Isn't the timing of Buttigeig's dropping out suspect

Pete is smart and actually cares about the country. Kind of refreshing. He would do a good job in an administration that brought him in, and it would be good experience on the national level for him. I don't think America is finished with Pete Buttigeig. Hope that party recognizes a keeper (seemingly out of the blue) when they see it.

I disagree wholeheartedly on his character, but he is a good politician, so I would imagine he would be good at whatever job they gave him within the framework of the Democrats' goals.
Is that based on the homosexual thing or did he do something corrupt in conducting business for the public trust while mayor?

It's actually based on listening to him and watching him campaign. He's a sanctimonious, power-grubbing piece of crap . . . which admittedly doesn't make him any different from the majority of politicians.

But hey, thanks for trying to assuage your own homophobia by projecting it onto me. Next time, have the stones to admit your hyperconsciousness of others' sexuality yourself.
No didn't mean it like that. It is just, that is what many on this board are referring to as their main objection other than being a living breathing democrat. Sanctimonious? Both of us notice the image he is trying to project. Nobody. especially politicians are only what they say and he definitely seems to wants to project jack Armstrong the all American Boy for truth, justice and the American way. I just haven't heard any dirt on him. Nobody bothered to publicize much dirt. I think that is because they thought the homosexuality thing and lack of experience on the national stage was enough prevent him from having a chance and maybe they were right. I personally don't care who anybody sleeps with as long as it's not in my yard or pool. I don't understand it, but don't have to understand it. At least he apparently in a committed monogamous relationship. If true, that puts his moral outlook ahead to DJT by far.

What dirt could the guy have? He's about 13 years old, and his entire resume consists of being a mayor of a rinky-dink backwater city in Indiana. What are they gonna dig up? Kickbacks on street sweeping contracts?

Meanwhile, you are spending way more time ASSuming homosexuality is everyone's focus just because it apparently is yours. "You don't like him, and he's gay, so you must dislike him because he's gay." How about he's a person, and I can - and do - dislike him the same way I do any other person, because he's an ass?
You got me wrong Cecillie. I think he was one of the more intelligent, well spoke, level headed moderates on the national stage during this primary season and presented himself well and majorly welcomed his voice. I do not care who other people are attracted to or choose to make their life with. I do not presume judging that, to be my right. I assumed nothing. For many (mostly on the right) of this board it was a common reason to dislike, without evaluation, a gate they could not pass. He simply lacks the relevant experience in higher level government. Overall, he seems to have done a good job as Mayor of that small but well known city, and was an intuitive campaigner for the highest position in our government. He would have been a talented amateur at that level, but an amateur, none the less. After trump, we need a professional who knows the ins and outs of government at all levels, and the ability to build coalitions of support on both sides of the aisle, some by skills and experience, some by having had working relationships with Senators and Representatives, worked with over many years, the ability to communicate with people and advocacy groups at many different strata of the political landscape across the country. Pete is simply not there yet. Joe is the way to go. Amateur hour is not an option at this time, in my (not that) humble, and considered by my own measuring stick, opinion.

Does anyone find Pete Buttigeig dropping out before Super Tuesday just a little suspect? Would this not free up his supporters to vote for Biden and keep Bernie from winning more delegates?

Because of the way primary rules work in the DNC, and for that matter, maybe even in the GOP, one had to go from the moderate group if they expected any chance to stop BERNARD in California from running away with it.

We must all understand, that the DNC has swallowed its fate of a brokered convention, and that is NOW the goal, not pushing a moderate to win the nomination outright, but to FORCE a brokered convention.

The moderate as the DNC standard bearer? That my friends, will be taken care of in Milwaukee!

It was Biden's winning by a large margin in SC that led to what happened on Super Tuesday. Buttigieg dropping out did nothing. He was still on the ballot so voters could have still voted for him. `

There is not going to be a brokered convention. Sanders is going to get whacked in Florida, Georgia, Louisiana and Mississippi. Sanders has no such state.

Pete is smart and actually cares about the country. Kind of refreshing. He would do a good job in an administration that brought him in, and it would be good experience on the national level for him. I don't think America is finished with Pete Buttigeig. Hope that party recognizes a keeper (seemingly out of the blue) when they see it.

I disagree wholeheartedly on his character, but he is a good politician, so I would imagine he would be good at whatever job they gave him within the framework of the Democrats' goals.
Is that based on the homosexual thing or did he do something corrupt in conducting business for the public trust while mayor?

It's actually based on listening to him and watching him campaign. He's a sanctimonious, power-grubbing piece of crap . . . which admittedly doesn't make him any different from the majority of politicians.

But hey, thanks for trying to assuage your own homophobia by projecting it onto me. Next time, have the stones to admit your hyperconsciousness of others' sexuality yourself.
No didn't mean it like that. It is just, that is what many on this board are referring to as their main objection other than being a living breathing democrat. Sanctimonious? Both of us notice the image he is trying to project. Nobody. especially politicians are only what they say and he definitely seems to wants to project jack Armstrong the all American Boy for truth, justice and the American way. I just haven't heard any dirt on him. Nobody bothered to publicize much dirt. I think that is because they thought the homosexuality thing and lack of experience on the national stage was enough prevent him from having a chance and maybe they were right. I personally don't care who anybody sleeps with as long as it's not in my yard or pool. I don't understand it, but don't have to understand it. At least he apparently in a committed monogamous relationship. If true, that puts his moral outlook ahead to DJT by far.

What dirt could the guy have? He's about 13 years old, and his entire resume consists of being a mayor of a rinky-dink backwater city in Indiana. What are they gonna dig up? Kickbacks on street sweeping contracts?

Meanwhile, you are spending way more time ASSuming homosexuality is everyone's focus just because it apparently is yours. "You don't like him, and he's gay, so you must dislike him because he's gay." How about he's a person, and I can - and do - dislike him the same way I do any other person, because he's an ass?
By the way, opposition can always find or make up dirt (real or "Trumped up" totally) on anybody anytime and find a receptive audience and echo chamber to blow it out of proportion to advantage their political ends.

By the way, opposition can always find or make up dirt (real or "Trumped up" totally) on anybody anytime and find a receptive audience and echo chamber to blow it out of proportion to advantage their political ends.

Yep. Remember the Pizzagate scandal? They were passing around a story about how a child sex ring was being run out of the basement of a pizza place. Only problem is, the pizza place didn't have a basement, nor was there a child sex ring being ran out of it.

You got me wrong Cecillie. I think he was one of the more intelligent, well spoke, level headed moderates on the national stage during this primary season and presented himself well and majorly welcomed his voice. I do not care who other people are attracted to or choose to make their life with. I do not presume judging that, to be my right. I assumed nothing. For many (mostly on the right) of this board it was a common reason to dislike, without evaluation, a gate they could not pass. He simply lacks the relevant experience in higher level government. Overall, he seems to have done a good job as Mayor of that small but well known city, and was an intuitive campaigner for the highest position in our government. He would have been a talented amateur at that level, but an amateur, none the less. After trump, we need a professional who knows the ins and outs of government at all levels, and the ability to build coalitions of support on both sides of the aisle, some by skills and experience, some by having had working relationships with Senators and Representatives, worked with over many years, the ability to communicate with people and advocacy groups at many different strata of the political landscape across the country. Pete is simply not there yet. Joe is the way to go. Amateur hour is not an option at this time, in my (not that) humble, and considered by my own measuring stick, opinion.

Given that you continue to ramble on and on about his sexual orientation, I think I've got you exactly correct.

Which is demonstrated by all the dirt that came up about Pope Pete . . . oh, wait a minute, you already admitted that didn't happen.

Pope Pete lost because he and his positions and policy proposals weren't appealing . . . same as when he ran for state office in Indiana and lost.

Which is demonstrated by all the dirt that came up about Pope Pete . . . oh, wait a minute, you already admitted that didn't happen.

Pope Pete lost because he and his positions and policy proposals weren't appealing . . . same as when he ran for state office in Indiana and lost.
His positions were not that different from Biden, the current electoral leader and Klobuchar, who also dropped out and like Pete, immediately endorsed Biden. You refer him as "Pope Pete" for his self projection of the moral, adult, walking into a food fight persona, and like his other credentials? (if you can call his short public record credentials) for operations at that level, seemed like unfoundedly projecting too good to be true, but lacking time and exposure of enough previous offices to prove it. I doubt we have seen the last of him on the government/political stage.

His positions were not that different from Biden, the current electoral leader and Klobuchar, who also dropped out and like Pete, immediately endorsed Biden. You refer him as "Pope Pete" for his self projection of the moral, adult, walking into a food fight persona, and like his other credentials? (if you can call his short public record credentials) for operations at that level, seemed like unfoundedly projecting too good to be true, but lacking time and exposure of enough previous offices to prove it. I doubt we have seen the last of him on the government/political stage.

I'm not exactly thrilled with the positions of Biden or Klobuchar, either.

I refer to him as Pope Pete because he's a sanctimonious asswad who likes to pretend he's more righteous than other people by the simple effect of declaring his behavior the "correct" way to be a Christian, which he - being more intelligent and theologically versed than all of humanity since Biblical times - has sussed out.

I don't have a lot of patience with people who barge into a religion and declare that everyone else is doing it wrong and has been doing it wrong for millennia, and they are going to "fix" it . . . by which they mean just declare whatever they want to do as okay.

Well, we don't really need to worry about anyone other than Biden or Sanders. And, if you ask me, I think the Dems are going to pick Biden.

Forum List

Back