Ivanka gets White House office and security clearance

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
58d08a1f2c00002100fef754.jpeg

New Reports Raise Questions About Ivanka Trump’s White House Role

The first daughter has reportedly taken an office in the West Wing.
Two new reports indicate that Ivanka Trump is taking on a more formal position in her father’s administration after playing a key role in his campaign.

According to a Politico report on Monday, President Donald Trump’s eldest daughter has secured an office in the White House and been given security clearance and what are presumably government-issued cell phones or computers, essentially making her a a full-time staffer “n everything but name.”

The powerful first daughter has secured her own office on the West Wing’s second floor — a space next to senior adviser Dina Powell, who was recently promoted to a position on the National Security Council. She is also in the process of obtaining a security clearance, and is set to receive government-issued communications devices this week.

Despite her West Wing office and access, her attorney told Politico she will hold no official position and will not be paid a salary.

Another report in The New York Times on Monday also supported the likelihood that Ivanka Trump is gearing up for more White House duties by placing her fashion retail brand under a trust.

More: New Reports Raise Questions About Ivanka Trump's White House Role

I think this is sleazy and unethical. There are too many immediate family members advising the Trump Administration. What do you think?

Last edited:
Actually, I'd be pretty okay with Trump removing himself from Presidential duties and making Ivanka his proxy to the Presidency

Two new reports indicate that Ivanka Trump is taking on a more formal position in her father’s administration after playing a key role in his campaign.

According to a Politico report on Monday, President Donald Trump’s eldest daughter has secured an office in the White House and been given security clearance and what are presumably government-issued cell phones or computers, essentially making her a a full-time staffer “n everything but name.”

The powerful first daughter has secured her own office on the West Wing’s second floor — a space next to senior adviser Dina Powell, who was recently promoted to a position on the National Security Council. She is also in the process of obtaining a security clearance, and is set to receive government-issued communications devices this week.

Despite her West Wing office and access, her attorney told Politico she will hold no official position and will not be paid a salary.

Another report in The New York Times on Monday also supported the likelihood that Ivanka Trump is gearing up for more White House duties by placing her fashion retail brand under a trust.

I think this is sleazy and unethical. There is far too much nepotism in the Trump Administration. What do you think?

Somebody has to service daddy while the wife is in NY!!

The first question I have is has this been done before? Is there some precedent for the members of the president's immediate family given this kind of clearance and access?

It's great to have people who aren't mentally unwell in the white house for a change.

When I look at Ivanka, I see a healthy stable human being.

Such a relief after the usual riffraff, narcissists, psychopaths and assorted drunks they usually dredge up.

I think this is sleazy and unethical. There is far too much nepotism in the Trump Administration. What do you think?
I think it doesn't matter. President's have given positions to family members. So what?

She has no political experience - so what has she done to earn or deserve it?

The first question I have is has this been done before? Is there some precedent for the members of the president's immediate family given this kind of clearance and access?

JFK made his brother Robert F. Kennedy Attorney General of the United States, so there's one precedent.

But he was AG. I read she's been given no official title. That's a big difference.

JFK appointed his brother as Attorney General.

Say hello to your first female president.

JFK made his brother Robert F. Kennedy Attorney General of the United States, so there's one precedent.

But he was AG. I read she's been given no official title. That's a big difference.

Well, I'm sure Ivanka Trump is going to be doing something or else why give her her own White House office?

Well, I'm sure Ivanka Trump is going to be doing something or else why give her her own White House office?

Hence, the mystery......... Catching on now?

JFK appointed his brother attorney general. Hillary planned on appointing her daughter first lady

Forum List

Back