Is there one liberal on here..........

After six weeks has Obamacare been fully executed? No it has not
Is it perfect? No, it is not
Does everyone have to be enrolled by the end of the day? No, they still have four more months
Is it better that only some people get their policy right now than nobody gets a policy? Yes it is
Has the insurance market be in a frenzy over the last month? Yes it has
Will the market work its way out? Yes it will
Will the website be fixed? Yes it will
Will Obamacare look alot better a year from now than it does right now? Yes it will

Wishful thinking. The roll-out has been disastrous and there is nothing I see that would indicate that it will get better.
Look! If there was a river of shit flowing down hill at you, would you trust the present government to stop it? Hell! It may divide on its own and miss you, but that is pretty doubtful too. Even if it does, it's going to smell real bad for a long time.
I'd suggest you run while you still can.

Look! obama's signature legislation is a disaster. Democrats have a choice here. They can jump ship and abandon it, or play out a losing hand.
My guess is that if they don't, at the very least stall the individual mandate by a year, they will face a veto proof Congress next November.

Obama is done for. He's going down with the ship. Democrats to the life boats; women and children first.

The health insurance market has just been thrown into a frenzy. It will work itself out. Obamacare is not an instant fix. People will have to settle into an optimum plan, plans will have to make adjustments, the healthcare market will have to adjust for a new influx of insured patients

To claim that obamacare doesn't work and can never get better is ridiculous. The base of the program is insurance pools for the uninsured. Someone in a pool will always do better than a person competing as an individual

I know Republicans have to jump at the chance to declare the death of Obamacare. It is all they have. Republicans have been prediction the demise of Social Security for 75 years.....why should Obamacare be any different?

Does everyone have to be enrolled by the end of the day? No, they still have four more months
Is it better that only some people get their policy right now than nobody gets a policy? Yes it is
Will Obamacare look alot better a year from now than it does right now? Yes it will

Wishful thinking. The roll-out has been disastrous and there is nothing I see that would indicate that it will get better.
Look! If there was a river of shit flowing down hill at you, would you trust the present government to stop it? Hell! It may divide on its own and miss you, but that is pretty doubtful too. Even if it does, it's going to smell real bad for a long time.

Look! obama's signature legislation is a disaster. Democrats have a choice here. They can jump ship and abandon it, or play out a losing hand.
My guess is that if they don't, at the very least stall the individual mandate by a year, they will face a veto proof Congress next November.

Obama is done for. He's going down with the ship. Democrats to the life boats; women and children first.

The health insurance market has just been thrown into a frenzy. It will work itself out. Obamacare is not an instant fix. People will have to settle into an optimum plan, plans will have to make adjustments, the healthcare market will have to adjust for a new influx of insured patients

To claim that obamacare doesn't work and can never get better is ridiculous. The base of the program is insurance pools for the uninsured. Someone in a pool will always do better than a person competing as an individual

I know Republicans have to jump at the chance to declare the death of Obamacare. It is all they have. Republicans have been prediction the demise of Social Security for 75 years.....why should Obamacare be any different?

Not an instant fix??? It has been law for 3 1/2 years. If they can't build a website that works, can't fulfill the promises made to pass the law, how the fuck do you figure another year is going to magically fix this abortion?

Damn, RW! You're a worse sycophant than Luddly.

Wingnuts are stupid. :lol:

No, Obama Didn't Lie to You About Your Health Care Plans

The claim that President Obama lied in saying that people could keep their insurance looks like another Fox News special.

First, it is important to note that the ACA grand-fathered all the individual policies that were in place at the time the law was enacted. This means that the plans in effect at the time that President Obama was pushing the bill could still be offered even if they did not meet all the standards laid out in the ACA.

The plans being terminated because they don't meet the minimal standards were all plans that insurers introduced after the passage of the ACA. Insurers introduced these plans knowing that they would not meet the standards that would come into effect in 2014. Insurers may not have informed their clients at the time they sold these plans that they would not be available after 2014 because they had designed a plan that did not comply with the ACA.

However if the insurers didn't tell their clients that the new plans would only be available for a short period of time, the blame would seem to rest with the insurance companies, not the ACA. After all, President Obama did not promise people that he would keep insurers from developing new plans that will not comply with the provisions of the ACA.

In addition to the new plans that were created that did not comply with the terms of the ACA, there have been complaints that the grandfathering was too strict. For example, insurers can only raise their premiums or deductibles by a small amount above the rate of medical inflation. As a result, many of the plans in existence at the time of the ACA are losing their grandfathered status.

In this case also it is wrong to view the insurers as passive actors who are being forced to stop offering plans because of the ACA. The price increases charged by insurers are not events outside of the control of insurers. If an insurer offers a plan which has many committed buyers, then presumably it would be able to structure its changes in ways that are consistent with the ACA. If it decides not to do so, this is presumably because the insurer has decided that it is not interested in continuing to offer the plan.

As a practical matter, there are many plans that insurers will opt to drop for market reasons that may or may not have anything to do with the ACA. It's hard to see how this could be viewed as a violation of President Obama's pledge. After all, insurers change and drop plans all the time. Did people who heard Obama's pledge understand it to mean that insurers would no longer have this option once the ACA passed?

From alternet? Really? I'd need to see policies before and after. I guess what they are saying is that any change to the offered plan, perhaps as simple as changing the date would negate the grandfather clause. (which I had never heard of before)

ETA: And you're a worse sycophant that Rightwinger.

Last edited:

Not an instant fix??? It has been law for 3 1/2 years. If they can't build a website that works, can't fulfill the promises made to pass the law, how the fuck do you figure another year is going to magically fix this abortion?

Damn, RW! You're a worse sycophant than Luddly.

Websites can be fixed, it is not the end of the world. People will eventually get their chosen policy. Its been a month....Obamacare will be here for generations

From alternet? Really? I'd need to see policies before and after. I guess what they are saying is that any change to the offered plan, perhaps as simple as changing the date would negate the grandfather clause. (which I had never heard of before)

ETA: And you're a worse sycophant that Rightwinger.

Yes, from alternet. Facts are facts. So sorry.

Yeah..he'll never have to be President again..and he going to have to deal with a Democratic Senate and House after 2014.

That's gonna leave a mark.

Sure.

Obama should have told republicans to go fuck themselves and that he was going with Medicare for all.

Using their plan was bullshit.

It's what the Democrats in Congress wanted.

And it probably would have passed.

My apologies. I wasn't clear. They passed exactly what they wanted. They wanted to help our their pals in the insurance industry more than they wanted to help their constituents.

You lefties are so cute when you're losing. Obama's fuck up was inevitable. He had no business being president in the first place but entitlement bound minorities and white-guilt handed him a silver platter and eventually enough rope to hang his own dismal legacy.

Obama's a very lame very toxic and duck. For all practical purposes - game over.

This is a line that I just don't get... What the hell does Obama have to lose? 3 years from now his public career is over no matter what else happens.

He's not done for, as the lamest duck in history, he's just done.

You lefties are so cute when you're losing. Obama's fuck up was inevitable. He had no business being president in the first place but entitlement bound minorities and white-guilt handed him a silver platter and eventually enough rope to hang his own dismal legacy.

Obama's a very lame very toxic and duck. For all practical purposes - game over.

A worthy and accurate read. Thanks, Meathead. You sum it all up succinctly and well. :thup:

Sure.

Obama should have told republicans to go fuck themselves and that he was going with Medicare for all.

Using their plan was bullshit.

"Their plan.." as if there was a single Republican vote for this monstrosity. The Democrats passed it, Obama signed it, Obama touted it as a great thing.

That you are trying to blame Republicans for something no Republican voted for shows just how low things have sunk.

Thousands of people have gotten insurance while millions of people have lost insurance.

You see this as a good thing? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back