🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is Trump your president?

If he doesn't represent the individuals, the why are the individuals allowed to vote for or against him?

They vote, but each vote is not counted equally. There is this thing called the Electoral College.

Lol.

Imagine if the electoral college never existed. No individual vote would ever be counted equally. Ever. The biggest states would always determine the outcome of the election, leaving the smaller states with no say in who governs them.

But go ahead an continue supporting a popular vote. The will ensure the complete destruction of our democracy.

As it is now, more than 3 million were left with no say in who governs them.

Oh how pathetic.

Why, because a completely constitutional electoral system said the other guy was president?

What if Hillary won the electoral college, and the Republicans were making the same argument as yours?

You would be arguing for the electoral college. Not against it.

Please, don't lie.

Oh, my, look how you shift and sway in the wind. Going in whichever way it blows.

Oh my.Look how you make sit up and pretend that is what i said. You got problems there Bubba. You should get your therapist to help you find reality again.

There's a concept called inference. You don't seem to grasp it. Your words and behavior suggest such. Your hostile reaction proves my point.

It looks like Democrats in congress need a therapist, not me.

When people say Trump is not their president they are saying he does not represent their values and they do not support him. That doesn’t mean they are not a citizen of this country and part of a democracy where they have a voice and a vote in how our government operates.

Curious, where did I make the assertion that they weren't citizens?

Speed reading isn't your thing, Slade.

If you are a legitimate citizen of this country, nobody else presides over you as a citizen of this country but the President. Whether you voted for him or not, whether you say he isn't your president or not. He is still your president. You can say whatever you want. That doesn't mean reality has to bend to whatever comes out of your mouth.

Did you get all of that, genius?
Yeah got it. You take everything literally and do not understand nuance. I explained it as simply as I could. If you still don’t get it then that’s your problem. I tried.

... If that is your definition of "trying" then with all due respect... it was a piss poor one.

Instead of replying with sarcasm and condescension, perhaps answer the question next time.
I gave a very serious answer. Here read again...

When people say Trump is not their president they are saying he does not represent their values and they do not support him.

They vote, but each vote is not counted equally. There is this thing called the Electoral College.

Lol.

Imagine if the electoral college never existed. No individual vote would ever be counted equally. Ever. The biggest states would always determine the outcome of the election, leaving the smaller states with no say in who governs them.

But go ahead an continue supporting a popular vote. The will ensure the complete destruction of our democracy.

Oh how pathetic.

Why, because a completely constitutional electoral system said the other guy was president?

What if Hillary won the electoral college, and the Republicans were making the same argument as yours?

Please, don't lie.

Oh, my, look how you shift and sway in the wind. Going in whichever way it blows.

Oh my.Look how you make sit up and pretend that is what i said. You got problems there Bubba. You should get your therapist to help you find reality again.

There's a concept called inference. You don't seem to grasp it. Your words and behavior suggest such. Your hostile reaction proves my point.

The concept of overactive imagination fits you much better.

When people say Trump is not their president they are saying he does not represent their values and they do not support him. That doesn’t mean they are not a citizen of this country and part of a democracy where they have a voice and a vote in how our government operates.

If you are a legitimate citizen of this country, nobody else presides over you as a citizen of this country but the President. Whether you voted for him or not, whether you say he isn't your president or not. He is still your president. You can say whatever you want. That doesn't mean reality has to bend to whatever comes out of your mouth.

Yeah got it. You take everything literally and do not understand nuance. I explained it as simply as I could. If you still don’t get it then that’s your problem. I tried.

... If that is your definition of "trying" then with all due respect... it was a piss poor one.

Instead of replying with sarcasm and condescension, perhaps answer the question next time.

When people say Trump is not their president they are saying he does not represent their values and they do not support him.

Let's dig deeper into that statement.

If you say he is not your president, not only are you saying he doesn't represent your values and that you don't support him, you are inferring that you are not beholden to the constitutionally elected authority of the country you reside in.

Plain for everyone to see. Not only are you are acting in open defiance of that authority, you are spitting in the face of the people who voted for him. You know, because, one vote should mean more than another.

Last edited:
Lol.

Oh how pathetic.

Please, don't lie.

Prove me wrong. Defend yourself.

Or stop trying to sound smart. Your choice.

If you say he is not your president, not only are you saying he doesn't represent your values and that you don't support him, you are inferring that you are not beholden to the constitutionally elected authority of the country you reside in.

Plain for everyone to see. Not only are you are acting in open defiance of that authority, you are spitting in the face of the people who voted for him. You know, because, one vote should mean more than another.
I disagree. The statement doesn’t have anything about being beholden. It’s an expression to show you don’t support the guy. Simple. It’s not complicated.

I disagree. The statement doesn’t have anything about being beholden. It’s an expression to show you don’t support the guy. Simple. It’s not complicated.

Uh, and you were lecturing me on not understanding nuance?

I'll leave this right here.

Uh, and you were lecturing me on not understanding nuance?

I'll leave this right here.
I don’t put anything past some of the dumbasses I see on this board. I’m not that smart a guy and I can’t help but laugh at some of the stupidity I read.

Oh how pathetic.

Please, don't lie.

Prove me wrong. Defend yourself.

Or stop trying to sound smart. Your choice.

Not much need to defend myself from a goober like you. You decided you could really make a point, but only if you can get someone to word it exactly as you imagined.

Does this sound about right?

Someone else- "He's not my president"
You. "He's the elected president, and if he isn't your president then that means you hate the country, You're a Muslim, with bad hair, and your mother dresses you funny I WIN---YEH MEEEEEEEE!!!"

That will only work if you can get that someone to use the exact words you are hoping for.

For those continuing to say "Trump's not my president" it leads one to surmise...

If he isn't your president, then how can you possibly impeach him?

Americans haven't had anyone in the oval office puling for them for well over a generation

So your point is moot

~S~

For those continuing to say "Trump's not my president" it leads one to surmise...

Americans haven't had anyone in the oval office puling for them for well over a generation

So your point is moot

~S~
Well then. How abrupt.

Fair point though.

That is all.

(What, you expected another right wing rant groveling at Trump's feet? Too bad. It was me, Dio!)
Of course he is their president. Play the game, live with the consequences, four years later wash, rinse, repeat. The butthurt this time around is somewhat unique.

That is all.

(What, you expected another right wing rant groveling at Trump's feet? Too bad. It was me, Dio!)
Who is it that even says this?

Do I need to go into your comment archive and embarrass you again, Billy? Almost every left wing kook of your ilk on this board says things similar to this.
lol I never said that so go ahead and make a fool of yoursel.

That is all.

Who is it that even says this?
You're kidding right?
Like I get that there was a “not my president” thing people initially said as an emotional sort of protest, but it’s not like everyone who despises Trump says this. Even the people who did say it would still technically understand that he is the president. It’s just meant to come across as a symbolic condemnation, not as an actual claim he isn’t president. This entire thread is just stupid lol

Forum List

Back