It looks as though Miami will be unaffected...

The weather channel and the federal and state and local officials were quick to cover their asses and tell everyone to get on the road and head north but it's likely that the politicians and the weather people had helicopters standing by. What happens to families in overheated cars or when they have flat tires and when they are stuck in twelve hour traffic jams? What happens to a family with an infant and dirty diapers and hungry kids who have to piss in bottles in front of each other on the road to nowhere? Will anybody apologize to them if it was all for naught?

As opposed to not issuing an evacuation order, having Irma hit Miami directly, and dozens of those same people ending up homeless or dead?

After what just happened in Texas, and with the power of this hurricane, of course the government is going to be cautious. It's an understandable desire to both keep people safe and cover their asses.
Let people make their own choices… they chose to live there

Was anyone forcibly removed from Miami? I'm not sure of the law in Florida and Miami regarding evacuation orders, but it seems to me that there are always people who stay in their homes and ignore such orders.
The mainstream media/government should keep their opinions to themselves then...

Now the media shouldn't report on severe weather, and government shouldn't inform the public of possible danger? Is this just a troll thread? :eusa_think:

Yep. OP is so desperate for attention he wants to repopulate Miami.
And I think he should do just that, and find out exactly how "unaffected" he is in a day or two.

As opposed to not issuing an evacuation order, having Irma hit Miami directly, and dozens of those same people ending up homeless or dead?

After what just happened in Texas, and with the power of this hurricane, of course the government is going to be cautious. It's an understandable desire to both keep people safe and cover their asses.

Was anyone forcibly removed from Miami? I'm not sure of the law in Florida and Miami regarding evacuation orders, but it seems to me that there are always people who stay in their homes and ignore such orders.
The mainstream media/government should keep their opinions to themselves then...

Now the media shouldn't report on severe weather, and government shouldn't inform the public of possible danger? Is this just a troll thread? :eusa_think:

And I think he should do just that, and find out exactly how "unaffected" he is in a day or two.
Like I said, wind speed is going to be around 70 mph and the storm surge of a couple feet for miami... this is from the National Weather Service.
Pretty much perfect conditions for looters

The media should have no say one way or the other… Let the people make their choices for themselves
Um.....when did the people NOT make the choices for themselves?

Oh wait.....you believe because the media reported on the hurricane they were FORCING people to leave? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Your reading comprehension is lacking, The media should just report not opine...
that is what I've said all along

Like I said, wind speed is going to be around 70 mph and the storm surge of a couple feet for miami... this is from the National Weather Service.

Oh please. If you ordered a box of a dozen clues it would be your first ten. You clearly know absolute squat about hurricanes or natural disasters.

I evacuated for Katrina on August 28 with my GF. By the time we were allowed back into the city it was October. Know how much either of our houses or my car had been looted?

Zero. Same for everybody I know.

Your head's up your ass with storm surges of both feet.

STORM SURGE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT for MIAMI ... Forecast: 45-60 mph with gusts to 80 mph - Window for Tropical Storm force winds...

Oh please. If you ordered a box of a dozen clues it would be your first ten. You clearly know absolute squat about hurricanes or natural disasters.

I evacuated for Katrina on August 28 with my GF. By the time we were allowed back into the city it was October. Know how much either of our houses or my car had been looted?

We are talking about Miami… lol

No, right there we were talking about paranoid fantasies of "looting" and your abject mindlessness.

No, right there we were talking about paranoid fantasies of "looting" and your abject mindlessness.
Nonetheless, evacuation seems to be absolutely unnecessary… LOL

The weather channel and the federal and state and local officials were quick to cover their asses and tell everyone to get on the road and head north but it's likely that the politicians and the weather people had helicopters standing by. What happens to families in overheated cars or when they have flat tires and when they are stuck in twelve hour traffic jams? What happens to a family with an infant and dirty diapers and hungry kids who have to piss in bottles in front of each other on the road to nowhere? Will anybody apologize to them if it was all for naught?

If they end up dead on the road somewhere the statistics will be indicated as hurricane related deaths and if they end up homeless they would have been homeless either way. It's kind of funny that the media pretty much supports the antics of adrenaline junkies who risk their lives in crazy stunts or sports or other nonsense for fame or fortune but a family that declines to leave their homes and possessions to looters and risk an uncertain future in a 24 hour traffic jam is ridiculed and criticized.

I'm not saying anyone should be ridiculed for staying in their homes, but this idea that an evacuation order for a hurricane that was Category 5 at the time, expected to hit Miami hard, and after having just seen portions of Texas devastated by a hurricane, was some sort of terrible thing, sounds ludicrous.

Personally I'd say that climbing Mt. Everest past a half acre of strewn bodies of people who died on the mountain is ludicrous. Driving 150 mph on a NASCAR track is ludicrous. Chasing tornadoes is ludicrous and diving with white sharks is ludicrous but the media makes money from it and therefore nobody is criticized and in fact they are mourned as heroes when they are killed. Everything is politics and no politician wants to be thought of as negligent and therefore every family that chooses to remain is ridiculed. That's the way the system works. You almost gotta laugh that we haven't heard much from Senator Rubio regarding health care or taxes or immigration or much of anything he was hired to deal with but today he appeared along side the Florida governor and advised the people of Florida not to get hit by a falling tree and then he hopped in his helicopter and returned to D.C.

If they end up dead on the road somewhere the statistics will be indicated as hurricane related deaths and if they end up homeless they would have been homeless either way. It's kind of funny that the media pretty much supports the antics of adrenaline junkies who risk their lives in crazy stunts or sports or other nonsense for fame or fortune but a family that declines to leave their homes and possessions to looters and risk an uncertain future in a 24 hour traffic jam is ridiculed and criticized.

I'm not saying anyone should be ridiculed for staying in their homes, but this idea that an evacuation order for a hurricane that was Category 5 at the time, expected to hit Miami hard, and after having just seen portions of Texas devastated by a hurricane, was some sort of terrible thing, sounds ludicrous.

Personally I'd say that climbing Mt. Everest past a half acre of strewn bodies of people who died on the mountain is ludicrous. Driving 150 mph on a NASCAR track is ludicrous. Chasing tornadoes is ludicrous and diving with white sharks is ludicrous but the media makes money from it and therefore nobody is criticized and in fact they are mourned as heroes when they are killed. Everything is politics and no politician wants to be thought of as negligent and therefore every family that chooses to remain is ridiculed. That's the way the system works. You almost gotta laugh that we haven't heard much from Senator Rubio regarding health care or taxes or immigration or much of anything he was hired to deal with but today he appeared along side the Florida governor and advised the people of Florida not to get hit by a falling tree and then he hopped in his helicopter and returned to D.C.
Bingo!!!
Political correctness has FUBARed this country, fuck the village/collective… It does the individual no good

It looks as though 80 to 85 mph winds and a storm surge of couple of feet... and what the people have to look forward to on their return... Looting

What a fucking pain in the ass, leave it up to the mainstream media just fucking up people's lives...

Did the mainstream media order an evacuation? I was under the impression it was the local Miami-Dade government.
It's a progressive government in Miami Dade, the relationship between the mainstream media and the government there is incestuous at best...
. So this is political with you ?
The controlling nature of progressive governments is all about politics in control peoples lives
. Can't apply that thought to everything though. Pick your battles more wisely. This battle chosen was unwise by you.

213811_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

OP is a fucking idiot.

If they end up dead on the road somewhere the statistics will be indicated as hurricane related deaths and if they end up homeless they would have been homeless either way. It's kind of funny that the media pretty much supports and celebrates the antics of adrenaline junkies who risk their lives in crazy stunts or sports or other nonsense for fame or fortune but a family that declines to leave their homes and possessions to looters and risk an uncertain future in a 24 hour traffic jam is routinely ridiculed and criticized. You can bet your ass that the Weather channel adrenaline junkies have a helicopter standing by and the politicians ain't about to give a lift to a family with a flat tire while they fly by.
. Stop embarrassing yourself.. Please !

Its funny every winter up here I get snowed in a few times for a week or more… preparation is key to survival.
I would not even consider evacuating - I know the snow is coming days ahead of time... it's 80 miles plus of gravel roads to the nearest town for me. Most times its at or below zero with 50-100 mph winds with feet of snow.
Never once have I relied on the government… LOL

. Looting will be inevitable, it's a given in these situations. Just hope that the law enforcement controls that situation as best as they can when it comes. The crazy thing is that looters end up looting their own poor communities. Nothing changes really.

Its funny every winter up here I get snowed in a few times for a week or more… preparation is key to survival.
I would not even consider evacuating - I know the snow is coming days ahead of time... it's 80 miles plus of gravel roads to the nearest town for me. Most times its at or below zero with 50-100 mph winds with feet of snow.

Judging by this thread you're lucky to be alive at all since you also have never relied on a brain.

Speaking of which, why is this thread in "Politics"? Oh wait, see sentence one.

. Looting will be inevitable, it's a given in these situations. Just hope that the law enforcement controls that situation as best as they can when it comes. The crazy thing is that looters end up looting their own poor communities. Nothing changes really.

No it isn't at all a "given". Doesn't work that way. It's a myth propagated by an asscrack who can't even read (or link) a hurricane map. So bereft of intellect that he equates it to a snowstorm. :rolleyes:

. If your structure was weak or unsafe, you would get the heck out. Maybe you can't afford to get out ? What's up with you ?

Forum List

Back