🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Jews As The Chosen People

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Saturday, October 20, 2018 at 1:25:01 PM UTC-7, Jews as the chosen people - Wikipedia

In Judaism, "chosenness" is the belief that the Jews, via descent from the ancient Israelites, are the chosen people, i.e. chosen to be in a covenant with God. The idea of the Israelites being chosen by God is found most directly in the Book of Deuteronomy[1][2] as the verb bahar (בָּחַ֣ר (Hebrew)), and is alluded to elsewhere in the Hebrew Bible using other terms such as "holy people".[3] Much is written about these topics in rabbinic literature. The three largest Jewish denominations—Orthodox Judaism, Conservative Judaism and Reform Judaism—maintain the belief that the Jews have been chosen by God for a purpose. Sometimes this choice is seen as charging the Jewish people with a specific mission—to be a light unto the nations, and to exemplify the covenant with God as described in the Torah.

This view, however, did not preclude a belief that God has a relationship with other peoples—rather, Judaism held that God had entered into a covenant with all humankind, and that Jews and non-Jews alike have a relationship with God. Biblical references as well as rabbinic literature support this view: Moses refers to the "God of the spirits of all flesh" (Numbers 27:16), and the Tanakh (Hebrew Bible) also identifies prophets outside the community of Israel. Based on these statements, some rabbis theorized that, in the words of Nethanel ibn Fayyumi, a Yemenite Jewish theologian of the 12th century, "God permitted to every people something he forbade to others...[and] God sends a prophet to every people according to their own language."(Levine, 1907/1966) The Mishnah states that "Humanity was produced from one man, Adam, to show God's greatness. When a man mints a coin in a press, each coin is identical. But when the King of Kings, the Holy One, blessed be He, creates people in the form of Adam not one is similar to any other." (Mishnah Sanhedrin 4:5) The Mishnah continues, and states that anyone who kills or saves a single human, not Jewish, life, has done the same (save or kill) to an entire world. The Tosefta, an important supplement to the Mishnah[4], also states: "Righteous people of all nations have a share in the world to come" (Sanhedrin 105a)

>
> From Judaism 101:
>
> Judaism 101: Jewish Attitudes Toward Non-Jews
>
> "Judaism maintains that the righteous of all nations have a place in the world to come. This has been the majority rule since the days of the Talmud. Judaism generally recognizes that Christians and Moslems worship the same G-d that we do and those who follow the tenets of their religions can be considered righteous in the eyes of G-d.
>
> Contrary to popular belief, Judaism does not maintain that Jews are better than other people."
Any race that thinks they are better than any other is really fokked up.

So you're grumpy because no one loves you. Got it.

I don't believe that a god has been proven but leave the door open if anyone comes up with real proof either way. Can't be any fairer than that.

Idiot
Go ahead and prove your god. You know, the one that left you all in the death camps.

And now you think you are not an idiot any longer, Nazi?
So you can't prove your god. Got it. And not surprised, your whole life is one big fantasy, isn't it?

You are not my fantasy. And one day you will meet your creator - or not. That's not my decision.

More fantasy. Why do you think a creator would want to meet you?

-----
Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
-----

-----

So then why does no one love you?

I don't call someone a Nazi on no reason to do so, Nazi. Let it be to speak with me until you are ready really to speak with someone. Your idiotic empty but hateful phrases are only a waste of time.

Did you take offense?
No, I can't be offended.

Someone who feels no pain needs a doctor.

It's just that you do say one load of nonsense after another. God, the universe... Your theories are unproved, yet you offer dumb shit as proof. And you think it's proof when it isn't at all. And the thing is, you don't seem to me to be a dumb person. Go figure. :biggrin:

If someone is using a negation ("unproved") then he lives sometimes in the illusion he knows what he speaks about. But this is wrong. A "not handkerchief" or "unhandkerchief" is everything what's not a handkerchief. And that's a lot: Nearly everything what we know and much more.

You don't believe in god - that's all. Possible reason for: Who believes not in god is able to do everything without any scruple and thinks this is freedom. But freedom is never freedom from responsibility. Indeed freedom and responsibility are the same. Freedom without decisions is not existing.
I don't believe that a god has been proven but leave the door open if anyone comes up with real proof either way. Can't be any fairer than that.

Idiot

Go ahead and prove your god. You know, the one that left you all in the death camps.
GOD didn't leave them ALL in the death camps. And frankly, there where quite a number of CHRISTIANS who were also killed because they felt that what the Nazi's were doing was EVIL. And Germany did reap what it sowed and Hitler and his Minister of Propaganda actually committed suicide and Joseph Goebbels poisoned his own children!

I don't call someone a Nazi on no reason to do so, Nazi. Let it be to speak with me until you are ready really to speak with someone. Your idiotic empty but hateful phrases are only a waste of time.

No, I can't be offended.

It's just that you do say one load of nonsense after another. God, the universe... Your theories are unproved, yet you offer dumb shit as proof. And you think it's proof when it isn't at all. And the thing is, you don't seem to me to be a dumb person. Go figure. :biggrin:

If someone is using a negation ("unproved") then he lives sometimes in the illusion he knows what he speaks about. But this is wrong. A "not handkerchief" or "unhandkerchief" is everything what's not a handkerchief. And that's a lot: Nearly everything what we know and much more.

You don't believe in god - that's all. Possible reason for: Who believes not in god is able to do everything without any scruple and thinks this is freedom. But freedom is never freedom from responsibility. Indeed freedom and responsibility are the same. Freedom without decisions is not existing.

Idiot
GOD didn't leave them ALL in the death camps. And frankly, there where quite a number of CHRISTIANS who were also killed because they felt that what the Nazi's were doing was EVIL. And Germany did reap what it sowed and Hitler and his Minister of Propaganda actually committed suicide and Joseph Goebbels poisoned his own children!
So why did god leave so many to die in death camps?

Idiot

god didn't do it--------adolf of the third reich---(aka third holy roman empire) did it.
Remember the word "CHOICE" -----free choice granted to all human beans

In case, let's check out why Jews haven't been the hapless perpetual victims for thousands of years n stuff. No need to point out that most Jews didn't live in Europe for most of the last two millenia, they lived under the rule of their friends the Muslims, not under Da Evul Xians, so right off the bat he Myth is bogus.

Next, we have the Jewish soldiers who happily looted other peoples right along with their Muslim brothers in arms, and that includes the invasions of Europe in the early 700's. One example of why Jews weren't popular with Europeans:

"I asked myself how such large Jewish communities appeared in Spain. And then I saw that Tariq ibn Ziyad, the supreme commander of the Muslims who conquered Spain, was a Berber, and most of his soldiers were Berbers. Dahia al-Kahina's Jewish Berber kingdom had been defeated only 15 years earlier. And the truth is there are a number of Christian sources that say many of the conquerors of Spain were Jewish converts. The deep-rooted source of the large Jewish community in Spain was those Berber soldiers who converted to Judaism."- Professor Shlomo Sand, the Tel Aviv University

"The Jews of Africa, who at various times had emigrated thither from Spain, and their unlucky co-religionists of the Peninsula, made common cause with the Mahometan conqueror, Tarik, who brought over from Africa into Andalusia an army eager for the fray. After the battle of Xeres (July, 711), and the death of Roderic, the last of the Visigothic kings, the victorious Arabs pushed onward, and were everywhere supported by the Jews. In every city that they conquered, the Moslem generals were able to leave but a small garrison of their own troops, as they had need of every man for the subjection of the country; they therefore confided them to the safekeeping of the Jews. In this manner the Jews, who but lately had been serfs, now became the masters of the towns of Cordova, Granada, Malaga, and many others. When Tarik appeared before the capital, Toledo, he found it occupied by a small garrison only, the nobles and clergy having found safety in flight. While the Christians were in church, praying for the safety of their country and religion, the Jews flung open the gates to the victorious Arabs (Palm Sunday, 712), receiving them with acclamations, and thus avenged themselves for the many miseries which had befallen them in the course of a century since the time of Reccared and Sisebut. The capital also was entrusted by Tarik to the custody of the Jews, while he pushed on in pursuit of the cowardly Visigoths, who had sought safety in flight, for the purpose of recovering from them the treasure which they had carried off. Finally when Musa Ibn-Nosair, the Governor of Africa, brought a second army into Spain and conquered other cities, he also delivered them into the custody of the Jews."-
Professor Heinrich Graetz, History of the Jews, London: David Nutt, 1892, Vol. III, p. 109

See The Dark Ages: Jews in Christian Europe, 711-1096, Tel Aviv: Jewish History Publications, 1966, pp. 357, 450fn1. It points out how Jews already in Spain were a 'fifth column' in the Muslim invasions, a primary concern to the Spanish Inquisition. They threw open the gates of towns when the Muslim armies showed up.

Here's a big Torah Scholar espousng all the peace and love stuff we're supposed to pretend all Jews believe:

Israeli Rabbi Preaches "Slaughter" of Gentile Babies

Although Shapira was released a few hours after his questioning last Monday, dozens of rabbis, as well as several members of parliament, rallied to his side, condemning the arrest.

Shlomo Aviner, one of the settlement movement’s leaders, defended the book’s arguments as a “legitimate stance” and one that should be taught in Jewish seminaries.

Yeah right, we're 'antisemitic' if we don't blindly sick up to Jewish bigots. lol only idiots would be kissing anybody's ass merely because they're Jewish, especially Christians. Some think they will explode in flames or something if they do, but that's rubbish, of course; no one is obligated to treat Jewish bigots any differently than they do Nazis. They aren't 'covenant Jews', haven't been since around 300 B.C.
Counterpunch....:113:

So prove he didn't say it; attacking the source, which is a Jewish news agency, not Counterpunch, is typical of lightweights with no intellects or reading skills. We can note that they can't dispute any of the other sources, not a single one, and there plenty more where those came from over 40 or so just on the Jews enthusiastically fighting to spread Islam and helping oppress an slaughter the locals and steal them blind for hundreds of years. But only the fake claims about 'Da Inqusition' matter, since there is nothing wrong with butchering goyim, according to Jewish racists; its' silly to even mention Jewish butchery and looting as if it were something wrong, right?

not "silly" ---in fact no more silly than the roman catholic "bloody matzoh" libel or the "that there nigra kid winked at my daughter" redneck justification for the lynch mob---- you got some citations for the program of "jewish butchery and looting" from your catechism whore?

Idiot

god didn't do it--------adolf of the third reich---(aka third holy roman empire) did it.
God made evil for all your "beans" to enjoy. :biggrin:

Idiot
People die everyday. Where they end up in eternity is what really matters. I'd rather a thousand years in Paradise than a full 77 years here and then suffer.

Idiot
People die everyday. Where they end up in eternity is what really matters. I'd rather a thousand years in Paradise than a full 77 years here and then suffer.
Hate to break the news to you, but there's no proof that we're not all going to the same place when we die.

Oh the irony. Hitler is turning in his grave hearing you call the Jews the Master Race. :21:

Sorry - although what this antisemitic idiot says is wrong, is this what you say here not really true, although nearly everyone thinks so. Heinrich Himmler - the executor of the Holocaust - was convinced only Germans and Jews were able to rule the world, because as well Jews and Germans were both superior races. Sure this was and is nonsense, nevertheless that's why they ("the masterrace", specially the SS) tried to eliminate every single Jew - even Jewish babies.

But nevertheless Hitler will rotate in his grave because of his own "Aryan" qualities: his wonderful blue eyes and his golden blond hairs. Hitler showed in the end only: Unfortunatelly propaganda is not able to be stupid enough.

Ah, the tard is still babbling about 'antisemitic', yet can't tell us all why anybody should not criticize Jewish racism, genocides, and oppression of others. this is typical of stupid morons who have no game, make up strawmen and babble incoherently.And again, no real refutation of anything, just idiotic pseudo-intellectual insanity from a crank, as usual.

You think you will explode in flames or something if you say anything critical of some racist Jewish bigots, dont'y you? lol lol lol

LOL? is that LOL something your catechism whore taught you for use
during those AUTO DE FE celebrations so treasured by you and yours?

God made evil for all your "beans" to enjoy. :biggrin:

God invented SATURDAY NITE LIVE for a great COSMIC JOKE-----
to wit-------FUN at the end of the week including the fun puritans term EVIL

That explains his feelings. Thanks for the info. Again Picaro seems to think it is somehow very very important.

You just seem pathetic and grasping at straws. Ovadia is just one of many who no longer cared to hide his bigotry and racism. Rosie coulnd't pull it off, either, and she's not elderly, just insane, and you're just a bigot with no game..
And millions of Christians were burned at the stake an hour after he said this.
Or was that billions?

By Ovadia's time Jews had been neutered and could no longer murder Xians by the millions.

I don't buy the old anti-Catholic Protestant propaganda either
Cowardice Is the Crime That Enables All Other Crimes

Ovadia Yosef demanded that his students be exempt from military service, which is the kind of disingenuous gutlessness that led directly to the Holocaust. Our regiment's Chaplain in Vietnam went out with the troops, got shot, and wound up paralyzed for life. He visited me out in a jungle outpost near the extremely dangerous DMZ (accurately known as the Dead-Marine Zone).

What led to the Holocaust is thousands of years of making it bad for Jews in general,
And We, Too, Are to Blame for Letting WASP Traitors Turn Us Into an Occupied Territory

Not only does antisemitism leave a yellow stain, but so did the self-hating gutless Jews who wouldn't wage a violent resistance to Naziism. They knew what they had to lose; their cowardice made them pretend they didn't see it coming.

Look at their dreary or dopey heroes, Kafka and Freud. The one covered up his lack of intelligence by preaching that nothing makes sense; the other wrote that we are all Mamas' Boys who have to hate our fathers and manhood itself. And that lost generation's favorite philosopher was Wittgenstein, a typical product of 20th Century academentia.

do tell us MORE of your experience with DA HEREAFTER---dingbat
Only a good man knows just how bad he is. A bad man has no clue.
There are very few truly bad people.
The Devil is Aramaic from the contraction of d'ehvil, d meaning "the" and ehvil meaning devil.
It is used in the Talmud to describe people who exist to spite God.
Academics Are No More Intelligent Than Sportswriters Are Athletic

I doubt if the traditional Greek derivation, diaballein "throw across," is accurate, so it is probably a transposed version of VLAD, meaning "power," or even related to divine, as an Evil Twin of that characteristic.

Oh the irony. Hitler is turning in his grave hearing you call the Jews the Master Race. :21:

Sorry - although what this antisemitic idiot says is wrong, is this what you say here not really true, although nearly everyone thinks so. Heinrich Himmler - the executor of the Holocaust - was convinced only Germans and Jews were able to rule the world, because as well Jews and Germans were both superior races. Sure this was and is nonsense, nevertheless that's why they ("the masterrace", specially the SS) tried to eliminate every single Jew - even Jewish babies.

But nevertheless Hitler will rotate in his grave because of his own "Aryan" qualities: his wonderful blue eyes and his golden blond hairs. Hitler showed in the end only: Unfortunatelly propaganda is not able to be stupid enough.

Ah, the tard is still babbling about 'antisemitic', yet can't tell us all why anybody should not criticize Jewish racism, genocides, and oppression of others. this is typical of stupid morons who have no game, make up strawmen and babble incoherently.And again, no real refutation of anything, just idiotic pseudo-intellectual insanity from a crank, as usual.

You think you will explode in flames or something if you say anything critical of some racist Jewish bigots, dont'y you? lol lol lol

Laughing leads to crying.

No idea what you are speaking here about.

At least this part of your posts is true; you indeed have no idea about anything.
He got more right than you do. There's that.
Inspired to Perspire Before Expiring

Jew-bashers believe they are in on a secret knowledge that only the important people know, which thereby includes themselves and makes you a nobody. After all, his idols wouldn't have been born rich if they hadn't been anointed by God to be so, probably from successfully competing during Pre-Existence. After all, isn't the Plutocracy's imaginary right of inheritance a form of reincarnation, for all practical purposes like the one preached by the Hindus, whose caste system was the worst social organization in all history?

-----
Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
-----

-----

Did you take offense?
No, I can't be offended.

Idiot

Cowardice Deserves the Worst Punishment

Actually, the Holocaust-bound Jews had abandoned the warlike God of Joshua, Gideon, and David.

Laughing leads to crying.

the phenomenon that you described never existed amongst the laughing nuns and
priests who presided over the Auto De Fe-------it led to sex for centuries---and counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back