all those failed programs and the taxpayers who fund them.

Catch a clue.

Who said they did?

Catch a clue.

You said they did not. That is what my obviously sarcastic comment referred to.

Brown people pull carts, dummy.

Who said they did?

Catch a clue.

You said they did not. That is what my obviously sarcastic comment referred to.

Brown people pull carts, dummy.

You should see them shuck shingles off a roof. Or haul shingles up a ladder. Much harder than pulling a cart.:doubt:

Democrats were idiots in 2011 to think that if they appeased the Republicans that the extortion games would end

All they did was set the country up for default and give the Republicans a new hammer they could use

Boehner is, for all practical purposes, already out of a job, but, in view of the civil war going on in the republican party, nobody else wants it anyway. He has been trying to herd cats for the last month, and, of couse, it can't be done. I have said it before. I feel sorry for him. The republicans have become so completely disfunctional that only a thorough purge can make them relavent again. There has not been such a complete political defeat in this country since Teddy Roosevelt ran for president under the Bull Moose banner. The republicans remind me of this sketch by Monty Python:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4]Monty Python-The Black Knight - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
why blame moderates for the TPM shutting down govt and refusing to up the debt limit unless the majority eliminates obamacare?

You just made the claim. Who are the people in DC that you believe wish to do the right thing? This is not spinning. I am responding to something that is just said.

I believe that President Obama wishes to do the right thing.

You?

Yes, what's the problem with naming those who are moderate and have plans that will work. Who are they? Inquiring minds want to know.

Moderate is what got us here. If your solution is more moderates then we are on opposite pages.

Being a moderate is not a prerequisite to knowing how to negotiate in good faith. A moderate is simply someone who can be bought by EITHER side.

a moderate is someone who does not have their head squarely up one parties ass or the other......a moderate will question HIS/HER party......a moderate wont back their party...just because....you PARTY people think if a moderate agrees with the other side they are being "bought".....its more like thinking for your fucking self.....try it sometimes....

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

Boehner: I got "98 percent" of what I wanted in debt deal - The Hill

It's Obama's fault for refusing to be blackmailed again while Republicans make Americans suffer. I can accept that. Why? Because Republicans revel in Americans suffering. Either they learn to vote Republicans out of office or they learn to enjoy their suffering.

cant agree with you more....i hope the other side is just as smart and votes the jerks that represent them out too....

Partially caused by your own party? I've seen many posts or threads by the right that is sick of some of the things the GOP does. Yet EVERY thread by the left gives their own party a complete pass and lambastes the right. Most polls show Americans are sick of EVERYONE in DC. But instead of taking that to heart you play stupid games with the percentages. Just yesterday I saw a poll that had Obama at 17% approval among independents. That is TERRIBLE. Yet every thread is about what everyone else is doing wrong.
Today I saw Alan Colmes say that he thinks there should be a 6 to 12 month delay on forced enrollment in Obamacare. And he's about as far left as one can be without falling over. How is it he can be honest but none of you can? What's the harm in the delay? The system is currently COMPLETELY dysfunctional. Even Gibbs admitted this.
Then we have the current shutdown. Boehner wont allow votes on Senate bills and Reid wont allow votes on house bills. Yet for some crazy ass reason that is beyond me the Tea Party gets the blame when it is ENTIRELY up to Reid & Boehner.
They are ALL acting like spoiled children INCLUDING OBAMA.

I am not a Democrat......but......

Nope. This shut down is unnecessary. The funding levels were agreed upon and represented a compromise by the Democrats. The GOP tried to use the US economy as leverage to get the Democrats to give concessions.

Now they are doing the same thing with the debt ceiling.

Obama had his fill of this shit two years ago. He is doing the right thing.

It is 100% on the GOP.

Whine away.

And, I'm liking the way the Ds are standing strong against this blackmail.

946009_655931607762041_520341097_n.jpg

Partially caused by your own party? I've seen many posts or threads by the right that is sick of some of the things the GOP does. Yet EVERY thread by the left gives their own party a complete pass and lambastes the right. Most polls show Americans are sick of EVERYONE in DC. But instead of taking that to heart you play stupid games with the percentages. Just yesterday I saw a poll that had Obama at 17% approval among independents. That is TERRIBLE. Yet every thread is about what everyone else is doing wrong.
Today I saw Alan Colmes say that he thinks there should be a 6 to 12 month delay on forced enrollment in Obamacare. And he's about as far left as one can be without falling over. How is it he can be honest but none of you can? What's the harm in the delay? The system is currently COMPLETELY dysfunctional. Even Gibbs admitted this.
Then we have the current shutdown. Boehner wont allow votes on Senate bills and Reid wont allow votes on house bills. Yet for some crazy ass reason that is beyond me the Tea Party gets the blame when it is ENTIRELY up to Reid & Boehner.
They are ALL acting like spoiled children INCLUDING OBAMA.

I'm going to give you a pass because everyone is entitled to a bad day now and then. Obama has taken a lot of deserved criticism from the left. He should never have allowed the hostage game to begin. He should have prosecuted Wall Street criminals and broken up the big banks. And most of all he should have stayed out of the pockets of the Larry Summers crowd and never got caught up in the farcical "grand bargain" nonsense. You see, Obama is a center-right president of a center-left nation with a reactionary right minority which has been calling the shots because they don't care how much damage they do to America if they can't destroy Obama.

So if anyone wants me to criticism Obama, I just did. He could have stopped this nonsense earlier if he had not tried to negotiate with the Republican Party. But he acted in good faith, which the House Republicans have never done and are not doing to this hour. You can blame whoever you like, for whatever reasons you like, but just be sure you don't try to argue that after declaring their sole goal was to destroy the Obama presidency, that the right reactionaries have any position to now lament that Obama will not rescue them from their self-inflicted destruction. When your proclaimed goal is to destroy people without regard to the cost to the nation, you forfeit the right to later ask to reason together.

I think that right wing extremism is inevitably on the road to annihilation and disgrace, much as the Klan of the 1920's was destroyed. Americans a decade from now will look back at these times with the same disgust they will have for lynchings. Good Americans are ashamed of this behavior and are repulsed by it. The answer is that those who shouted "Let them die!" in glee in the Republican debates and their Heritage Foundation ilk who today threatened to primary any House Republican who did not toe the absolutist line are not people any sane politician of any political persuasion, or any patriotic American who cares for their country and its people, would ever do business with again.
The world will be a better place when they are gone from the political scene.

He should never have allowed the hostage game to begin. He should have prosecuted Wall Street criminals and broken up the big banks. And most of all he should have stayed out of the pockets of the Larry Summers crowd and never got caught up in the farcical "grand bargain" nonsense.

to do that you have to have some leadership qualities.....

The world will be a better place when they are gone from the political scene.

i agree all 535 of them....

Forum List

Back