Israel and weapons of mass destruction

So WHEN the Arabs take back the land, which they inevitably will, you won't be whining about it, then?

Whining? Seems to me you people are the whiners:eusa_eh:

Only in so far as I don't like seeing my tax dollars go to subsidize religious fantasies...
I actualy feel bad for those folks. When the Arabs do eventually win, it ain't going to be pretty for them.

Yeah.. I wouldn't like that either.

The thing is, I doubt you want to return to Belarus.

As for Iran getting a nuke, I think that's probably inevitable. I don't think they'd give it to a terrorist group for the same reason we never gave one of our nuke to the Contra or the Mujahadeen.

why not? we had property there that was left behind because of pogroms. it had a lot of value and i want it.

or do jews not get do-overs? only muslims...

I would take that up with the Belarus government, then.

Frankly, I'd have no problem if we carved a Jewish state out of Europe. Maybe in Russia or Spain or Germany or some other country with a lot of bad behavior towards them.

But the Arabs didn't do anything but have the bad luck to live on the land that their fairy stories said they once owned. And the west was feeling really bad about the whole thing.

It's like if I said, "I feel so bad about slavery, I'm going to give you Jillian's TV Set. "

It's really easy to be remorseful with other people's stuff.

Frankly, I'd have no problem if we carved a "Palestinian" state out of Egypt. Maybe in Saudi Arabia or Jordan or some other country that likes them?

why not? we had property there that was left behind because of pogroms. it had a lot of value and i want it.

or do jews not get do-overs? only muslims...

Frankly, I'd have no problem if we carved a Jewish state out of Europe. Maybe in Russia or Spain or Germany or some other country with a lot of bad behavior towards them.

But the Arabs didn't do anything but have the bad luck to live on the land that their fairy stories said they once owned. And the west was feeling really bad about the whole thing.

It's like if I said, "I feel so bad about slavery, I'm going to give you Jillian's TV Set. "

Frankly, I'd have no problem if we carved a "Palestinian" state out of Egypt. Maybe in Saudi Arabia or Jordan or some other country that likes them?

Likes them? nobody likes them it seems. They are simply pawns for use by the haters

Whining? Seems to me you people are the whiners:eusa_eh:

Only in so far as I don't like seeing my tax dollars go to subsidize religious fantasies...
I actualy feel bad for those folks. When the Arabs do eventually win, it ain't going to be pretty for them.

Well, pretty much what Israel is, isn't it?

God Promised us this land. That's why you have to give that to us rather than have a homeland in Europe where we came from.

Likes them? nobody likes them it seems. They are simply pawns for use by the haters

I know nobody likes them, you know nobody likes them, but dummy is clueless.

God Promised us this land. That's why you have to give that to us rather than have a homeland in Europe where we came from.

Nah...the modern state of Israel was founded by secular Jews look it up.

The US sees Israel as a strategic asset and it is interested in Israels survival.
Which doesn't make a bit of sense.

Defending and siding with Israel does not make a bit of sense.

Israel only causes the U.S. problems with other nations.

And we get nothing back in return for our investment.

To call Israel a strategic asset is ludicrous and flies in the face of reality. :doubt:

Israel only causes the U.S. problems with other nations.
By other Nations do you mean the Democratic republic of Iran , or Perhaps democratic Syria , or maybe even the democratic Saudi Arabia?

To call Israel a strategic asset is ludicrous and flies in the face of reality.
False, If war should break out with Islamic countries, Israel being the only true democratic country in the region is and excellent outlet for the United states thus being a strategic asset.

Actually, it was started by some British people who wanted some colonists to help them control the land. The British empire could mess up a wet dream.

But if you accept the premise that European Jews deserve a homeland because European Christians treated them like shit, then why steal land from Middle-Eastern Muslims.

1) Because their holy books say God gave them THAT stretch of land.
2) Because hey, the Europeans had the Muslims under their boot.

It's pretty much like me saying, "Hey Bob. I feel really bad about the shitty way I treated you. Here's a Widescreen TV."

"Ummm, isn't this Sam's Widescreen TV?"

"Well, uh, yeah, it is. He might come around looking for it after I beat him up to give it to you."

Actually, it was started by some British people who wanted some colonists to help them control the land. The British empire could mess up a wet dream.

But if you accept the premise that European Jews deserve a homeland because European Christians treated them like shit, then why steal land from Middle-Eastern Muslims.

1) Because their holy books say God gave them THAT stretch of land.
2) Because hey, the Europeans had the Muslims under their boot.

It's pretty much like me saying, "Hey Bob. I feel really bad about the shitty way I treated you. Here's a Widescreen TV."

"Ummm, isn't this Sam's Widescreen TV?"

"Well, uh, yeah, it is. He might come around looking for it after I beat him up to give it to you."

Wrong... although the Brits did screw the Jews, thurst for Arab oil will do that to you

What the British did was send a bunch of Jews over there when they thought the sun would never set on their empire.

Then they realized the Arabs would be damned pissed about someone taking their land, and they backed off.

Uh, yeah. It was Arab land. Sorry, learn to deal.

The "Palestinians" never had their own country. The Arabs lost it. Sorry, learn to deal.

The number of Palestinians will be more than the number of Israelis at some point. When that happens, bye-bye Israel... and good riddance.

Learn to deal.

So basically you agreed that your argument about 'Uh, yeah. It was Arab land. Sorry' is not true and now you are saying 'well in a few years there will be more Palestinians then Israelis'

So Let me get it straight , are you saying that Israels survival thus far was due to the superior numbers of Jews ?

History proves that Israel had participated in wars against countries with much larger population then their own.

It is disappointing me to see that you think the only resolution to the conflict is another war.

If indeed the Palestinians share your view and wait until their numbers are greater than the Jews numbers waiting to drive them to the sea,it legitimize Israels concern for security.

Last edited:
What the British did was send a bunch of Jews over there when they thought the sun would never set on their empire.

Then they realized the Arabs would be damned pissed about someone taking their land, and they backed off.

Humm...Yeah right..Learn history boy, and none of your posts support your contention that you only care about U.S. Tax money, you're pretty clear with your hate:eusa_shhh:
Failed Promises
Despite the support of certain British political figures, the British Foreign Ministry and others were generally much more pro-Arab, and the British government got busy carving out Arab countries from the lands of the Ottoman Empire.

Through their efforts the country of Iraq was created in 1921. It was a monarchy with Faisal ibn Hussein, the son of Hussein the Sherif of Mecca, as king. Soon thereafter Iraqi oil started to flow to the West.

Iraq has the second largest known oil reserves in the world (after Saudi Arabia) and it is no wonder the British were interested in having a bond with this country as well as other oil-rich Arab states.

Another country created by the British in 1922 was Jordan. In 1923, the British installed Abdullah ibn Hussein, another son of the Sherif of Mecca, as emir of the new country called Trans-Jordan, later Jordan. Jordan was confined to the East Bank of the River Jordan and did not include any part of the West Bank. (Jordan encompassed 75% of the total area of the British Mandate. In 1922 the British separated this territory from the mandate territory on the west bank of the Jordan River (which they called Palestine) and made it off-limits to Jewish settlement.)

Why were the sons of the Sherif of Mecca made rulers of these countries?

The British wanted alliances with all the Arab kingdoms. They had shored up support for the Ibn Saud of the Arabian Peninsula, who had fought the Turks alongside them. Ibn Saud got Saudi Arabia.

But when that happened, the British had to pay off the Hussein Sherif of Mecca, who was in charge of the Islamic holy sites and who had also sided with British against the Ottomans in WW I. (The Hussein family are Hashemites, the tribe of Mohammed, the founder of Islam, and have been traditionally the keepers of Holy City of Mecca.)

They had to give him and his children some land, so they gave them Iraq and Trans-Jordan ― the land on the East Bank of the River Jordan.

King Abdullah of Jordan was not adverse to the creation of a Jewish State and even met secretly with members of the Jewish Agency.. He paid for his moderation with his life when he was gunned down by an assassin on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem on July 20th, 1951. His brother, King Faisal I of Iraq, was also willing to live at peace with a Jewish State and even welcomed the return of the Jewish people to the land of Israel

No Israel

Yet despite all this country-making, and despite the Balfour Declaration, the British could not get around to creating a country called Israel.

Why not?

There was a clear British bias against the Jews as is readily apparent to anyone who has studied the series of White Papers issued by the British government in the 1920s and 1930s.

The reasons for this bias were:

•The British had to deal with the issue of an Arab majority living in what was left of Palestine. They came up with all kinds of partition plans all of which were rejected by the Arabs. (Not all Arabs were opposed; King Faisal of Iraq signed an agreement with Chaim Weizman calling for peace and cooperation.)

•Many members of the British government and military were clearly anti-Semitic and had a romantic/patronizing attitude toward the Arabs.
•The Arabs had oil and England needed oil. In the final analysis, the British had to take into consideration what was in their best interest. Looking after their strategic interests and placating tens of millions of Arabs was more important in their eyes than saving a few hundred thousand Jews, even though this went against the conditions of the mandate that they were granted in 1920

History Crash Course #64: The British Mandate

Last edited:
Iran has threatened Israel.
Israel has never declared to wipe Iranians off the map.
But Khomeini and Ahmadinejad have said that the occupying regime (Israel) must be wiped off the map because they can't compromise over the issues of Palestine.
Israel has every right to protect it's people.

Have you considered that Iran isn't so much anti-Israel as much as that Israel is a democracy?

You don't get to call yourself a "Democracy" when only one group gets to vote.

If Israel were a democracy, it vote itself out of existance because half the population doesn't want to be "Israel".

Israel isn't a democracy? What is it?

And yet Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan have muslims killing their own people in anything but democracies.

Have you considered that Iran isn't so much anti-Israel as much as that Israel is a democracy?

You don't get to call yourself a "Democracy" when only one group gets to vote.

If Israel were a democracy, it vote itself out of existance because half the population doesn't want to be "Israel".

Israel isn't a democracy? What is it?

An apartheid state, like South Africa. Happy to clear that up for you.

Forum List

Back