Is There One Sound/valid Syllogistic Argument For The Existence Of God?

Are you saying something must have made the universe? Then what made the thing that made the universe? You can't have it both ways. If something must have made us, something must have made what made us. And since it takes a woman and a man to make something, there must be more than one god. Who are god's parents?

Did I say that?

No, I said that the argument is valid, you asked me why, and I laid out the reasons that make it valid, and even took the time to provide a link that explained the rules of logic. If you can't follow a simply conversation, and read the explanation included in it, I see no reason to treat you as anything but a close minded idiot.

Fun fact about logic, you can have it both ways.

Human sacrifice was a part of the religion of many cultures at one time, which effectively made it a part of their moral code.

One might argue, on the other hand, that human sacrifice is absolutely immoral.

Or you could argue that they were trading one for many, which would make it absolutely moral under your personal morality where the many always gets to tell the one what to do.

Human sacrifice was a part of the religion of many cultures at one time, which effectively made it a part of their moral code.

One might argue, on the other hand, that human sacrifice is absolutely immoral.

Or you could argue that they were trading one for many, which would make it absolutely moral under your personal morality where the many always gets to tell the one what to do.

So there's no absolute moral standard on the issue of human sacrifice.

You should be arguing with Rawlings then, not me.

People view a man who jumps on a grenade to save his friends as a hero. Funny thing, I bet you can't find a single person on this forum who will disagree with that, including you.

Maybe you should be arguing with yourself.

All I did is ask you what you meant. You claimed to know why I said what I said. All I would like to hear is why you think I said it.

I suggest you go back and reread your post, you never asked what I meant.

After that, you can reread mind and discover I never said I knew why you said what you did.

Don't worry though, you are still more intelligent than I am, which is why I can't confuse you.

People view a man who jumps on a grenade to save his friends as a hero. Funny thing, I bet you can't find a single person on this forum who will disagree with that, including you.

Maybe you should be arguing with yourself.

The issue is whether or not there are moral absolutes. Try to focus.

All I did is ask you what you meant. You claimed to know why I said what I said. All I would like to hear is why you think I said it.

I suggest you go back and reread your post, you never asked what I meant.

After that, you can reread mind and discover I never said I knew why you said what you did.

Don't worry though, you are still more intelligent than I am, which is why I can't confuse you.

You said

"You are correct, just not for the reasons you think".

you're claiming you know my reasons.

State them.

Forum List

Back