It's possible Republicans will be stuck with Donald Trump

R

rdean

Donald Trump speaking to a crowd of GOP voters on Iraq:

Trump said, “We spent $2 trillion in Iraq. We lost thousands of lives in Iraq. We have wounded warriors, who I love, all over this country, and beyond, okay? Was it worth it? We have nothing. We have nothing over there. His brother made a horrible decision

You never won. But what a mistake Iraq was. And I heard Jeb Bush talking about it. First of all, it took him five days before he could give an answer. And after the pollsters told him what to say, he said it was bad. Now he’s trying to backtrack, probably because his brother said, ‘Hey, wait a minute, you’re killing me here. You said it’s bad. That’s my legacy, the Iraq War.’ The Iraq War is a disaster for the Bushes. That’s why the last thing we need is another Bush, believe me. Saddam Hussein, instead of him, you have ISIS, and instead of him, you have Iran taking over. So, you tell me, was it worth what we paid for?”

Trump Jeb Backtracking On Iraq So He Doesn t Hurt W s Legacy - Breitbart

--------------------------------

By the time Donald Trump finishes with the GOP candidates, there won't be anyone left but him. Even right here on the USMB you have Republicans who think the Iraq war was the greatest thing since white bread. But when the Trump talks to the GOP crowd about what a mistake it was, they finally and cheeringly admit the truth. The genie can't be put back into the bottle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Republicans being inconsistent is nothing new.

Trump won't be the republican nominee, at some point he'll be gone – the only question is how badly damaged will the GOP be once Trump is gone.

It is also possible that we will be stuck with The Donald as president instead of The Hillary.

It'll be interesting to see how Trump wears in the next 6 months. I found that the more I watched his show, the sicker I got of him until finally I had enough. But then that same thing happened after listening to Rush for a few months - and that was 25 years ago and he's still going so I guess it's me, not him.

It'll be interesting to see how Trump wears in the next 6 months. I found that the more I watched his show, the sicker I got of him until finally I had enough. But then that same thing happened after listening to Rush for a few months - and that was 25 years ago and he's still going so I guess it's me, not him.
Are there any of the candidates they you would not grow sick of?

Donald Trump speaking to a crowd of GOP voters on Iraq:

Trump said, “We spent $2 trillion in Iraq. We lost thousands of lives in Iraq. We have wounded warriors, who I love, all over this country, and beyond, okay? Was it worth it? We have nothing. We have nothing over there. His brother made a horrible decision

You never won. But what a mistake Iraq was. And I heard Jeb Bush talking about it. First of all, it took him five days before he could give an answer. And after the pollsters told him what to say, he said it was bad. Now he’s trying to backtrack, probably because his brother said, ‘Hey, wait a minute, you’re killing me here. You said it’s bad. That’s my legacy, the Iraq War.’ The Iraq War is a disaster for the Bushes. That’s why the last thing we need is another Bush, believe me. Saddam Hussein, instead of him, you have ISIS, and instead of him, you have Iran taking over. So, you tell me, was it worth what we paid for?”

Trump Jeb Backtracking On Iraq So He Doesn t Hurt W s Legacy - Breitbart

--------------------------------

By the time Donald Trump finishes with the GOP candidates, there won't be anyone left but him. Even right here on the USMB you have Republicans who think the Iraq war was the greatest thing since white bread. But when the Trump talks to the GOP crowd about what a mistake it was, they finally and cheeringly admit the truth. The genie can't be put back into the bottle.

When you go tot he circus, don't be surprised when people laugh and cheer the clown.

and Trump has been a clown since I first heard of him.

I'd rather be stuck with him than Hillary. Maybe you should worry about getting your party a competent nominee. And let us worry about ours.

Usually I'm pretty positive no matter if Republican or Democrat is elected until we're about 2 years into their term. I have to admit to myself that Trump has been interesting and so the only ones I've tuned out thus far are Hillary and Huckabee. Hillary I can't stand and while I respect Huckabee, he wants to treat on a before-tax basis all of my after-tax savings.

Oh, just one more to add to the list of who I'm sick of: Lindsey Graham.

Last edited:

Usually I'm pretty positive no matter if Republican or Democrat is elected until we're about 2 years into their term. I have to admit to myself that Trump has been interesting and so the only ones I've tuned out thus far are Hillary and Huckabee. Hillary I can't stand and while I respect Huckabee, he wants to treat on a before-tax basis all of my after-tax savings.

Oh, just one more to add to the list of who I'm sick of: Lindsey Graham.
Huckabee? You mean the guy who wants to sell cinnamon rolls as a cure for diabetes? The guy whose son whose son was arrested for crucifying a stray dog? That Huckabee?

I'd rather be stuck with him than Hillary. Maybe you should worry about getting your party a competent nominee. And let us worry about ours.
Republicans can't even admit Obama is a American. They wouldn't want any Democrat no matter who they are.

It'll be interesting to see how Trump wears in the next 6 months

Thjere's a few here who wore on me quickly....

If Trump keeps bitch slapping Republicans and mocking their policies and even ideology he might be both the Republican and Democratic nominee and be the first candidate in history to run against himself and both win and lose the election in a stunning defeat and victory.

A competent republican not in this clown car.

Maybe of you took the blinds off you would see a number of them
Why the clown car is a convertible.
If the republicans are clowns, then what does that make Hillary?
Hillary isn't a Republican. The comment makes no sense.

A competent republican not in this clown car.

Maybe of you took the blinds off you would see a number of them
Why the clown car is a convertible.
If the republicans are clowns, then what does that make Hillary?

The woman who kicks clown's asses.

Oh well ... then he will be President I guess. No way Bernie Sanders or Joe Biden is getting elected.

Forum List

Back