🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

It's Happening Again - Homes Lost - Some Rent Control Needed

millions of people are unprepared to pay such large increases, and you have them being forced out of their HOMES (#1 element of human survival). This simply is too unfair, too nasty, and too undesirable a thing for society to accept.

The first rule of economics.....can't be unfair. DURR

OK, now pay attention.

The reason why rent is higher in Tampa is because people want to live there and are willing to pay for the privilege.

I’m sure you could find some place to live in Nowheresville USA if low rent is all you care about.

Of course, like everything else in life, you get what you pay for.
If I had not paid attention, I wouldn't have lost anything. Come back when you really have something interesting to say, and when you have a bit more idea of what is being discussed here (see post # 440-3.)

Also, quality if life IS better in Nowheresville USA, in a number of ways. Yes, housing prices are lower. Yes, I could find some place to live there, and right now, I'm in the process of doing just that. And what I will pay for there (at 1/3 the price) will be far better than what I would be ripped off for here.

I'm testing your economics knowledge.

So far......you've got a D-

If the govt said they could only charge $3/gallon and no more, what would happen to the supply is > Nothing.

And at $1?
So far you have an F. You gave no answer to my question about increased costs being passed on to the consumer.
Too late to reply now - I've already supplied the answer (including a graph)

So far you have an F. You gave no answer to my question about increased costs being passed on to the consumer.
Too late to reply now - I've already supplied the answer (including a graph)

You gave no answer to my question about increased costs being passed on to the consumer.

I did.

1639078187446.png

Memory loss?

As for the supply & demand aspect, the people "willing to pay that rent" are largely Biden's migrants,
You are full of excrement. Where, pray tell, are "Bidens Migrants" getting more money than you have? hmmmm? You are as demented as Biden is and just as big as a communist. Are you sure I am not corresponding with dementia Joe. Run along now you ignorant fuck.

I owned 2 houses, and one condo. I started a business on $35,and expanded it to 4 branch offices in 3 counties. I graduated from college with a BA, and went to graduate school, where 25 of us were forced out because of Affirmative Action.

Renting in some ways is better than buying. I've done both. Both have their goods and bads. With renting, you get more for your money. My previous complex has 2 swimming pools, jacuzzi, exercise room, tennis courts, basketball court, clubhouse, computer room, walking trails, recreation barbeque area, etc) You get free maintenance & repairs. Refrigerator goes bad, they give you a new one. AC konks out they fix it, or replace it.

If your friend wants to sell those guitars, I might be interested to buy them. I played in a rock band for 9 years, and I teach the guitar now (also violin & mandolin).
You are a commie LIAR and a legend in your own mind. Ignorant just the same.

$1500/month (common now in Tampa) is a RIP-OFF, not a "proper return".. What absurd comments are showing up in this thread. Jeeez.
Check out rents in Seattle, Portland, SF, LA, and San Diego. You can't get a cardboard box for 1500/mo. I think a garage in any one of those places rents for close to $3K you cheap commie fuck.

$1500/month (common now in Tampa) is a RIP-OFF, not a "proper return".. What absurd comments are showing up in this thread. Jeeez.
Then move. You should have bought a home thirty years ago, then you wouldn't be renting. Stop complaining and do something. If you feel so strongly, buy an apartment building and rent for what YOU think is fair.

I owned 2 houses, and one condo. I started a business on $35,and expanded it to 4 branch offices in 3 counties. I graduated from college with a BA, and went to graduate school, where 25 of us were forced out because of Affirmative Action.

Renting in some ways is better than buying. I've done both. Both have their goods and bads. With renting, you get more for your money. My previous complex has 2 swimming pools, jacuzzi, exercise room, tennis courts, basketball court, clubhouse, computer room, walking trails, recreation barbeque area, etc) You get free maintenance & repairs. Refrigerator goes bad, they give you a new one. AC konks out they fix it, or replace it.

If your friend wants to sell those guitars, I might be interested to buy them. I played in a rock band for 9 years, and I teach the guitar now (also violin & mandolin).
Yeah, you're a legend in your own mind. If you had done a tenth of what you claim, you'd be set now, not complaining about high rents. When you rent, you get nothing for your money but a place to live. When you buy, you build equity and have something concrete to show for your money as well.

No, business that can't make a profit close down. It happens all the time. For example, when was the last time you saw an independant book store? They used to be everywhere. How about a record or CD store? Again they used to be everywhere. How about a pay phone? There used to be several on every corner. How about newsstands? Again, gone. Take away their profits and apartments will go away as well. Then you can live in a government owned apartment and pay whatever some nameless bureaucrat feels is fair.
We are all being played. He's had us repeating the same logic for three days straight now and he hasn't awakened yet--He's a fucking troll and not worth another second of my time. He is a prime example of what the ignore button was designed for.

This thread is about fairness and propriety, not economics. :biggrin:
This thread is about communism and government hand-outs. You advocate both. Read your own thread. There has not been one, NOT ONE, poster who has agreed with you including a couple of resident left wingers. YOU ARE WRONG AND YOU HAVE BEEN OFFICIALLY CANCELLED BECAUSE YOU ARE STUPID AS WELL.

Forum List

Back