🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Islam is NOT a religion.

And just what is the Christian hell?
Christian views on hell:

The most common New Testament term translated as "hell" is γέεννα (gehenna), a direct loan of Hebrew גהנום/גהנם (ge-hinnom). Apart from one use in James 3:6, this term is found exclusively in the synoptic gospels.[18][19][20] Gehenna is most frequently described as a place of fiery torment (e.g., Matthew 5:22, 18:8-9; Mark 9:43-49); other passages mention darkness and "weeping and gnashing of teeth" (e.g., Matthew 8:12; 22:13).[19]

Apart from the use of the term gehenna (translated as "hell" or "hell fire" in most English translations of the Bible; sometimes transliterated, or translated differently)[21][22][23] the Johannine writings refer to the destiny of the wicked in terms of "perishing", "death" and "condemnation" or "judgment". Paul speaks of "wrath" and "everlasting destruction" (cf. Romans 2:7-9; 2 Thessalonians), while the general epistles use a range of terms and images including "raging fire" (Hebrews 10:27), "destruction" (2 Peter 3:7), "eternal fire" (Jude 7) and "blackest darkness" (Jude 13). The Book of Revelation contains the image of a "lake of fire" and "burning sulphur" where "the devil, the beast, and false prophet" will be "tormented day and night for ever and ever" (Revelation 20:10) along with those who worship the beast or receive its mark (Revelation 14:11).[24]

The New Testament also uses the Greek word hades, usually to refer to the abode of the dead (e.g., Acts 2:31; Revelation 20:13).[5] Only one passage describes hades as a place of torment, the parable of Lazarus and Dives (Luke 16:19-31). Jesus here depicts a wicked man suffering fiery torment in hades, which is contrasted with the bosom of Abraham, and explains that it is impossible to cross over from one to the other. Some scholars believe that this parable reflects the intertestamental Jewish view of hades (or sheol) as containing separate divisions for the wicked and righteous.[5][24] In Revelation 20:13-14 hades is itself thrown into the "lake of fire" after being emptied of the dead.​
I know what the Bible says, but I wanted to know what you thought Christian hell was as you think it is comparable to the Quran's def. I believe you have hell and it's layers confused with the Lake of Fire. They are not the same.

re·li·gion
rəˈlijən/
noun
noun: religion
  1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
    "ideas about the relationship between science and religion"
    synonyms: faith, belief, worship, creed; More
    sect, church, cult, denomination
    "the freedom to practice their own religion"
    • a particular system of faith and worship.
      plural noun: religions
      "the world's great religions"
    • a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance.
      "consumerism is the new religion"

It ticks all the boxes. It's a religion.
It also ticks all the boxes of a murderous cult. No other religion, that I'm aware of, does that.
Most religions do.

It also ticks all the boxes of a murderous cult. No other religion, that I'm aware of, does that.
I bet Christians have killed more people in their history than have Muslims.

Nope. In fact the Crusades were organized to stop the Muslims from conquering and destroying everything in their path. Let's fast forward to now and see if we can pick the real culprit out of the two. What is the latest tally? How many children are being slaughtered at their desks by Christians?
When the Muslims aren't beheading us, they are beheading their own. Since their inception they have been evil:
Genesis 16:12
And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man....

Nope. In fact the Crusades were organized to stop the Muslims from conquering and destroying everything in their path. Let's fast forward to now and see if we can pick the real culprit out of the two. What is the latest tally? How many children are being slaughtered at their desks by Christians?
When the Muslims aren't beheading us, they are beheading their own. Since their inception they have been evil:

We can go on and on about this, present historical sources and scriptural quotes but to what point?

Let me ask you this - what specificially and succinctly defines a "Murderous Cult"?

Islam is a murderous cult all right. They follow a charismatic leader who incited them to battle and said Gods curse is on unbelievers. He said angels would fight at the side of Muslims in battle. Muhammad himself killed people, and he ordered people killed.

Islam is a murderous cult all right. They follow a charismatic leader who incited them to battle and said Gods curse is on unbelievers. He said angels would fight at the side of Muslims in battle. Muhammad himself killed people, and he ordered people killed.

So is your definition of a murderous cult:
charismatic leader
incitement to battle
Diety's intolerance of unbelievers
Claims that supernatural beings will fight on the side of the believers.
A prophet (or charismatic leader) who has killed other people.
A charismatic leader who ordered people killed.

?

I know what the Bible says, but I wanted to know what you thought Christian hell was as you think it is comparable to the Quran's def. I believe you have hell and it's layers confused with the Lake of Fire. They are not the same.
You might well be right but I'd guess there are as many visions of hell as there are Christians.

Church leaders of mediaeval times took Jesus’ picture of wretchedness literally. They preached of a judgment after death in which the wicked were thrown by devils into flames, while obedient churchgoers were lifted by angels into bliss. Pictures of this divide can still be seen on the walls of ancient churches.

We can go on and on about this, present historical sources and scriptural quotes but to what point?

Let me ask you this - what specificially and succinctly defines a "Murderous Cult"?
Their religion tells them over one hundrend times to do this:

Quran (5:33)
- "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them" No reasonable person would interpret this to mean a spiritual struggle.

Quran (8:15) - "O ye who believe! When ye meet those who disbelieve in battle, turn not your backs to them. (16)Whoso on that day turneth his back to them, unless maneuvering for battle or intent to join a company, he truly hath incurred wrath from Allah, and his habitation will be hell, a hapless journey's end."

Quran (8:39) - "And fight with them until there is no more fitna (disorder, unbelief) and religion is all for Allah"

Christ told his followers to kill whom? At their very core the two religions are polar opposites. Jesus gave us 1 rule. Love our Father and each other. You will find none of the above in the NT.

A murderous cult is a cult that orders killing until there is no more to kill.

Nope. In fact the Crusades were organized to stop the Muslims from conquering and destroying everything in their path.
I seem to recall an incident during the Crusades when Muslims conquered Jerusalem. They treated the conquered population very humanely. Soon after the Crusaders reconquered the city and put everyone to the sword.

You may find it convenient to skip over the long history of Christianity and I don't blame you for it. But you haven't convinced me I'm wrong.

Their religion tells them over one hundrend times to do this:

Quran (5:33)
- "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them" No reasonable person would interpret this to mean a spiritual struggle.

Quran (8:15) - "O ye who believe! When ye meet those who disbelieve in battle, turn not your backs to them. (16)Whoso on that day turneth his back to them, unless maneuvering for battle or intent to join a company, he truly hath incurred wrath from Allah, and his habitation will be hell, a hapless journey's end."

Quran (8:39) - "And fight with them until there is no more fitna (disorder, unbelief) and religion is all for Allah"

Christ told his followers to kill whom? At their very core the two religions are polar opposites. Jesus gave us 1 rule. Love our Father and each other. You will find none of the above in the NT.

A murderous cult is a cult that orders killing until there is no more to kill.

Like I said, we can quote cherry picked scriptural quotes endlessly....the OT is still valid and has never been repudiated by Christians. Within it we have a diety and prophets (honored in Christianity) who have killed, slaughtered and raped their way to religious victory. To complicate matters we have a prophet who is God incarnate...meaning he is personally responsible for those actions.

Likewise, in the Quran we have:
Some quotations from the Qur'an:
topbul1d.gif
Honor each other: "O mankind! We created you from a male and a female and made you into nations and tribes that you may know and honor each other (not that you should despise one another). Indeed the most honorable of you in the sight of God is the most righteous." Chapter 49, Verse 13
topbul1d.gif
God loves the kind: "God does not forbid you to be kind and equitable to those who have neither fought against your faith nor driven you out of your homes. In fact God loves the equitable." Chapter 60, Verse 8
topbul1d.gif
About Jesus: "And in their [the earlier prophets] footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the law that had come before him. We sent him the Gospel, therein was guidance and light and confirmation of the law that had come before him, a guidance and an admonition to those who fear God." Chapter 5, Verse 46
topbul1d.gif
Good and evil: "Whoever recommends and helps a good cause becomes a partner therein, and whoever recommends and helps an evil cause shares in its burden." Chapter 4, Verse 85
topbul1d.gif
Reaction to evil: "Repel (evil) with what is better. Then will he, between whom and thee was hatred, become as it were thy friend and intimate. And no one will be granted such goodness except those who exercise patience and self-restraint." Chapter 41, Verse 34 and 35
topbul1d.gif
Do good: "Be quick in the race for forgiveness from your Lord, and for a Garden (paradise) whose width is that of the heavens and of the earth, prepared for the righteous - Those who spend (freely), whether in prosperity or in adversity, who restrain (their) anger and pardon (all) men - for God loves those who do good." Chapter 3, Verses 133-134
topbul1d.gif
Reward for righteousness: "Whoever works righteousness, man or woman, and has faith, verily, to them will We give a new Life, a life that is good and pure, and We will bestow on such their reward according to the best of their actions." Chapter 16, Verse 97
topbul1d.gif
Acts of compassion: "And what will explain to you what the steep path is? It is the freeing of a (slave) from bondage; or the giving of food in a day of famine to an orphan relative, or to a needy in distress. Then will he be of those who believe, enjoin fortitude and encourage kindness and compassion." Chapter 90, Verses 12-17

It's going to be tough to define a "murderous cult" based on this without a significant moving of goal posts and revising of definitions.

Christ told his followers to kill whom? At their very core the two religions are polar opposites. Jesus gave us 1 rule. Love our Father and each other.
Christ and Mohammed may be polar opposites (I don't believe this) but their religions are strikingly similar in their histories. Noble words, foul deeds.

Christ told his followers to kill whom? At their very core the two religions are polar opposites. Jesus gave us 1 rule. Love our Father and each other.
Christ and Mohammed may be polar opposites (I don't believe this) but their religions are strikingly similar in their histories. Noble words, foul deeds.

The spring from the same roots and reflect the cultural attributes of the times. I think there are a lot of similarities between Mohammed and Jesus, and a lot of differences as well. It's their followers that are usually problematic.

Then refer to the ones in the Bible.
Here is who Hell was created for:
Matthew 25:41
Then He will say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

And here is a conversation with someone in hell:
Luke 16:22-26
“The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’
“But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.

And here is the end of hell:

Revelation 20: 13-14
And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire.

I hope that helps clarify some questions.

Nope. In fact the Crusades were organized to stop the Muslims from conquering and destroying everything in their path.
I seem to recall an incident during the Crusades when Muslims conquered Jerusalem. They treated the conquered population very humanely. Soon after the Crusaders reconquered the city and put everyone to the sword.

You may find it convenient to skip over the long history of Christianity and I don't blame you for it. But you haven't convinced me I'm wrong.

I don't justify my faith by overlooking man's inhumanity to man. Christ is the pattern to follow, not man. He said kill no one. Allah says kill everyone. Islam is a religion, complete with prophets and a god. Here is what the Saudis say Islam is:

What Do Muslims Believe?
Muslims believe in One, Unique, Incomparable God; in the Angels created by Him; in the prophets through whom His revelations were brought to mankind; in the Day of Judgement and individual accountability for actions; in God's complete authority over human destiny and in life after death.

If Christianity is considered a religion, so must Islam fall under the same description.

I don't justify my faith by overlooking man's inhumanity to man. Christ is the pattern to follow, not man. He said kill no one. Allah says kill everyone. Islam is a religion, complete with prophets and a god. Here is what the Saudis say Islam is:

What Do Muslims Believe?
Muslims believe in One, Unique, Incomparable God; in the Angels created by Him; in the prophets through whom His revelations were brought to mankind; in the Day of Judgement and individual accountability for actions; in God's complete authority over human destiny and in life after death.

If Christianity is considered a religion, so must Islam. fall under the same description.

Allah does not say kill everyone.

What Do Muslims Believe?

If Christianity is considered a religion, so must Islam. fall under the same description.

Allah does not say kill everyone.

You are correct. His followers are just suppose to kill the rest of us:

That's what "fight with them" means. Kill them. It is how they are to achieve peace on earth. Problem is they kill their own as well, so good luck with that plan...

Forum List

Back