Jesus hired a demon possessed traitor to handle his money for 3 years.

That is certainly one of the more odd religious defenses of the President I've heard.

That is certainly one of the more odd religious defenses of the President I've heard.
Making the comparison even better is that on Wednesday of Holy Week, historically it is thought that today Judas betrayed Jesus to the Sanhedrin, and tomorrow is the day of the Last Supper.

you can't make this shit up. LOL

He has used many kings, leaders, presidents throughout the annals of history regardless of where they stood spiritually. This is no new revelation.
Ah, well, it's certainly possible to believe the whole blood atonement thing was set in stone. I personally don't believe in that, and I certainly don't believe that "all things happen for God's purpose." Like Dostoyevsky, if God needs to kill children painfully, count me out of God's plan. But be that as it may, there's a strange irony in the homophobic preacher's comparison of Trump to Judas, esp this week. LOL

And it's just another installment on the weirdness of people who mix faith with politics supporting this immoral, unchristian old man.
He has used many kings, leaders, presidents throughout the annals of history regardless of where they stood spiritually. This is no new revelation.
His use of Hitler was really creative

Man's depravity has no limit. Evil continually.
In His image.

In His image, given free will.

Your statements contradict each other.

Tennessee pastor Greg Locke, who made headlines last year for a viral rant against gay people, shared his rationalization for supporting the blustery business mogul with his 30,000 followers and 1.5 million Facebook followers.

"People are like 'If you support Trump you can’t be a Christian,'" Locke tweeted.
"Do y’all listen when you talk? Jesus hired a demon possessed traitor to handle his money for 3 years. He can use the President if He so desires. Take a seat people."

Pastor Says If Jesus Supported 'Demon Possessed Traitor,' Evangelicals Can Support Trump

Judas is the model?!!! LOL
Please keep religion out of politics. I know you think is is a great weapon but the sword is double edged and does not discriminate.

Interesting comparison. I meant this as political post, not theological. I mean the timing is ironic, and the Judas analogy. I mean if you literally believe, Judas not only betrayed Jesus with a kiss, but also he hung himself without reconciling his sin, and cannot ever have been saved. Sweet, LOL

But Judas did get praise in some quarters of Christianity in setting in motion the events. And the gospel of John has Jesus foreseeing Judas' betrayal and allowing it. Anselm (CS Lewis) viewed atonement differently, but the traditional Christian view is that Jesus' willing sacrifice allowed forgiveness of humankind's sinful nature, and past sins, so individuals can achieve salvation through belief. ... basically. But in any event, Jesus' death was necessary for our salvation.

Doesn't really work for me.
Without Jesus and his Free Will Decision to offer himself up as The Sinless Lamb Of God foretold in Scripture there could be No Salvation. He was God, the Son of God, and at any time He could have called fire down from Heaven, commanded a million angels to battle or done any number of things to extricate himself from The Cross.

But He was The Second Adam come to redeem The First Adam and pay for his Transgressions.

Through Adam's Free Will, Death and Sin entered the world, and through The Second Adam's Free Will to offer himself as a Ransom for The Debt of Sin for 'The Wages of Sin are Death' Salvation was made possible, and the eventual Eternal Life that comes with that was made accessible to all who in faith accept the payment Christ offered for our Universal Debt.

YET, "That doesn't Really Work For You"

Ah, well, it's certainly possible to believe the whole blood atonement thing was set in stone. I personally don't believe in that, and I certainly don't believe that "all things happen for God's purpose." Like Dostoyevsky, if God needs to kill children painfully, count me out of God's plan. But be that as it may, there's a strange irony in the homophobic preacher's comparison of Trump to Judas, esp this week. LOL

And it's just another installment on the weirdness of people who mix faith with politics supporting this immoral, unchristian old man.

In His image.

Which ones?

Interesting comparison. I meant this as political post, not theological. I mean the timing is ironic, and the Judas analogy. I mean if you literally believe, Judas not only betrayed Jesus with a kiss, but also he hung himself without reconciling his sin, and cannot ever have been saved. Sweet, LOL

But Judas did get praise in some quarters of Christianity in setting in motion the events. And the gospel of John has Jesus foreseeing Judas' betrayal and allowing it. Anselm (CS Lewis) viewed atonement differently, but the traditional Christian view is that Jesus' willing sacrifice allowed forgiveness of humankind's sinful nature, and past sins, so individuals can achieve salvation through belief. ... basically. But in any event, Jesus' death was necessary for our salvation.

Without Jesus and his Free Will Decision to offer himself up as The Sinless Lamb Of God foretold in Scripture there could be No Salvation. He was God, the Son of God, and at any time He could have called fire down from Heaven, a million angels or done any number of things to extricate himself from The Cross.

But He was The Second Adam come to redeem The First Adam and pay for his Transgressions. Through Adam's Free Will, Death and Sin entered the world, and through The Second Adam's Free Will to offer himself as a Ransom for The Debt of Sin for 'The Wages of Sin are Death' Salvation was made possible, and the eventual Eternal Life that comes with that.

He suffered for a day, knowing he would be a King ruling the universe in Heaven as soon as the day was over. What a sacrifice.

Tennessee pastor Greg Locke, who made headlines last year for a viral rant against gay people, shared his rationalization for supporting the blustery business mogul with his 30,000 followers and 1.5 million Facebook followers.

"People are like 'If you support Trump you can’t be a Christian,'" Locke tweeted.
"Do y’all listen when you talk? Jesus hired a demon possessed traitor to handle his money for 3 years. He can use the President if He so desires. Take a seat people."

Pastor Says If Jesus Supported 'Demon Possessed Traitor,' Evangelicals Can Support Trump

Please keep religion out of politics. I know you think is is a great weapon but the sword is double edged and does not discriminate.
Grandpa, check your meds. I didn't make the comparison. The demented homophobic preacher / Trump supporter made it.

Now the question is - given the theological bizarreness - of the comparison and the preacher's excuse for Trump's behavior and evangelical support for the guy ... is:

Is the comparison warranted between Trump to a man who betrayed Jesus, either because God desired it, or by consciously choosing to fall to Satan's temptation, thereby committed suicide and cast himself into eternal damnation, and allowing mankind to be saved. LOL

And did the preacher intend this or was it just some kind of Freudian slip, or is he just a charlatan who doesn't know scripture from the crack in his ass? LOL

In His image.

Which ones?

Those above, free will and God uses kings and leaders.

Without Jesus and his Free Will Decision to offer himself up as The Sinless Lamb Of God foretold in Scripture there could be No Salvation. He was God, the Son of God, and at any time He could have called fire down from Heaven, a million angels or done any number of things to extricate himself from The Cross.

But He was The Second Adam come to redeem The First Adam and pay for his Transgressions. Through Adam's Free Will, Death and Sin entered the world, and through The Second Adam's Free Will to offer himself as a Ransom for The Debt of Sin for 'The Wages of Sin are Death' Salvation was made possible, and the eventual Eternal Life that comes with that.

He suffered for a day, knowing he would be a King ruling the universe in Heaven as soon as the day was over. What a sacrifice.

It was the ultimate sacrifice.

Grandpa, check your meds. I didn't make the comparison. The demented homophobic preacher / Trump supporter made it.

Now the question is - given the theological bizarreness - of the comparison and the preacher's excuse for Trump's behavior and evangelical support for the guy ... is:

Is the comparison warranted between Trump to a man who betrayed Jesus, either because God desired it, or by consciously choosing to fall to Satan's temptation, thereby committed suicide and cast himself into eternal damnation, and allowing mankind to be saved. LOL
I do not take any meds derp.

YOU created this thread not the nut so take some responsibility for yourself.

There is no other faith where a Sinless Immortal God King left his Eternal Heavenly Throne and took on the mantle of human kind in frail flesh to die for a Mortal Sinful Man.

In His image.

Which ones?

Those above, free will and God uses kings and leaders.

Not really. God knew the beginning from the end. Those leaders had free will and chose unwisely.

There is no other faith where a Sinless Immortal God King left his throne to die for a Mortal Sinful Man.

Yep, they're all works based.

If he had actually sacrificed anything, I might agree with you

I guess Media Matters monitors every Church service in the U.S. as well as conservative speech. The only time the crazy angry left talks about religious affiliation is when the left wing sissies protect sodomites and ridicule a Pastor at the same time. How come nobody on the left ever complained when Barry Hussein's Chicago based pastor spoke of anarchy and claimed that God "f'ked" the U.S.?

He sacrificed his life for all man's sins.

I guess Media Matters monitors every Church service in the U.S. as well as conservative speech. The only time the crazy angry left talks about religious affiliation is when the left wing sissies protect sodomites and ridicule a Pastor at the same time. How come nobody on the left ever complained when Barry Hussein's Chicago based pastor spoke of anarchy and claimed that God "f'ked" the U.S.?
Quite a few of us Christians who believe Jesus' message involved social justice did that.

He sacrificed his life for all man's sins.
He’s in heaven ruling the universe at the right hand of God for all eternity. Pretty sweet gig for one day of sacrifice

Forum List

Back