It’s OK To Mourn For Our First Female President

2016.12.23 - Eating Feelings_0.JPG

Yeah, thanks to NaziCon gerrymandering, voter suppression, conspiracy theories, fake news, lies, Comey, and Putin. You must feel really proud.

How exactly did Gerrymandering win trump more EV?

I've noticed, in the past several years, “gerrymandering” popping up with increasing frequency among liberals' excuses for losing elections; even on votes where there is no plausible way for gerrymandering to have any effect. I suspect that the overwhelming vast majority of those who make this excuse have no clue at all what gerrymandering is, how it works, or what its limitations are.

It might be interesting to see a liberal trying to explain how gerrymandering is supposed to have affected the Presidential election.

Democrat voters are like trained seals. They are told what to say, not understand what they say.

The Party of Excuses just gives them talking points and they come to places like USMB and repeat what they were told.

In the mind of a Democrat, most of the country is liberal. Their friends are liberals, most of their family are liberals, their coworkers are liberal, and everybody at Starbucks is liberal, therefore, most of the country must be liberal in their mind.

Sure, there are Republicans, but they are on their yachts or in their pickup trucks with a gun rack on the back. But they are very much the minority. After all, the Democrat politicians told them Republicans are a dying breed of old white men and will soon be off the planet.

This is why when Republicans win seats and even the presidency, they flip out. They can't understand. Republicans can't be winning fairly because most of the country is liberal just like me! Something must have went terribly wrong!

585c1f6c1c00000a070ed13b.jpeg

We saw what happens when a woman dares to seek power. It was heartbreaking.

Six months ago I lay in bed with tears in my eyes. I was staring at my tiny iPhone screen, watching a larger-than-life woman stand before a packed crowd in Brooklyn, dressed all in white like some kind of goddess wizard, making history as she officially became the presumptive Democratic nominee for president.

For the first time, a woman had a shot at real political power. For the first time, we could tell our daughters: You could be anything! And it would actually be true. As autumn approached, you could feel the excitement. Women were on the brink. On the morning of Election Day, they dressed in pantsuits and welled up, holding their little girls’ hands at the voting booth, posting adorable photos.

That night was a devastation. Ambitious women and girls across the country didn’t get a new role model. They got a smackdown.

Six months ago I lay in bed with tears in my eyes. I was staring at my tiny iPhone screen, watching a larger-than-life woman stand before a packed crowd in Brooklyn, dressed all in white like some kind of goddess wizard, making history as she officially became the presumptive Democratic nominee for president.

For the first time, a woman had a shot at real political power. For the first time, we could tell our daughters: You could be anything! And it would actually be true. As autumn approached, you could feel the excitement. Women were on the brink. On the morning of Election Day, they dressed in pantsuits and welled up, holding their little girls’ hands at the voting booth, posting adorable photos.

That night was a devastation. Ambitious women and girls across the country didn’t get a new role model. They got a smackdown.

Though the sexism behind Clinton’s loss has hardly been a secret, it’s taken me awhile to truly grapple with what lays at the bottom of those election results. Clinton’s loss isn’t simply about emails or Russian hacking or James Comey or the perils of the Electoral College or the struggles of the so-called white working class. Underneath that, her loss has everything to do with the different expectations men and women face in our country. Her loss is about what we do to women who dare to seek power.

This struck me as I read Ta-Nehisi Coates’ incredible essay on Barack Obama’s presidency. “To secure the White House,” Coates writes in The Atlantic, “Donald Trump needed only money and white bluster.” This is the simplest evidence you need to understand that of course racism played a role Trump’s election, Coates writes.

Immediately, I realized, Coates missed something.

It wasn’t just money and bluster.

Trump is a man.

Much of the country went for the guy. Sure, technically she got more votes, is winning the popular vote by millions, but a huge percentage of the country went for him. Obama voters switched sides. He won.

With his utter lack of government experience, track record of lies, without disclosing his taxes, with his hateful comments about women, his boast about sexual assault. For all that, Trump was seen as more “authentic” than her. More likable.

That’s sexism. You can dress it up in as many ill-advised email servers or Benghazi hearings as you like.

Time and again, men get a pass.

More: It’s OK To Mourn For Our First Female President

Amen! If you liked the above, you should read the other half of the link.

Marrying Bill could only take her so far, but she did ok considering she had nothing of her own to offer.
Just the smartest and most experienced with the best policies for the nonrich and the country. But go with the bs hate propaganda....dupes.
lol She had no policies other than tax the rich. She has been a high profile fuck up in every job she has ever had.
Not. She had a policy for everything...
lol If she did, then she is really good at keeping secrets since she never told us about them.

Though the sexism behind Clinton’s loss has hardly been a secret, it’s taken me awhile to truly grapple with what lays at the bottom of those election results. Clinton’s loss isn’t simply about emails or Russian hacking or James Comey or the perils of the Electoral College or the struggles of the so-called white working class. Underneath that, her loss has everything to do with the different expectations men and women face in our country. Her loss is about what we do to women who dare to seek power.

This struck me as I read Ta-Nehisi Coates’ incredible essay on Barack Obama’s presidency. “To secure the White House,” Coates writes in The Atlantic, “Donald Trump needed only money and white bluster.” This is the simplest evidence you need to understand that of course racism played a role Trump’s election, Coates writes.

Trump is a man.

Much of the country went for the guy. Sure, technically she got more votes, is winning the popular vote by millions, but a huge percentage of the country went for him. Obama voters switched sides. He won.

With his utter lack of government experience, track record of lies, without disclosing his taxes, with his hateful comments about women, his boast about sexual assault. For all that, Trump was seen as more “authentic” than her. More likable.

That’s sexism. You can dress it up in as many ill-advised email servers or Benghazi hearings as you like.

Honestly, I dont see how she was held back for being a Woman. She had plenty of opportunity in her life, was a Senator, Secretary of State, but because she lost a Presidential Election, it's because of sexism and not how she ran her campaign? Trump actually worked harder than she did when it came to going out on the road and campaigning, whether you liked his message or not. Had he not done that, he would not be president
Many polls showed her up 8 to 10 pts before Comey. Also I think there was a 4 point change for Trumpers refusing to cooperate with polls...

View attachment 103624
Yes I know you GOP dupes don't like thinking...and it's away the same things. Mainly Americans don't like thinking...and our media suqs. And yes Hillary is not a good politician duh.../con woman.

Trump is a man.

Honestly, I dont see how she was held back for being a Woman. She had plenty of opportunity in her life, was a Senator, Secretary of State, but because she lost a Presidential Election, it's because of sexism and not how she ran her campaign? Trump actually worked harder than she did when it came to going out on the road and campaigning, whether you liked his message or not. Had he not done that, he would not be president
Many polls showed her up 8 to 10 pts before Comey. Also I think there was a 4 point change for Trumpers refusing to cooperate with polls...
Liberal pundits had her at 400 electoral college votes.....:rofl:
Everyone had her winning easily before Comey...
'Everyone' had her winning after Comey as well.

'Everyone' was wrong.
Duh. WHY? "I think there was a 4 point change for Trumpers refusing to cooperate with polls..."

Trump is a man.

Marrying Bill could only take her so far, but she did ok considering she had nothing of her own to offer.
Just the smartest and most experienced with the best policies for the nonrich and the country. But go with the bs hate propaganda....dupes.
lol She had no policies other than tax the rich. She has been a high profile fuck up in every job she has ever had.

She had more policies than tax the rich. Spending was her second policy.

Spending is bad enough, but what Democrats do is spend money on their constituents and not for the better of the country. Vote buying is costing us an arm and a leg but liberals are too blind too see it. They want to keep spending and even expand spending on social goodies like what big-ears did.
The GI bill, infrastructure investment, and cheap college was what made us great. Stopping investment in America is what's made us chumps the last 35 years. Thanks New BS GOP and the dupes.

Trump is a man.

lol If she did, then she is really good at keeping secrets since she never told us about them.
BS. Just not reported, especially on the Dupe Network or the Corporate Ratings Networks. How do you think we got so stupid? And I don't mean me lol...

A new morning in America......

Can't say I mourn Obama leaving.

Wish Bernie were the man.

Trump is a man.

View attachment 103624
Yes I know you GOP dupes don't like thinking...and it's away the same things. Mainly Americans don't like thinking...and our media suqs. And yes Hillary is not a good politician duh.../con woman.

O.K.....and you are an American....right ?

Yeah, thanks to NaziCon gerrymandering, voter suppression, conspiracy theories, fake news, lies, Comey, and Putin. You must feel really proud.

How exactly did Gerrymandering win trump more EV?

I've noticed, in the past several years, “gerrymandering” popping up with increasing frequency among liberals' excuses for losing elections; even on votes where there is no plausible way for gerrymandering to have any effect. I suspect that the overwhelming vast majority of those who make this excuse have no clue at all what gerrymandering is, how it works, or what its limitations are.

It might be interesting to see a liberal trying to explain how gerrymandering is supposed to have affected the Presidential election.

Democrat voters are like trained seals. They are told what to say, not understand what they say.

The Party of Excuses just gives them talking points and they come to places like USMB and repeat what they were told.

In the mind of a Democrat, most of the country is liberal. Their friends are liberals, most of their family are liberals, their coworkers are liberal, and everybody at Starbucks is liberal, therefore, most of the country must be liberal in their mind.

Sure, there are Republicans, but they are on their yachts or in their pickup trucks with a gun rack on the back. But they are very much the minority. After all, the Democrat politicians told them Republicans are a dying breed of old white men and will soon be off the planet.

This is why when Republicans win seats and even the presidency, they flip out. They can't understand. Republicans can't be winning fairly because most of the country is liberal just like me! Something must have went terribly wrong!
Gerrymandering has never been worse, ditto reporting and foreign interference- and voter suppression (that one, maybe not lol). Some people still like thinking.

Trump is a man.

Spending is bad enough, but what Democrats do is spend money on their constituents and not for the better of the country. Vote buying is costing us an arm and a leg but liberals are too blind too see it. They want to keep spending and even expand spending on social goodies like what big-ears did.
The GI bill, infrastructure investment, and cheap college was what made us great. Stopping investment in America is what's made us chumps the last 35 years. Thanks New BS GOP and the dupes.

No. Some govt policy is not what made our country. That came from ethics and morals. Not some worthless bureaucratic policy that is never held to accountability.

Trump is a man.

View attachment 103624

O.K.....and you are an American....right ?
and citizen of the world. Maybe I should have said ugly Americans, or dupes, or dumb and dumbers. Still...see sig last line. Historically, the US is great at being a lovable big lug...that does the right thing- after exhausting all other possibilities.

No. Some govt policy is not what made our country. That came from ethics and morals. Not some worthless bureaucratic policy that is never held to accountability.
Good gov't policy IS good ethics and morality. Like the Greatest Generation and FDR and Truman, Ike, JFK, and LBJ.

Trump is a man.

Nothing but slogans from her, no hard policies on any important issues.

BS. Just not reported, especially on the Dupe Network or the Corporate Ratings Networks. How do you think we got so stupid? And I don't mean me lol...
lol Ok, so it was the vast right wing conspiracy that prevented America from hearing her policies. Put you tin foil hat back on before going outside.

Good gov't policy IS good ethics and morality. Like the Greatest Generation and FDR and Truman, Ike, JFK, and LBJ.
These are people who would not join today's Democratic Party.

lol Ok, so it was the vast right wing conspiracy that prevented America from hearing her policies. Put you tin foil hat back on before going outside.
No , ratings and controversy and Trump bluster crazed US media...AND the vast RW BS conspiracy...

Forum List

Back