Jeb Bush: "People need to Work Longer Hours!"

I think Americans would like to see the Bush brothers work at all! They don't know what work is, their daddy gave them everything.

What a brainless taint.

Standard class envy.

You ever know any rich people?

You people have these canned responses because you don't have coherent critical thinking.

Bush wants working people to work more hours, when he has never worked a day in his life.

Doesn't sound American to me, sounds more like the South, circa 1859.

I think Americans would like to see the Bush brothers work at all! They don't know what work is, their daddy gave them everything.

What a brainless taint.

Standard class envy.

You people have these canned responses because you don't have coherent critical thinking.

Bush wants working people to work more hours, when he has never worked a day in his life.

Neither has any other politician so what's your point?

Besides anyone with a brain realizes that he meant more people need to be working full time rather than part time.

And you want to talk about critical thinking, Mr Literal?

What a brainless taint.

Standard class envy.

Neither has any other politician so what's your point?

Besides anyone with a brain realizes that he meant more people need to be working full time rather than part time.

And you want to talk about critical thinking, Mr Literal?

Yeah Jub is trying to walk back his statement as well. Try this Jub, get a job and work 60 hours a week for a year, then get back to us.

Perhaps he wants people to work 60 hours per week for the same wage as for 40 hours per week. You know, kick it in for the good of the company. What he does not realize is that employees are not there to see the company succeed. Punch in and punch out...no more...no less.

I got mine. Worked 40 yrs and saved/invested well. My boss asked me to pee in a cup 10 yrs ago. I haven't worked since.
I'm the one Jeb wants working. Since I won't stop smoking pot, that's not going to happen.

Republicans hoist on their own petard.

Remember "You didn't do that".

or

"What does it matter?"

Now it's "People need to work longer hours".

or

"What does it matter?"

Good point, this one will haunt not just Jub but the Republican Party through the election. Sounds like 'you didn't build that'.

And I'm guessing with this clown car full of con candidates there will be countless sound bites to come.

or

"What does it matter?"

Good point, this one will haunt not just Jub but the Republican Party through the election. Sounds like 'you didn't build that'.

And I'm guessing with this clown car full of con candidates there will be countless sound bites to come.
That's right. You didn't build that. Thanks.

or

"What does it matter?"

What does it matter was Hillary's comment

How about you didn't build that

And frankly I'm of the mind people would be better off if they worked more

I still put in way over 40 hours a week

Like I said no one who has ever achieved anything has only worked 40 hours a week

What a brainless taint.

Standard class envy.

You?! Accusing me or anyone of "canned responses?

NOw, that is rich.

PUn intended.

Bush didn't make this statement based on being rich. I have pointed out that he made it based on Ideology.

I have pointed out that this Ideology has won the contest of ideas and become bi-partisan policy.

All you people want to do is bash the rich.

Some of the rich of course.

Not the Kennedys, not the Clintons, not the Obamas.

I asked you if you knew any rich people.

You, of course ignored my question.

I am not rich. I have known several rich people. None of them were "Evul" as you libs seem to think they are. Some of them were very nice.

Hell, none of the rich people I ever knew left a woman to die is a submerged car.

Anyone who believes Americans aren't working hard enough hasn't met enough American workers.

Hillary Clinton on Twitter Anyone who believes Americans aren t working hard enough hasn t met enough American workers. http t.co wyS1p8zcDo

Perhaps if the class of people that Jeb Bush belongs shared the profits with the people that earned those profits for them, the economy would be doing better.

Bush also threw in that workers have to increase their productivity to earn more.

That might be the biggest insult in what he said, as the chart you posted proves.
Anytime I asked for a raise, I've been asked why I deserve it.

So by your logic, the American workers' wages have stagnated and/or fallen because Americans are no longer deserving of being paid for what they produce.

Perhaps he wants people to work 60 hours per week for the same wage as for 40 hours per week. You know, kick it in for the good of the company. What he does not realize is that employees are not there to see the company succeed. Punch in and punch out...no more...no less.

Sort of.

There is a disconnect between his Theoretical Thinking and Practical Application.

He believes based on ideology, that increased productivity will lead to economic growth and thus higher wages.

He hasn't noticed yet that people have been working plenty of hours without the expected increase in wages.

His position as one of the elite has no doubt helped with this because he has not had to work longer and harder nor probably seen anyone who has to work longer and harder.

And yes. Expecting extra effort from employees for employers who have zero concern about their employees is nonsense.

or

"What does it matter?"

Like I said no one who has ever achieved anything has only worked 40 hours a week

What regular folk want to 'achieve' is to raise a family and provide for them.

It has become less and less possible in America to do that on a 40 hr/wk job.

If you're happy about that you have a problem.

or

"What does it matter?"

Except that Hillary has no better answer. She might not say it, but her policy on Trade will be the same.

If you guys called the RIght on the policy, instead of just playing "gotcha" with sound bites, there might be some movement on this problem.

But, what's the point of that?

So you are against people getting a full 40 hours, so they can survive easier on their own?

Oh fer fucksake! This bit keeps getting repeated over and over, and honestly it's wearing thin. You're cherry-picking hourly line employees in low level positions and conflating them to be a majority of employed Americans, when they aren't.

From what I can see, most Americans right now are working more than 40 hours. Salaried individuals are working well more than 40 hours, often times doing more than one person's work. Non-salaried people are working more than 40 hours, typically across multiple jobs.

Anyone who believes Americans aren't working hard enough hasn't met enough American workers.

Hillary Clinton on Twitter Anyone who believes Americans aren t working hard enough hasn t met enough American workers. http t.co wyS1p8zcDo

Perhaps if the class of people that Jeb Bush belongs shared the profits with the people that earned those profits for them, the economy would be doing better.

American workers are being very productive in modern times. I know this for two reasons:

1 - I'm an American worker. I work damn hard. I work smart. I'm fucking awesome at what I do.
2 - I manage American workers. I get excellent results out of them. I'm fucking awesome at what I do, and the number one thing I do is to make them fucking awesome at what they do.

To get more and better wage-earning hours, the American worker needs more skills, and that means more and better education.

Provide an outstanding education, and almost everything else works itself out.

I can't cite the reference but the other day I heard someone being interviewed who was explaining why that theory is no good either.

Yeah, great publicity job there Jeb, keep it up...

Jeb Bush People Need to Work Longer Hours - ABC News
“My aspiration for the country and I believe we can achieve it, is 4 percent growth as far as the eye can see. Which means we have to be a lot more productive, workforce participation has to rise from its all-time modern lows. It means that people need to work longer hours” and, through their productivity, gain more income for their families. That's the only way we're going to get out of this rut that we're in.”

BTW - His earlier point goes against people working longer hours....people working longer hours means the company needs to hire less people, thus reducing employment numbers and lowering the workforce participation.

One of the most dreadful impacts of Obamunism has been the reduction of hours of workers to part time, to escape the absurd mandates of Der Fuhrer. People DO need to be ABLE to work longer hours than the 28 that Obama has relegated most of the workforce to.

That and people being forced to work two jobs to make ends meet.

'Jeb Bush: "People need to Work Longer Hours!"'

Yes, everyone knows Bush was referring to part-time workers, but Jeb still misses the point, as stagnant wages is the real issue, something Bush and other republicans refuse to address because higher wages for working Americans means fewer profits for corporations, where republicans will always put the interests of corporations over that of working Americans.

Forum List

Back