Jeb Bush Threatens Dems' Hold on Hispanic Vote

Jeb Bush, Hillary Clinton, what is the difference? The direction of the country won't change. Big money interests will still take priority over the taxpayers. We'll continue to push an empirical foreign policy with endless wars. Lobbyists will still get rich off the D.C. trough.
Big money's grip on government won't change until we change how elections are financed. SUPPORT PUBLIC FINANCING OF ELECTIONS and get the buying and selling of votes out of the system.
i have to concur.....even footing for all.....

This may seem obvious to all but diehard RW Republicans, but Jeb Bush could be the biggest threat to the Democratic Party since Abraham Lincoln. Hispanics are the fastest growing segment of our population, and a Spanish speaking President and Mexican-born First Lady would be an irresistible combination. Hispanic cultural values are much more closely aligned with the GOP, and it is only Democratic demagoguery about "immigration reform" which has countered this inclination.

Thus the attacks oh him from the Right and the Left. Strange bedfellows indeed!

Jeb would have a lock on the Hispanic vote. His son, George P. Bush just won his own election in Texas. If the handsome and Spanish speaking George campaigned on behalf of his dad, it would be devastating to democrats.
where, in Texas?.....and who cares if he is handsome?....do you think the Mexican men are going to care?...

Last edited:
Jeb Bush, Hillary Clinton, what is the difference? The direction of the country won't change. Big money interests will still take priority over the taxpayers. We'll continue to push an empirical foreign policy with endless wars. Lobbyists will still get rich off the D.C. trough.

"empirical foreign policy" eh?

:rolleyes:

3 Bushes no thanks....Another Bush could never win the Republican nomination nor should he

Oh, he very well could. Don't underestimate the stupidity of the American sheeple.
the Republican base is not that stupid..He 's not an exciting candidate, he doesn't inspire anything. What does he stand for really? He wont get the nomination

Not exciting at all. Like Ben Carson. Good men but no charisma.

It seems as if the Dems are as fractured as the GOP within their parties. Hillary moving to the left to look like Warren and the battle between big government and small government factions within the GOP.

I find the very idea of a Jeb Bush presidency appalling. Same with Hillary.

The Dems will count on voters like you sound, to give them a shoe-in for victory, hoping you will sit out another election.
And they probably will win if the Reps run such a stale candidate.

That would depend on how the bad the next two years are going to be. Romney is still numero uno in the polls with JB closing in at 2nd. But the day is young.

This may seem obvious to all but diehard RW Republicans, but Jeb Bush could be the biggest threat to the Democratic Party since Abraham Lincoln. Hispanics are the fastest growing segment of our population, and a Spanish speaking President and Mexican-born First Lady would be an irresistible combination. Hispanic cultural values are much more closely aligned with the GOP, and it is only Democratic demagoguery about "immigration reform" which has countered this inclination.

Jeb would have a lock on the Hispanic vote. His son, George P. Bush just won his own election in Texas. If the handsome and Spanish speaking George campaigned on behalf of his dad, it would be devastating to democrats.
where in Texas?.....and who cares if he is handsome?....do you think the Mexican men are going to care?...
Mexican men will listen to a good looking young mexican speaking spanish rather than an old white hag.

If Jeb runs he gets the hispanic vote. There's just no getting around that. It's like imagining that obama wouldn't get the black vote.

3 Bushes no thanks....Another Bush could never win the Republican nomination nor should he

Oh, he very well could. Don't underestimate the stupidity of the American sheeple.
the Republican base is not that stupid..He 's not an exciting candidate, he doesn't inspire anything. What does he stand for really? He wont get the nomination

It seems as if the Dems are as fractured as the GOP within their parties. Hillary moving to the left to look like Warren and the battle between big government and small government factions within the GOP.

Maybe so but, Ben Carson actually stands for something....Jeb Bush stands for nothing, but the same old crony politics

He sure won't have a wife by his side as he campaigns, and Hillary will have Bill and Chelsea. Jeb's wife avoids the limelight.

The Dems will count on voters like you sound, to give them a shoe-in for victory, hoping you will sit out another election.

That would depend on how the bad the next two years are going to be. Romney is still numero uno in the polls with JB closing in at 2nd. But the day is young.
Yes. So I guess it doesn't depend on voters thinking like I do after all.

Romney and Hillary. Two proven losers. Excellent.

What BOTH parties need is new, dynamic people with ideas instead of running old retreads.

Maybe so but, Ben Carson actually stands for something....Jeb Bush stands for nothing, but the same old crony politics

I think Jeb stands for something he is inside and that is integrity. A polished dignity that surely will lose him votes in today's society as it did Romney. Carson, the same. Carson hasn't had experience to be the POTUS. I really hope a governor wins it. Someone who has balanced a budget.

What BOTH parties need is new, dynamic people with ideas instead of running old retreads.

Unfortunately what both parties need first is money. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Lots and lots of it.

Dems don't have any "new dynamic people" What are they going to run on anyway? Obamanomics?

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Many of these comments sound like campaigning for head cheerleader in high school. If you base your vote on "charisma" or "excitement," maybe you shouldn't vote. Some these candidates might be good VP choices, but being Governor of a large State is the only valid preparation for becoming a President.

Jeb Bush signed the infamous Statement of Principles on June 3, 1997:

see: http://www.rrojasdatabank.info/pfpc/PNAC---statement of principles.pdf

Look who else signed it:

Elliott Abrams
Gary Bauer
William J. Bennett
Jeb Bush
Dick Cheney
Eliot A. Cohen
Midge Decter
Paula Dobriansky
Steve Forbes
Aaron Friedberg
Francis Fukuyama
Frank Gaffney
Fred C. Ikle
Donald Kagan
Zalmay Khalilzad
I. Lewis Libby
Norman Podhoretz
Dan Quayle
Peter W. Rodman
Stephen P. Rosen
Henry S. Rowen
Donald Rumsfeld
Vin Weber
George Weigel
Paul Wolfowitz

Many of these comments sound like campaigning for head cheerleader in high school. If you base your vote on "charisma" or "excitement," maybe you shouldn't vote. Some these candidates might be good VP choices, but being Governor of a large State is the only valid preparation for becoming a President.

Basing votes on charisma and excitement says more about the voters than the candidates. We have some major dumbed down electorate.

thanks for that news and article on 'noel bush' , I'll have to spread that around . Now I just need to find some dirt on young 'jorge p'. Didn't the wife try smuggling something through customs years ago ?? Me , I'll never vote for any 'bush' . Only voted for 'gw' once at his first run fer president . Let 'hilary' or 'pocohontos' have it rather than a 'bush' .

I think Jeb stands for something he is inside and that is integrity. A polished dignity that surely will lose him votes in today's society as it did Romney. Carson, the same. Carson hasn't had experience to be the POTUS. I really hope a governor wins it. Someone who has balanced a budget.

Not a Bush or a Romney..Same old same old. Carson is not my first choice but better than those two

Forum List

Back