Is this Republican led Senate the most inept in American history?

So you chose not to go with cobra. And you failed to check your states availability of a high risk pool. Gotcha. And you want everyone else to suffer for your lack of action, because you were lazy.
1. I got it before the company I worked for sold to a larger company and laid me off and canceled my policy. Since the new company used different insurance, I was not given the option of paying to keep the policy.
2. Doesn't matter if you believe me.
3. I agree, but that didn't happen.
4. Wrong.

Who said I didn't do cobra for the 36 allowed months? You really don't know much about the defunct Texas high risk pool.do you? I understand that you are desperately trying to find some way to mark me as some bum who is somehow taking advantage of you. It just isn't so. I and many others needed ACA because there were no other options. Sorry if that doesn't match what rush told you.

Your situation could have been addressed and resolved without destroying the entire medical system with a government take-over. A simple one page bill could have resolved your issue.

You also need to face the reality that you are part of a tiny minority who have been caught between coverages with a pre-existing condition. ACA was massive overkill for a very small problem.

You are correct...a simple one page bill could have corrected our healthcare situation

Make Medicare available to all

Of course Republicans never would allow it

Actually it is pretty simple... The Government takes a little of everyone it is called National Insurance (actually US already pay enough in Taxes to day to cover this when compared to EU countries), it is itemised on your taxes as national insurance (it also covers sick leave).

The "Mediall" (Medicare for all) will cover everyone with basic insurance in shared wards and care by need base. People can then buy top up private insurance to have better conditions and access to private facilities (thus be able to queue jump)... I pay $100 a month in Ireland for this.

That's it... There is some other things but that is the start of the most basic thing

how many people are there in Ireland? How many illegals? How many on welfare? how many on food stamps? how many on unemployment?

The USA does not compare to Ireland in any way except our language. But I still don't know what 'blimey' means.

The USA is borrowing 40% of every dollar the government spends. Who is going to loan us the money to pay for socialized medicine?

ANOTHER right winger who doesn't understand without 60 votes to push through legislation AND 67 to override a Obama veto of stupid right wing bills like "repealing" ACA? lol

You know "power" in the Senate that ONLY means you have majority, NOT EXECUTIVE BRANCH SUPER DUPER POWERS (day to day running of Gov't!!!)

LOL, except when Reid changed the rules to pass obozocare with 60 votes. you libs are such hypocrites.

Changed the rules? lol

Oh right the same reconciliation Dubya/GOP used for BOTH his tax cuts!

Yeah, right. it was terrible when Bush did it, but great when Reid did it. OK ?????

Glad you agree, there was no change in how it was used Bubs

bullshit. Bush did not use it on a bill of the significance of ACA. Something that major shouid have been thoroughly debated and discussed in the open. Instead it was passed by dems only, in the dark of night, before anyone had a chance to read it. That was absolutely wrong.

I'm not an Obamacare fan, but the claim of the bush tax cuts passing on reconciliation is ... correct.
Bush tax cuts were passed with reconciliation's 50 votes

Yes, you are correct. and the american people are the victims of obama and his accomplishments.

But since you keep bringing it up. give us a list of the things he has personally done that help average americans.

HEALTH CARE!!!!

Oh, yeah. lets talk about obozocare.

Great.

Premiums, for those paying, have doubled
Deductibles are up
coverage is down
doctors are leaving medicine
hospitals are closing
the website doesn't work
Yes, for those who get it free, its great. But those people always got free medical care.

No one in the USA was denied medical care before obamacare. NO ONE.

This terrible law was not passed by dems to fix medical care, it was passed as the first step to nationalizing (socializing) medicine.

To call the worst legislation in the history of our nation an accomplishment just shows how indoctrinated with bullshit that you are.

I have insurance now when nobody would sell it to me before because of a
pre- existing condition. THANKS OBAMA!!!

Well good for you. Were you denied treatment before ACA? Did you go to a hospital and get sent home to die? Are you paying for your obozo insurance or getting it free?
Hey fish, perhaps the ACA has opened up the possibility of allowing you to get the downsides of those genetic traits of yours from generations of inbreeding reduced or even reversed. Its worth a shot! Do it for your Country, Fish!!!!

Thats really not an issue, but your attempt at juvenile humor is noted.

Now, if medical science could find a cure for the defective gene that causes liberalism, that would be a real boon to humanity.

the defective liberal gene is real. its been identified as DRD4. Look it up if you doubt me. You are carrying a defective gene.

LOL, except when Reid changed the rules to pass obozocare with 60 votes. you libs are such hypocrites.

Changed the rules? lol

Yeah, right. it was terrible when Bush did it, but great when Reid did it. OK ?????

bullshit. Bush did not use it on a bill of the significance of ACA. Something that major shouid have been thoroughly debated and discussed in the open. Instead it was passed by dems only, in the dark of night, before anyone had a chance to read it. That was absolutely wrong.

I'm not an Obamacare fan, but the claim of the bush tax cuts passing on reconciliation is ... correct.

I never said it wasn't. The reconciiliation procedure was designed for budget measures, not for massive bills that would change the entire medical system and how it is paid for.

Jroc simply thinks he can say things and people will believe it.

Premiums, for those paying, have doubled prove it
Deductibles are up how much
coverage is down for who
doctors are leaving medicine they all do eventually
hospitals are closing how many are opening
the website doesn't work that's a lie
Yes, for those who get it free, its great. But those people always got free medical care. no, they don't

No one in the USA was denied medical care before obamacare. NO ONE. that's a lie

And the far right wonders why they can't tear down the world

sorry, snarkey. But you are simply full of shit.
And the above is why you neo-cons and anti-Americans lose in national elections.
conservatives lose because snarkey is full of shit???????????????? Uh, ok.
Just like you did above, you lose because of your obvious lies.

I was just quoting you, doofus. I said that snarky is FOS and you said thats why "neo-cons" are losing elections. But since you made that stupid statement, were you around for the 2014 elections?

coverage is down for who
Yes, for those who get it free, its great. But those people always got free medical care. no, they don't

No one in the USA was denied medical care before obamacare. NO ONE. that's a lie

sorry, snarkey. But you are simply full of shit.
And the above is why you neo-cons and anti-Americans lose in national elections.
conservatives lose because snarkey is full of shit???????????????? Uh, ok.
Just like you did above, you lose because of your obvious lies.

I was just quoting you, doofus. I said that snarky is FOS and you said thats why "neo-cons" are losing elections. But since you made that stupid statement, were you around for the 2014 elections?
Yup, because you lie at the drop of a hat. The GOP mainstream did well in 2014 and the TPs were cut by half. They will be down to 10 after next year's primaries.

Jroc, your a liar. We all know that. You are not bright. We all know that. And you are fun to play with. Don't ever go away.

Last edited:
Changed the rules? lol

I never said it wasn't. The reconciiliation procedure was designed for budget measures, not for massive bills that would change the entire medical system and how it is paid for.
I've always thought the "orignination clause" complaint about Obamacare was sophomoric, but I thought that about Burwell, and 4 went for the sophomoric. But at the time the senate passed it, I thought the reconciliation use was .... not good. But, who'd expect Mass to elect a republican!? (-:

Speaker Boehner and Majority Leader McConnell would be able to accomplish more if they were not constantly fending off attacks from the party fringe. I think the people that run around screaming "rino! rino!" do more to hurt the Republican Party and stall their agenda than any Democrat could dream of. It's gotten to the point where the word primary is a verb in Republican politics. But I tip my hat to those two for dropping the gavel squarely on the heads of these political neophytes. Strip more of them from their committees so campaign funding dries up and block their legislation at every turn. Eventually they will give up and the adults can govern.

Speaker Boehner and Majority Leader McConnell would be able to accomplish more if they were not constantly fending off attacks from the party fringe. I think the people that run around screaming "rino! rino!" do more to hurt the Republican Party and stall their agenda than any Democrat could dream of. It's gotten to the point where the word primary is a verb in Republican politics. But I tip my hat to those two for dropping the gavel squarely on the heads of these political neophytes. Strip more of them from their committees so campaign funding dries up and block their legislation at every turn. Eventually they will give up and the adults can govern.
I think Boehner's days are numbered. The House gop is not moving closer to accepting compromise as a tool to get 65% what you want.

HEALTH CARE!!!!

Oh, yeah. lets talk about obozocare.

Great.

Premiums, for those paying, have doubled
Deductibles are up
coverage is down
doctors are leaving medicine
hospitals are closing
the website doesn't work
Yes, for those who get it free, its great. But those people always got free medical care.

No one in the USA was denied medical care before obamacare. NO ONE.

This terrible law was not passed by dems to fix medical care, it was passed as the first step to nationalizing (socializing) medicine.

To call the worst legislation in the history of our nation an accomplishment just shows how indoctrinated with bullshit that you are.

I have insurance now when nobody would sell it to me before because of a
pre- existing condition. THANKS OBAMA!!!

Well good for you. Were you denied treatment before ACA? Did you go to a hospital and get sent home to die? Are you paying for your obozo insurance or getting it free?
Hey fish, perhaps the ACA has opened up the possibility of allowing you to get the downsides of those genetic traits of yours from generations of inbreeding reduced or even reversed. Its worth a shot! Do it for your Country, Fish!!!!

Thats really not an issue, but your attempt at juvenile humor is noted.

Now, if medical science could find a cure for the defective gene that causes liberalism, that would be a real boon to humanity.

the defective liberal gene is real. its been identified as DRD4. Look it up if you doubt me. You are carrying a defective gene.
That shows originality, fish! :itsok:

coverage is down for who

what? You got Alzheimer old man? what's that got to do with the topic? :dunno:

coverage is down for who

And your admission of defeat is noted and filed.

Next.

You have a slim majority of republicans in the senate including a couple of rinos and a radical angry minority as well as a president who is off the charts and determined to ruin this Country. Democrats whined about filibuster on simple issues like appointments when they were in the majority and they even (illegally?) changed the rules. Now they invoke filibuster when the future of the world is at stake with Iraq as a nuclear power and you think the GOP is the problem? When you factor in the liberal media that never saw a democrat they didn't like and blame the GOP for shutting down the government when democrats won't budge on funding nazis who sell human body parts you must be crazy if you blame senate republicans for the mess the administration has made of this Country and the freaking world.

GOP does have a problem. Weak leadership too much crony capitalism... big problem

coverage is down for who

And your admission of defeat is noted and filed.

Next.

LOL..What? are you on the sauce?..What are talking about?

Jroc can't refute my points.

He admits defeat.

Son, you can't post assertions without proof (particularly you and Vigi because you are known liars) and expect anyone to do much more than laugh at you.

Pubs are happy with all the pander to the rich and giant corps, invest NOTHING in Americans policies they've defended to the death. It's the greedy idiot RW conspiracy....that's all they care about.

Both Parties do that. Who do you think will be funding both Party's Presidential Candidates? And your guy just signed a Trade Deal that only benefits large Corporate interests. He just condemned the American Worker to more misery. The deal was so bad, they tried desperately to keep it secret.
The trade deal will give us customers. It doesn't work because Pubs refuse to invest in programs to train tech workers and our unemployed, or anything for that matter. Mindless. The greedy idiot big money is overwhelmingly in the GOP, and they passed Citizens and defend corrupt big money campaign financing and Superpacs.

It's your guy's awful deal. Neither Party should have supported it. It's another NAFTA. American Workers will continue to suffer.

Dems don't support TPP, in fact 60% of Dems in Congress vote against ALL "free trade" agreements!

So you chose not to go with cobra. And you failed to check your states availability of a high risk pool. Gotcha. And you want everyone else to suffer for your lack of action, because you were lazy.
1. I got it before the company I worked for sold to a larger company and laid me off and canceled my policy. Since the new company used different insurance, I was not given the option of paying to keep the policy.
2. Doesn't matter if you believe me.
3. I agree, but that didn't happen.
4. Wrong.

Who said I didn't do cobra for the 36 allowed months? You really don't know much about the defunct Texas high risk pool.do you? I understand that you are desperately trying to find some way to mark me as some bum who is somehow taking advantage of you. It just isn't so. I and many others needed ACA because there were no other options. Sorry if that doesn't match what rush told you.

Your situation could have been addressed and resolved without destroying the entire medical system with a government take-over. A simple one page bill could have resolved your issue.

You also need to face the reality that you are part of a tiny minority who have been caught between coverages with a pre-existing condition. ACA was massive overkill for a very small problem.

You are correct...a simple one page bill could have corrected our healthcare situation

Make Medicare available to all

Of course Republicans never would allow it

Actually it is pretty simple... The Government takes a little of everyone it is called National Insurance (actually US already pay enough in Taxes to day to cover this when compared to EU countries), it is itemised on your taxes as national insurance (it also covers sick leave).

The "Mediall" (Medicare for all) will cover everyone with basic insurance in shared wards and care by need base. People can then buy top up private insurance to have better conditions and access to private facilities (thus be able to queue jump)... I pay $100 a month in Ireland for this.

That's it... There is some other things but that is the start of the most basic thing

"The Government takes a little of everyone it is called National Insurance (actually US already pay enough in Taxes to day to cover this when compared to EU countries),"

Not even close, the US fed tax system is about 17.6% of GDP, even when Carter/Clinton had US at 20% of GDP, we are nearly half of what EU nations pay in tax burdens

Yes, add in the "private market" screwing US over, we could have UHC like EVERY other industrialized nation. Those nations which no poll EVER has them wanting US style "H/C"!

You have a slim majority of republicans in the senate including a couple of rinos and a radical angry minority as well as a president who is off the charts and determined to ruin this Country. Democrats whined about filibuster on simple issues like appointments when they were in the majority and they even (illegally?) changed the rules. Now they invoke filibuster when the future of the world is at stake with Iraq as a nuclear power and you think the GOP is the problem? When you factor in the liberal media that never saw a democrat they didn't like and blame the GOP for shutting down the government when democrats won't budge on funding nazis who sell human body parts you must be crazy if you blame senate republicans for the mess the administration has made of this Country and the freaking world.

Like I said in another thread, please feel free to get the wingnu...er...Republicans to nuke the filibuster once and for all.

Please.

:)

did you see my post, 42 TRAITOROUS DEMORATS... | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum ...??

42 traitors who hate the Constitution and America. they should be deported to I-fucking-ran if they love it so damn much more than THE U.S.A. !!!!!

The Dems didn't have the power to stop anything without Mitch McConnell

ANOTHER right winger who doesn't understand without 60 votes to push through legislation AND 67 to override a Obama veto of stupid right wing bills like "repealing" ACA? lol

You know "power" in the Senate that ONLY means you have majority, NOT EXECUTIVE BRANCH SUPER DUPER POWERS (day to day running of Gov't!!!)

Changed the rules? lol

Actually, wasn't reconcilliation in the House? As far as the Senate goes, I'm pretty sure Harry Reid didn't have to change anything, since the 60-vote filibuster thing has been around for quite a while.

Forum List

Back