It's Official: Top Psychiatrists at Yale Conference Warn That Trump Has a 'Dangerous Mental Illness'

35 psychiatrists this week gathered at a conference at Yale to sound the alarm on what they believe is President Donald Trump’s “dangerous mental illness.”

Per The Independent, the psychiatrists met at Yale’s School of Medicine on Thursday to talk about Donald Trump’s mental health, which they warned was frighteningly unstable.

“We have an ethical responsibility to warn the public about Donald Trump’s dangerous mental illness,” said Dr. John Gartner, a practicing psychotherapist who advised psychiatric residents at Johns Hopkins University Medical School and who has in the past warned Trump is a “psychiatric Frankenstein monster.”

Gartner and other psychiatrists at the conference argued that Trump suffers from a particularly malignant case of pathological narcissism, which makes him a danger to the country and the world.

“Worse than just being a liar or a narcissist, in addition he is paranoid, delusional and grandiose thinking and he proved that to the country the first day he was president,” Gartner explained. “If Donald Trump really believes he had the largest crowd size in history, that’s delusional.”

Dr. James Gilligan, a psychiatrist and professor at New York University, said that Trump’s erratic behavior has similarly disturbed him — despite the fact that he has lots of experience working with violent convicted criminals.

“I’ve worked with murderers and rapists, I can recognize dangerousness from a mile away,” he said. “You don’t have to be an expert on dangerousness or spend fifty years studying it like I have in order to know how dangerous this man is.”

Rest here: It's Official: Top Psychiatrists at Yale Conference Warn That Trump Has a 'Dangerous Mental Illness'
-----------------------------

If psychiatrists are saying this about Trump, what does it say about the people who voted for him?

Obsession with Trump, paranoid delusions regarding Trump, fear of Trump and gathering together to reinforce their paranoid delusions. Those are the symptoms.

Obviously those people are all suffering from a very serious case of TDS. They need professional help.

35 psychiatrists this week gathered at a conference at Yale to sound the alarm on what they believe is President Donald Trump’s “dangerous mental illness.”

Per The Independent, the psychiatrists met at Yale’s School of Medicine on Thursday to talk about Donald Trump’s mental health, which they warned was frighteningly unstable.

“We have an ethical responsibility to warn the public about Donald Trump’s dangerous mental illness,” said Dr. John Gartner, a practicing psychotherapist who advised psychiatric residents at Johns Hopkins University Medical School and who has in the past warned Trump is a “psychiatric Frankenstein monster.”

Gartner and other psychiatrists at the conference argued that Trump suffers from a particularly malignant case of pathological narcissism, which makes him a danger to the country and the world.

“Worse than just being a liar or a narcissist, in addition he is paranoid, delusional and grandiose thinking and he proved that to the country the first day he was president,” Gartner explained. “If Donald Trump really believes he had the largest crowd size in history, that’s delusional.”

Dr. James Gilligan, a psychiatrist and professor at New York University, said that Trump’s erratic behavior has similarly disturbed him — despite the fact that he has lots of experience working with violent convicted criminals.

“I’ve worked with murderers and rapists, I can recognize dangerousness from a mile away,” he said. “You don’t have to be an expert on dangerousness or spend fifty years studying it like I have in order to know how dangerous this man is.”

Rest here: It's Official: Top Psychiatrists at Yale Conference Warn That Trump Has a 'Dangerous Mental Illness'

If psychiatrists are saying this about Trump, what does it say about the people who voted for him?
35 psychiatrists this week gathered at a conference at Yale to sound the alarm on what they believe is President Donald Trump’s “dangerous mental illness.

“We have an ethical responsibility....
Dangerous mental illness... Ethical responsibility

WHERE IS THEIR ETHICAL RESPONSIBILITY
REGARDING CHILDREN, AS YOUNG AS 4,
TO KNOW THEY ARE THE OPPOSITE GENDER
AND THE PARENTS OF THESE CHILDREN
ALLOWING, ENCOURAGING AND ASSISTING THEM

SENDING YOUR 5 YEAR OLD SON, JOHNNY,
TO SCHOOL, DRESSED LIKE A GIRL,
AND NOW GOES BY THE NAME OF JENNY
AND IS BEING FED DRUGS TO PROHIBIT
MALE DEVELOPMENT AND STIMULATE FEMALE DEVELOPMENT

AND TRUMP IS THE ONE WITH A DANGEROUS MENTAL ILLNESS?!

GO FUCK YOURSELF!

We need to keep a ledger of who cons consider not very smart.

97% of scientists around the world regarding Global Warming
Stephen Hawking
Scholars at Yale. (and one would assume they extend that to all Ivy League colleges)
Noam Chomsky
Darwin.
Michio Kaku
Lawrence Krauss

They instead have great faith in an orange clown with a nutjob come-over.
How 'bout if we keep a ledger of dumb liberals who don't know hot to spell "comb"?

Another who keeps track of typos on a message board, sweet. Can you check all my posts from here on out to make sure the spelling is correct?

You're a peach.
If you're gonna comment about someone's intelligence you should at least know how to spell. But I don't expect you to grasp that simple concept, being an idiot yourself.

So you'll take the job? Thanks Cubby!

Inciting violence? Telling someone to "Get him out of here!" is inciting violence?

You are such a clueless waste of oxygen.

What do you think Trump telling his brainless followers to "knock the crap out of protestors" is, you demented clown? Introduce yourself to the English language you brain dead conservatard muppet.

Link please! Most of the shit you liberals claim Trumps said only exists in your demented imaginations!

I've already linked to it in this thread, moron. I'm not going to spoonfeed everything for you, you useless turd.

You linked to Trump saying those exact words? Try again!

Jesus, you are one useless conservatard. Here's a link to video of him saying it. Now, drop down and give me 20!

Trump tells crowd to "knock the crap out of protesters who throw tomatoes" "I will pay the legal fees"

What's wrong with that? "Protestors" that disrupt other people's right to peaceably assemble are should be punched in the face.

I don't know. Narcissist, sure. Dangerous? Unstable? The stuff that comes out of his mouth seems to me to be more the bullshit that is employed by any good used car salesman. Don't take anything he says seriously/or at least be ready for him to change his mind.
Now, what do these psychiatrists plan to do about it now that they've diagnosed him from afar? Seems political to me. If they were really worried they should have gone to someone in D.C. who could do something about it. Removing the President isn't done by public opinion.

Dangerous, yes. Unstable, yes. Did you recently move to conservatard land where you spend all of your time making excuses for the guy? He's incited violence at his rallies, FFS. He's been incredibly reckless with foreign policy already, and he hasn't even gotten warmed up yet.

Of course these psychiatrists are "doing something." They're warning the country that we've elected a dangerous mad man. What else can they do? Start a petition?
"Get 'em out of here" is incitement to violence. That is what he said.
Ooooh!!!!!! That really incites ME ... "get 'em out of here"!!!

Probably code words for kill all liberals, huh? Just makes me want to load up and hunt 'em down.

Give me a fuckin' break .... grow the hell up.

I don't know. Narcissist, sure. Dangerous? Unstable? The stuff that comes out of his mouth seems to me to be more the bullshit that is employed by any good used car salesman. Don't take anything he says seriously/or at least be ready for him to change his mind.
Now, what do these psychiatrists plan to do about it now that they've diagnosed him from afar? Seems political to me. If they were really worried they should have gone to someone in D.C. who could do something about it. Removing the President isn't done by public opinion.

Dangerous, yes. Unstable, yes. Did you recently move to conservatard land where you spend all of your time making excuses for the guy? He's incited violence at his rallies, FFS. He's been incredibly reckless with foreign policy already, and he hasn't even gotten warmed up yet.

Of course these psychiatrists are "doing something." They're warning the country that we've elected a dangerous mad man. What else can they do? Start a petition?

Inciting violence? Telling someone to "Get him out of here!" is inciting violence?

What do you think Trump telling his brainless followers to "knock the crap out of protestors" is, you demented clown? Introduce yourself to the English language you brain dead conservatard muppet.
What do you think Trump telling his brainless followers to "knock the crap out of protestors" is, you demented clown?
Protesters...you mean the employees Soros hired
to protest and cause mayhem and chaos?

What do you think Trump telling his brainless followers to "knock the crap out of protestors" is, you demented clown?
Many of his supporters are mentally ill too. Some, like this poster can be evaluated right here on USMB.

Link please! Most of the shit you liberals claim Trumps said only exists in your demented imaginations!

I've already linked to it in this thread, moron. I'm not going to spoonfeed everything for you, you useless turd.

Jesus, you are one useless conservatard. Here's a link to video of him saying it. Now, drop down and give me 20!

Trump tells crowd to "knock the crap out of protesters who throw tomatoes" "I will pay the legal fees"
If somebody throws a tomato at you, you have a right to knock the crap out of 'em.

No, you don't.

What's wrong with that? "Protestors" that disrupt other people's right to peaceably assemble are should be punched in the face.

lol, like a typical drooling Trump voter, you can't seem to tell right from wrong. Must be something in the rightist DNA.

In other words, 35 leftwing shrinks decided to join the batshit crazy libs and attack Trump. They didn't meet him and conduct an appropriate evaluation. Instead, they are just putting out a bias opinion to appease the libs who have completely gone off the deep end.

Very unimpressive thread.

Perhaps these people could focus on the ones who really need help, like the ones wearing vagina costumes or the ones out there physically attacking or killing people for no reason.

Many of his supporters are mentally ill too. Some, like this poster can be evaluated right here on USMB.
Nice "cumback"...did you scrape it from the back of your throat?

Nice "cumback"...did you scrape it from the back of your throat?
Some, besides obvious signs of illness, show signs of sexual repression, particularly with their homosexual obsessions and repressions.

the APA's "Goldwater Rule."

Background on the "Goldwater Rule":

As an aside, I think someone mentioned that claims of mental instability are made only about GOP candidates and officials. Former APA President Paul Appelbaum, M.D., the Dollard Professor of Psychiatry, Medicine, and Law and director of the Division of Law, Ethics, and Psychiatry at Columbia University disagrees. “If you look back over the last 50 years since the Goldwater incident, it seems that there has been some public discussion of the mental health of candidates in almost every election,” said Appelbaum. “At the moment, that discussion may be more intense, but its recurrence shouldn’t surprise anyone.”

If somebody throws a tomato at you, you have a right to knock the crap out of 'em.

No, you don't.
Yeah, you do. It's called self defense.

In other words....

Those who hate and despise Trump will say anything to try and convince others that he's unfit for office and a danger to this country, just because he says and does some stuff they don't like and can't handle. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Here are the statistical chances of the public (a large crowd of people - more than 3 -) recognising a narcissist.

If one person screams at the people trying to tell them what he is and no one will believe him.

^chances he is a narcissist 70%

A large crowd of people scream he is a narcissist and many believe them.

^chances he is a narcist: 1%

True story. Besides, Putin is definitely a narcissist and he would not have chosen one to play with him. They never do. And yes, he would know if Trump was a narcissist.

The bad thing about these so called studies is they are open to skewing and fraud.
If I walked you into a room with 12 of them and they judged you crazy then you are crazy right?
If I walked you into the very next room and 12 judged you sane then you are sane right?
So the premise is flawed because who judges the judges?
How can a flawed judge make a unflawed judgement?

The very judgement of sanity is nothing more then the opine of those asked to judge.
And while opine might be good it's far from flawless. Sanity is not an exact science its merely is a term
That man uses to elevate himself over another.

It's impossible to take anything at face value any more, since politics has so infected every part of our society.

I suspect there's plenty of political motivation here. The problem is, even if they're right, it just sounds like more noise.

That's what happens when a society can no longer communicate on an honest, civil level.

Give me a break. Because you don't like their conclusion, that MUST mean that there's some political motivation at work here....lol

Those psychiatrists are communicating on an honest level. The guy who's dishonest and uncivil is the right wing piece of shit you voted for, the guy who incited violence at his rallies and who lies more than any politician in history.
I voted for Hillary.

You're crazed, absolutely consumed by your shallow, binary, hardcore partisan ideology.

I can only imagine how simple that keeps things for you.

It's impossible to take anything at face value any more, since politics has so infected every part of our society.

I suspect there's plenty of political motivation here. The problem is, even if they're right, it just sounds like more noise.

That's what happens when a society can no longer communicate on an honest, civil level.
Thank you, Mac1958. You managed to put in a nutshell where my uneasiness about this lies.

Forum List

Back