It's NOT Butthurt!

Boss

Take a Memo:
Apr 21, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Since Wednesday, many Trump supporters in the media and elsewhere have been criticizing those who didn't support Trump as being "butthurt" their guy didn't win. I guess this is a natural assumption or maybe it sums up what the sentiment would have been from Trump's supporters had the shoe been on the other foot, but nothing could be further from the truth. It has nothing to do with being "butthurt" and everything to do with principles.

I am posting this, not because I am "butthurt" that my guy didn't win, but because I want Trump's supporters to at least be aware of the truth regarding the situation at hand, while you can still do something about it. Let's examine the non-Trump 58% of the GOP... those who did not support Donald Trump in the primaries...

There are basically three factions. The smallest faction are those who absolutely detest Donald Trump and will never vote for that man. They didn't support him in the primary and they will not support him in the general and it doesn't matter what he says or does, or what his supporters say or do... they are lost, you'll never win their votes. As I said, they are a small segment of the group and Trump will probably win enough moderates, independents and outright democrats to offset their number... so forget about that group, you will never get their votes.

The next group is a little larger and they are the republicans who weren't supporting Trump in the primaries but now that he has won, they will support him as the nominee because he's not Hillary. Their primary concern is defeating Hillary Clinton. Trump doesn't need to do much to win their vote other than not turn into Hillary.

The last segment is the largest and Trump simply doesn't have the numbers to win the general election without at least winning over some of their votes. These are free market constitutional conservatives who supported Ted Cruz on principle. (I'm part of this group) They are not part of the "Never Trump" group, they could be persuaded to vote for Trump but they have to be persuaded. These people are not going to abandon their principles or look the other way while Trump abandons their principles. The case has to be made to them for why they should vote for Trump and it has to be more than just him not being Hillary Clinton. We need to see some ankle here... we need to know this man is going to govern as a conservative and not a liberal.

It's not that their feelings are hurt... I am sure they are disappointed Ted Cruz didn't win... but that's not the reason for them rejecting Trump. I think MOST of this last segment genuinely WANT to be able to support Trump in the general election but they're not going to automatically deliver their vote. It is up to Trump to earn their votes. You don't earn people's votes by being nasty and mean. It may have worked in the primary to defeat Ted Cruz, it won't work in the general to bring those republicans over to your side.

So you have some work to do here in order to get Trump elected. If you decide that you're just not going to make the effort and you'd rather just tee off on non-Trump supporters from now until November in the meanest nastiest ways you can think of... you're going to lose and probably lose in a landslide. The brow beating and intimidation tactics did not work for the establishment GOP and it won't work for Trump.

Agree. I still do the think trump will beat Hillary. He still can't do anything but say the same old shit day in and day out. He is also snuggling up close to those Goldman Sachs guys who were supposed to be so bad. That's not very encouraging either. At this point I plan on writing a candidate in in November. I will have to wait and see how he does in a debate with Hillary without the moderators spoon feeding him his answers. Until then, I work and listen.

Agree. I still do the think trump will beat Hillary. He still can't do anything but say the same old shit day in and day out. He is also snuggling up close to those Goldman Sachs guys who were supposed to be so bad. That's not very encouraging either. At this point I plan on writing a candidate in in November. I will have to wait and see how he does in a debate with Hillary without the moderators spoon feeding him his answers. Until then, I work and listen.

I will have to wait and see how he does in a debate with Hillary without the moderators spoon feeding him his answers

I'll watch the debates to see if they feed HIllary

Since Wednesday, many Trump supporters in the media...

The entire MSM was against The Donald predicting his demise weekly...for months. Care to specify who in the MSM supported The Donald. But yeah, anti-Trump people are butthurt douchebags for the most part. :p

All I can say about the whole "butthurt" remarks is that it sounds like something a juvenile would say. It's just meant to ridicule the other side and it's immature.

I think this whole election is a joke. Hillary will get the nod because the media and super delegates are handing it to her, as if it's owed. Trump isn't my idea of a good president either. Don't know if I'll bother to vote as there are no choices. We have a con artist and someone who should be a convict.

All I can say about the whole "butthurt" remarks is that it sounds like something a juvenile would say. It's just meant to ridicule the other side and it's immature.

I think this whole election is a joke. Hillary will get the nod because the media and super delegates are handing it to her, as if it's owed. Trump isn't my idea of a good president either. Don't know if I'll bother to vote as there are no choices. We have a con artist and someone who should be a convict.
You could flip a coin, I plan on hanging at the bar on election day...

The entire MSM was against The Donald predicting his demise weekly...for months. Care to specify who in the MSM supported The Donald. But yeah, anti-Trump people are butthurt douchebags for the most part. :p

All I can say is, if the majority of Trump's supporters and Trump have your attitude, he will lose the election to Hillary Clinton and it probably won't even be close. You don't have the numbers to win with 42% of the GOP backing you. You barely have the numbers with 75-80% of the GOP backing you, and that's about the best you can hope for.

So you keep this up and we'll watch your guy get clobbered on election night. It doesn't matter to me... I didn't support him anyway. If you just want to hurl insults at me and continue to be an asshole, you can kiss my ass.

I will have to wait and see how he does in a debate with Hillary without the moderators spoon feeding him his answers

I'll watch the debates to see if they feed HIllary

Oh they will be so sweet to her. They will ask "madam secretary will every one be happy and love when, I mean if you get elected?"

And it will go like this for Trump, "Mr. Trump, yesterday a you G black man was beat to within an inch of his life by a Democrat swinging a Latino protesters child. You said you will reunite our country how which you do this?"

Trump will say, whaaa, I'm so sick of PC, PC pisses me off. I'm going to build a wall and Mexico will pay for it. I'll make great deals. Crooked Hillary crooked Hillary, blah.

I need to see him tighten it up some. He needs to find a message and stick to it. I figure the debate mods. Won't cut him any slack and at the end of the debate will declare Hillary the winner. All guns are trained on him now. I do think this will be a bloody nasty kick I the nuts and gouge out eyes election for sure.

You left out the largest demographic of all, the millions upon millions who are FED UP with ALL of the self serving politicians in Washington. Trump wins this group hands down.

The entire MSM was against The Donald predicting his demise weekly...for months. Care to specify who in the MSM supported The Donald.

Well, I have heard the "butthurt" claim from three talk radio show hosts this week. That's what I am referring to. I know that in the final days leading into Indiana, there was a concerted effort by those at Fox News to support Trump. Look... I don't care that Trump won the nomination. I'm disappointed it wasn't Cruz but I'm not "butthurt" about anything. I want to be able to support the Republican nominee over Hillary or Bernie... but my vote has to be earned and it won't be earned through intimidation.

Now, obviously, you don't give a shit... you're going to ass up this election by being a total jerk and then you're going to blame Trump's failure on those who didn't support him. Because, at the very core, that's who you are. A total loser who can't take responsibility for anything and doesn't want to admit his own faults. So this thread isn't intended for you... just like it's not intended for Lone Laugher and his clown brigade who now thinks it's CUTE to run around putting funny faces on my threads like the little obsessed punks they are.

You left out the largest demographic of all, the millions upon millions who are FED UP with ALL of the self serving politicians in Washington. Trump wins this group hands down.

My breakdown was of the people who didn't support Trump.... 58% of the GOP.

F

FOX mainly. Especially Sean Hannity. He was I for Trump from the get go. If you watch Hannity when trump talks you kind of get the ides Hannity wants the Donald in him. Yeah, there was some but hurt on my part. I say I'll right one in, but if the Donald can do a few things for me to prove he has a plan other then making great deals, I'm thinking I could vote for the guy. I would like to see Ted Cruz on the eup ream court. I swapped from never trump to never Hillary.

A few of his former rivals are butthurt and showing that their words are meaningless. They all pledged to support the nominee. Apparently, that was just to trap Trump. It was never intended to be binding to the elite insiders it seems. They'd be crying if Trump broke his word, but the rules don't apply to them. Just like Hillary. This election cycle has been quite illuminating.

I always said both parties are the same. It looks like at least one of them is changing. Good.

Since Wednesday, many Trump supporters in the media and elsewhere have been criticizing those who didn't support Trump as being "butthurt" their guy didn't win. I guess this is a natural assumption or maybe it sums up what the sentiment would have been from Trump's supporters had the shoe been on the other foot, but nothing could be further from the truth. It has nothing to do with being "butthurt" and everything to do with principles.

I am posting this, not because I am "butthurt" that my guy didn't win, but because I want Trump's supporters to at least be aware of the truth regarding the situation at hand, while you can still do something about it. Let's examine the non-Trump 58% of the GOP... those who did not support Donald Trump in the primaries...

There are basically three factions. The smallest faction are those who absolutely detest Donald Trump and will never vote for that man. They didn't support him in the primary and they will not support him in the general and it doesn't matter what he says or does, or what his supporters say or do... they are lost, you'll never win their votes. As I said, they are a small segment of the group and Trump will probably win enough moderates, independents and outright democrats to offset their number... so forget about that group, you will never get their votes.

The next group is a little larger and they are the republicans who weren't supporting Trump in the primaries but now that he has won, they will support him as the nominee because he's not Hillary. Their primary concern is defeating Hillary Clinton. Trump doesn't need to do much to win their vote other than not turn into Hillary.

The last segment is the largest and Trump simply doesn't have the numbers to win the general election without at least winning over some of their votes. These are free market constitutional conservatives who supported Ted Cruz on principle. (I'm part of this group) They are not part of the "Never Trump" group, they could be persuaded to vote for Trump but they have to be persuaded. These people are not going to abandon their principles or look the other way while Trump abandons their principles. The case has to be made to them for why they should vote for Trump and it has to be more than just him not being Hillary Clinton. We need to see some ankle here... we need to know this man is going to govern as a conservative and not a liberal.

It's not that their feelings are hurt... I am sure they are disappointed Ted Cruz didn't win... but that's not the reason for them rejecting Trump. I think MOST of this last segment genuinely WANT to be able to support Trump in the general election but they're not going to automatically deliver their vote. It is up to Trump to earn their votes. You don't earn people's votes by being nasty and mean. It may have worked in the primary to defeat Ted Cruz, it won't work in the general to bring those republicans over to your side.

So you have some work to do here in order to get Trump elected. If you decide that you're just not going to make the effort and you'd rather just tee off on non-Trump supporters from now until November in the meanest nastiest ways you can think of... you're going to lose and probably lose in a landslide. The brow beating and intimidation tactics did not work for the establishment GOP and it won't work for Trump.
I'm very anti-Trump, but I'm also a moderate liberal...not a conservative. In an election where Trump will likely be facing Hillary I'd say that he is, by far, your best chance at preserving the "conservative" ideals. Will he preserve all of them...nope...he won't even try. However, voting for a third party candidate (unless they get an unbelievable amount of grassroots traction) or voting for Hillary is pretty much the same as voting against the idea set you may be looking to preserve.

In this election cycle it looks to be more about choosing the lesser of two evils rather than choosing a candidate that specifically and fully fits the idea set you would like to see in place.

My breakdown was of the people who didn't support Trump.... 58% of the GOP.
A lot of them were Cruz supporters, Carson supporters, and (gag) Fiorina supporters. They're pissed off now but will come around by November unless they want Hillary to pick the next several SC justices.

Look... assholes... I don't expect Donald Trump to morph into Ted Cruz! But if he can't say anything to assure me he is going to govern as a Conservative... why the hell would I ever vote for him? If we're going to have another Big Government Liberal... why not vote for Hillary Clinton or Bernie? At least they aren't bullshitting about who they are.

A lot of them were Cruz supporters, Carson supporters, and (gag) Fiorina supporters. They're pissed off now but will come around by November unless they want Hillary to pick the next several SC justices.

And that's why I posted this thread... You are misinterpreting things. They are not just "pissed off" that Trump won.... it's NOT BUTTHURT! Granted, it is natural for many of them to be disappointed and upset their guy or gal didn't win.... but the overwhelming majority of voters who didn't support Trump will get over that... a few won't.

Those voters are not going to be intimidated or cajoled into voting for Trump because he's not Hillary or out of fear over Hillary's SCOTUS picks. I broke this down above... some will never vote for Trump under any circumstance... Some will vote for Trump because of what you're saying... but MOST true principled conservatives are going to be listening to Trump and hoping he appeals for their votes. They are not going to just submit under any condition... and you need to know that and start acting like you want to win the election. Continuing to do what you did through the primaries with the mean and nasty insults and denigration is the totally WRONG way to go about this.

So throw your "Lyin' Ted" posters in the burning barrel and put the primary campaign behind you... stop gloating and get busy winning over the rest of the GOP who didn't support your candidate... if you can't do that, you're going to lose. Guaranteed!

Forum List

Back