I've come to the conclusion that FDR was the best president this country ever had

He was more likely the worst POTUS ever.

Those things you list would have happened without the jackass.

Yes, he did some good after all the egomaniac ignored precedent set by far greater men than he and stayed in office WAY TOO LONG...he was a very ill man for most of his last five years in office.
so was the Gipper

No single action has ever done more harm to America than the Iraq invasion.

You may have missed a little something called THE CIVIL WAR? Doh!
Civil war freed the slaves and that helped the middle class. The rich (slave owners) have always wanted to hire slave labor instead of hiring American workers at a decent rate. Illegals aren't free but they are cheap. They are our modern day slaves. And they are killing the American middle class.

And the civil war cleansed this earth of how many racist southerners? It was a good war. Cost a lot of good northern lives but some say worth it. Plus blacks got to kill whites and not get in trouble for it.

How about racist blacks. Should the earth be cleansed of them also? How to define racist.

Civil war freed the slaves and that helped the middle class. The rich (slave owners) have always wanted to hire slave labor instead of hiring American workers at a decent rate. Illegals aren't free but they are cheap. They are our modern day slaves. And they are killing the American middle class.

And the civil war cleansed this earth of how many racist southerners? It was a good war. Cost a lot of good northern lives but some say worth it. Plus blacks got to kill whites and not get in trouble for it.

How about racist blacks. Should the earth be cleansed of them also? How to define racist.

They don't have any power.

Seriously, Bobo? That's your take on the Civil War? Blacks got to kill whites and not get in trouble? That made it a good war? LOL...you can't teach your kind of stupid...it's got to be genetic!

Why do I say this???
Simple, he started 45 years of economic growth, centered government around helping the little guy, the middle class under him and the next 4 presidents that followed some of his ideas grew like a weed.

1. Biggest middle class on earth 30 years after the new deal!!!
2. Taking a country where the poor had very little and turning a lot of that into the middle class! This wouldn't change until Reagans bs polices shifted shit against the middle class in the 1980's! All one needs to understand is far more people worked for far more and the rich paid there taxes from the 30's through the 70's.
3. Best education system on earth from 1940's-1960's
4. America was number one in science and r&d spending. In most ways it was because of men like FDR!!! I seriously doubt the presidents before him could of done the same! They were too fucking worried wanting to stand around with their dick in their hands.
5. FDR regulated food, drug and pushed for better health for America...

One could argue that Reagan tried to pull us to pre-fdr ideas and it failed. Why the hell shouldn't we use what works???
He along with Woodrow Wilson started us on the track of absolute disaster we are sure to see... He was nothing more than a control freak and a dictator.

Most of the old timers I met who went through the depression would disagree with

They don't have any power.

Neither did the southern white boys who fought for the confederacy.

Why do I say this???
Simple, he started 45 years of economic growth, centered government around helping the little guy, the middle class under him and the next 4 presidents that followed some of his ideas grew like a weed.

1. Biggest middle class on earth 30 years after the new deal!!!
2. Taking a country where the poor had very little and turning a lot of that into the middle class! This wouldn't change until Reagans bs polices shifted shit against the middle class in the 1980's! All one needs to understand is far more people worked for far more and the rich paid there taxes from the 30's through the 70's.
3. Best education system on earth from 1940's-1960's
4. America was number one in science and r&d spending. In most ways it was because of men like FDR!!! I seriously doubt the presidents before him could of done the same! They were too fucking worried wanting to stand around with their dick in their hands.
5. FDR regulated food, drug and pushed for better health for America...

One could argue that Reagan tried to pull us to pre-fdr ideas and it failed. Why the hell shouldn't we use what works???
Yep, putting Americans in concentration camps because they have slanted eyes, sending escaping Jews back to Europe, dragging out an economic downturn 5 times longer than it should have been, gutting our military so much we were attacked by three nations and almost lost our freedom ...... Yep, I can see why Democrats love FDR.

Yes, he did some good after all the egomaniac ignored precedent set by far greater men than he and stayed in office WAY TOO LONG...he was a very ill man for most of his last five years in office.
so was the Gipper
Another leftist myth, believed by idiot leftists.

FDR was bedridden and damn near comatose, when he ran for POTUS the fourth time, but leftists think he and Reagan were alike. Can't fix stupid.

Here is a comatose Reagan....

so was the Gipper

FDR was bedridden and damn near comatose, when he ran for POTUS the fourth time, but leftists think he and Reagan were alike. Can't fix stupid.

When I started working in the mid 60's after my navy hitch, I worked with a few older guys who went through the depression. Some worked for the WPA. To a man they all agreed that FDR policies were what the country needed. They said that during the depression, having a job building roads etc. lifted their spirits and pride, as well as putting money in their pockets. Never heard any of these guys badmouth FDR either.

Of course he did. The only problem was all that money was tax money. All of his projects needed tax money to pay for them. He was taxing some companies at 99%. No way could they hire anyone. They couldn't afford to.

Everything he did extended the GD. He was elected four times because he put people to work. Only problem was the work needed tax dollars to pay for it.

FDR was far from the best POTUS this country has ever had. Far, Far from it.

Do some research. I did. I used to think he was a great POTUS till I actually researched the man.

So your big complaint is that FDR used tax dollars to get America up and running, it seems.

Nope. The fact that he raised taxes as high as 99% to get that money to fund his projects. These were all Govt. projects paid for with tax dollars.

Of course those that got hired for these projects could care less who or what funded them as long as they had jobs. They all thought FDR was a savior and that's why he was elected four times.

With those high tax rates no company could put anyone back to work so the GD rolled on.

Really. Do some research pal.

When I started working in the mid 60's after my navy hitch, I worked with a few older guys who went through the depression. Some worked for the WPA. To a man they all agreed that FDR policies were what the country needed. They said that during the depression, having a job building roads etc. lifted their spirits and pride, as well as putting money in their pockets. Never heard any of these guys badmouth FDR either.

Of course he did. The only problem was all that money was tax money. All of his projects needed tax money to pay for them. He was taxing some companies at 99%. No way could they hire anyone. They couldn't afford to.

Everything he did extended the GD. He was elected four times because he put people to work. Only problem was the work needed tax dollars to pay for it.

Do some research. I did. I used to think he was a great POTUS till I actually researched the man.

So your big complaint is that FDR used tax dollars to get America up and running, it seems.

Nope. The fact that he raised taxes as high as 99% to get that money to fund his projects. These were all Govt. projects paid for with tax dollars.

Of course those that got hired for these projects could care less who or what funded them as long as they had jobs. They all thought FDR was a savior and that's why he was elected four times.

With those high tax rates no company could put anyone back to work so the GD rolled on.

link?

This is virtually the same post you made yesterday. I responded with two links to show how misinformed you are. Your post is just standard trash talk that you can not back up. If you had not ignored the links you would have learned how many of the projects and programs of the New Deal were paid for with loans, some in the form of bonds. You would have also seen a series of charts that showed unemployment in the private industry going down to below 10% and production going up. What evidence do you have that a single person, company or corporation paid 99% taxes? FDR did a lot of things to pay for his programs, including confiscating gold bullion and exchanging it for notes. He then used that gold as collateral to secure loans from private banks, which helped a lot of banks. He used bonds bought by private individuals and corporations and he manipulated the price of gold as well as the value of the dollar.
It is obvious you are comfortable with the misinformation and trash talk and are not able to come out of your brainwashed comfort zone.

link?
Here are the links I provided the first time Claudette spewed her misinformation.

www.johndclare.net/America8.htm

safehaven.com/article/12560/the-great-depression-just-the-facts-maam

Don't expect anything academic or intellectual from this crew. Trash talk is all they have.

so was the Gipper

Oh my poor Dottie can you ever stay on point?

You claimed, like so many dunces on the Left, that Reagan was terribly ill in his last days as POTUS. Of course, this is utter foolishness and I proved it by posting the video of his farewell address....dumbass.

So how do you respond? With Iran Contra...do you fail to see how stupid that is?

Leftists...uhg!!!

I can't find the video where Reagan apologizes for the unconstitutional sale of arms stolen from the American people and bypassing Congress to fund terrorists.

I can't find the video where Reagan apologizes for the unconstitutional sale of arms stolen from the American people and bypassing Congress to fund terrorists.
You may also note that Reagan indicates the hostages being held by the terrorist were in the areas where they were captured were there by their own choice. Neither Lt. Col. Higgins nor CIA Station Chief Buckley was there as tourists. They were there because that is where their country asked them to be. Both were tortured unmercifully over a very long period and eventually murdered by the terrorist. These were the same terrorist reaping the benefits of acquiring weapons from Iran, Iran having gotten weapons via Iran/Contra. They were Hezbollah, the same group that blew up the Embassy and later, the Marine barracks in Beirut. You know, the Marine barracks where the Marines guarding the barracks were ordered to carry unloaded weapons. Even after the Embassy was blown up by a truck bomb, the Marines had to stand by and watch a truck rambed into the barracks without being able to fire a shot.

The worst foreign policy disaster in a generation+, $2-3 TRILLION of BORROWED Taxpayer $$$, 4,500 US Casualties, & it strenthened all of our enemies hands by keeping us pinned-down in that Repub-instigated quagmire whilst they could spend their revenue on whatever they wanted to strengthen their countries

can you post the statistics on Kennedy and Johnson's war in viet nam? 58,000 americans died for NOTHING. Iraq is not even close. You libs are so full of shit.

Although they bear a great deal of responsibility for error, Vietnam was not Kennedy or Johnson's war, and was not technically illegal. It was not a single action.

Although they bear a great deal of responsibility for error, Vietnam was not Kennedy or Johnson's war, and was not technically illegal. It was not a single action.
That is absurd...and reaching for straws.

Vietnam was most definitely LBJ's war. JFK intended to get out, so the dark forces within government murdered him and LBJ immediately gave them their war.

Conjecture cannot substitute for facts..
History shows that Eisenhower initiated intervention. American aid was requested by South Vietnam.
'Dark forces' were certainly involved. They dominated in the Iraq debacle.

Forum List

Back