IT WAS INEVITABLE: Speech control moves from the campus to the workplace

There has long been restrictive speech at your place of work. This is not something new.

You will also notice that Mac isn't all that concerned with the speech of those who are routinely passed over, talked over, or relegated to the sidelines - women in particular. Just curtailing the attention-hoggers, fast-talkers, and loudmouths trying to domineer every discussion, that is impermissible!

But, as you say, restricting speech in the workplace is as much a freedom of speech issue as is the refusal to provide neo-Nazis and other haters a platform at campuses, that is, not at all. Doesn't put a damper on his whining, though.

There has long been restrictive speech at your place of work. This is not something new.

You will also notice that Mac isn't all that concerned with the speech of those who are routinely passed over, talked over, or relegated to the sidelines - women in particular. Just curtailing the attention-hoggers, fast-talkers, and loudmouths trying to domineer every discussion, that is impermissible!

But, as you say, restricting speech in the workplace is as much a freedom of speech issue as is the refusal to provide neo-Nazis and other haters a platform at campuses, that is, not at all. Doesn't put a damper on his whining, though.
So you're fine with it.

As I would have expected. Cool!

So you're fine with it.

Serves to demonstrate, again, that whatever reply starts out with "So..." is a lie.

No, I am not fine with it, as it might serve as a spying tool on employees, as opposed to help teams act more, like, you know, teams.

Either way, dummy, it still isn't a freedom of speech issue, your screeching notwithstanding. Neither does it have anything to do with the regressive, authoritarian bogeyman that frightens you out of your mind.

So you're fine with it.

Serves to demonstrate, again, that whatever reply starts out with "So..." is a lie.

No, I am not fine with it, as it might serve as a spying tool on employees, as opposed to help teams act more, like, you know, teams.

Either way, dummy, it still isn't a freedom of speech issue, your screeching notwithstanding. Neither does it have anything to do with the regressive, authoritarian bogeyman that frightens you out of your mind.
Oh, calm down.

You sure do get cranky with me. That pleases me.

Too bad.

It has been BAD ENOUGH that the Regressive Left has enabled the control of freedom of expression on AMERICAN college campuses (of all fucking places on the planet), and it has already spread into the workplace. But now we're looking at having an "artificial intelligence" device that LISTENS TO WORKPLACE CONVERSATIONS to be sure that we are being "inclusive" and "equal".

I am not making this up.

Could a smart device catch implicit bias in the workplace?

“The vision that we have [for this project] is that you would have a device, maybe something like Amazon Alexa, that sits on the table and observes the human team members while they are working on a problem, and supports them in various ways,” says Riedl, an associate professor who studies crowdsourcing, open innovation, and network science. “One of the ways in which we think we can support that team is by ensuring equal inclusion of all team members.”

The fact that this is even AN IDEA shows how far this has gone.

Enjoy. This is what happens we start controlling, intimidating and punishing freedom of expression. IN AMERICA.

Well Mac let me pour you a nice glass of Scotch and is it on the rocks and two fingers?

Also here let light two finely rolled Cubano's Cigars and sit while we watch Rome burn...

So Mac what tune would you like Nero to play on the fiddle... I think Queen Big Bottom Women Make the Go Around sounds about right because the end is near of our dream and 1984 will happen...

It has been BAD ENOUGH that the Regressive Left has enabled the control of freedom of expression on AMERICAN college campuses (of all fucking places on the planet), and it has already spread into the workplace. But now we're looking at having an "artificial intelligence" device that LISTENS TO WORKPLACE CONVERSATIONS to be sure that we are being "inclusive" and "equal".

I am not making this up.

“The vision that we have [for this project] is that you would have a device, maybe something like Amazon Alexa, that sits on the table and observes the human team members while they are working on a problem, and supports them in various ways,” says Riedl, an associate professor who studies crowdsourcing, open innovation, and network science. “One of the ways in which we think we can support that team is by ensuring equal inclusion of all team members.”

Enjoy. This is what happens we start controlling, intimidating and punishing freedom of expression. IN AMERICA.

Well Mac let me pour you a nice glass of Scotch and is it on the rocks and two fingers?

Also here let light two finely rolled Cubano's Cigars and sit while we watch Rome burn...

So Mac what tune would you like Nero to play on the fiddle... I think Queen Big Bottom Women Make the Go Around sounds about right because the end is near of our dream and 1984 will happen...
We really do seem to be moving in that direction.

I am not making this up.

Actually we are and what is sad is the younger generation is embracing it and believe older people like you and I are just ignorant as can be...

I have said many rude things in my past that in today time would land me in jail and soon would most likely get me executed...

But

I will be damn if I am going to change...

I will never be forced to include someone into my circle if they are a square peg and people should not be forced to include me if I am the square peg...

What is happening is that device is being sold as correcting bad manners but what it is for is to weed out those that are not going with the program and to spy on their employees...

Sad but factual...

Soon we will have to include our password for Netflix or the streaming platform we use so our employer can view what we are watching to make sure it is not something objectionable because you can not have someone like me watch Harold and Kumar going to White Castle and the next day fixing a septic tank for you, can you?

I am not making this up.

Actually we are and what is sad is the younger generation is embracing it and believe older people like you and I are just ignorant as can be...

I have said many rude things in my past that in today time would land me in jail and soon would most likely get me executed...

But

I will never be forced to include someone into my circle if the are a square peg and people should not be forced to include me if I am the square peg...

What is happening is that device is being sold as correcting bad manners but what it is for is to weed out those that are not going with the program and to spy on their employees...

Sad but factual...

Soon we will have to include our password for Netflix or the streaming platform we use so our employer can view what we are watching to make sure it is not something objectionable because you can not have someone like me watch Harold and Kumar going to White Castle and the next day fixing a septic tank for you, can you?
Yeah, truth be told, I don't know what would turn this around. My kids are growing up in it, and they'll just get used to it over time, I suppose. Not much I can do about that.

That doesn't mean I have to stay silent on it, though. What annoys me is that this is the most liberal and important of our rights, and these phony liberals are fine in taking it away.

I am not making this up.

It depends on the state the person lives.

In my state it's illegal to record anyone without their knowledge and consent.

If any employer does this in my state they will be opening themselves up to massive legal trouble.

States that don't respect a person's privacy don't have that protection.

It doesn't matter where a person lives. No one should lose their privacy just because they go to work.

I am not making this up.

But

I will never be forced to include someone into my circle if they are a square peg and people should not be forced to include me if I am the square peg...

Sad but factual...

When public schools became more about accommodation and comfort than education and discipline then young minds and souls were flushed down the drain and everything became about perception and feelings.
Can you remember Anyone in the 50’s-70’s going to school In pajamas and bedroom slippers?? Of course not.

I am not making this up.

But

I will never be forced to include someone into my circle if the are a square peg and people should not be forced to include me if I am the square peg...

Sad but factual...

Yeah, truth be told, I don't know what would turn this around. My kids are growing up in it, and they'll just get used to it over time, I suppose. Not much I can do about that.

That doesn't mean I have to stay silent on it, though. What annoys me is that this is the most liberal and important of our rights, and these phony liberals are fine in taking it away.

If anyone tell you to stay silent, well tell them you will go silent either when they change their direction from stupidity or when you draw your last damn breath...

Look, I understand people are sensitive in today time and want to get in touch with their feelings and never offend society but ya know what?

I prefer to be offended than have a bunch of brown nosing two face hypocrites around me!

Generation X is to blame because they thought they could change the World and they did but not for the better...

Trotsky must be smiling as he see the World march toward his dream...

I am not making this up.

But

Sad but factual...

When public schools became more about accommodation and comfort than education and discipline then young minds and souls were flushed down the drain and everything became about perception and feelings.
Can you remember Anyone in the 50’s-70’s going to school In pajamas and bedroom slippers?? Of course not.

Nope, and if you did just not your parents would knock the crap out of you but the Principal, Teacher, Janitor, Bus Driver, the Old Lady at the General Store and the ten neighbors would all help with the paddle...

The World is going to hell!

I am not making this up.

But

Sad but factual...

Nope, and if you did just not your parents would knock the crap out of you but the Principal, Teacher, Janitor, Bus Driver, the Old Lady at the General Store and the ten neighbors would all help with the paddle...

The World is going to hell!
Man we were really brutalized into knowing how to act and move ourselves along would say the puss wads of today

I believe in freedom of expression.

Clearly that right is in decay.

Uh, guy, as long as you have to interact with other human beings, you need to control how you express yourself.

Yes people need to control their interaction with people.

No, that's not the job of an employer. At least not to the extent of listening and recording the employees.

Aren't you the guy who keeps posting everyone's 'racist quotes' in the discussion board? I would think a jerkoff like you would applaud something like this.
You would think that because you have a very simplistic, shallow and tribal mentality.

Not everyone is an obedient winger like you. True story!
Shocking...you didn't produce your list Comrade Stalin. Why not? Don't you want the rest of the proletarians to 'struggle' against me?
:wtf:

he is a right winger....that means that he believes that if you are not 100% pro conservative then you are obviously a leftist commie.

He can't conceive of people being sane and rational.....in the middle.....

Aren't you the guy who keeps posting everyone's 'racist quotes' in the discussion board? I would think a jerkoff like you would applaud something like this.
You would think that because you have a very simplistic, shallow and tribal mentality.

Shocking...you didn't produce your list Comrade Stalin. Why not? Don't you want the rest of the proletarians to 'struggle' against me?

he is a right winger....that means that he believes that if you are not 100% pro conservative then you are obviously a leftist commie.

I realize the nutter population here is pretty high, but this really doesn't need to be that complicated.

I'm more in awe of the power of ideology every day.

I realize the nutter population here is pretty high, but this really doesn't need to be that complicated.

A nutter to you is anyone with an opinion.

Whether or not it's based on facts doesn't register with you.

A nutter to you is anyone with an opinion.

Whether or not it's based on facts doesn't register with you.
Another lie. You guys never quote me, you just make shit up.

Have you literally lost the capacity to just be honest?

Are you like that in real life?

Forum List

Back