Is there one liberal on here..........

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
.........who will criticize Obama and what has gone down with the ACA.

After years of listening to liberals bluster, blow, and bellow about how selfish and uncaring conservatives are, they seem entirely unable to acknowledge that a lot of good hard working people took a serious financial hit with the ACA, and some who were barely making it are not going to be able to make it financially. Are they so well off on the benefits the US government pays them that they cannot comprehend that a bread winner working to support his family has found his company's entire business model changed, and in addition to having to pay significantly more for health care for his family, he no longer gets enough hours to pay the new rates or meet the financial needs of his family.

This is huge. Families have been hurt in a big way by the ACA. But I haven't seen even ONE liberal on here do anything but talk about how much better off the woman with no uterus is because she now has to pay an extra $500 for a comprehensive insurance policy that covers childbirth expenses that she will never use. Or how the person with an already high deductible catastrophic plan and an HSA is better off having had their premium double.

This group of liberals on here have to be the most crass, unfeeling, uncaring, self occupied group of people I have EVER seen.

Will not even ONE of you speak out against this travesty?

I thought You are liberal?

--I think the rest of them left this board because they finally realized that they can't defend the lies and distortions coming out of the Mesiah's mouth.

139952_600.jpg

Last edited:
I thought You are liberal?

--I think the rest of them left this board because they finally realized that they can't defend the lies and distortions coming out of the Mesiah's mouth.

139952_600.jpg

I am not a liberal. There are some issues I simply don't touch. As a nurse, I did endorse national health care that would cover our working poor. But I read the ACA and I did not endorse it because it was clear to anyone who knows anything at all about the health care system that it would bring about single payer in just few years. At no point in time did I EVER endorse the change in business models in many of Americas businesses that has come along with it.

This could have been small potatoes if they had rewritten a few lines in the Medicaid laws and extended it to the working poor. In fact, after working in the VA and witnessing the waste in that system, and knowing the fraud in Medicare, I would venture to say that 3 entitlements, the VA, Medicare, and Medicaid could have been combined and there would be enough money to cover benefits for all of our working poor without forcing people who are already having a hard time to pay more.

Anyway, I'm still waiting on some liberal criticism of this debacle.
toetap-1.gif

You don’t understand.

Liberals have this silly, annoying habit of waiting for things to come to a conclusion and making a judgment based on facts and actual results, as opposed to blindly jumping to conclusions for purely partisan reasons and engaging in pointless speculation, as conservatives are wont to do.

Should the enrolment numbers not be where projected by late summer, early fall next year, liberals will be the most aggressive critics of the ACA, and advocate its repeal and replacement with a single payer system.

You don’t understand.

Liberals have this silly, annoying habit of waiting for things to come to a conclusion and making a judgment based on facts and actual results, as opposed to blindly jumping to conclusions for purely partisan reasons and engaging in pointless speculation, as conservatives are wont to do.

Should the enrolment numbers not be where projected by late summer, early fall next year, liberals will be the most aggressive critics of the ACA, and advocate its repeal and replacement with a single payer system.

I don't believe you.

But I'm going to bookmark this thread and remind you that you said it.

Yes.

I've said from the beginning that the ACA was compromised into a give-away to the insurance and pharmaceutical industries, among others, in order to gain "bi-partisan support" which never materialized in spite of the capitulation.

Obama should have told Nancy to shove that complicated piece of crap legislation where the sun don't shine and come back with a true public option, like buying in to Medicare based on age.

Of course, the question now is what to do? :dunno:

Congress needs to do it's job and fix it.

You don’t understand.

There has ALREADY been AMPLE examples of how BAD of a roll out and LAW the ACA is. First off, it is NOT "affordable" nor do they "care."

You're just doing what all liberals do, your messiah and his signature achievement is in the TOILET, so you libtards circle the wagons and protect him NO - MATTER - WHAT.

We've seen you leftists do this for YEARS, so no surprise here.

Last edited:

After years of listening to liberals bluster, blow, and bellow about how selfish and uncaring conservatives are, they seem entirely unable to acknowledge that a lot of good hard working people took a serious financial hit with the ACA, and some who were barely making it are not going to be able to make it financially. Are they so well off on the benefits the US government pays them that they cannot comprehend that a bread winner working to support his family has found his company's entire business model changed, and in addition to having to pay significantly more for health care for his family, he no longer gets enough hours to pay the new rates or meet the financial needs of his family.

This is huge. Families have been hurt in a big way by the ACA. But I haven't seen even ONE liberal on here do anything but talk about how much better off the woman with no uterus is because she now has to pay an extra $500 for a comprehensive insurance policy that covers childbirth expenses that she will never use. Or how the person with an already high deductible catastrophic plan and an HSA is better off having had their premium double.

This group of liberals on here have to be the most crass, unfeeling, uncaring, self occupied group of people I have EVER seen.

There are several. editec is forthright in his criticims. Avg-Joe, etc... But the partisan shills just drown them out. I'm reminded of the waning days of the Bush nonsense, when the hangers-on just couldn't admit they'd been duped.

You don’t understand.

My sentiments exactly.

There are several. editec is forthright in his criticims. Avg-Joe, etc... But the partisan shills just drown them out. I'm reminded of the waning days of the Bush nonsense, when the hangers-on just couldn't admit they'd been duped.

The 'we're going to wait and see' rhetoric is laughable. I actually read the ACA. It was clear to me what was going to come down. I was not a fan of Bush, and I said so on more than a couple of forums. But I've never in my 65 years seen anything like what is happening at this moment. This is the stuff of nightmares.

Yes.

I've said from the beginning that the ACA was compromised into a give-away to the insurance and pharmaceutical industries, among others, in order to gain "bi-partisan support" which never materialized in spite of the capitulation.

Obama should have told Nancy to shove that complicated piece of crap legislation where the sun don't shine and come back with a true public option, like buying in to Medicare based on age.

Of course, the question now is what to do? :dunno:

Congress needs to do it's job and fix it.
The best fix Congress can do is insure no bill ever again has more than one page to it. They need to scrap the 2500+ page model for the government expropriating 1/6 of the nation's economy in its push for more power. We need to work on health reform one issue at a time, and it needs to be Constitutional.

Too much hiding goes on in bills that say too many words. This one has close to if not in excess of a million words. It's totally crazy and creepy to think that intelligent people were threatened with being outcasts by the House leader Nancy Pelosi if they didn't pass it without reading it first to find out what's in the bill. Fluffers abounded to support this insanity and paint objectors as haters of the poor, racists, etc., all lies. That's no way to conduct a civilized society's legislation.

It's a bummer. We need to start over, taking it from the top, and insuring that each important precept is a law and dumping irrelevant points having nothing to do with care and everything to do with porkbarrel or societal upheaval issues being proffered within the bill's makeup that do nothing but create rifts and ill will to make a point of patronizing anybody who wants to keep it first, affordable (it isn't as written) and secondly, favoring the people it's supposed to care for (it doesn't do that either).

With all due respect for anyone who was just trying to make it good for other people without taxing workers into oblivion. That just didn't happen either. ;)

We have the best government that corporations can buy, both the dems and the GOP are guilty, but my abilities to trust our govt. ended with Nixon.

After six weeks has Obamacare been fully executed? No it has not
Is it perfect? No, it is not
Does everyone have to be enrolled by the end of the day? No, they still have four more months
Is it better that only some people get their policy right now than nobody gets a policy? Yes it is
Has the insurance market be in a frenzy over the last month? Yes it has
Will the market work its way out? Yes it will
Will the website be fixed? Yes it will
Will Obamacare look alot better a year from now than it does right now? Yes it will

Last edited:
After six weeks has Obamacare been fully executed? No it has not
Is it perfect? No, it is not
Does everyone have to be enrolled by the end of the day? No, they still have four more months
Is it better that only some people get their policy right now than nobody gets a policy? Yes it is
Has the insurance market be in a frenzy over the last month? Yes it has
Will the market work its way out? Yes it will
Will the website be fixed? Yes it will
Will Obamacare look alot better a year from now than it does right now? Yes it will

Wishful thinking. The roll-out has been disastrous and there is nothing I see that would indicate that it will get better.
Look! If there was a river of shit flowing down hill at you, would you trust the present government to stop it? Hell! It may divide on its own and miss you, but that is pretty doubtful too. Even if it does, it's going to smell real bad for a long time.
I'd suggest you run while you still can.

Look! obama's signature legislation is a disaster. Democrats have a choice here. They can jump ship and abandon it, or play out a losing hand.
My guess is that if they don't, at the very least stall the individual mandate by a year, they will face a veto proof Congress next November.

Obama is done for. He's going down with the ship. Democrats to the life boats; women and children first.

Forum List

Back