It's Official: Top Psychiatrists at Yale Conference Warn That Trump Has a 'Dangerous Mental Illness'

35 psychiatrists this week gathered at a conference at Yale to sound the alarm on what they believe is President Donald Trump’s “dangerous mental illness.”

Per The Independent, the psychiatrists met at Yale’s School of Medicine on Thursday to talk about Donald Trump’s mental health, which they warned was frighteningly unstable.

“We have an ethical responsibility to warn the public about Donald Trump’s dangerous mental illness,” said Dr. John Gartner, a practicing psychotherapist who advised psychiatric residents at Johns Hopkins University Medical School and who has in the past warned Trump is a “psychiatric Frankenstein monster.”

Gartner and other psychiatrists at the conference argued that Trump suffers from a particularly malignant case of pathological narcissism, which makes him a danger to the country and the world.

“Worse than just being a liar or a narcissist, in addition he is paranoid, delusional and grandiose thinking and he proved that to the country the first day he was president,” Gartner explained. “If Donald Trump really believes he had the largest crowd size in history, that’s delusional.”

Dr. James Gilligan, a psychiatrist and professor at New York University, said that Trump’s erratic behavior has similarly disturbed him — despite the fact that he has lots of experience working with violent convicted criminals.

“I’ve worked with murderers and rapists, I can recognize dangerousness from a mile away,” he said. “You don’t have to be an expert on dangerousness or spend fifty years studying it like I have in order to know how dangerous this man is.”

Rest here: It's Official: Top Psychiatrists at Yale Conference Warn That Trump Has a 'Dangerous Mental Illness'
-----------------------------

If psychiatrists are saying this about Trump, what does it say about the people who voted for him?
I don't know. Narcissist, sure. Dangerous? Unstable? The stuff that comes out of his mouth seems to me to be more the bullshit that is employed by any good used car salesman. Don't take anything he says seriously/or at least be ready for him to change his mind.
Now, what do these psychiatrists plan to do about it now that they've diagnosed him from afar? Seems political to me. If they were really worried they should have gone to someone in D.C. who could do something about it. Removing the President isn't done by public opinion.
The bad thing about these so called studies is they are open to skewing and fraud.
If I walked you into a room with 12 of them and they judged you crazy then you are crazy right?
If I walked you into the very next room and 12 judged you sane then you are sane right?
So the premise is flawed because who judges the judges?
How can a flawed judge make a unflawed judgement?

The very judgement of sanity is nothing more then the opine of those asked to judge.
And while opine might be good it's far from flawless. Sanity is not an exact science its merely is a term
That man uses to elevate himself over another.
Mac put it perfectly. My unease with this is because things have gotten so out of hand criticizing Trump that even if they're right, one must regard it as potentially just more noise. These doctors can have an educated opinion from afar, but a diagnosis? Xelor wants him to submit to a psychiatric evaluation. That would be the most reasonable solution, but it will never happen. So, noise or no? That's the question in my mind.

Have you ever even taken a PPI-Revised? I have, and I doubt Trump ever has. Even if he had, I am positive it would never have been leaked to the press. On top of that, these weren't even developed at the time Hitler was alive. IOW, it is all fantasy. They have someone answering for Trump and Hitler. They aren't even putting this in historical or event related context.

So some liberal/progressive egghead is answering questions for Trump and Hitler, imagining how they might respond, to questions like this, on a scale of five choices;
Here is a sample;
Levenson Self-Report Psychopathy Scale
"Disagree ---->Neutral--------> Agree

Success is based on survival of the fittest; I am not concerned about the losers.

I find myself in the same kinds of trouble, time after time.

For me, what's right is whatever I can get away with.

I am often bored.

In today's world, I feel justified in doing anything I can get away with to succeed.

I find that I am able to pursue one goal for a long time."

Those are subjective scores you dingbat.

It is the content of the article that is important. Not the fact that some egghead thinks that Trump has higher or lower scores than Hitler in some arbitrary categories. Frankly, they are probably off their rocker by most people's gauge.

Generally this scale is based on not only observation, but self reporting as well. As most of this is done by only observation of current politicians, but also subjective interpretation of historical documents, none of this is very hard and fast.

Let's just take the first indicators, shall we?

"The first three traits—social influence (SI), fearlessness (F) and stress immunity (STI)"
or
Psychopathic Personality Inventory - Wikipedia
Of these traits, it has Trump scoring higher than Hitler. By whose measure?

Certainly Hitler had more social influence, we all know that. Likewise, Hitler was physically involved in political brawls, and he fought in the trenches of WWI. Can anyone imagine Trump even in basic training?

As far as stress immunity, I'm not sure either was/is very immune to stress. With Trump, I don't think we will ever know, he has been pampered his whole life, practically immune from stress.

And with Adolf? Well, he went through the fires of hell, and. . . well, obviously cracked. Being rejected and bullied as a child, refused from art school, exposed to chemical warfare, and then thrown in prison, probably warped his mind more than Trump being dealt some lousy business blows.

So I couldn't tell you what crack-pot is handing out these subjective scores to make their case, I really couldn't. Apparently they are roughly based on a system that is used in equivalent to known cases? I can't imagine how. If we are interested and want to know, we must pay?

The point here is, Hillary is not much better on this scale.

One has to answer radically to really push the envelope to score at the fringes of the bell. Usually 0 and 180 are your max points, 90 is the median. It works the same for IQ.

Hey man, you posted the link. :chillpill:

I posted it as an example to show that all leaders have traits that exemplify psychosis, not to show that Trump=Hitler.

You took from it your partisan agenda. That is called confirmation bias. Your critical thinking skills need polishing, as do all partisans with an agenda and an axe to grind.

lol, like a typical drooling Trump voter, you can't seem to tell right from wrong. Must be something in the rightist DNA.

Let me get this straight.

Committing assault by throwing objects = right.

Punching asshat in the face for throwing objects = wrong.

Huh...

Typical snowflake hypocrisy on full display.

Anyone else see the irony here?
The irony is obvious to me. If these 35 nut doctors were to be believed, they should be running every Government department and agency. They would solve every problem before it became a problem. In fact, there wouldn't be a need for Government or it's departments and agencies. Problem: Solved!

35 psychiatrists this week gathered at a conference at Yale to sound the alarm on what they believe is President Donald Trump’s “dangerous mental illness.”

Per The Independent, the psychiatrists met at Yale’s School of Medicine on Thursday to talk about Donald Trump’s mental health, which they warned was frighteningly unstable.

“We have an ethical responsibility to warn the public about Donald Trump’s dangerous mental illness,” said Dr. John Gartner, a practicing psychotherapist who advised psychiatric residents at Johns Hopkins University Medical School and who has in the past warned Trump is a “psychiatric Frankenstein monster.”

Gartner and other psychiatrists at the conference argued that Trump suffers from a particularly malignant case of pathological narcissism, which makes him a danger to the country and the world.

“Worse than just being a liar or a narcissist, in addition he is paranoid, delusional and grandiose thinking and he proved that to the country the first day he was president,” Gartner explained. “If Donald Trump really believes he had the largest crowd size in history, that’s delusional.”

Dr. James Gilligan, a psychiatrist and professor at New York University, said that Trump’s erratic behavior has similarly disturbed him — despite the fact that he has lots of experience working with violent convicted criminals.

“I’ve worked with murderers and rapists, I can recognize dangerousness from a mile away,” he said. “You don’t have to be an expert on dangerousness or spend fifty years studying it like I have in order to know how dangerous this man is.”

Rest here: It's Official: Top Psychiatrists at Yale Conference Warn That Trump Has a 'Dangerous Mental Illness'

If psychiatrists are saying this about Trump, what does it say about the people who voted for him?
I'd say the only ones with mental issues are the ones who think they can diagnose a person without ever having met with that person.

Absurd

The study is based on what democrats told psychiatrists who have never seen Trump, spoken to him, spoken to anyone who knows him, but is an avid listener to Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews.

I wonder what their professional opinion is of Hillary Clinton?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The study is based on what democrats told psychiatrists who have never seen Trump, spoken to him, spoken to anyone who knows him, but is an avid listener to Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews.

They saw Trump on the campaign trail, they saw Trump at the RNC, they saw Trump at the white house and they saw Trumps tweets. That's plenty of behavior with which to judge someone.

Anyways, what diagnosis they have for you?

Uninformed sources told this reporter that these same "top Yale Psychiatrists" could not come to consensus on Trump's gender

Link please! Most of the shit you liberals claim Trumps said only exists in your demented imaginations!

I've already linked to it in this thread, moron. I'm not going to spoonfeed everything for you, you useless turd.

You linked to Trump saying those exact words? Try again!

Jesus, you are one useless conservatard. Here's a link to video of him saying it. Now, drop down and give me 20!

Trump tells crowd to "knock the crap out of protesters who throw tomatoes" "I will pay the legal fees"
If somebody throws a tomato at you, you have a right to knock the crap out of 'em.

No, you don't.

The cops may charge you and let the courts sort it out; however, throwing tomatoes IS assault, even if you miss, as is spitting (another lefty tactic).

"You can even be charged with simple assault without even hitting or striking the person. If you take a swing at someone or throw something, that can be assault. If you throw something very light, that wouldn’t cause any damage even if it hit them, like a wicker basket or a banana, that still counts.

If you spit at someone or get hit them with any kind of fluid, that will be an assault charge also. Even if you miss, and there was no harm done!

Or if you lose your temper, and throw something, you can be arrested for assault. Threats can also count as assault. If the other person claims you threatened violence, you can be arrested and charged."

Home

Unfortunately, psychiatrists who continue preaching "mental illness" are unqualified to assess psychological conditions academically, without the perverted & archaic "medical model" for behavioral analysis.
Academic psychologists have a better understanding of behavioral development than psychiatrists, who often lack skills in scientific methods.

Anyways, what diagnosis they have for you?

I am not the topic of the thread. Stay on topic, or GTFO.

I'd say the only ones with mental issues are the ones who think they can diagnose a person without ever having met with that person.

Absurd

In most cases, I'd agree. But we've had Trump shoved down our throats damn near 24 hours a day for the past year and a half. The amount of communication we've heard from this one man is certainly enough for experienced psychiatrists to make accurate observations about his mental health even from a distance.

Being a massive narcissist is the RULE for our Presidents, not the exception. Just about everything they said about Trump could be said about any of our Presidents of the last two centuries.

These Yale clowns are making fools of themselves.

The LEFT has a real problem with debate.

They want criminal punishment for those of us asking why one Earth polar circle has 9 times the ice of the other.

They want people with non-leftist views censored and prevented from speaking.

They aren't liberals, they are fascists.

Forum List

Back