Jason Chaffetz To Poor: Your iPhone Or Your Doctor

58bed66b1900003600bd73cb.jpeg

Jason Chaffetz: Poor People Shouldn’t Buy iPhones If They Need Money For Health Care

The chairman of the House Oversight Committee says millions of Americans who might lose health insurance need to “make a choice.”

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) is proposing a quick fix for low-income Americans unable to afford coverage under President Donald Trump’s newly proposed health care law: Don’t buy an iPhone.

The American Health Care Act, unveiled by House Republican leaders Monday, offers less financial assistance to low-income people than former President Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act, so it would likely result in millions of Americans losing the health coverage they have today.

But the Republican chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee said Tuesday that Americans who might struggle to afford insurance under the GOP plan simply need to make the choice to “invest in health care.”

“Americans have choices, and they’ve got to make a choice,” Chaffetz said Tuesday on CNN. “So rather than getting that new iPhone that they just love and want to go spend hundreds of dollars on that, maybe they should invest in their own health care. They’ve got to make those decisions themselves.”

More: Jason Chaffetz: Poor People Shouldn't Buy iPhones If They Need Money For Health Care

Wow! Just wow! Why would anyone have to choose between healthcare and an iPhone? Most likely those who are on the financial edge don't have a home landline. Are they not supposed to have some form of electronic communication?

America is supposed to subsidize your cell phone ?

To funny.

You need a phone....buy a 10 dollar phone.

funny+captions+for+pictures+(7).jpg
What a darling little boy!

This is so typical of the crap we get from RWNJs. If they can find a way to hurt people, they're always in favor of it.

Remember when these morons actually agreed with some idiot R who said people aren't poor because they've got a refrigerator.

Nasty people.

So....if you can't afford insurance you expect someone else to pay for it....while you have a 600 dollar I-phone?.......that is insane.....

Show where anyone has said this. Link.

You idiot. Do you have a clue about Ronnie RayGun's EMTALA? No, of course you don't.
No need to call people nasty names, Luddly. If you disagree say so and move on. You're taking things way too personally.

This is so typical of the crap we get from RWNJs. If they can find a way to hurt people, they're always in favor of it.

Remember when these morons actually agreed with some idiot R who said people aren't poor because they've got a refrigerator.

Nasty people.

So....if you can't afford insurance you expect someone else to pay for it....while you have a 600 dollar I-phone?.......that is insane.....

You idiot. Do you have a clue about Ronnie RayGun's EMTALA? No, of course you don't.
No need to call people nasty names, Luddly. If you disagree say so and move on. You're taking things way too personally.

So why should tax payers pay for a person's health care so they continue to drive the best car, have the latest cell phone, have a giant screen tv, etc...?

No one OWES anyone else health care, especially if they can actually afford it. Don't ask someone else to sacrifice for your benefit if you aren't willing to do so.

Nasty people.

She spends her day calling people idiots, nasty people, yadayada and then wants to tell me that I am not very Christian? REALLY?!

Do some people just never think about how they sound?

So why should tax payers pay for a person's health care so they continue to drive the best car, have the latest cell phone, have a giant screen tv, etc...?

No one OWES anyone else health care, especially if they can actually afford it. Don't ask someone else to sacrifice for your benefit if you aren't willing to do so.
And anyone who mentions this gets labeled nasty, idiots and not very Christian. Go figure.

You are right! The guy with all that shit knows that if he crashes his car and gets hurt , the taxpayer will make sure he gets treated .

That's why we have Obamacare. To make that freeloader pay for insurance that he can afford .

Nasty people.

images
Some of us have those laptops or computers because other people threw them away even though they were still fixable to be usable ;)

Its easy to make assumptions without actually knowing the ins and outs of other peoples lives.

:thewave:

You are right! The guy with all that shit knows that if he crashes his car and gets hurt , the taxpayer will make sure he gets treated .

That's why we have Obamacare. To make that freeloader pay for insurance that he can afford .
Totaled the car a few nights ago (hit a deer, it expired on site) and it didn't cost you or anyone else a dime. You guys come up with some pretty lame shit to justify your positions to keep a racketeering scam going.

images
Some of us have those laptops or computers because other people threw them away even though they were still fixable to be usable ;)

Its easy to make assumptions without actually knowing the ins and outs of other peoples lives.

I apologize. My point is directed on the fact that people in America who are in the system collecting EBT, Section 8 housing, Obama phone, Wick, etc are not poor according to 10/40 window standards. Not even close.

My second point is that Democrats do not give nearly the amount of money to the poor that Christians give so they have no right to judge any Christian on the matter. They talk big but sacrifice little if anything.

There is problem when people are getting free healthcare, wearing Nikes, sporting an Iphone, etc....and on public assistance.

Chaffetz isn't far off the mark

Really? The $100 they spent on Nikes and the $150 on a phone would pay for how much medical care?

images

Remember these?

Funny. Do you know how much a landline costs in many areas - especially if one can't afford to bundle TV, Internet, and phone?
$95.00+ a month here an you cannot just get Internet without the landline.
That's outrageous. $95.00 a month for internet? I'd like to see our government open the market place on that and make the prices competitive in order to bring those costs way down.

There is problem when people are getting free healthcare, wearing Nikes, sporting an Iphone, etc....and on public assistance.

Chaffetz isn't far off the mark

Really? The $100 they spent on Nikes and the $150 on a phone would pay for how much medical care?
A walk in clinic is 100 - 150 dollars. Right? If they have cash they may even be able to negotiate their bill.

images

I apologize. My point is directed on the fact that people in America who are in the system collecting EBT, Section 8 housing, Obama phone, Wick, etc are not poor according to 10/40 window standards. Not even close.
TY, Jeri.

I was a single mom with two children at eighteen. If it were not for help we literally would have starved or I would have had no choice but to stay in a situation that very possibly one of the children or I would have been severely injured or even died at some point. It took a few years but ultimately I was able to work out of that situation and eventually I employed over forty people.

We need programs to help people when they need it but we need to make sure the money is spent wisely. It hasn't been for years.

Are you alright? Did you get injured?

Totaled the car a few nights ago (hit a deer, it expired on site) and it didn't cost you or anyone else a dime. You guys come up with some pretty lame shit to justify your positions to keep a racketeering scam going.

Forum List

Back