It's Time To Hate White People Month Again

Imagine this scenario: you have a teenaged daughter who you are helping to land her first job. Tank is the hiring supervisor. If that child is black, will she come away from her interaction with him feeling more confident, more hopeful, more peaceful towards her fellow man? Not likely, is it?

Now imagine she is hurt by Tank's attitude. How do you console her?

Now multiple that 1 Million times before that child is 18.

THAT is the harm bigots do.

Your not describing me, your describing Affirmative Action

What I would like to know in this context, is why you feel having a Black History Month is of any great cost or inconvenience to you, or harms you in any way whatever? I don't see it; I don't see that a little goodwill or empathy for others costs any of us
Even though it makes you feel better about yourself, having "empathy" for someone because of their skin color is wrong.

What I would like to know in this context, is why you feel having a Black History Month is of any great cost or inconvenience to you, or harms you in any way whatever? I don't see it; I don't see that a little goodwill or empathy for others costs any of us
Even though it makes you feel better about yourself, having "empathy" for someone because of their skin color is wrong.

WTF? I even have a wee bit of empathy for you, Tank. Has to suck, being such an asshole.

How about having empathy for people who for years were denied the promise of "liberty and justice for all"; who were denied the constitutional rights afforded the rest of us; who still face discrimination and prejudice daily; and whose culture and history are still disparaged by a lot of their fellow Americans, just because of the color of their skin? How about having empathy for those who were so long denied the opportunities America gave the rest of us, and still are having to catch up to the rest of us because of it? You call that wrong? I call it simple human decency. You think they're being "given" too much-care to trade places with them?

Maybe it's because I'm a Southerner, and I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of bigotry myself (some people don't like us much, either). Maybe it's because I've seen too many people brutalized, degraded, and mistreated. Maybe it's because I've seen brave men defend this country, and come home to be treated as second-class citizens. Maybe it's because I believe that the ideals expressed in the constitution and the Declaration of Independence are more than words on a sheet of paper, or maybe it's because I love my country enough to want her to live up to those ideals good people have died to defend. Whatever the reason, I believe other human beings, and especially my fellow Americans, are worth giving a damn about, whether they happen to look like me or not, so yes, I care. If you don't, that's your loss.

I get it Gadfly, you pity black folks

If you really see people as your equal, you will treat them as your equal.

Hey, did you know in America blacks could own property, own a business and vote long before Asians could?

The black experience is a big part of our history and not something to be shoved under the rug because it makes people feel guilty somehow.

Anyone who feels guilty about slavery is truly ignorant. I don't feel guilty for crap because I didn't do crap. All of our ancestors were enslaved by another people at some point in the history of mankind.

Last edited:
The black experience is a big part of our history and not something to be shoved under the rug because it makes people feel guilty somehow.

Anyone who feels guilty about slavery is truly ignorant. I don't feel guilty for crap because I didn't do crap. All of our ancestors were enslaved by another people at some point in the history of mankind.

I agree, my ancestors were enslaved by the British in the 1500s, I don't hate the British for that nor do I want anything from them, it was a different time and place. We don't have an Acadian People month to harp on all of the injustices that were done to them.
There are a lot of very cruel things being done to fellow humans today and most of it is in Africa, the Middle East and Asia........ I don't see the hand wringing about that by very many including blacks who are suppose to be so sensitive to it. It's so much easier to just blame America for it's faults which are minor compared to many around the world.

I agree, my ancestors were enslaved by the British in the 1500s, I don't hate the British for that nor do I want anything from them, it was a different time and place. We don't have an Acadian People month to harp on all of the injustices that were done to them.
There are a lot of very cruel things being done to fellow humans today and most of it is in Africa, the Middle East and Asia........ I don't see the hand wringing about that by very many including blacks who are suppose to be so sensitive to it. It's so much easier to just blame America for it's faults which are minor compared to many around the world.

It's absurd to attempt to make someone who never owned slaves feel sorry or guilty for someone who has never been enslaved. I can see this issue being the case with some of the posters on this board because they lived through eras where races are not tolerated as much; however, I firmly believe that the vast majority of blacks are born with the same opportunities in life as whites these days. I was born into a poor family. My family actually picked cotton and where sharecroppers after the Civil War and through the depression. My great-grandma is still alive today and still saves things because of the hard times. I've lived in trailer-houses and even an actual small travel-trailer for a while. My parents got pregnant in high school and started working poor-paying jobs. My dad made something of himself. He's been working for the same electric company since I was born and now gets paid great. He's the mayor of my hometown (smaller town). I went to college on my own dime (with a few small grants), and worked two jobs to get through it. My parents couldn't afford to send me. I am now living a good life because of my parents hard work and my hard work. I wasn't born with a golden spoon in my mouth; hell not even a spork. But my parents took the time to make sure that they encouraged me to get an education. There's an entirely differnet reason why AA communities are suffering today....IMO.

How about having empathy for people who for years were denied the promise of "liberty and justice for all"; who were denied the constitutional rights afforded the rest of us; who still face discrimination and prejudice daily; and whose culture and history are still disparaged by a lot of their fellow Americans, just because of the color of their skin? How about having empathy for those who were so long denied the opportunities America gave the rest of us, and still are having to catch up to the rest of us because of it? You call that wrong? I call it simple human decency. You think they're being "given" too much-care to trade places with them?

Maybe it's because I'm a Southerner, and I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of bigotry myself (some people don't like us much, either). Maybe it's because I've seen too many people brutalized, degraded, and mistreated. Maybe it's because I've seen brave men defend this country, and come home to be treated as second-class citizens. Maybe it's because I believe that the ideals expressed in the constitution and the Declaration of Independence are more than words on a sheet of paper, or maybe it's because I love my country enough to want her to live up to those ideals good people have died to defend. Whatever the reason, I believe other human beings, and especially my fellow Americans, are worth giving a damn about, whether they happen to look like me or not, so yes, I care. If you don't, that's your loss.

Are you talking about Jews or Christians?

Most of the examples you used are part of history, not what is happening now. Quit living in the past.

You see, this is exactly the reason this history month is bull shit.

The other day Matt Snort, Hopkinsville's resident Black History month spokesman for a local radio station, talked about how many lynchings have taken place in Christian County KY. 12 to be exact. One black for pushing her master down a well, another for causing the death of a baby, so-on, and so-on. The last lynching he jokingly mentioned happened in Jasper TX to a fellow named James Byrd. (Snort actually chuckled when he said this) One could argue that he wasn't lynched but he was dragged to death. This little fact was omitted.

This history of lynchings has been repeated all month. I also failed to see what Matt Snort thought was so funny about it. I also failed to see why we have to listen to this year after year. After reading your post, I can clearly see why.

White history is always being taught everywhere, because it is always happening everywhere.

Right now the middle east is changing because white people have invented a better way for them to communicate with each other.

Are you talking about Jews or Christians?

Most of the examples you used are part of history, not what is happening now. Quit living in the past.

You see, this is exactly the reason this history month is bull shit.

The other day Matt Snort, Hopkinsville's resident Black History month spokesman for a local radio station, talked about how many lynchings have taken place in Christian County KY. 12 to be exact. One black for pushing her master down a well, another for causing the death of a baby, so-on, and so-on. The last lynching he jokingly mentioned happened in Jasper TX to a fellow named James Byrd. (Snort actually chuckled when he said this) One could argue that he wasn't lynched but he was dragged to death. This little fact was omitted.

This history of lynchings has been repeated all month. I also failed to see what Matt Snort thought was so funny about it. I also failed to see why we have to listen to this year after year. After reading your post, I can clearly see why.
Where to start? Well, first of all, the crime of "lynching" doesn't necessarily involve hanging; lynching is simply group or mob violence against an individual-a great many lynching victims have been beaten, shot, or in the case of James Byrd, dragged to death. I don't believe you're quite THAT ignorant, so stop playing semantic games; that's both disingenuous, and rather transparent.

Second, I am delighted to hear that racial bigotry and discrimination no longer exist in America; but it's pretty obvious from comments posted here (on this thread and elsewhere) that quite a few people, (possibly including you?) didn't get the memo on that. Perhaps those of us who see examples daily are imagining those? I don't think so. This is not ancient history from some other land; I'm talking about what has gone on right here in America, and the poisonous residue of it still exists, right here in America today. If it did not, we would not have posters here trying to rationalize it, justify it, and/or pretending it doesn't matter.

Forum List

Back