It looks as though Miami will be unaffected...

Like I said, wind speed is going to be around 70 mph and the storm surge of a couple feet for miami... this is from the National Weather Service.
Pretty much perfect conditions for looters

Oh please. If you ordered a box of a dozen clues it would be your first ten. You clearly know absolute squat about hurricanes or natural disasters.

I evacuated for Katrina on August 28 with my GF. By the time we were allowed back into the city it was October. Know how much either of our houses or my car had been looted?

Zero. Same for everybody I know.

Your head's up your ass with storm surges of both feet.
We are talking about Miami… lol

No, right there we were talking about paranoid fantasies of "looting" and your abject mindlessness.
. Looting will be inevitable, it's a given in these situations. Just hope that the law enforcement controls that situation as best as they can when it comes. The crazy thing is that looters end up looting their own poor communities. Nothing changes really.

No it isn't at all a "given". Doesn't work that way. It's a myth propagated by an asscrack who can't even read (or link) a hurricane map.
. Every disaster where catostrophic damage occurs, you have looting. If you say no, then you are being dishonest.

Oh please. If you ordered a box of a dozen clues it would be your first ten. You clearly know absolute squat about hurricanes or natural disasters.

I evacuated for Katrina on August 28 with my GF. By the time we were allowed back into the city it was October. Know how much either of our houses or my car had been looted?

No, right there we were talking about paranoid fantasies of "looting" and your abject mindlessness.
. Looting will be inevitable, it's a given in these situations. Just hope that the law enforcement controls that situation as best as they can when it comes. The crazy thing is that looters end up looting their own poor communities. Nothing changes really.

No it isn't at all a "given". Doesn't work that way. It's a myth propagated by an asscrack who can't even read (or link) a hurricane map.
. Every disaster where catostrophic damage occurs, you have looting. If you say no, then you are being dishonest.

Nope, I'm speaking from experience. Six weeks out of town -- no looting, no B&E, nothing taken at all. The only exception being my GF's neighbors on the ground floor who elected to stay and found themselves floating in their own bed, so they broke into her apartment upstairs so they could do things like eat and not-drown until they could be rescued by a helicopter. But nobody calls that "looting".

That's because when the shit is hitting the fan it's doing so for everybody, the honest and the dishonest, and they're all looking for shelter. When that's over and it's safe to come out, the authorities have it covered.

I came back to a city with no electricity at all, no traffic lights, no police, no water, no gas, no nothing. Everything was there exactly as we left it. Including my car.

The OP is, again, a clueless dolt who apparently lives in the Yukon and has never seen a hurricane in his miserable attention-whoring life.

Its funny every winter up here I get snowed in a few times for a week or more… preparation is key to survival.
I would not even consider evacuating - I know the snow is coming days ahead of time... it's 80 miles plus of gravel roads to the nearest town for me. Most times its at or below zero with 50-100 mph winds with feet of snow.
Never once have I relied on the government… LOL

Judging by this thread you're lucky to be alive at all since you also have never relied on a brain.

Speaking of which, why is this thread in "Politics"? Oh wait, see sentence one.
The nanny state has made America weak... lol

The mainstream media abandons Miami because they "know" now it is not Ground Zero… after they told everybody to evacuate the place. :FIREdevil:
The Weather Service made the prediction
The media only reported it

Its funny every winter up here I get snowed in a few times for a week or more… preparation is key to survival.
I would not even consider evacuating - I know the snow is coming days ahead of time... it's 80 miles plus of gravel roads to the nearest town for me. Most times its at or below zero with 50-100 mph winds with feet of snow.
. If your structure was weak or unsafe, you would get the heck out. Maybe you can't afford to get out ? What's up with you ?
I have a modest nice home, that can handle anything thrown at it up here sure I lose power for days at a time and that sort of deal but it's part of living up here. Ranchers and farmers have been doing it for over a century why should I be any different?

Like I said, wind speed is going to be around 70 mph and the storm surge of a couple feet for miami... this is from the National Weather Service.
Pretty much perfect conditions for looters

No it isn't at all a "given". Doesn't work that way. It's a myth propagated by an asscrack who can't even read (or link) a hurricane map. So bereft of intellect that he equates it to a snowstorm. :rolleyes:
STORM SURGE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR MIAMI ... Forecast: 45-60 mph with gusts to 80 mph - Window for Tropical Storm force winds: until...

We get much worse weather than this up here several times a winter and spring... lol

Nope, I'm speaking from experience. Six weeks out of town -- no looting, no B&E, nothing taken at all. The only exception being my GF's neighbors on the ground floor who elected to stay and found themselves floating in their own bed, so they broke into her apartment upstairs so they could do things like eat and not-drown until they could be rescued by a helicopter. But nobody calls that "looting".

That's because when the shit is hitting the fan it's doing so for everybody, the honest and the dishonest, and they're all looking for shelter. When that's over and it's safe to come out, the authorities have it covered.

I came back to a city with no electricity at all, no traffic lights, no police, no water, no gas, no nothing. Everything was there exactly as we left it. Including my car.

The OP is, again, a clueless dolt who apparently lives in the Yukon and has never seen a hurricane in his miserable attention-whoring life.
. Good for you and your experience, but it doesn't reflect an overall situation, and there are areas that aren't as fortunate as yours may have been. Looting is real.

The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

. If your structure was weak or unsafe, you would get the heck out. Maybe you can't afford to get out ? What's up with you ?
I have a modest nice home, that can handle anything thrown at it up here sure I lose power for days at a time and that sort of deal but it's part of living up here. Ranchers and farmers have been doing it for over a century why should I be any different?
. You judge everything on your personal experiences ? Please stop.

To heck with the weather report scaring us.. If that crazy Jim Cantori shows up outside your home with a mic in his hand, TAKE COVER.

. You judge everything on your personal experiences ? Please stop.
Na, everyone that lives up here goes through the same thing several times a winter. And no one evacuates... nor is expected too

I'd be pissed if I evacuated...

Ignorant about hurricanes I see. Not surprising. Anyone who has not experienced a big storm has no clue about their strength. Seeing Miami now on T.V., with 12 hours before it hits the maximum is eye opening.

Just trolling aren't you?

I was snowed in for 3 1/2 weeks from the storm with no power and I lived through it...
92a3146e-90ad-4e05-8925-9670bccb639b.jpg

1b6aa904-47e1-4d3c-b235-69f0996403a7.jpg

Snow2.jpg

Afterwards... dead cattle tens of thousands of them all across the area..
2013storm2.jpg

2 1/2 miles north of my house at the neighbors that is me taking the picture...
e6f5a-2013storm3.jpg

2013storm5.jpg

102113.a.gfh.aftermathbelow.jpg

My wife...
atlas-10-02-14-4.jpg

The beginning... first hour and half.
86c98fe4-58d9-4cf7-89e8-80ced3ca4e23_500.jpg

Last edited:
A part of me wants to disagree with mandatory evacuations, but we aren't the ones who have to clean up the bodies. Sticking around despite every warning is selfish.

With a mandatory evacuation, they don't come carry you out of your house kicking and screaming. It indicates the severity of the warning. If you demand to stay, you are warned to not call 911 if anything goes South. No one will be responding. Some Miami Beach residents say they're safe in their 10th or 20th floor modern condominium. So when the electricity goes off and the elevators don't work and water systems are shut down in those building, not going to be comfy. Temperatures in the 90's with nearly 100% humidity and then come the mosquitoes.

Personally I'd say that climbing Mt. Everest past a half acre of strewn bodies of people who died on the mountain is ludicrous. Driving 150 mph on a NASCAR track is ludicrous. Chasing tornadoes is ludicrous and diving with white sharks is ludicrous but the media makes money from it and therefore nobody is criticized and in fact they are mourned as heroes when they are killed. Everything is politics and no politician wants to be thought of as negligent and therefore every family that chooses to remain is ridiculed. That's the way the system works. You almost gotta laugh that we haven't heard much from Senator Rubio regarding health care or taxes or immigration or much of anything he was hired to deal with but today he appeared along side the Florida governor and advised the people of Florida not to get hit by a falling tree and then he hopped in his helicopter and returned to D.C.

So you live a boring life. Why brag about it?

Forum List

Back