Jerry Brown Sworn-IN!!!

Since when was Reagan's' economic program significantly different?

do you even know the difference between the supply side and demand side?
Two sides of the same Keynesian coin, knucklehead.

Despite what you may of thought, I don't worship at the altar of Reagan...So you'll have to go dig up another strawman.

wry....try arguing the facts and not the source. I'm not lying and you know it...I can't help that you have your head up Brown's ass so far you can't, or won't admit the truth. It's the echo chamber from where you hide. It's Okay, dude, I get where your coming from, like I said, it's just the way you roll. :lol:

One more source and more evidence you're a liar:

Jerry Brown - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You do realize, I personally can change what's in Wiki, right?

It's a good feeling to have my very own groupie. :lol:

Of course you can edit Wiki. Please do and see how soon others see you for what you are. The fact remains you're a liar and bragging about rewriting history makes you something worse.

since CA is over 50% hispanic now, it is a big deal. she said she wanted to crack down on immigration and deport illegals. all the while she employed an illegal for over 9 years. thats not a made up story, its a fact, and Whitman even admitted it, as soon as she fired the housekeeper. in essence, she was promoting the very thing she was running against. prove me wrong, prove that she didnt employ an illegal for 9 years! not just a few months, but 9 years! you call it a talking point, i call it a fact. (Meg Whitman’s Illegal Housekeeper Threatens Race For California Governor - Caroline Howard - Social Medea - Forbes) (Meg Whitman knowingly employed illegal immigrant as maid, Gloria Allred charges | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times)

you say she did nothing wrong, well california & federal law says she did.

"Fines Increased for Knowingly Hiring Illegal Immigrants
Most employers are already aware that they must verify that their employees are eligible to work in the United States, and that they may be fined if they knowingly hire illegal immigrants. Currently, those fines vary from $250 to $11,000, depending on the offense. The United States Attorney General and Homeland Security Secretary recently announced that these fines will be increased by twenty-five percent, the first such increase in nearly ten years. The government also announced that it is working on a plan to increase criminal penalties for the most egregious of employer-offenders." California Labor & Employment Law Blog: Fines Increased for Knowingly Hiring Illegal Immigrants

no matter what you want to think, she broke the law. prove me wrong on any of this.... ohhh that right.... you cant because its already been determined to be factual.

Please don't provide me with biased links and expect me to accept that as 'evidence'. What Gloria Allred 'charges' is not fact - it is opinion. She had an agenda. The 'illegal immigrant' shit is nonsense.

Brown was a fucking idiot last time around. I have no evidence to suggest he will be anything else this time around. Thankfully, our family business is no longer located in CA. We were smart enough to get out.... so we won't be paying for CAs stupidity.

You REALLY dont know this story?

why the hell do you claim to love Cali and practially LIVE on a political site and yet remain so terminally uninformed.

This stroy was national news for gods sake.

BTW, all those business taxes you hate so much on Cali were a result of trying to make up the massive revenue shortfall prop 13 caused.

I know the facts. Facts. Facts!

I love the state. It is my state. It is home. Unlike you, my family are not prepared to pay for the fuck ups of decades of fiscal mismanagement.

maybe you should actually change you name from california girls to something else now. since you and your family fled the state. call yourself wyoming girl or arkansas girl or retarted girl or wherever your family went. you dont give a shit about this state and never well. youre probably a fat disgusting snaggle tooth of a whore who doesnt have any friends and simply comes on here to spew bullshit to feel better about her life.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Actually, she's quite a hottie and she's my friend. She is also very brilliant. And I don't use that lightly.

Was common sense an oxymoron choice for a screen name? Because rather than using common sense, you are instead turning to fallacies to make your point. I would think that if you were serious about common sense and reason, you'd avoid the name calling and actually focus on arguments rather than turning solely to emotionally based attacks.

when she finally adds value to an argument i might have some semblance of respect. but the only thing she ever adds is people are biased and promoting radical agendas. unless the source is fox news, she wont read nor comprehend the story. she has still yet to refute that meg whitman employed an illegal for 9 years, and for the most part it cost her the election. she also fails to refute that after she made billions at ebay, she cut her staff by huge numbers all while giving herself and her executives huge pay outs. she also fails to refute that meg whitman wanted to add another 30,000-40,000 californians to the ranks of the unemployed. she likes little snippy sound bites. hence she needed to be called out.

Your post proves you know jack shit about me or my opinions. I have no more respect for Fox than I do for any other media outlet. I certainly do not take FNC as an acceptable 'source'.

I also don't refute that Whitman employed an illegal alien. What I do refute is that she did so knowingly. Because I have no facts to support that. I have seen a lot of opinion about it but no solid fact to support it. I don't hang anyone without evidence.

She is a tough assed business woman. I have no problem with that. CEOs make hard decisions every day - that's what they are paid for. While I may, or may not, agree with her decision, that is the job she was paid to do and she did it effectively and efficiently. Those may be dirty words to you, but to me, they show a tough character who can make the tough decisions required to save my beloved state from the total disaster that the liberals have created for decades. As it is, my family opted out. This is not our mess, we will not pay to fix it.

Please do carry on with the personal bitching about my physical appearance though. The irony is entertaining.

You don't need any assistance from me to look like a fool.

Economics is all made up, the only reason you have names for different types of economics is because of the stiffling taxes, rules, and regulations of the government.

Economics is based on a foundation that has been proven over and over again to be false.

The flawed foundation upon which that "science" rests is this theory

That people make economic decision purely based on self-interest.

This theory is flawed for a number of reasons.

First of all because people often make decisions that are not purely based on self interest.

Secondly, that theory also presumes that people truly know what their self interest are and how to actualize, them.

They don't.

As to the ongoing debate between Keynesian economics Austrian economics policies?

People positing that one set of policies is always superior to the other are telegraphing just how totally ignorant they are about what economic really is.

Basically, their are telling us that the vehicle of the economy ought to only ever been controlled though either the brakes or the gas but not ever both mechanisms.

Now seriously...does that make sense?

Folks economics is NOT a hard science. There are NO permanent laws about it like there are in chemistry or physics.

Many of you (and apparently many economists too) have been beguiled by the joy of the metrics of economics and miss the obvious fact that economics is not a HARD SCIENCE...its a SOCIAL SCIENCE

The economy is an ever changing event. It is never the same economy from moment to moment.

Ergo, No single rule of thumb, or set of policies, or theory is always right.

If you guys want certainty?

Stay out of the social sciences.

Last edited:
1978 All libraries closed at the end of June because of Proposition 13 funding decrease. Branches reopened for circulation in August (except Niles and Irvington which opened later).

That is factually not true. The Libraries were closed to punish the people. Same thing today, no tax money so what is proposed, letting criminals out of jail to terrorize the people.
i.e. From time-to-time, Justice (Texas-style) is exposed.​

I am not an expert on the times when Jerry Brown was in office and that is the problem.
Agreed.

It's time you Change that.....​

Gawd.You.Are.Dumb.

Renters and consumers benefited. If Property Taxes Increase, landlords pass along that increase to their tenants. If a Grocery Store's Property Taxes Increase, the cost will be passed along to customers.
Those fools still buy into the Keynesian voodoo which claims you can make the water in the shallow end of the pool deeper, by scooping a bunch of it out of the deep end and pouring it back in at the shallow end. :lol:

and trickle down or voodoo economics is perfectly sound.:cuckoo:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6-grpcjspA[/ame]

even Reagans budget director called it crap.

ThinkProgress Reagan Budget Director: GOP Has Abandoned Fiscal Responsibility By Adopting ‘Theology’ Of Tax Cuts
....More-often-referred-to as ancient-History....by those History-challenged 'Baggers.....​

What was David Stockman elected to?
That (typical) "conservative" State O' Cluelessness.​

December 1981

"While David Stockman would speak passionately against the government in Washington and its self-aggrandizing habits, there was this small irony about his siblings and himself: most of them worked for government in one way or another--protected from the dynamic risk-taking of the private economy. Stockman himself had never had any employer other than the federal government, but the adventure in his career lay in challenging it. Or, more precisely, in challenging the "permanent government" that modern liberalism had spawned.

While ideology would guide Stockman in his new job, he would be confronted with a large and tangible political problem: how to resolve the three-sided dilemma created by Ronald Reagan's contradictory campaign promises.

But Stockman was confident, even cocky, that he and some of his fellow conservatives had the answer. It was a theory of economics--the supply-side theory--that promised an end to the twin aggravations of the 1970s: high inflation and stagnant growth in America's productivity.

The supply-side approach, which Stockman had only lately embraced, assumed first of all, that dramatic action by the new President, especially the commitment to a three-year reduction of the income tax, coupled with tight monetary control, would signal investors that a new era was dawning, that the growth of government would be displaced by the robust growth of the private sector.
eusa_doh.gif

Fast forward.....

A Trojan horse? This seemed a cynical concession for Stockman to make in private conversation while the Reagan Administration was still selling the supply-side doctrine to Congress. Yet he was conceding what the liberal Keynesian critics had argued from the outset--the supply-side theory was not a new economic theory at all but only new language and argument to conceal a hoary old Republican doctrine: give the tax cuts to the top brackets, the wealthiest individuals and largest enterprises, and let the good effects "trickle down" through the economy to reach everyone else.

His failed expectations were derived from many events. In August, when enactment of the Reagan program was supposed to create a boom, instead, the financial markets sagged. Interest rates went still higher, squeezing the various sectors of the American economy. Real-estate sales were dead, and the housing industry was at a historic low point. The same was true for auto sales. Farmers complained about the exorbitant interest demanded for annual crop loans. Hundreds of savings-and-loan associations were at the edge of insolvency. The treasury secretary, perhaps also losing his original faith in the supply-side formulation, suggested that it was time for the Federal Reserve Board to loosen up on its tight monetary policy. Donald Regan saw a recession approaching."

Spending was cut you fool.

Libraries were closed, school buses sat unused, road unfixed, bridges crumbling.

There was a big fucking mess left in the wake of P13

Given that beginning in Gray Davis' reign, state spending on a per capita basis has increased at over twice the rate of inflation, I'd hate to see what the spending would have looked like before "the cuts".
Gee....how "odd" you were unable to post any (actual) numbers.

Wankin.gif

Those fools still buy into the Keynesian voodoo which claims you can make the water in the shallow end of the pool deeper, by scooping a bunch of it out of the deep end and pouring it back in at the shallow end. :lol:

and trickle down or voodoo economics is perfectly sound.:cuckoo:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6-grpcjspA[/ame]

even Reagans budget director called it crap.

ThinkProgress Reagan Budget Director: GOP Has Abandoned Fiscal Responsibility By Adopting ‘Theology’ Of Tax Cuts
Who said anything about Reagan, deflectopotamus?
Lemme guess.....the title Reagan Budget Director confused you, right??

:rolleyes:

As Keynesianism has proven to be an epic fail, you are wrong.

And your (I'm assuming copy & paste job) on supply side economics is partisan hackery.
Whatta great opportunity for a re-run!!!!!!

"This seemed a cynical concession for Stockman to make in private conversation while the Reagan Administration was still selling the supply-side doctrine to Congress. Yet he was conceding what the liberal Keynesian critics had argued from the outset--the supply-side theory was not a new economic theory at all but only new language and argument to conceal a hoary old Republican doctrine: give the tax cuts to the top brackets, the wealthiest individuals and largest enterprises, and let the good effects "trickle down" through the economy to reach everyone else. Yes, Stockman conceded, when one stripped away the new rhetoric emphasizing across-the-board cuts, the supplyside theory was really new clothes for the unpopular doctrine of the old Republican orthodoxy. "It's kind of hard to sell 'trickle down,'" he explained, "so the supply-side formula was the only way to get a tax policy that was really 'trickle down.' Supply-side is 'trickle-down' theory."

MsnSlap5.gif

The new-economy Tsunami WILL FOLLOW!!!!!

:woohoo:

LIVE!!!!!!

Oh boy! Another politician gets elected! :woohoo:

Wait! What? You're one of the few posters who actually read Mr Silly's shit? How brave of you. I thought everyone had him on iggy! :lol:

I purged a few days ago, logs that would make Paul Bunyan proud so I'm currently a few quarts low. Can't think of a better way to restock my supplies....... :eusa_whistle:

wry....try arguing the facts and not the source. I'm not lying and you know it...I can't help that you have your head up Brown's ass so far you can't, or won't admit the truth. It's the echo chamber from where you hide. It's Okay, dude, I get where your coming from, like I said, it's just the way you roll. :lol:

Knock-yourself-OUT!!!
"Given that anyone can edit any article, it is, of course, possible for biased, out-of-date, or incorrect information to be posted. However, because there are so many other people reading the articles and monitoring contributions using the Recent Changes page, incorrect information is usually corrected quickly."
This certainly would deep-six those graduates of EIBS.

hsnjpt.gif

:eusa_whistle:

California is considered both a snake pit and a joke by much of the nation. Its no secret.........the most backward state in the union by far.
All you have to do is see how somebody like Barbara Boxer can get reelected to show you how ass backwards the state is.
I know one thing...........Im not paying a single dime to bail their asses out as they continue their fall into the abyss.

It's a good feeling to have my very own groupie. :lol:

Wiki, I think when a person relies on Wiki they have a preconcieved idea of things, they go to Wiki because they do not have the knowledge or education to support thier ideology.
....As-opposed-to 'Baggers.....who state something as Fact....without ANY (actual) references to prove so.

Wankin.gif

Forum List

Back