It's Not Racist When a Black Man Says it, Right?

r
I've worked in the rural south. I had no issues.

You're one of them, so yeah.

No, I'm not. I was a highly paid outsider coming in to make money, and then leave.

And everyone was quite nice and friendly.

You're white and of the same white male power structure point of view, insider.

Your assumption that whites are all the same is nothing but your demonstrating the limitations of your mind.

I was certainly an outsider, made welcome by friendly locals.

I didn't make the assumption, you did. I've lived in the south, deep and otherwise. All hominids are individuals and should be approached at first in that manner. As they reveal themelves over time via actions and associations, then, and only then, MAY some conclusions come to be drawn. I just stumbled onto this thread and saw you were saying you'd hung with folks in the south in response to someone else's "rednecks" type remark. Then YOU said YOU'D covered all that ground and could speak for/upon all southerners based upon YOUR exposure.

I doub't you should generalize like that either, but that's your conclusion, no?

Racism is american, not southern.

YIOSTHEOY made a generalization.

I pointed out that it was wrong.

Racism is not American, nor southern. It is a human trait.

One that has been pushed back here in the US for generations. At least among whites.

The black guy won the last two elections. The dems LOST when they nominated a white candidate.

Race doesn't seem to the problem whites have with the dems.

r
You're one of them, so yeah.

No, I'm not. I was a highly paid outsider coming in to make money, and then leave.

Your assumption that whites are all the same is nothing but your demonstrating the limitations of your mind.

I didn't make the assumption, you did. I've lived in the south, deep and otherwise. All hominids are individuals and should be approached at first in that manner. As they reveal themelves over time via actions and associations, then, and only then, MAY some conclusions come to be drawn. I just stumbled onto this thread and saw you were saying you'd hung with folks in the south in response to someone else's "rednecks" type remark. Then YOU said YOU'D covered all that ground and could speak for/upon all southerners based upon YOUR exposure.

I doub't you should generalize like that either, but that's your conclusion, no?

One that has been pushed back here in the US for generations. At least among whites.

The black guy won the last two elections. The dems LOST when they nominated a white candidate.

Bacon's Rebellion.

r

Bacon's Rebellion.

Are you claiming that was the invention of racism?

r

Bacon's Rebellion.

Don't be so fuggin' daft. That's when the political tactic of racial divide and conquer solidified in the colonies. And it is still very much leveraged today in american poilitcs and society. It is also when the race line hardened in respect to slave labor in N america, which was all part of the above.

r

Bacon's Rebellion.

Don't be so fuggin' daft. That's when the political tactic of racial divide and conquer solidified in the colonies. And it is still very much leveraged today in american poilitcs and society. It is also when the race line hardened in respect to slave labor in N america, which was all part of the above.

Trump did not win on some sort of racial division. That was the game of Hillary and her minions with their panic mongering and race baiting.

Trump's campaign was all on Trade and Immigration.

rI didn't make the assumption, you did. I've lived in the south, deep and otherwise. All hominids are individuals and should be approached at first in that manner. As they reveal themelves over time via actions and associations, then, and only then, MAY some conclusions come to be drawn. I just stumbled onto this thread and saw you were saying you'd hung with folks in the south in response to someone else's "rednecks" type remark. Then YOU said YOU'D covered all that ground and could speak for/upon all southerners based upon YOUR exposure.

Bacon's Rebellion.

Trump did not win on some sort of racial division. That was the game of Hillary and her minions with their panic mongering and race baiting.

What you can't seem to grasp is that I'm talking about the system. You want to talk about half of the system, and you want me to argue from the other side of the system.
Nope, pass, not my thing.

Bacon's Rebellion.

What you can't seem to grasp is that I'm talking about the system. You want to talk about half of the system, and you want me to argue from the other side of the system.
Nope, pass, not my thing.

I grasp what you are saying. I am disagreeing.

Trump did not run on racial division. Hillary did.

Romney didn't run on racial division either. Neither did McCain, or the Bushes, or Reagan, or Ford, or Nixon, or, Eisenhower.

Forum List

Back