Israel: Running Out Of Time?

Could American/NATO Troops Secure Peace In Israel?

• Yes

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Maybe, depends on the planning and execution

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
A

americanexpo

It is with a great degree of sadness that I have to register this sad fact: the democratic, Jewish Israel I believed in is dying a slow, agonizing death. It has been killed by its leaders, by its past mistakes and by the lack of vision of the West. The only positive note I can make is that there is still time to avert this disaster, but it will take an amazing amount of luck and bravery, two things that are scarce in this continuing tragedy.

Why do I say this?

- Israel is going to be stuck between two impossible choices and one hardly bearable option if it continues on its present path.
choice a) with the final surge of Palestinian births, the Palestinians will greatly outnumber the Israelis in the disputed area of Palestine (part of which is Israel). The Israelis will be stuck with an ungovernable population of hostile Palestinians, in effect a 21st century version of apartheid South Africa. Israel becomes even more of a pariah state, and the very democratic, Jewish nature of Israel is destroyed.
choice b) Israel absorbs the Palestinians into the Israeli nation, and "one man, one vote" takes place and Israel ceases to be a majority Jewish nation, more Arab than Jewish, more Palestinian than Israeli.
choice c) The international community imposes a peace settlement on both sides, with the city of Jeruselem declared custody of all peoples of the world (i.e. the UN or some governing body) that is administered by a triumverate of Christian, Jewish and Muslim clerics. Most of Israel's settlements are abandoned, and the Palestinians have a small state with which to build a new future. Israel is guaranteed its security by a permanent NATO military presence, including a US Navy strike group out of Hafia and a US Marine base in the Negev desert.

It is my sincere hope that at some point in the next few years, an American administration will come to this last option and enact it, because it is the only way to prevent Israel from having to choose options 1 or 2.

I like

option d)Arafat is scuttled. He and his terrorist cronies have failed for the last twenty years to find victory, when they have been a handshake away from it twice. He is past due by years for elections. A non-terrorist that is able to participate at the negotiations table, with the goal of peace between Israel and a new Palestinian state, is elected. Israel continues to destroy the palestinian jihadi leadership, to the disappointment of the EU. The surrounding ME countries, accept the right of return of the palestinians that originated from their lands. The palestinian birthrate returns to a rational, practical level. The palestinian state becomes less corrupt with the exit of arafat and is better able to direct its funds. Ten years from now a palestine with a stable population rate, and its own non-radical universities merges with Israel.

But don't forget Muammar Gadafi's take

It's a read

I also think it wouldn't be necessary for NATO troops to be in Israel for Israel to find security. The best tactic would be to attack terrorist camps in Syria and Lebanon, cut off the arms supplies to them from Iran, and let Israel do the neutralizing they've been doing right now in Israel Palestine.

Originally posted by americanexpo

It is with a great degree of sadness that I have to register this sad fact: the democratic, Jewish Israel I believed in is dying a slow, agonizing death. It has been killed by its leaders, by its past mistakes and by the lack of vision of the West. The only positive note I can make is that there is still time to avert this disaster, but it will take an amazing amount of luck and bravery, two things that are scarce in this continuing tragedy.

Israel has survived with and without mankind's help for the past 3,316 years since Aaron brought the Hebrews into their long promised land.

The course of the Holy land is determined not by current events but by its improbable existence against all odds. Israel will survive long after the nations of the earth have changed and waned in the history during the same 3,316 years.

Israel has survived with and without mankind's help for the past 3,316 years since Aaron brought the Hebrews into their long promised land.

I thought Aaron died prior to the crossing of the Jordan, reference Deuteronomy chapter 10. Why credit Aaron instead of Joshua?

Originally posted by walwor
I thought Aaron died prior to the crossing of the Jordan, reference Deuteronomy chapter 10. Why credit Aaron instead of Joshua?

I stand corrected. Aaron, Moses brother died in the desert before the children of Israel entered Canaan.

Why do I say this?

- Israel is going to be stuck between two impossible choices and one hardly bearable option if it continues on its present path.
choice a) with the final surge of Palestinian births, the Palestinians will greatly outnumber the Israelis in the disputed area of Palestine (part of which is Israel). The Israelis will be stuck with an ungovernable population of hostile Palestinians, in effect a 21st century version of apartheid South Africa. Israel becomes even more of a pariah state, and the very democratic, Jewish nature of Israel is destroyed.
choice b) Israel absorbs the Palestinians into the Israeli nation, and "one man, one vote" takes place and Israel ceases to be a majority Jewish nation, more Arab than Jewish, more Palestinian than Israeli.
choice c) The international community imposes a peace settlement on both sides, with the city of Jeruselem declared custody of all peoples of the world (i.e. the UN or some governing body) that is administered by a triumverate of Christian, Jewish and Muslim clerics. Most of Israel's settlements are abandoned, and the Palestinians have a small state with which to build a new future. Israel is guaranteed its security by a permanent NATO military presence, including a US Navy strike group out of Hafia and a US Marine base in the Negev desert.

It is my sincere hope that at some point in the next few years, an American administration will come to this last option and enact it, because it is the only way to prevent Israel from having to choose options 1 or 2.
ehat would you say today?

Why do I say this?

Nonsense. Israel has no interest in governing the Palestinians. It will merely install measures to prevent the Palestinians from attacking Israel and allow them to govern themselves on other matters. You are merely repeating Arafat's propaganda that the Palestinians will one day win because Palestinian women will give birth to more babies than Israeli women, but the result will be that Palestinian areas will become more crowded, not that Israel will have to take responsibility for the lack of birth control among the Palestinians.

The overwhelming support among the Palestinians for Hamas and especially for the Oct 7 attack shows clearly that a one state or two state "solution" are absurdities, and Israel will have to maintain tight enough security control over the territories until the Palestinians lose all hope of defeating Israel for as long as it takes. No one is going to rescue the Palestinians from themselves unless and until they are ready to make peace with Israel.

Forum List

Back