Is there not ONE Democrat on this site who will admit that this mess is.....

Partially caused by your own party? I've seen many posts or threads by the right that is sick of some of the things the GOP does. Yet EVERY thread by the left gives their own party a complete pass and lambastes the right. Most polls show Americans are sick of EVERYONE in DC. But instead of taking that to heart you play stupid games with the percentages. Just yesterday I saw a poll that had Obama at 17% approval among independents. That is TERRIBLE. Yet every thread is about what everyone else is doing wrong.
Today I saw Alan Colmes say that he thinks there should be a 6 to 12 month delay on forced enrollment in Obamacare. And he's about as far left as one can be without falling over. How is it he can be honest but none of you can? What's the harm in the delay? The system is currently COMPLETELY dysfunctional. Even Gibbs admitted this.
Then we have the current shutdown. Boehner wont allow votes on Senate bills and Reid wont allow votes on house bills. Yet for some crazy ass reason that is beyond me the Tea Party gets the blame when it is ENTIRELY up to Reid & Boehner.
They are ALL acting like spoiled children INCLUDING OBAMA.

I am not a Democrat......but......

Nope. This shut down is unnecessary. The funding levels were agreed upon and represented a compromise by the Democrats. The GOP tried to use the US economy as leverage to get the Democrats to give concessions.

Now they are doing the same thing with the debt ceiling.

Obama had his fill of this shit two years ago. He is doing the right thing.

It is 100% on the GOP.

Whine away.

The Constitution says that the House controls the funding. The law says that Congress has to pass a budget that actually comes in under the debt ceiling. Reid hasn't passed a budget in years, but you are siding with Obama against the Republicans, and trying to claim that his lies are true.

Fuck off.

Sure does

If the extreme left is successful at its "high hopes" of breeding out the GOP and conservatives

Who is going to pay for all the failed programs that the Democratic base uses?

God, you can't have everyone in the 'cart"
someone has to pull it[/QUOTE]
We'll just raise the taxes on the republicans to pay for the programs.

Partially caused by your own party? I've seen many posts or threads by the right that is sick of some of the things the GOP does. Yet EVERY thread by the left gives their own party a complete pass and lambastes the right. Most polls show Americans are sick of EVERYONE in DC. But instead of taking that to heart you play stupid games with the percentages. Just yesterday I saw a poll that had Obama at 17% approval among independents. That is TERRIBLE. Yet every thread is about what everyone else is doing wrong.
Today I saw Alan Colmes say that he thinks there should be a 6 to 12 month delay on forced enrollment in Obamacare. And he's about as far left as one can be without falling over. How is it he can be honest but none of you can? What's the harm in the delay? The system is currently COMPLETELY dysfunctional. Even Gibbs admitted this.
Then we have the current shutdown. Boehner wont allow votes on Senate bills and Reid wont allow votes on house bills. Yet for some crazy ass reason that is beyond me the Tea Party gets the blame when it is ENTIRELY up to Reid & Boehner.

I've said a thousand times that the problem is Congress and after Citizens United was given a green light by SCOTUS, money flooded the pockets of these sluts on both sides of the aisle.

You were really stupid 1000 times and you are proud of it?

Tell me something, idiot, if Citizen's United is the problem, how do you explain what happened in the 200+ years before the ruling?

this should be interesting..
head might explode, I hope it does... but interesting:lol:

]

It is obvious that Obama is partially responsible for the government shutdown because he is a Kenyan muslim who passed a law that no one wants. LOL! Just kidding! I just wanted to watch you freak out. Actually, when I talked about Obama's lack of leadership I was referring to his petulant insistence on not negotiating, petty angry rhetoric and lack of statesmanship. Even when Clinton and Gingrich were in the midst of political warfare they still talked and negotiated and got things done. As I said before, if you really don't believe Obama has anything to do with the government shutdown then perhaps somebody should wake up our president and tell him to stop leading from behind.

I'm not really an Obamafan, but imo this is a common but unfair criticism. Yeah, he's a disengaged elitist. But he has negotiated with Boehner, only for Boehner to turn around and not be able to pass what he said he could. McConnell wanted to limit him to one term, but Obama did sent over Biden, whom McConnell trusted, and they negotiated a gop friendly deal.

In this mess, there's no sense in trying to negotiate with the House, because the only answer they will take is "kill Obamacare." That isn't and never was gonna happen. 20-30 House members promised their constituents they'd do what they never had any hope of doing, and now they're acting ike they are being mistreated. They earned it.

Reid didn't want Biden messing in the senate again, so Reid worked a deal with McConnell. Obama will take the deal, as it is in his favor.

Obama hasn't been involved because this was up to the Senate. Assuming Boehner has the House agree, then negotiating a real deficit reduction plan should be Obama's first priority over the next 6 weeks.

No.

It isn't caused by Democrats or Liberals.

Neither have talked about shutting down government.

This is NOT something Democrats or Liberals even consider.

It's NOT the Democrats or Liberals that CONSTANTLY talk about how bad government is.

It's the Conservatives and Republicans.

Really?

The day after the "shutdown" there were people out putting up prepinted signs that blamed the shutdown for the WWII Memorial being closed. These were high quality signs that were printed in poster board, not hastily done things that came out of a printer at the last minute, and identical signs went up everywhere in the country. That means that somebody had to order these signs, get them printed, and have them shipped around the country in sufficient quantities to provide the perfect photo op.

I am pretty sure that no republican did that, but you think Obama did not want this shutdown.

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

Boehner: I got "98 percent" of what I wanted in debt deal - The Hill

It's Obama's fault for refusing to be blackmailed again while Republicans make Americans suffer. I can accept that. Why? Because Republicans revel in Americans suffering. Either they learn to vote Republicans out of office or they learn to enjoy their suffering.

You do know that this has nothing to do with tax cuts, don't you? Do you still think Bush is president? Isn't that one of the things they use to test crazy people?

I'm going to give you a pass because everyone is entitled to a bad day now and then. Obama has taken a lot of deserved criticism from the left. He should never have allowed the hostage game to begin. He should have prosecuted Wall Street criminals and broken up the big banks. And most of all he should have stayed out of the pockets of the Larry Summers crowd and never got caught up in the farcical "grand bargain" nonsense. You see, Obama is a center-right president of a center-left nation with a reactionary right minority which has been calling the shots because they don't care how much damage they do to America if they can't destroy Obama.

So if anyone wants me to criticism Obama, I just did. He could have stopped this nonsense earlier if he had not tried to negotiate with the Republican Party. But he acted in good faith, which the House Republicans have never done and are not doing to this hour. You can blame whoever you like, for whatever reasons you like, but just be sure you don't try to argue that after declaring their sole goal was to destroy the Obama presidency, that the right reactionaries have any position to now lament that Obama will not rescue them from their self-inflicted destruction. When your proclaimed goal is to destroy people without regard to the cost to the nation, you forfeit the right to later ask to reason together.

I think that right wing extremism is inevitably on the road to annihilation and disgrace, much as the Klan of the 1920's was destroyed. Americans a decade from now will look back at these times with the same disgust they will have for lynchings. Good Americans are ashamed of this behavior and are repulsed by it. The answer is that those who shouted "Let them die!" in glee in the Republican debates and their Heritage Foundation ilk who today threatened to primary any House Republican who did not toe the absolutist line are not people any sane politician of any political persuasion, or any patriotic American who cares for their country and its people, would ever do business with again.
The world will be a better place when they are gone from the political scene.

Yes, he should have broke the law just to make the drooling idiots happy.

Trust me on this, if there was a legitimate crime, or even a violation of federal regulations, out there, those bankers would be in prison. The reason no banker ever got prosecuted is pretty simple, they could all prove they were following all the laws and regulations to the letter, and they had a whole stack of emails from Justice Department lawyers that forced them to do exactly what they did. Until you wake up to the fact that the government is the cause of everything you are blaming on the rich people you will be forever relegated to the wackadoodle fringe, just like the birthers.

The defense of Obama is more of a religious argument than anything else. The cult of personality does not allow for the blasphemy of objective criticism. The only response one will get while pointing out Obama's lack of leadership, strident petulance and dishonesty seems to be "Boooooosh" and "racisssst" and " bag of diiiiicks". LOL! This should really be studied by sociologists. It's just kinda creepy.

I don't see Obama as lacking leadership. I do see some that absolutely refuse to show him any respect. Here is a list of the positive things Obama has done for this country, I like the fact that Obama was able to turn the economy around and avoid the depression we were headed for.
I like the fact Obama was able to save GM and Chrysler.
I like the fact Obama made a promise to get bin Laden and then he followed up on that promise.
I like the fact he helped get rid of Ghaddafi without putting American boots on the ground.
I like the fact he did not get us involved with the turmoil in Egypt.
I like the fact he has concern for the poor and un-insured Americans.
I like the fact he projects the image of a good family man.
I like the fact his decisions and behavior have increased America's standing in the world communitiy.
I like the fact that American's are getting jobs rather than losing them.
I like the fact he wants to end the run-away inflation of medical costs.
I like the fact he followed through on bush's plan to end the war in Iraq.
I like that Obama intends to have us out of Afghanistan by the end of 2014.
I like the fact that Obama is intelligent and has repeatedly made the republicans look like inept jerks.
I like the fact that Obama was able to re-examine and change his view on gay marriage.
I like the fact that Obama was able to see the gay question as one of civil rights and not religious bull shit.
I like the fact Obama is not affraid to stand up to the gop.
I like the fact he has moved quickly when national disasters strike.
I like the fact he wants to take assault weapons off the street.
I like the fact he is trying to rebuild the middle class.
I like the wholesome image he and his family present.
I like that he has done the right thing in trying to work with the gop although it has been a waste of time.
I like the fact Obama is willing to work for ALL Americans and not just the wealthy.
I like the choice Obama made for the Supreme Court.
I like the fact Obama wants to put people to work rebuilding the infrastructure of America.
I like the fact Obama has chosen an Attorney General who is willing to go after states that are attacking voter rights.

No.

It isn't caused by Democrats or Liberals.

Neither have talked about shutting down government.

This is NOT something Democrats or Liberals even consider.

It's NOT the Democrats or Liberals that CONSTANTLY talk about how bad government is.

It's the Conservatives and Republicans.

Really?

The day after the "shutdown" there were people out putting up prepinted signs that blamed the shutdown for the WWII Memorial being closed. These were high quality signs that were printed in poster board, not hastily done things that came out of a printer at the last minute, and identical signs went up everywhere in the country. That means that somebody had to order these signs, get them printed, and have them shipped around the country in sufficient quantities to provide the perfect photo op.

I am pretty sure that no republican did that, but you think Obama did not want this shutdown.

Well, signs or no signs, the monument was closed becuae the House GOp let their TP minority close the govt and threaten to not up the debt limit unless Obama killed Obamacare. It's not like Obama held a gun to their heads and said "Ok do something really stupid"

I've said a thousand times that the problem is Congress and after Citizens United was given a green light by SCOTUS, money flooded the pockets of these sluts on both sides of the aisle.

SHall I republish Charley Reese's final column for the Orlando Sentinel? It was written in 1995 but just as true today. Here it is:

The 545 People Responsible For All Of U.S. Woes

BY Charley Reese
March 7, 1995-- -- -

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered why, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, we have deficits? Have you ever wondered why, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does. You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does. You and I don't write the tax code. Congress does. You and I don't set fiscal policy. Congress does. You and I don't control monetary policy. The Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president and nine Supreme Court justices - 545 human beings out of the 235 million - are directly, legally, morally and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered but private central bank.

I excluded all but the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it.

No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislation's responsibility to determine how he votes.

A CONFIDENCE CONSPIRACY

Don't you see how the con game that is played on the people by the politicians? Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of Tip O'Neill, who stood up and criticized Ronald Reagan for creating deficits.

The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it. The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating appropriations and taxes.

O'neill is the speaker of the House. He is the leader of the majority party. He and his fellow Democrats, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetos it, they can pass it over his veto.

REPLACE SCOUNDRELS

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 235 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts - of incompetence and irresponsibility.

I can't think of a single domestic problem, from an unfair tax code to defense overruns, that is not traceable directly to those 545 people.

When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair. If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red. If the Marines are in Lebanon, it's because they want them in Lebanon.

There are no insoluble government problems. Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take it.

Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exist disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation" or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people and they alone are responsible. They and they alone have the power. They and they alone should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses - provided they have the gumption to manage their own employees.

This article was first published by the Orlando Sentinel Star newspaper

The 545 People ? Charley Reese | Furthermore

I so agree with the premise of the article! Those are the 545 people that should be blamed and most replaced. I know you are a liberal and I cannot understand your politics for the Democrats are the spenders and the conservatives are trying to reign in on the spending and bring down the debt. Can you address that?

absolutely not any fault by the Dem's ....
it wasn't the Dem's who said not to the sequester it was the republicans ....
it wasn't the Dem's who said let the budget expire it was the republicans...
it wasn't the Dem's who said we don't care if the debt ceiling expires
it was the republicans

the republicans tried to force their way on us by trying to defund Obama care by two major ways ... buy putting in a funding bill for it when it already had one ...'
the second way they tried to defund Obama care was by trying to get the medical equipment 2.2% tax increase removed ... that tax funds obama care for the people who can't afford medical insurance ... that was one way they tried to go through the back door ... just so they could say see it cost too much see were right ...

then they tried to put into the bill saying that the people wouldn't have to sign up for a year ... again by doing that it would cause the insurance to go up and possinly fail in many states states... the states that are run by republican governors ... where they refused to take help with medicaid ... that the feds would pay 100% the first year then for the next 10 years they would pay 90 %

you are asking us to say this mess was part of our fault ... really !!! when all the republicans had to do was present a clean bill ... I don't buy it no matter how hard you and the misguided republican here try ...

No, this is getting serious now. This was all Teaparty bullshit and John Boehner is being led around by the nose. He shut the government down and nothing was going to be talked about after that.

He made bad decisions, one right after the other and today was the last straw.

Fitch Puts US Credit Rating on Negative Watch

The Fitch credit rating agency has warned that it is reviewing the U.S. government's AAA credit rating for a possible downgrade, citing the impasse in Washington that has raised the threat of a default on the nation's debt.

Fitch placed the U.S. credit rating on negative watch Tuesday, a step that would precede an actual downgrade. The agency said it expects to conclude its review within six months.

The announcement comes as House and Senate leaders face a Thursday deadline to raise the nation's $16.7 trillion borrowing limit. Fitch says it expects the debt limit to be raised soon. But it adds, "the political brinkmanship and reduced financing flexibility could increase the risk of a U.S. default."

Fitch Puts US Credit Rating on Negative Watch - ABC News

yes, and according to Fitch, all that we need to do is pass a law that clarifies the ability of the Treasury to do what the Constitution tells them to do. In other words, we have to do what Obama has repeatedly said he won't do, prioritize debt payments over new spending.

Fitch Ratings - Global rating agency dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through objective and balanced credit opinions, research and data.

I will not say this mess is partially caused by the Democratic party because it is wrong.
Prior to the government shut down the Democrats in the Senate passed several budget bills that were never brought up in the republican House. EIGHTEEN TIMES (18) THE DEMOCRATS ASKED THE HOUSE TO HELP FORM A BIPARTISAN COMMITTEE TO RESOLVE THE BUDGET PROBLEM BEFORE THE GOVERNMENT WAS SHUT DOWN. EIGHTEEN TIMES THE REPUBLICANS IGNORED THE SENATE'S REQUEST.
The republicans wanted to shut the government down.
The republicans were warned about what would happen if they shut the government down.
The republicans ignored the warning.
The republicans shut the government down.
The republicans cheered when the government was shut down.
Now the republicans are trying to pretend it was the Democrats who shut the government down.

The Senate hasn't passed a budget bill since 2009. That makes your statement that they passed 18 separate budgets this year a lie.

"The party of BIG government shut the government down!!"

The voice of "sound" bagger logic. :lol:

Nope. This shut down is unnecessary. The funding levels were agreed upon and represented a compromise by the Democrats. The GOP tried to use the US economy as leverage to get the Democrats to give concessions.

It is 100% on the GOP.

Whine away.

The Constitution says that the House controls the funding. The law says that Congress has to pass a budget that actually comes in under the debt ceiling. Reid hasn't passed a budget in years, but you are siding with Obama against the Republicans, and trying to claim that his lies are true.

Fuck off.

while you're fucking yourself off
n 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, in this amendment it allows the president to force the congress to pay its debt .... Obama had this option all the times ... seems you missed that in the constitution when you were fucking yourself off ... I understand ... we liberals are very understanding ... forceful, but very understanding

I heard an interesting stat yesterday.

In 1988 GHW Bush got 59% of the white vote against Dukakis. That landed him a 7 million vote victory with over 400 electoral votes.

In 2012, Romney got 59% of the white vote against Obama. That landed him a 4 million vote loss and 206 electoral votes.

Dwell on that a spell. See if you can develop a rational plan of action for the GOP moving forward.

What is even more bizarre about the stat is that GHWB wasn't exactly Mr. Charisma that would retard the Dem turnout.

I tend to think that Reagan was the famous "category killer" when it comes to politics. I think he will be viewed as the greatest President of our times so the GHWB presidency from a political science standpoint in 1988 has a bit of his afterglow. However, what you posted should keep the right wing up at night. Brilliant.
Only in RW Republican circles.

The truth of the matter is the farther we go from his time as President, the more we find out he was a disaster. He raised taxes 18 times, he gutted the government, he negotiated with terrorists, the bastard even sold WMDs to the enemy. After being told NOT to do it. He broke the law, then lied about it to the American people on live TV. The man should have been impeached.

Instead the RW Republicans have raised him up to be some sort of God. However, the rest of us know better. He was a massive failure.

I disagree. Here is why.

What you say may be true...I've not done the independent research.

But if it is, I'll say 'who cares' to a limited extent although I think your "impeachment" plank is looney.

Around that time of his presidency, I think we faced our greatest threat that we've seen since WWII; we went from the criminal--an honest to God criminal--of Nixon to Ford-- whom nobody voted for--to Carter who, I think we can all agree, was overmatched from day one to Reagan who reminded us of our experience, our capabilities, our...frankly put...exceptionalism on the world stage. There are "horses for courses" and Reagan was the right man at the right time in the right job.

I often say that he doesn't deserve a place on Mount Rushmore; he deserves his own mountain. I accept your testimony is true but again, who cares? Apparently FDR snuck some booze during prohibition; should he have been impeached? Could you imagine any other President doing a better job with the Nation during WWII? Apparently the voters couldn't back then.

...and even though the democrats have their own extremists, none of the OWS folks has been elected to office.

Thank God all the cranks are on the other side of the aisle.

Talk about rewriting history.

All the Democrats that came in under Clinton have been primaried out of congress by extremists on the left, but there are no extreme Democrats.

They elected Elizabeth Warren, a woman so extreme that her own party helped block her nomination to head a brand new government boondoggle, but there are no extreme Democrats.

They endorsed a Sandinista trainee to be mayor of New York, but there are no extreme Democrats.

The entire fucking party is run by the lunatic fringe, but all of the extremists are on the other side.

The Democrats have become the party united against progress, and you support them, and then condemn the Republicans for trying to make a difference.

It is 100% on the GOP.

Whine away.

Fuck off.
In April the Senate and the House passed budget resolutions as a first step. The Democrats in the Senate then asked the House to join with them in forming a bipartisan committee to reach agreement on the budget. In fact, they asked the House to join with them eighteen (18) times. The House IGNORED the Senate request all eighteen times. Go ahead and blame the lack of a budget on Reid by the facts tell a different story.

Forum List

Back