It's possible Republicans will be stuck with Donald Trump

The problem for the GOP is that Trump isn't just going after their candidates, he's going after their lies and ideology. Take Iraq, after he's finished, no Republicans will be able to say with a straight face the "surge almost worked'. And he's going after Bush and that means all of his failed GOP inspired policies.

Just saying the words "income inequality" and the trail leads right back to the massive failure of the devastating redistribution of wealth called the Bush Tax Cuts. If the entire plan of the Bush Tax Cuts was to move the wealth of the nation to the top 10%, then it was a huge success. Only they said it was to create jobs. And I'm sure it created some. In China.

The problem for the GOP is that Trump isn't just going after their candidates, he's going after their lies and ideology. Take Iraq, after he's finished, no Republicans will be able to say with a straight face the "surge almost worked'. And he's going after Bush and that means all of his failed GOP inspired policies.

Just saying the words "income inequality" and the trail leads right back to the massive failure of the devastating redistribution of wealth called the Bush Tax Cuts. If the entire plan of the Bush Tax Cuts was to move the wealth of the nation to the top 10%, then it was a huge success. Only they said it was to create jobs. And I'm sure it created some. In China.
is he winning you over dean?......

Donald Trump speaking to a crowd of GOP voters on Iraq:

Trump said, “We spent $2 trillion in Iraq. We lost thousands of lives in Iraq. We have wounded warriors, who I love, all over this country, and beyond, okay? Was it worth it? We have nothing. We have nothing over there. His brother made a horrible decision

You never won. But what a mistake Iraq was. And I heard Jeb Bush talking about it. First of all, it took him five days before he could give an answer. And after the pollsters told him what to say, he said it was bad. Now he’s trying to backtrack, probably because his brother said, ‘Hey, wait a minute, you’re killing me here. You said it’s bad. That’s my legacy, the Iraq War.’ The Iraq War is a disaster for the Bushes. That’s why the last thing we need is another Bush, believe me. Saddam Hussein, instead of him, you have ISIS, and instead of him, you have Iran taking over. So, you tell me, was it worth what we paid for?”

Trump Jeb Backtracking On Iraq So He Doesn t Hurt W s Legacy - Breitbart

--------------------------------

By the time Donald Trump finishes with the GOP candidates, there won't be anyone left but him. Even right here on the USMB you have Republicans who think the Iraq war was the greatest thing since white bread. But when the Trump talks to the GOP crowd about what a mistake it was, they finally and cheeringly admit the truth. The genie can't be put back into the bottle.
The mistake is in how they fought it and what they did with it afterwards. Our military are not cops they should be used to kill the enemy not police them. And then we should be reimbursed for the time and trouble of kicking their ass.

I'd rather be stuck with him than Hillary. Maybe you should worry about getting your party a competent nominee. And let us worry about ours.
Republicans can't even admit Obama is a American. They wouldn't want any Democrat no matter who they are.
and you dont want any republican,so how are you any different?...
Just not this batch of Republicans. Go ahead. Tell us which one is worth anything. Tell us which GOP policy from the last 30 years was good for the majority of the nation.

Trump said, “We spent $2 trillion in Iraq. We lost thousands of lives in Iraq. We have wounded warriors, who I love, all over this country, and beyond, okay? Was it worth it? We have nothing. We have nothing over there. His brother made a horrible decision

You never won. But what a mistake Iraq was. And I heard Jeb Bush talking about it. First of all, it took him five days before he could give an answer. And after the pollsters told him what to say, he said it was bad. Now he’s trying to backtrack, probably because his brother said, ‘Hey, wait a minute, you’re killing me here. You said it’s bad. That’s my legacy, the Iraq War.’ The Iraq War is a disaster for the Bushes. That’s why the last thing we need is another Bush, believe me. Saddam Hussein, instead of him, you have ISIS, and instead of him, you have Iran taking over. So, you tell me, was it worth what we paid for?”

By the time Donald Trump finishes with the GOP candidates, there won't be anyone left but him. Even right here on the USMB you have Republicans who think the Iraq war was the greatest thing since white bread. But when the Trump talks to the GOP crowd about what a mistake it was, they finally and cheeringly admit the truth. The genie can't be put back into the bottle.
The mistake is in how they fought it and what they did with it afterwards. Our military are not cops they should be used to kill the enemy not police them. And then we should be reimbursed for the time and trouble of kicking their ass.
We invade a nation that did nothing to us and them make them pay for the invasion?
Wow, you've spent time thinking this through, haven't you?

I imagine it was very painful for Jeb Bush to throw is brother G.W. Bush under the bus. I really don't see a 3rd Bush becoming the nominee.

As far as Donald's chances???? I think eventually he will fade. He might win a couple of caucus states where voter turn-out is extremely low, and mostly pissed off people show up at them. When he heads in the primary states, that will be the turn for him. You know I understand the anger at the politicians in this county. They know how to campaign and debate--but when comes to actually getting the things done that they campaigned on they're AWOL from responsibilty.

I think Carly Fiorina rises to the top. She's also not in the political class of D.C. Never worked a day in any government position, but she can answer every question that's asked of her, and she can slice and dice like no other. She handles reporters and journalists like they're putty in her hands--and she does it with grace. She's definitely Presidential material.

Fiorina surging from also-ran to contender after debate Fox News

We invade a nation that did nothing to us and them make them pay for the invasion?
Wow, you've spent time thinking this through, haven't you?
What 9/11 has taught us is we can't sit back and let the enemy pick where and when to hit us, we must be preemptive and hit them before they hit us. Remove their capability of being able to hit us.
I'm getting tired of repeating the same mantra over and over again.

God willing the repubs are stuck with Trump. He would practically be hiring Hillary as president.

Are there any of the candidates they you would not grow sick of?

Usually I'm pretty positive no matter if Republican or Democrat is elected until we're about 2 years into their term. I have to admit to myself that Trump has been interesting and so the only ones I've tuned out thus far are Hillary and Huckabee. Hillary I can't stand and while I respect Huckabee, he wants to treat on a before-tax basis all of my after-tax savings.

Oh, just one more to add to the list of who I'm sick of: Lindsey Graham.
Huckabee? You mean the guy who wants to sell cinnamon rolls as a cure for diabetes? The guy whose son whose son was arrested for crucifying a stray dog? That Huckabee?

What's that got to do with anything ?

Can you ever post without making a fool of yourself ?

I'd rather be stuck with him than Hillary. Maybe you should worry about getting your party a competent nominee. And let us worry about ours.
A competent republican not in this clown car.

Maybe of you took the blinds off you would see a number of them
Why the clown car is a convertible.
If the republicans are clowns, then what does that make Hillary?

The woman who kicks clown's asses.

Bill Clinton is not a clown.

Really, why? Can you actually back up one of your statements for once? I seriously doubt it.

You can't be serious – Trump is a joke and not a serious candidate; at least you and others on the right are consistent at being ridiculous.

Don't most Republicans on here claim the Iraq war was all Obama's fault and that Bush did nothing wrong? Yet they love Trump.

Don't get it.

It is also possible that we will be stuck with The Donald as president instead of The Hillary.
Trump will neither be the GOP nominee nor president.

It defies logic, but I'm beginning to think there is a chance for trump to get the nomination. It's a sad example of just how far off the deep end the right has plunged. I truly hope he doesn't get it, even though that would be the surest way to guarantee a Democratic win.

Forum List

Back