It's Time To Kick The Turks Out Of NATO

And this is another reason I agree with Donald Trump's international politics when he says:

"NATO is ill-suited to combating international terrorism, which is the world’s “single biggest threat”. Trump especially objects to the US footing so much of the bill, saying that other allies should “pay up or get out”, and refuses to see the US as the “world’s policeman”. As he told a town hall meeting in Wisconsin: “Maybe Nato will dissolve and that’s OK, not the worst thing in the world.”

NATO is totally obsolete for today's world. Europe is a continent in distress and if they want to survive they should fight the real enemy which is radical Islam inside their shores.
your analysis is dunderheaded and a use of blunt force object principles. NATO plays roles which foster alliances, lend hope to aspiring and troubled countries like Georgia and while not as powerful as it once was, has a presence that is still needed today. Perhaps a revamped mission statement, a view toward today's more complex problems is an answer, but to abolish the organization is rash and lacks foresight.
Throwing Turkey out and inviting Russia in is hardly abolishing. The MUTUAL threat is ISLAM. And that is what we as countries and as people have to face.

And this is another reason I agree with Donald Trump's international politics when he says:

"NATO is ill-suited to combating international terrorism, which is the world’s “single biggest threat”. Trump especially objects to the US footing so much of the bill, saying that other allies should “pay up or get out”, and refuses to see the US as the “world’s policeman”. As he told a town hall meeting in Wisconsin: “Maybe Nato will dissolve and that’s OK, not the worst thing in the world.”

NATO is totally obsolete for today's world. Europe is a continent in distress and if they want to survive they should fight the real enemy which is radical Islam inside their shores.
your analysis is dunderheaded and a use of blunt force object principles. NATO plays roles which foster alliances, lend hope to aspiring and troubled countries like Georgia and while not as powerful as it once was, has a presence that is still needed today. Perhaps a revamped mission statement, a view toward today's more complex problems is an answer, but to abolish the organization is rash and lacks foresight.
Throwing Turkey out and inviting Russia in is hardly abolishing. The MUTUAL threat is ISLAM. And that is what we as countries and as people have to face.
I was addressing sky's position which is substantially different than yours.

They are not doing anything for anybody except prolonging the war with islamic state. Turkey has been on the radar for removal for some time and its time to act.
Should Russia and Turkey get into it we are REQUIRED by our NATO agreement to defend them.

Defending them WOULD give the islamic terrorist in the oval office one more way to kill Americans FOR allah. The oval office and its islamic terrorist president does EVERYTHING for allah. He has done NOTHING for Americans.

Putin is right and Putin is telling you the truth. Turkey IS a terrorist state and should be treated as such.

Fury

This I agree with!

huh?

I agree with Dark Fury....how do you mean Alex?

huh?

you are talking abolition, fury is talking reduction. ultimately the end of NATO may occur and that I do agree with, but not so fast too much change too quickly leads to instability and resentment. much like so old friend just turning their back in the middle of an alliance.

huh?

you are talking abolition, fury is talking reduction. ultimately the end of NATO may occur and that I do agree with, but not so fast too much change too quickly leads to instability and resentment. much like so old friend just turning their back in the middle of an alliance.
The Nazi threat is gone and has been for years. The Japanese threat is gone and has been for years. Today's threat is islam and a new threat needs a new alliance.

huh?

The Nazi threat is gone and has been for years. The Japanese threat is gone and has been for years. Today's threat is islam and a new threat needs a new alliance.
yet NATO is still a presence. In this capricious climate one does not abruptly take away that which has been a cornerstone, albeit symbolic, of stability while attempting to install a new untested leader of the free world. Piecemeal yes, entirety not yet.

Can you imagine?

Albania , a member of NATO

wants to start a WW3...

I mean...can you see how stupid is that????

NATO should go! now!

If NATO kicked a country out any time one elected a religionist nutbag, we would have been out in '01

Sincerely... my opinion is that NATO should be dismantled right now.

The world doesn't need NATO anymore.....go find new jobs all of you losers working for NATO there.

What scum...those Europeans working for NATO in Brussels.
It should have been dissolved the day the Warsaw pact was dissolved.

The world doesn't need NATO anymore.....go find new jobs all of you losers working for NATO there.

hindsight is 20/20 what would you do right now with NATO?

They are not doing anything for anybody except prolonging the war with islamic state. Turkey has been on the radar for removal for some time and its time to act.
Should Russia and Turkey get into it we are REQUIRED by our NATO agreement to defend them.

Defending them WOULD give the islamic terrorist in the oval office one more way to kill Americans FOR allah. The oval office and its islamic terrorist president does EVERYTHING for allah. He has done NOTHING for Americans.

Putin is right and Putin is telling you the truth. Turkey IS a terrorist state and should be treated as such.

Fury

Your man crush on Putin is weird.

Fury

Your man crush on Putin is weird.

He IS telling the truth.

Let's not forget: Reagan has promised Gorbachev NOT TO MOVE NATO to the east. And as soon as Gorbachev removed the Berlin wall (which was actually a good thing to do), Western partners not only came all the way to Russia's western borders, but also pulled the USSR apart piece by piece. And NATO keeps trying to involve more and more countries close to Russian borders.

My question is: if you are Putin, would you trust his Western partners and NATO after all?

Let's not forget: Reagan has promised Gorbachev NOT TO MOVE NATO to the east. And as soon as Gorbachev removed the Berlin wall (which was actually a good thing to do), Western partners not only came all the way to Russia's western borders, but also pulled the USSR apart piece by piece. And NATO keeps trying to involve more and more countries close to Russian borders.

My question is: if you are Putin, would you trust his Western partners and NATO after all?
At this point I truly do think having Russia become part of NATO is the only assured option against islamic state which we WILL BOTH face.

Germany I think will become terrorist central, we may well find ourselves having to surround Germany much like we did in WW2.

At this point I truly do think having Russia become part of NATO is the only assured option against islamic state which we WILL BOTH face.

Germany I think will become terrorist central, we may well find ourselves having to surround Germany much like we did in WW2.

Russia will never become a part of NATO for a number of reasons:
1. Russia can defend its borders by itself;
2. Russia doesn't want to be obligated to be involved into a war with any country just because some crazy president of NATO (like Erdogan) wants it..

However Russia is always willing to cooperate with NATO and is capable to do it pretty efficiently against world terrorism. NATO stopped consultations with Russia 2 years ago, so now it's all up to Russia's Western partners if they want the cooperation back or not.

NATO is relic of the past and sooner or later has to be dismissed. Better sooner than later. It seems to me that only Poland and Baltic states (the ones who hate Russia) would be sorry about that. BTW, the population of all the Baltic states is much smaller than population of Moscow.

Last edited:

That was the original intention, more or less, it should have happened, but Bill Clinton moved the goalposts.

Forum List

Back