It's almost June - countdown to the Supreme Court decision on ACA

Wrong question. Tell me what you like about Romney.
Why? It doesn't matter what I like about Romney. I've already said that I would have even voted for Santorum over Obama because for me the constitutional issues I've been discussing trump all. I wouldn't have to like anything about Romney and I would still vote for him because I cannot reward Obama for what I see as a disregard for the constitution. You've been defending Obama in such a way that you could almost convince me to vote for him if I wasn't held back by the constitutional issues. Now why wouldn't you vote for Obama? What has he done which does not measure up to what you want from a president? If you can't tell me anything which Obama has done which would justify you kicking him out of office, then we can call this phase of the conversation over.

Because Romney is the guy who I think understands the role of government,and the role of business better. But I truly do not care what tenthers, or truthers, or birthers, or whatevers think.
You are not mainstream, Amelia. Dooshes like Ernie S are not mainstream. Romney is mainstream, and he will surely turn his back on your kind when he is elected. He is not a reactionary, he is mainstream, he is American to the bone, and I believe him honorable.

No one in almost three years here has any doubt that I have no use for the far right reactionaries or wannabee libertarians or so-called militia types. Buncha goobers.

I have been voting far longer than some of you have been alive, and I will not have your types taking over government and infecting our children's education.

Romney will not permit that.

Most people are far right when you compare them with Harry ried Nancy Peloie Barney Frank obama and you.

You told tenthers to move along, Jake. I'm a tenther.

How are you a Tenther? I'm going to guess (just out of the blue) you support the Romney platform.

Which calls for:
  • Some ill-defined expansion of HIPAA (federal regulation of health insurance)
  • Federalization of state tort law
  • Supplanting state insurance regulation with federal law
  • Some kind of federal push for capitation or global payments (he's really getting vague here}

You may be a Republican and a Romney supporter but that doesn't make you a Tenther.

That was Jake's dismissive term. I objected to the ACA on the grounds of the 10th amendment. Jake decided to go to the pejorative. It's not part of my vocabulary actually. But if that's what he wants to call me, I'll wear it while I take my stand against people who claim that if we succeed in overturning their unconstitutional legislation we have to abide by their terms and replace their legislation with something of their choosing.

bigrebnc, you are so far right that Ronald Reagan is a lefty to you.

Your kind will be left out of power when Romney wins, thank heavens.

You told tenthers to move along, Jake. I'm a tenther.

How are you a Tenther? I'm going to guess (just out of the blue) you support the Romney platform.

Which calls for:
  • Some kind of federal push for capitation or global payments (he's really getting vague here}

You may be a Republican and a Romney supporter but that doesn't make you a Tenther.

That was Jake's dismissive term. I objected to the ACA on the grounds of the 10th amendment. Jake decided to go to the pejorative. It's not part of my vocabulary actually. But if that's what he wants to call me, I'll wear it while I take my stand against people who claim that if we succeed in overturning their unconstitutional legislation we have to abide by their terms and replace their legislation with something of their choosing.

When someone suggests that the Tenth somehow substitutes their silly reasoning for case law and SCOTUS interpretation, then I simply have no respect or time for that nonsense. The simple fact is this: the act is constitutional until SCOTUS says differently. And if they do, cool, we will live by it, And if they uphold it, we will live by it.

I personally think the mandate will be overturned, and that the fix for that is simple.

Still I wouldn't want to be compared with the people I mentioned that is if you felt the way you claim you do.

Which calls for:

When someone suggests that the Tenth somehow substitutes their silly reasoning for case law and SCOTUS interpretation, then I simply have no respect or time for that nonsense. The simple fact is this: the act is constitutional until SCOTUS says differently. And if they do, cool, we will live by it, And if they uphold it, we will live by it.

I personally think the mandate will be overturned, and that the fix for that is simple.

A lower court ruled the act unconstitutional. Therefore it is unconstitutional until the Supreme Court says differently.

Still I wouldn't want to be compared with the people I mentioned that is if you felt the way you claim you do.

What, the lefties? Are you a shit for brains, really? I don't care what you think or what comparisons you make. Your personal opinions are worthless, always have been.

Romney will win, and the far right tenthers, troofers, and birfers will be left out. Thank heavens,

She's also made her point clear anyone but obama. but you knew that already didn't you?

Yes, I did know that. Hence my point. She's not a Tenther, she's just pro-Romney. There's no deeper meaning to what I wrote above, I mean exactly what I wrote.

Which you've dutifully repeated back to me. Thanks.

That was Jake's dismissive term. I objected to the ACA on the grounds of the 10th amendment.

And I assume you object to Romney's health platform on the same grounds?

A lower court ruled the act unconstitutional. Therefore it is unconstitutional until the Supreme Court says differently.

That was overturned by the appellate court. As it stands, the only thing any appellate court has found unconstitutional about the ACA is the individual mandate, the rest of the law stands.

Which, if you're not an ogre, is exactly the outcome you should hope for.

ACA is constitutional until SCOTUS says otherwise. I think it is 50/50 that it will toss out the mandate.

I am curious to see how the Tenthers are going to react if the law is upheld in entirely.

She's also made her point clear anyone but obama. but you knew that already didn't you?

Yes, I did know that. Hence my point. She's not a Tenther, she's just pro-Romney. There's no deeper meaning to what I wrote above, I mean exactly what I wrote.

Which you've dutifully repeated back to me. Thanks.

That was Jake's dismissive term. I objected to the ACA on the grounds of the 10th amendment.

And I assume you object to Romney's health platform on the same grounds?

That was overturned by the appellate court. As it stands, the only thing any appellate court has found unconstitutional about the ACA is the individual mandate, the rest of the law stands.

Which, if you're not an ogre, is exactly the outcome you should hope for.

I'm anti-Obama because I'm pro-first amendment, pro-fifth amendment, pro-tenth amendment, pro-Article I, etc.

All the rest of the law stands? Link?

Got it. Jake calls me a Tenther. You call me an ogre. Hey, I can handle it.

Amelia, I am sure you can AmeliaUp and confront your Inner Tenther.. :lol: If SCOTUS rejects the mandate, you are half way there.

I'm anti-Obama because I'm pro-first amendment, pro-fifth amendment, pro-tenth amendment, pro-Article I, etc.

I'm not asking if you're anti-Obama, I'm asking if you support Romney's health agenda. You claim to be a Tenther, so I would assume the answer is resounding no.

Yet somehow that doesn't seem right. Which is it?

Eleventh Circuit opinion:

The individual mandate, however, can be severed from the remainder of the Act’s myriad reforms. The presumption of severability is rooted in notions of judicial restraint and respect for the separation of powers in our constitutional system. The Act’s other provisions remain legally operative after the mandate’s excision, and the high burden needed under Supreme Court precedent to rebut the presumption of severability has not been met.

Accordingly, we affirm in part and reverse in part the judgment of the district court.

The Eleventh Circuit found the individual mandate to be unconstitutional, but reversed the lower court's decision to invalidate the entire statute.

There is no rationale for overturning anything other than the individual mandate, should the individual mandate be found unconstitutional. Only incorrigible hacks who value political points over the affirmative harm they'd be inflicting on American citizens seek to strike the unconnected "remainder of the Act’s myriad reforms" in addition to the individual mandate.

What, the lefties? Are you a shit for brains, really? I don't care what you think or what comparisons you make. Your personal opinions are worthless, always have been.

Romney will win, and the far right tenthers, troofers, and birfers will be left out. Thank heavens,

Well there we have a common ground, to you my view is irrelevant and to me your uneducated view is irrelevant.

Well there we have a common ground, to you my view is irrelevant and to me your uneducated view is irrelevant.

MID, mutually irrelevant destruction. It's too bad you don't understand the Constitution, its construction, its narrative, and the SCOTUS decisions from it. But one can't have everything,

MID, mutually irrelevant destruction. It's too bad you don't understand the Constitution, its construction, its narrative, and the SCOTUS decisions from it. But one can't have everything,

What is it about the Constitution that you fail too understand? I'm in a great mood and willing to help you.

You stopped about 1793, bigrebnc, and simply don't . . . get . . . it. You can't be helped.

Maybe. From the perspective of those of us who value freedom and just government, the results of the presidential election are a foregone conclusion. Authoritarian corporatists will remain in control with either likely outcome.

The challenge is to use the charade as on opportunity to wake up more of the electorate.

I'm not asking if you're anti-Obama, I'm asking if you support Romney's health agenda. You claim to be a Tenther, so I would assume the answer is resounding no.

Yet somehow that doesn't seem right. Which is it?

Eleventh Circuit opinion:

The individual mandate, however, can be severed from the remainder of the Act’s myriad reforms. The presumption of severability is rooted in notions of judicial restraint and respect for the separation of powers in our constitutional system. The Act’s other provisions remain legally operative after the mandate’s excision, and the high burden needed under Supreme Court precedent to rebut the presumption of severability has not been met.

Accordingly, we affirm in part and reverse in part the judgment of the district court.

The Eleventh Circuit found the individual mandate to be unconstitutional, but reversed the lower court's decision to invalidate the entire statute.

There is no rationale for overturning anything other than the individual mandate, should the individual mandate be found unconstitutional. Only incorrigible hacks who value political points over the affirmative harm they'd be inflicting on American citizens seek to strike the unconnected "remainder of the Act’s myriad reforms" in addition to the individual mandate.

I hereby relinquish all claim to the label of Tenther. I told you that's not part of my vocabulary. It was Jake's word. I'll stick with "ogre" and "incorrigible hack" for purposes of my discussion with you.

You stopped about 1793, bigrebnc, and simply don't . . . get . . . it. You can't be helped.

1793 was the intent of what was meant within the Constitution. You lefties have tried to change what was meant in 1793 to what you want it too be.

Amelia, is that the very best you can do? Tenthers, like you, are next to nothing in numbers. You will never change anything about the 10th as you understand it. Until you can properly quote me, then you are acting like a maroon, which shows poorly on you, not me.

But I want you to vote for Romney.

What has Obama done wrong in your eyes?

He won't answer your question....

Forum List

Back