Israel's influential Rabbi Ovadia Yosef dead at 93

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorry sis, but only anti-Semites and Neo-Nazis post anything with David Duke as the source.

you made a bad move. I was on your side, until I saw this.

Now I will let the Neo-Zionists attack and defame you with impunity.

shalom, chaver.

......but Im still glad the old racist fool is dead. He's with Hitler, his father.

He is quoting words of rabbis, to include the rabbi we are discussing, and providing his sources, and that is why I posted the video.

This does raise an issue, though, and that is that none of us are simply good or evil, not the rabbi who died who we are discussing, or the man who made the video I posted.

Where do we stand with God by the time we reach the end of our lives?

That is what really matters, I think.

And when it comes down to it, I cannot answer as to the rabbis relationship with God at the end of his life.

Good God Frau Sherri. Your own supporters call you a Neo Nazi and anti-Semite and that you made a bad move and you still don't get the message? You are creaming your burka over a dead Jew and in your ecstasy you believe that everyone will view David Duke as a credible source? God you're an evil person.

I have not lost my mind.

I do not have a rabbit ass mind.

And I do not have my head up any rabbi's ass.

That is where Zionists like you live.

And one more point, real believers in Christ believe once upon a time a man died on a cross for all, all includes Rabbi Yosef and David Dukes.

To the God I believe in, all of our lives have value, and we can do evil but there is an opportunity for redemption for every person, too.

I think about the Apostle Paul, he once was the Pharisee Saul who hunted down Christians to kill. Then, he accepted Jesus as Messiah and became the Apostle Paul.

Last edited:
Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, in his own words

(Read article summary)By*Dan Murphy,*Staff writer / October 7, 2013

http://m.csmonitor.com/World/Securi...2013/1007/Rabbi-Ovadia-Yosef-in-his-own-words

There is no doubt that Yosef is a major figure in Israeli political and social history – he arrived in Israel at the age of four, in the mid-1920s, and the power of the political movement he built is responsible for the public praise he's garnering today. But Yosef's undisguised bigotry and religious political extremism could also prove awkward for politicians like Mr. Netanyahu, who just last week complained that Iranians aren't allowed to wear jeans or listen to Western music by the country's own religious extremists (never mind that neither of his assertions were true).

Netanyahu has been campaigning of late against any rapprochement between the US and*Iran, warning that seeming Iranian willingness to negotiate over its nuclear program is a trap and that the Islamic Republic's leaders are fundamentally unstable and untrustworthy."They’re governed by Ayatollah Khamenei. He heads a cult. That cult is wild in its ambitions and its aggression,” Netanyahu told NBC last week. In his speech at the UN last month, he complained of the "fanaticism" of Iran's religiously based state.

Yet he and many Israeli leaders embrace and praise Yosef, the Baghdad-born cleric who served as Israel's chief Sephardi rabbi for a decade before focusing on direct political power. His religiously inspired views have given more political power to clerics in Israel, and his ultimate agenda frightened non-Jews.*For instance, in 2010 he said in a weekly Saturday night sermon that the sole purpose God put non-Jews on earth was to be servants to Jews."Goyim (gentiles, non-Jews) were born only to serve us. Without that, they have no place in the world – only to serve the People of Israel," he said, according to the Jerusalem Post. "Why are gentiles needed? They will work, they will plow, they will reap. We will sit like an*effendiand eat. That is why gentiles were created." An "effendi" is a lord, or a master, in Arabic.Yosef also favored the large number of ultra-Orthodox men who eschew modern education, focus only on Torah study, and are exempted from military service in Israel while largely subsisting on government handouts.It was his comments about non-Jews that were the ugliest. In 2010he said of*Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and the people he leads that "all these evil people should perish from this world. God should strike them with a plague, them and these Palestinians."

That sort of rhetoric, when heard from Arab or Iranian clerics directed towards Israelis or Jews in general is usually (and rightly) harshly condemned by Israeli leaders like Netanyahu as beyond the pale.

I have not lost my mind.

And one more point, real believers in Christ believe once upon a time a man died on a cross for all, all includes Rabbi Yosef and David Dukes.

To the God I believe in, all of our lives have value, and we can do evil but there is an opportunity for redemption for every person, too.

I think about the Apostle Paul, he once was the Pharisee Saul who hunted down Christians to kill. Then, he accepted Jesus as Messiah and became the Apostle Paul.

I'm David Duke and I approve this message. :cuckoo:

ADL slams Shas spiritual leader for saying non-Jews 'were born to serve Jews'

Rabbi Ovadia Yosef says in Saturday sermon that 'Goyim have no place in the world - only to serve the People of Israel'; ADL chief calls Yosef's words 'hateful' and 'divisive'

The Anti-Defamation League on Tuesday condemned comments about non-Jews made this past weekend by Shas spiritual leader Rabbi Ovadia Yosef.In a sermon given on Saturday on laws concerning what non-Jews are permitted to do on Shabbat, Yosef said: "Goyim [non-Jews] were born only to serve us. Without that, they have no place in the world – only to serve the People of Israel.""Why are gentiles needed? They will work, they will plow, they will reap. We will sit like an effendi and eat."According to Yosef, death has "no dominion" over non-Jews in Israel."With gentiles, it will be like any person - they need to die, but [God] will give them longevity. Why? Imagine that one’s donkey would die, they’d lose their money. This is his servant... That’s why he gets a long life, to work well for this Jew.”

On Tuesday, the ADL said that Yosef's comments contributed "to an atmosphere of hatred and a global trend of intolerance.""It is disturbing to see any religious leader, and particularly Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, use their podium to preach such hateful and divisive ideas," ADL chief Abraham H. Foxman said."In a world where bigotry and prejudice are prevalent, it is especially important for religious leaders to use their influence to teach respect and acceptance," he continued.

ADL slams Shas spiritual leader for saying non-Jews 'were born to serve Jews' Israel News - Haaretz Israeli News source

ADL slams Shas spiritual leader for saying non-Jews 'were born to serve Jews'

Rabbi Ovadia Yosef says in Saturday sermon that 'Goyim have no place in the world - only to serve the People of Israel'; ADL chief calls Yosef's words 'hateful' and 'divisive'

The Anti-Defamation League on Tuesday condemned comments about non-Jews made this past weekend by Shas spiritual leader Rabbi Ovadia Yosef.In a sermon given on Saturday on laws concerning what non-Jews are permitted to do on Shabbat, Yosef said: "Goyim [non-Jews] were born only to serve us. Without that, they have no place in the world – only to serve the People of Israel.""Why are gentiles needed? They will work, they will plow, they will reap. We will sit like an effendi and eat."According to Yosef, death has "no dominion" over non-Jews in Israel."With gentiles, it will be like any person - they need to die, but [God] will give them longevity. Why? Imagine that one’s donkey would die, they’d lose their money. This is his servant... That’s why he gets a long life, to work well for this Jew.”

On Tuesday, the ADL said that Yosef's comments contributed "to an atmosphere of hatred and a global trend of intolerance.""It is disturbing to see any religious leader, and particularly Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, use their podium to preach such hateful and divisive ideas," ADL chief Abraham H. Foxman said."In a world where bigotry and prejudice are prevalent, it is especially important for religious leaders to use their influence to teach respect and acceptance," he continued.

ADL slams Shas spiritual leader for saying non-Jews 'were born to serve Jews' Israel News - Haaretz Israeli News source
Yeah? And many Christian leaders in the US and elsewhere claim that if you aren't a Christian, you are going to hell when you die. Yet that pales in comparison to the disgusting hatred and violence that comes out of Muslim leaders and religious figures. :clap:

So, hate of rabbis is justified because Christians and Muslims hate, too?

No. Claiming to be outraged over this rabbi's hate speech and then citing David Duke's spewage as a source is hypocritical in the extreme.

As is never condemning the many vile lies spewed by 'moderate' Muslim clergy and secular leaders but excoriating all of Judaism over the vile remarks of one rabbi or another.

Incidentally, it's a particular canard of lying Jew-haters to pretend that 'Jews have to obey what their rabbis tell them' or any such thing. A rabbi - ANY rabbi - is a teacher and not a priest. No rabbi has any more authority than anyone is willing to give them, and the ONLY time a Jew is 'bound' to accept what a rabbi tells them is on the rare occasion when one makes a formal request for a ruling of halachah (Jewish religious law) on some topic or other. One is forbidden to go for a 'second opinion' in such a situation.

Interesting, Rabbi Yosef and David Dukes were/are both men who have been accused of hating.

this thread waxes amusing----the isa-respecting pigs ---still dancing on the dead bodies
of the hundreds of millions murdered by their kith and kin-----are desperate to
PULL OUT OF A HAT----some tidbit against a 93 year old rabbi who NEVER
harmed anyone or who ever ADVOCATING harming anyone The piece of scum
who CELEBRATES the accidental deaths of young jews ---the most DESPERATE to
find something ----upon which to clasp her filthy bloody paws

Here is what a Jewish Journal says about Yosef.

Rav Ovadia Yosef Was Provocative Bigot

News of the death of Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, a towering religious and political figure in Israel,*plunged millions into mourning.Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Yosef “was imbued with love for Torah and his people.” President Shimon Peres cut short a meeting with Czech Prime Minister upon hearing of Rav Ovadia’s death. Ordinary people fainted with emotion ...

Even amid this outpouring, we should not forget Yosef’s true colors: He was a racist and inflammatory bigot.It is true that Yosef was an instrumental and often lenient religious arbitrator throughout his decades-long career. He famously ruled that widows of Isreali soldiers who went missing in the 1973 Yom Kippur War should be allowed to remarry. When large number of Soviet Jews arrived in Israel in the 1970’s and it was unclear if they were really Jewish by traditional, rabbinic standards, Yosef found a way to ensure that they would be accepted as legitimate members of the Jewish community.At the same time, we should not be blinded by his political or religious importance to his shameful discriminatory language. When Hurricane Katrina struck in 2005, Yosef said black Americans brought the disaster on themselves.“There are terrible natural disasters because there isn’t enough Torah study,” he said. “Black people reside there (in New Orleans) Blacks will study the Torah? (God said), ‘let’s bring a tsunami and drown them.”The rabbi’s offensive talk was not limited to the African American community. In 2007, Yosef explained that some Israeli soldiers are killed in battle because they are not observant enough.“Is it any wonder if, heaven forbid, soldiers are killed during war?” he asked. “They don’t observe the Sabbath, they don’t observe the Torah, they don’t put on Tefillin every day.”

Read more:*Rav Ovadia Yosef Was Provocative Bigot ? Forward Thinking ? Forward.com

By*Aaron Magid

Last edited:
Interesting, Rabbi Yosef and David Dukes were/are both men who have been accused of hating.

Religion fosters hate of the other.

That certainly appears true of rabbi yosef.

Do not really know about David Dukes, if that is true of him.

Sherri I am fascinated can you give me some more insight into YOUR
insight into the mind of R' Ovadia Yosef??? or into his gross actions or
incitements to actions against anyone------
I have to admit-----you seem to KNOW a lot more about him than do I.
To me he has seemed a bit of an ABSTRACT FIGURE -----a bit eccentric.
As to his "INFLUENTIALNESS" ----just what is it you allege he INFLUENCED?.
If I remember correctly he did a great job stirring the POT when it came to
tiddly wink level quibbles between ------the ASHKENAZI and MIZRACHI
sectors of the peanut gallery------but I may be wrong. As far as I know---
no one got shot----or punched ---or bled........

I like the way he DRESSED------but I think that the special stuff was only
on special occassions

Religion fosters hate of the other.

That certainly appears true of rabbi yosef.

Do not really know about David Dukes, if that is true of him.
I guess it is not strange that Frau Sherri never mentions those Islamic clerics who are busy ranting and raving from their pulpits to kill the Infidels. She certainly learned her lessons well at that mosque in Reseda to never blame anything on any Muslim cleric.
Rav Ovadia Yosef: A personal eulogy | Opinion | Jewish Journal

I guess it is not strange that Frau Sherri never mentions those Islamic clerics

If there are such persons this doesnt mean this is islam . There is no such a rule in Islam as kill the infidels .

But your rabbit completely reflect your religion , he dont says anything different , he say what judaism teach him .

these both are not the same things .

I have not lost my mind.

Paul KILLED christians? can you name a few christians Paul KILLED?
Most scholars believe Paul was a greek who converted to Judaism ----he
converted to Judaism in order to kill christians? By what means did he kill them?
Since Paul lived in the times of ROMAN RULE----how could have legally executed
christians-------Christian scholars claim that jews could not execute people under
Roman rule ----other wise they would not have had to force PONTIUS
PILAGE to crucify Jesus---------I am so glad you are here to explain, sherri dear

Have you lost your rabbit ass mind?

I have not lost my mind.

Paul KILLED christians? can you name a few christians Paul KILLED?
Most scholars believe Paul was a greek who converted to Judaism ----he
converted to Judaism in order to kill christians? By what means did he kill them?
Since Paul lived in the times of ROMAN RULE----how could have legally executed
christians-------Christian scholars claim that jews could not execute people under
Roman rule ----other wise they would not have had to force PONTIUS
PILAGE to crucify Jesus---------I am so glad you are here to explain, sherri dear

Stephen is one.

From Christian Hunter To Hunted Christian

by*Wayne BlankSee also*1 Year Holy Bible Reading PlanPrior to his conversion (see*The Cure For The Carnal Mind), to say that Saul disliked Christians would be a gross understatement. Saul was a*persecutor*andkiller*of Christians."7:59*And they stoned*Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit [see*Giving Up The Ghost].*7:60*And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep [see*What Happens When You Die?].8:1*And Saul was consenting unto his death" (Acts 7:59-60,8:1 KJV)"9:1*And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord [see*Disciples of Christ], went unto the high priest,*9:2And desired of him letters to*Damascus*to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem." (Acts 9:1-2 KJV)But one day, while on one of his Satanic journeys (i.e. "that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world" Revelation 12:9 KJV and "the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ" Revelation 12:17 KJV), Saul was transformed into one of the people that he thought, because he was misled and deceived ("4:18*Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart" Ephesians 4:18 KJV), he so fiercely hated. It was*Jesus Christ*Himself that struck Saul down to open his eyes (see also*When Their Eyes Were Opened).

http://www.keyway.ca/htm2010/20100828.htm

Last edited:
I guess it is not strange that Frau Sherri never mentions those Islamic clerics

If there are such persons this doesnt mean this is islam . There is no such a rule in Islam as kill the infidels .

But your rabbit completely reflect your religion , he dont says anything different , he say what judaism teach him .

these both are not the same things .
Some of the Muslim women like Nox are so silly. Has it ever occurred to you, Nox, that there are people posting here who are not Jewish so they have no Rabbis. However, I think many viewers here realize that those Muslims like Nox will never admit that there are many of their own clergy who get up in their pulpits and rant and rage against non Muslims and even Muslims of different sects. Have any Muslims seen any Rabbis rant and rave against the Ashkenazi Jews or the Sephardic or Mizrahi Jews to kill them. This is no doubt why we see the Shiites and the Shiites busy murdering each other in addition to non Muslims. Tell us, Nox, why priests are being murdered in the country in which you reside. Do the Muslim Turks really have that much against the Orthodox Christians? Perhaps they think of them the same way as the Muslims in Egypt think about the Christian Copts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back