James Clapper says Trump has assaulted our Democracy

WASHINGTON — American democracy is “under assault” on separate fronts from President Donald Trump and Russia, the former U.S. intelligence chief warned Sunday, expressing dismay over the abrupt firing of FBI director James Comey amid a probe into Moscow’s meddling in U.S. elections and possible ties with the Trump campaign.

As Trump works to fast-track Comey’s successor, lawmakers from both parties urged him to steer clear of any politicians for the job and say he must “clean up the mess that he mostly created.”

“I think, in many ways, our institutions are under assault, both externally — and that’s the big news here, is the Russian interference in our election system,” said James Clapper, the former director of national intelligence. “I think as well our institutions are under assault internally.”

When he was asked, “Internally, from the president?” Clapper said, “Exactly.”

Clapper spoke following Trump’s sudden firing of Comey last week, which drew sharp criticism because it came amid the FBI’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential election. Clapper said America’s founding fathers had created three co-equal branches of government with checks and balances, but with Trump as president, that was now “eroding.”

Lawmakers from both parties reprimanded Trump’s actions, which included shifting explanations from the White House for Comey’s dismissal and an ominous tweet by Trump that warned Comey against leaks to the press because he may have “tapes” of their conversations. The lawmakers called for a new FBI director without any political background and said Trump would need to hand over to Congress any taped conversations with Comey, if they exist.

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham, a member of the Judiciary Committee, said selecting an FBI agent to lead the agency would allow the nation to “reset.” He dismissed as less desirable at least two of the 14 candidates under consideration by Trump, former Rep. Mike Rogers of Michigan and Sen. John Cornyn of Texas, explaining that “these are not normal circumstances.”
James Clapper: U.S. government “under assault” by Trump after Comey firing – The Denver Post

And the pounding goes on--this from James Clapper who Trump tweeted out last week--claiming he stated there was no evidence against him--when Clapper stated "he knew of no evidence" and then clarified the next day that he would not have been privy to any information regarding the Russian investigtion, and in fact didn't know that there was an ongoing investigation into Trump & his surrogates that started last July.
The FBI Has Been Investigating Trump’s Russia Ties Since July

donald-trump-russia-elections-putin-cartoon-1024x671.jpg

james clapper also said there was no russia collussion. who do you believe?

Well if you didn't have reading comprehension problems along with an attention span of a gnat you would have seen that Clapper did NOT say that. He stated he hasn't "seen" any evidence of collusion, not that it didn't exist.

Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said Friday he doesn’t know whether evidence exists of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia during the presidential election, contradicting President Trump’s tweeted claim that Clapper “and virtually everyone else with knowledge of the witch hunt” said there is no collusion. Earlier Friday, Trump tweeted, “When James Clapper himself, and virtually everybody else with knowledge of the witch hunt, says there is no collusion, when does it end?”

“I don’t know if there was collusion or not,” Clapper said in an interview on MSNBC. “I don’t know if there’s evidence of collusion or not, nor should I have known.
Clapper rebuts Trump: ‘I don’t know if there was collusion or not’

66aeeff66959a10271e0be9fccc28f2c.jpg

why wouldn't he have seen it? wasn't he our intelligence director? where was he then?

WASHINGTON — American democracy is “under assault” on separate fronts from President Donald Trump and Russia, the former U.S. intelligence chief warned Sunday, expressing dismay over the abrupt firing of FBI director James Comey amid a probe into Moscow’s meddling in U.S. elections and possible ties with the Trump campaign.

As Trump works to fast-track Comey’s successor, lawmakers from both parties urged him to steer clear of any politicians for the job and say he must “clean up the mess that he mostly created.”

“I think, in many ways, our institutions are under assault, both externally — and that’s the big news here, is the Russian interference in our election system,” said James Clapper, the former director of national intelligence. “I think as well our institutions are under assault internally.”

Clapper spoke following Trump’s sudden firing of Comey last week, which drew sharp criticism because it came amid the FBI’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential election. Clapper said America’s founding fathers had created three co-equal branches of government with checks and balances, but with Trump as president, that was now “eroding.”

Lawmakers from both parties reprimanded Trump’s actions, which included shifting explanations from the White House for Comey’s dismissal and an ominous tweet by Trump that warned Comey against leaks to the press because he may have “tapes” of their conversations. The lawmakers called for a new FBI director without any political background and said Trump would need to hand over to Congress any taped conversations with Comey, if they exist.

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham, a member of the Judiciary Committee, said selecting an FBI agent to lead the agency would allow the nation to “reset.” He dismissed as less desirable at least two of the 14 candidates under consideration by Trump, former Rep. Mike Rogers of Michigan and Sen. John Cornyn of Texas, explaining that “these are not normal circumstances.”
James Clapper: U.S. government “under assault” by Trump after Comey firing – The Denver Post

And the pounding goes on--this from James Clapper who Trump tweeted out last week--claiming he stated there was no evidence against him--when Clapper stated "he knew of no evidence" and then clarified the next day that he would not have been privy to any information regarding the Russian investigtion, and in fact didn't know that there was an ongoing investigation into Trump & his surrogates that started last July.

Well if you didn't have reading comprehension problems along with an attention span of a gnat you would have seen that Clapper did NOT say that. He stated he hasn't "seen" any evidence of collusion, not that it didn't exist.

Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said Friday he doesn’t know whether evidence exists of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia during the presidential election, contradicting President Trump’s tweeted claim that Clapper “and virtually everyone else with knowledge of the witch hunt” said there is no collusion. Earlier Friday, Trump tweeted, “When James Clapper himself, and virtually everybody else with knowledge of the witch hunt, says there is no collusion, when does it end?”

“I don’t know if there was collusion or not,” Clapper said in an interview on MSNBC. “I don’t know if there’s evidence of collusion or not, nor should I have known.

That cartoon really nails it. Arrogant ignorance on the rise.

so you're also saying that clapper wasn't on the job? obummer, comey, lynch and Yates?

holy fk our nation leaders were all asleep. or, maybe they were colluding.

The article is total B.S. Line by line, misrepresentation of facts, outrageous assumptions, and questionable conclusions presented as fact.

Not worth the paper it isn't printed on.

"Lawmakers from both parties reprimanded Trump’s actions..." I don't even know what that means. Obviously, the writer is clueless.

Because you don't understand that line doesn't make the writer clueless, it means you have poor reading comprehension.

so you're also saying that clapper wasn't on the job? bummer, and comey, lynch and Yates?

I didn't say it Clapper did. When there is an on-going investigation he is also left out of the loop on CLASSIFIED INFORMATION. Clapper NEVER stated that there was no evidence--he stated "he hasn't seen any evidence of collusion"--and then admits a day later he would not have been privy to that information because it would be CLASSIFIED.

Reading has never KILLED anyone yet.

"Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said Friday (during the Senate hearing) he doesn’t know whether evidence exists of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia during the presidential election, contradicting President Trump’s tweeted claim that Clapper “and virtually everyone else with knowledge of the witch hunt” said there is no collusion. Earlier Friday, Trump tweeted, “When James Clapper himself, and virtually everybody else with knowledge of the witch hunt, says there is no collusion, when does it end?”

Last edited:
The article is total B.S. Line by line, misrepresentation of facts, outrageous assumptions, and questionable conclusions presented as fact.

"Lawmakers from both parties reprimanded Trump’s actions..." I don't even know what that means. Obviously, the writer is clueless.

Because you don't understand that line doesn't make the writer clueless, it means you have poor reading comprehension.

it means Trump is a douche bag.

so you're also saying that clapper wasn't on the job? bummer, and comey, lynch and Yates?

I didn't say it Clapper did. When there is an on-going investigation he is also left out of the loop on CLASSIFIED INFORMATION. Clapper NEVER stated that there was no evidence--he stated "he hasn't seen any evidence of collusion"--and then admits a day later he would not have been privy to that information because it would be CLASSIFIED.

Reading has never KILLED anyone yet.

"Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said Friday (during the Senate hearing) he doesn’t know whether evidence exists of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia during the presidential election, contradicting President Trump’s tweeted claim that Clapper “and virtually everyone else with knowledge of the witch hunt” said there is no collusion. Earlier Friday, Trump tweeted, “When James Clapper himself, and virtually everybody else with knowledge of the witch hunt, says there is no collusion, when does it end?”

well then how the fk did 17 agencies get the info and he didn't?

Liberals are like dogshit, they drop in one place smell like hell, stink up the place every way they can, and never do anything but send out shit smell and dry up.

Same old Bullshit, proved wrong again and again just like children that say UHUUU, UHUUU, UHUUU. when you tell them they cant fly. Liberals all think they can lie enough times to make it true.

Same old Bullshit, proved wrong again and again just like children that say UHUUU, UHUUU, UHUUU. when you tell them they cant fly. Liberals all think they can lie enough times to make it true.

thats pretty much what every stupid mother fucker that posts here says

Where was Clapper when Barry Hussein threatened economic sanctions, not against North Korea but against North Carolina until confused men were allowed to powder their noses in the ladies room? Where was Clapper when Barry Hussein pushed for the ironically named "fairness doctrine" aka "hush Rush" that would have forced right wing talk radio to broadcast left wing propaganda? Where was Clapper when Hussein used the IRS to spy on Americans and punish political enemies and where the hell was Clapper when the Obama ATF shipped 3,000 illegal weapons to drug cartels in Mexico and then lost track of them? Who do we see about the Border Patrol Officer who was killed by one of the weapons that the Obama administration gave to the Mexican criminals?

American democracy elected Trump. If Trump is a problem then American democracy is also a problem.

And the pounding goes on--this from James Clapper who Trump tweeted out last week--claiming he stated there was no evidence against him--when Clapper stated "he knew of no evidence" and then clarified the next day that he would not have been privy to any information regarding the Russian investigation, and in fact didn't know that there was an ongoing investigation into Trump & his surrogates that started last July.

Clapper is right.

Where was Clapper when Barry Hussein threatened economic sanctions, not against North Korea but against North Carolina until confused men were allowed to powder their noses in the ladies room? Where was Clapper when Barry Hussein pushed for the ironically named "fairness doctrine" aka "hush Rush" that would have forced right wing talk radio to broadcast left wing propaganda? Where was Clapper when Hussein used the IRS to spy on Americans and punish political enemies and where the hell was Clapper when the Obama ATF shipped 3,000 illegal weapons to drug cartels in Mexico and then lost track of them? Who do we see about the Border Patrol Officer who was killed by one of the weapons that the Obama administration gave to the Mexican criminals?
rant.

iggy.

blind rant.

iggy.

Clapper should know. He knows everything.

Forum List

Back